What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

These Dr Pepper halftime football toss for $100K tuition (1 Viewer)

offdee

Footballguy
Why does watching these annoy me so much?  As a past college QB I can’t imagine even thinking about shot putting the balls on National TV. I just saw a guy going up against a girl and he destroyed her and STILL looked like a pansy that I have no respect for. 

That's Dr. Pansy to you! Let's be honest, the guy could have punted the balls into the hole and still won. They put the barrel of footballs on the wrong side (his left side) as way of giving the poor girl a chance I think. Why did they have a second set of barrels five yards behind them? I remember that contest as being much more exciting. There used to be a FG attempt involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does watching these annoy me so much?  As a past college QB I can’t imagine even thinking about shot putting the balls on National TV. I just saw a guy going up against a girl and he destroyed her and STILL looked like a pansy that I have no respect for. 
Each thanksgiving we have a family tackle football game and they used to be a lot of fun. I say used to because the younger generation of boys all suck. None of them can throw. None of them can catch. This year the old women outplayed them and it wasn’t close. I’d say out of the 10 or so boys who played only one was any good and that’s only because his mother put him in MMA training when he was very young.

I weep for our future. 

That's Dr. Pansy to you! Let's be honest, the guy could have punted the balls into the hole and still won. They put the barrel of footballs on the wrong side (his left side) as way of giving the poor girl a chance I think. Why did they have a second set of barrels five yards behind them? I remember that contest as being much more exciting. There used to be a FG attempt involved.
I’d start at the farthest away barrel and throw like an actual QB. I’d be a national hero to all men watching. 

Each thanksgiving we have a family tackle football game and they used to be a lot of fun. I say used to because the younger generation of boys all suck. None of them can throw. None of them can catch. This year the old women outplayed them and it wasn’t close. I’d say out of the 10 or so boys who played only one was any good and that’s only because his mother put him in MMA training when he was very young.

I weep for our future. 
Why didn't the dads teach their boys the basic necessities of boyhood?

Next thing you know you're gonna tell us they can't light a fire or pee outside.

the second I saw this thread, I knew exactly what it would be about.

Yeah, its absolutely embarrassing to see a man throwing the ball like that.  I was always really lousy at throwing a football (not a lack of arm strength, as I was an outfielder in baseball) because I just threw a really crappy spiral. But there's still no way I'd sink to the level of shotputting a football like that. I'd rather lose.

Didn't realize there was a dedicated thread...

I think the guy on the left got robbed and got that last "pass" off before the whistle.  No replay?

Didn't realize there was a dedicated thread...

I think the guy on the left got robbed and got that last "pass" off before the whistle.  No replay?
Oh the “guy” that wanted to use the money to be an actor?   Future Stiffler stand in. 

You can get twice as many throws off, or more, by shotputting instead of winding up. And it's $100k on the line. Get that money son and let these old men yell at the clouds. 
Absolutely. Efficiency and winning in what is a glorified carny game trumps anything else.

#beatthehouse

#shotputsunite

But as to STEADYMOBBIN22's point upthread, though. These kids have had helicopter parents holding their hand since they two. There's no way they know how to throw a football. The indeed don't live with the joie de vivre that we did. At all. 

They also aren't suffering from CTE at forty-five like I probably have been and was, though, so there's that. 

I played hockey, football, baseball, soccer, you name it. 

My head is not what anybody would call sacrosanct nor really sane, though I'm pretty docile and not suicidal in the least. Probably all the head shots wore on me, though. Most of the generation before mine just grinned, bore it, and died at like sixty-five or seventy. Things are different now. 

You can get twice as many throws off, or more, by shotputting instead of winding up. And it's $100k on the line. Get that money son and let these old men yell at the clouds. 
Imagine having such an ego as a poor college student that you’d willingly lower your chances of winning $100k so that you feel more manly.

Heck, forget poor college student, I’d easily do that right now if I only had to beat one person to win $100k. In fact, if I thought it would help me, I’d go out there and do it in and dress. I don’t care enough about what other people think to risk $100k. Grab me that blue A-line, I’ll look fabulous.

FBGs when Mahomes throws a shovel pass for a TD: “WhaT a sIsSsY”

I don't mind the shotputting. At all.

But what I did find a little annoying, and I know this is completely senseless......

A goober already going to Duke? Really?  Dreams of a career in finance to change the world by getting super rich?

You pit him against a girl from UK wanting to be a vet? 

All I got to say is that Dr. Pepper's marketing department whiffed on this one. They just paid a boatload of money to sponsor the world watching a private school try-hard demolish a sweet gal that was doing great. 

IMO, If you're going to make the competition about throwing a football, you need to make a rule that you have to throw it like a football. Otherwise just make some other oddly shaped ball and let them throw it however they want. 

I weep for our future. 

Weep for your future.  Maybe teach the kids a thing or two coach so you don't run to a message board to make fun of them.  

I play street football with my sons and their friends all the time.  The future is fine.  The kids are alright.  Sounds like parenting failure to me.

Weep for your future.  Maybe teach the kids a thing or two coach so you don't run to a message board to make fun of them.  

I play street football with my sons and their friends all the time.  The future is fine.  The kids are alright.  Sounds like parenting failure to me.

I never made fun of them. I made an observation. I encouraged and taught a few of them how to throw and catch. Most of these kids are from single parent homes.

Stop virtue signaling. 

Stop making ridiculous sweeping generalizations of all kids based on your limited experience.
Only out of respect for Mr. Bryant will I  curtail my actions and language. A scenario in which you stop me from doing anything that I want does not exist.

Just because you’re a soft person doesn’t mean I have to be. 

If you would like to discuss this further by all means you can send me a PM. 

Nah…got to be manly and go into debt for college.  
Under the current rules it is the 100% right thing to do. 

With that said, it’s kinda dumb that they have a football throwing event at a football game in which you don’t throw the ball in the manner In which it is intended. 

Only out of respect for Mr. Bryant will I  curtail my actions and language. A scenario in which you stop me from doing anything that I want does not exist.

Just because you’re a soft person doesn’t mean I have to be. 

If you would like to discuss this further by all means you can send me a PM. 

Oh, you're sooooooo tough!  Get a grip, dude.  You made an asinine generalization and now you're whining about somebody calling you on it?  And it's got you so twisted that you're afraid of getting in trouble with the mods?  Good lord.....grow some harder bark.

This iFight needs to be settled over a game of Pop-a-Shot, with one competitor forced to go through the whole free throw routine before each shot, and the other free to just wing them up there any way they please.

Oh, you're sooooooo tough!  Get a grip, dude.  You made an asinine generalization and now you're whining about somebody calling you on it?  And it's got you so twisted that you're afraid of getting in trouble with the mods?  Good lord.....grow some harder bark.
Nobody is whining except for your ##### ###. I’m not afraid of the mods Joe and I have had conversations and I’m not going to cross those lines out of respect for him.

Again, if you want to Ifight or IRL fight we can, let’s just take it to the PMs. 

Ive asked you to take it to PMs several times but you refuse and rather clog up the thread by running your mouth. 

I suggest you put me on ignore. You won’t like the things I say. 

I will not respond to you again on this forum. Merry Christmas. 

take it to PMs?  Why?  For what?  What's there to discuss?  Get a grip man, you're taking things way way way too seriously.  

Challenging a guy you don't know to a physical fight because of something said on a message board.  Good grief.

take it to PMs?  Why?  For what?  What's there to discuss?  Get a grip man, you're taking things way way way too seriously.  

Challenging a guy you don't know to a physical fight because of something said on a message board.  Good grief.
:lmao:  That’s not what I did. But I can understand how you would feel threatened. Try reading as of it was said in a calm tone.

A physical fight is always the last option. I was joking with you. Somebody else suggested we were having a ifight. I said to take it to the PMs for whatever you want. You are just so soft you feel threatened. 

That’s why I do t want to talk to you. When I type you think I’m all upset or triggered or whatever weird tone you read stuff in you’re head.

Im just A lot meaner than you and most people you deal with. You can’t deal. 

No one will remember how they won, or who won. Did they script this: winner is William Austin from Univ of Texas-Austin.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Under the current rules it is the 100% right thing to do. 

With that said, it’s kinda dumb that they have a football throwing event at a football game in which you don’t throw the ball in the manner In which it is intended. 

This so much.  Need to increase the distance or rules to make it a football throw.  On one of these,  the announcer called it out. 

This so much.  Need to increase the distance or rules to make it a football throw.  On one of these,  the announcer called it out. 
Just have them start at that 3rd farthest barrel of balls that nobody ever gets to. 

Users who are viewing this thread