What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Think our cats might kill each other (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Well, my wife's cats really. she had them before we met.

One went to the vet yesterday for surgery and was there all day. Since she returned, the other cat is freaked out by her smell (or medication, or anasthesia or something) and has been continually growling and threatening.

Very odd (and annoying). How do we get these cats to chill?

Don't feed them for a week, put them in a bathroom or closet together and throw a dead bird in there. You'll have just one cat left, one more to go.

Be careful. Take it seriously. This happened to my cats after 5 years together. Neither had been to the vet or even left the house, but something happened and suddenly one hated the other. She hissed, howled and chased her. The one who was being chased became frightened, lost weight and hid all the time. We tried EVERYTHING, for a year and a half. We were never able to get them back together and ultimately had to find a new home for one of them.

The one who went out to the vet probably smells like a stranger. Try separating them for a day or two, then switch the rooms they're in so they can get used to the smells. You can rub them with a towel to get the scent on it and then use the same towel on the other cat.

Hopefully they get over this soon.

They say house cats would actually kill us if they had the chance because of their wild past. Ever see how they look at you?

It's not unusual. When one comes back from the vet he has all sorts of new smells on him that are freaking the other one out. Should be ok in a day or two.

We had a cat when I was in high school named Emily. Nice black and white cat, followed me everywhere, slept at the foot of my bed. For ####### 3 or 4 years, so you'd think we bonded. I petted that thing all the time, played with it, fed it, changed the stupid crap box, everything. One day my mom brings home a kitten. Emily decides she immediately hates it. We tried keeping them separated at first, whatever the hell the experts said, nothing worked. The kitten was cute so we gave it attention and played with it. One day Emily sees the kitten in my lap and hated me for the rest of her life. Like flicking a switch, never wanted anything to do with me, ever. Cats are dumb.

Put the sick cat in a bedroom and leave it there for a week. Let it heal, let the healthy cat smell the door. When the cat is back to full health, reintroduce them.

My cats do this. They usually settle down after a few hours though. I've never had it go into the next day.

We had a cat when I was in high school named Emily. Nice black and white cat, followed me everywhere, slept at the foot of my bed. For ####### 3 or 4 years, so you'd think we bonded. I petted that thing all the time, played with it, fed it, changed the stupid crap box, everything. One day my mom brings home a kitten. Emily decides she immediately hates it. We tried keeping them separated at first, whatever the hell the experts said, nothing worked. The kitten was cute so we gave it attention and played with it. One day Emily sees the kitten in my lap and hated me for the rest of her life. Like flicking a switch, never wanted anything to do with me, ever. Cats are dumb.
Hell hath no fury like a jilted kitty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread