What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The worst FF move you made? (2 Viewers)

Too many to list. Some I've probably scrubbed from my memory altogether.

Let's see...

- Traded AP for Greg Jennings and a mediocre rookie pick.

- Traded Calvin for Crabtree and a 1st round rookie pick.

- Traded the pick that could've been Melvin Gordon for Jordan Cameron (1.5 PPR for TE with mixed TE/WR eligibility).

- Drafted Kevin White over Todd Gurley in multiple leagues.

- Drafted Ebron ahead of OBJ.

I've gotten a lot better about not spewing, but this year I did shift Chubb for Drake in one league (still have Chubb elsewhere though). That one's going to sting. 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Also turned down give Mixon to get Conner. I don’t think I’m the only one who just undervalued Conner because surely Bell would return. I wish I had thought that one over more.

I have made many many trades where the majority worked out heavy in my favor but what stands out are the 2 that were really bad for me. 

Traded A. Brown the year after he broke out thinking it was only high volume for his success for the 1.4 pick and ended up with Sankey. In my defense (ok not really) it was a salary cap league where Browns salary jumped up that year and rookie picks were cheap.

Traded Gronk after his rookie year in a deal for basically Crabtree. Even though I was kinda right on Crabs value going up, I unloaded him for dirt cheap after he looked so bad after the achilles injury and Gronk went on to be Gronk. 

Odell Beckham rookie season, he's on Bye week 8 along with Crabtree.  I have to drop one to pick up a WR, and hoped Beckham would slip through another week.  Nope.

But it gets better, although I am not a party to this part of the story.  The guy that picks up Beckham needs an RB for week 9 - so he trades him away for Bryce Brown.  Later that week Beckham makes THE CATCH.  Argghhh!

Also this year, I was trying to swing a 2-for-1 trade to the McKinnon owner - my target was Jarvis Landry.  Meanwhile James Conner is sitting on the WW, and I though about grabbing him but didn't want to mess up the trade deal, since one of the guys in the deal would have been dropped to pick up Conner (and the deal never went through any way - and even if it did, Landry would have been a disappointment any way).  Argghhh!

We drafted on a Saturday night. Next day, my sure-fire championship-carrying QB from the Rams, Trent Green, goes down for the season. I have waiver priority and pass on some schlub named Kurt Warner and pick up Brian Griese instead.

Two moves:

1. Chose Shaun Alexander over LT #1 overall the year LT set the TD record, and Alexander was a disaster.

2. The year I chose Laurence Maroney in the 3rd round.

3. This year, two weeks ago, I traded T.Y. and Ebron and Dalton for Brady and Mike Williams. Move was more about having a steady QB. I wound up losing to that team last week—I would’ve won had T.Y. been on my team, and I’d firmly be in drivers seat to make the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here comes leader in the Clubhouse:

In Dynasty League traded away a first round pick for Kevin Kolb after Mcnabb was traded to Redskins. Thinking Kolb would be a product of that great Andy Reid system. Three weeks into season Kolb sustains concussion and a fresh out of prison Michael Vick comes in to start and well Kolb ended up in Arizona and the rest is history.

Same league, 2 years later I traded Brandon Marshall for Aaron Hernandez. Got about 5 games out of Hernandez before, well...you know.

Will Fuller for Patrick Mahomes  & a 2018 2nd Rd. pick in 2017, keeping Derek 'Fools Gold' Carr instead. Not mine but its on its way to being the biggest disaster in our league's 26 year history.

dropped Alvin Kamara in week 3 of 2017 season for TE coverage during week 4 bye.

Could have kept him in 2018 for a 6th round pick.

I think we finally have a competitor to the guy who cut Antonio.
in a keeper league, I drafted Tony Gonzalez his rookie season.he floundered a couple games, got nicked up.I needed a TE.dropped TG for Ted Popson.

dude who picked up TG won 3 titles in 5 years. 

again,same keeper league, I picked up Antonio Brown when he was a 'nobody',  just on a whim.  he had just started to string together 2-3 nice games. used him as a filler for byes.dropped him when he had a bad game, figured nothing much would come of it LOL

Users who are viewing this thread