What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This Draft Sucked For 1QB Fantasy Football - 2023? Fahrt Noise - NEW! Rank the Top Twelve Post-Draft In Here! Getcha Feels On And Your Cries Out! (2 Viewers)

rockaction

Footballguy
I'm sure this will bring out the usuals, but there's no denying this draft is hard in the first round for 1QB. Who are you going to take, Lt. Caffey? Charbonnnet? A week ago the Bengals taking Akanibanda in the third meant he was a first round pick.

Bupkis. That's what we're left with.

This draft sucked.

Especially as I've built my primary dynasty team around Lamar and WRs. Only legit RB is JK Dobbins, and had pretty much planned on taking an RB at every pick this year, picking at 6. Charbs, Kendre Miller, Chase Brown, something like that. Might still go that route but the bloom is certainly off the Charbs rose for me. Might pivot to Richardson just in case and then do the RB/RB/RB thing from there.

Here's where you check in to curse the hype machine. No receipts.

FBG was on top of this saying do not acquire second round picks for anything but value. Saw this one coming.

But here we are. No use crying. Trade out of any 1st rounders lower than 1.3 if you can to get some additional wild swings in 2023 or set yourself up better for next year.

I’d pit the top two of this class vs any but after that it goes down hill in a hurry.

Was saying this somewhere else but in my one QB, TE Premium leagues the player I have ranked 4th would have been in 10-12 range last year. My 5th ranked player would be a second round player last year.

After every draft I put together a list of how many players I view as worth a first round Dynasty pick in this format, one QB/TE premium. Been doing this for over 10 years and lowest I ever had was 7. Had 11 last season. This year that number is 4.

But here we are. No use crying. Trade out of any 1st rounders lower than 1.3
Spent the last month doing exactly that.

Makes me feel psychic.
You were one of the biggest hype mongers on this board for 2023!
Life comes at you fast. :lol:

Landing spots were always going to impact value. Who knew this draft would be a complete **** show for offensive skill positions?

Also, I was always open to the idea of dealing picks for premium players and would never have drafted 7 rookies in the 1st 12 picks. Too risky & too much bust potential.

In a two-year rebuild, I felt the picks would hold their value better.

But yes, in the last three or four weeks, I put an emphasis on moving everything but 1 & 2.

What’s ironic is that I was also one of the biggest detractors of Anthony Richardson on the board, but in the last month due to landing spot, Matt Waldman‘s, RSP, and numerous other factors, I am gearing up to take him at 1.02 in my superflex as the first quarterback off the board.

Something I never thought would happen.

I am absolutely big enough to admit that I’ve done a 360 on almost this entire draft. I still love many of the players in it, but with landing spots like Seattle for Zach, Charbonnet, and the running backs & wide receivers not getting the draft capital I would’ve liked to have seen, I’m definitely glad I made the moves I made in getting Justin Fields, Bateman, and AJ Brown.

I still believe trading for pocks is the best move for a rebuild - they don’t age, they don’t get hurt, they don’t get arrested, and they don’t really lose value, unless you wait too long to deal them.

Last edited:
Picks are liquid and will always hold more value until you can put an actual player's name next to them. Then they instantly lose value.

Dealing for picks when nobody wants those picks is solid strategy. Dumping them when it becomes apparent the tea leaves are shifting and everybody wants them is an A+ move.

That said, there are tons of people that moved off of 2022 picks that are owed receipts and an explanation by the devy guys paid to do this. But that's industry-specific and doesn't apply to anybody here.

And this ain't about that. This is just lament and reconfiguration.

I almost went whole hog and sold my 1.12, 2.07, and 2.12 three weeks ago. Wish I'd done that instead of thinking the RBs would move. Somebody from this class has to be good, don't they?

That said, there are tons of people that moved off of 2022 picks that are owed receipts and an explanation by the devy guys paid to do this. But that's industry-specific and doesn't apply to anybody here.
Yeah, I sold players for picks. I’d sold off my 2022 draft trying to “go for it” in 2021.

Probably why I needed to rebuild. lol

I kinda like this Mims fella late 1st.

Other than that I'll just sit back tonight and watch the Rangers lose their 4th straight to the hated Devils while sipping rum and pondering Seattle's need to screw with us over at WR and RB.

How bad this draft has been can be summed up by the fact that Charbonnet is still one of the best options if you need an RB. Entering a dirty looking time share with a proven back, for a team that now has 3 legit mouths to feed at WR, he's still preferable to basically everyone else outside the 1st round apart from maybe Kendre Miller.

Other than that I'll just sit back tonight and watch the Rangers lose their 4th straight to the hated Devils

Sorry about the Rangers. Up 2-0 and I thought they were going to run away with it. Then Dougie Hamilton scored in OT and the series just...shifted.

Oh well, my family are Bruins fans (I still refuse and am a Whalers fan forever -- not Carolina, either, though!) Imagine how they feel.

I'm sitting on 1.05 in start-1 qb and I love AR. Pretty sure I won't be drafting him, but I'll think about it..
It would be very tempting

But buck up little campers! Things can and likely will change between now and draft day (unless your league drafts insanely starts on Monday, like one of my leagues does) - Mixon could be released. Players get hurt. Things change.

It may well be that there’s a more clearly defined top 12 by the time rookie draft SZN is upon us.
💡

That’s my glass half full rah rah speech. How’d I do?
:banned:

I'm sitting on 1.05 in start-1 qb and I love AR. Pretty sure I won't be drafting him, but I'll think about it..

But buck up little campers! Things can and likely will change between now and draft day (unless your league drafts insanely starts on Monday, like one of my leagues does) - Mixon could be released. Players get hurt. Things change.

It may well be that there’s a more clearly defined top 12 by the time rookie draft SZN is upon us.
💡

My draft starts tomorrow morning.

Good lord. It's like the sky is falling. LOL. It will be okay. I think this could be pretty interesting to see how this all plays out. I do have a league with a rookie draft starting on Monday morning. It could even be fun to see managers taking big swings.

Gonna go the other way a bit. I think there are a lot of roster glue guys in this draft. That’s a bit of a bummer sure, but that’s still plenty valuable. I’ve felt this way for a few months but outside of the top 2 there’s a couple big, flat tiers that are below what would normally be another 3 or 4 highly regarded prospects.

It’s a great draft at the very top. And it’s a good draft for someone with multiple picks from the mid 1st to mid 2nd. It’s just that the guys people normally line up for from like 1.03-1.07 are missing.

Also, I think this is an awesome draft for startups. Lots of anti-hype depressing value. Think a lot of these glue guys could really be solid contributors for years and will be easy to snag.

💡

My draft starts tomorrow morning.

1 qb? Could you share how it goes for you?

I just jotted down one of those combined rankings from this year and last year and based last years rankings on what I thought of them at this time last year, not what I think of them now and I only had 4 players from this draft making that top 15.

I just put on Daft Punk Alive 2007 and now I feel like dancing!

I also ate 60mg THC-infused ice cream which really isn't doing much but I'm waiting for it to settle. I don't usually do stuff like that, but I figured I'd console myself with special ice cream.

Television. Rules. The. Nation. Around The World.

I wish I could write like James Joyce and use musical notation for the melody line. Actually, who am I fooling? Everybody wants to write like Joyce.

Holy hell, I guess I might be a bit relaxed from the ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread