What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Those without a dog in the fight (1 Viewer)

carverlee

Footballguy
Affiliation - Cowboys

It seems I never know who I am pulling for until I find myself screaming at the TV. I'm in no way a Cards fan but inexplicably I caught myself pulling for them every step of the way during their run in '08. I got caught up in the New Orleans/Katrina hype in '09.

I was rooting really hard Detroit, don't know why, but now I don't know who I'm going to live vicariously though this season until inspiration strikes.

Who are you rooting for?

I never thought I'd say it, but assuMing the broncos can't win, I'd love to see new England or the giants or saints. Anyone but the packets or ravens. I'm meh on the texans despite being from Houston and have no feeling for the niners.

Of the teams that actually COULD win it, I'd like to see Brady rewarded for all the work he did helping me win the title in my 24 team dynasty league.

Team: Vikings

Cheering for: 49ers

Reason: to shut up all of the run up the score/chase records offenses this year with tough defense and great coaching.

AFC: Baltimore - Reason: I want Flacco to silence all the Statisticians that hate him.

NFC: Giants - Reason: biggest underdog in the NFC

Last edited by a moderator:
Team: Bills/Panthers (yea, I'm a miserable cuss on Sundays)

For some reason I can hate on every division rival in the AFC east (Pats, Jets, Fish) But I don't hate Panthers rival Saints.. I think Shonuff and Max Threshold have pushed me off the cart for the Packers. I could have liked to see them win, but find myself wanting Sho and Max to cry.. 9ers seem so lack luster, hard to get excited there. Ravens: See 9ers.. Patriots: When I blow out birthday candles, I wish family pet death on Tom Brady.. I have a hard time seeing Texans or Bronco's get past these next games, but I could find myself rooting for the underdog there.

Of the teams that can make it to the big game (In my mind) I think I favor the Giants or the Saints.. Of the underdogs, probably the Texans (wishfull thinking with Yates on a couple dynasty teams)

Team = Rams, so I have to root for another team virtually EVERY year in the playoffs.

I want it to be either New Orleans v New England in which case I'd root for the Saints; or Baltimore vs San Francisco in which case I'd root for the Ravens.

team: Vikes.

AFC: Texans. I love Foster, love the 3rd string QB story, the revamped D. Tebow is a close second here.

NFC: Honestly, I don't know now. Was Lions. CANNOT be Pack. Saints lucked their way in the NFC champ game v. the Vikes. So I guess it would be the 9ers.

SB - Pulling for the Texans.

Everyone in the AFC final 4 has something for Browns fans to hate:

Patriots: Belichick

Ravens: former Browns

Broncos: Lost all 3 AFC title games to them.

Texans: Houston (Oilers) knocked us out of the playoffs in 1988 with a bunch of bad calls, which led to Schottenheimer getting fired, which sent the franchise into a tailspin.

On the NFC side:

Giants: New York is enemy #1.

Then we come down to the Packers. It was great to see them beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl, and its great to see Clay Matthews' kid doing so well. I could root for them. Then there's the Saints. How can you not root for them, either? The 49ers are a great story, also blasted the Steelers in a prime time matchup, and getting to 6-0 in the Super Bowl would start to steal thunder away from the Steelers accomplishments.

Either Packers, Saints or 49ers would be acceptable.

Team-Eagles

Would love to see the Texans

I don't care who in the nfc as long as its not the Giants .No team from the NFC east should be even in the playoffs.

But Steelers loosing today to Tebow was AWESOME ...

Team: Raiders

AFC: Anyone who is not the Denver Broncos. Obviously. Texans would be nice.

NFC: The other dog, the Giants; though it would be cool to see the 9ers surprise the Packers in a conference championship

Team- Rams... (I know, I know, save the jokes.)

Rooting for the Saints. Hate the Pats, but am torn in terms of who I would hate to see win more between them and the Broncos. I don't hate Tebow at all, I just hate the unbearable story it has become with the medias fetish. If not for the obsession I would probably have the Bronco 2nd behind the Saints. In order of who I want the most to who I want the least-

1. Saints

2. Texans

3. 49ers

4. Packers

5. Giants

6. Ravens

7. Broncos

8. Patriots

Found myself rooting hard for the Broncos yesterday. Felt like they were getting the short end on some calls that were huge in the outcome of the game.

Team: Eagles

Cheering for Saints because of Brees. Had him on all my FF teams this year and hope he wins it all. In the AFC, Broncos and Texans. Just because.

Team: no affiliation

Hate: Giants, Colts

Rooting for The Broncos - just a great story

I have a dog in the fight (I'm a Texans fan), but on the NFC side I am cheering for the Giants.

I think they are a really good team that doesn't get enough respect. So, I hope they shut up the critics.

Team - Redskins (yeah, I know, I know....we get lots of practice at this)

Who to root for? NOT Giants. Although at least the Beagles aren't in it.

Not the Packers - they win too much.

Whoever wins the Niners/Saints game I guess. Drew Brees is pretty classy, I could root for him.

AFC - Not the Patriots. Never.

Not the Ravens. Their fans are snotty enough to Redskins fans already.

Texans vs. Broncos for the championship? Sounds like a plan...

Team-Eagles

Would love to see the Texans

I don't care who in the nfc as long as its not the Giants .No team from the NFC east should be even in the playoffs.

But Steelers loosing today to Tebow was AWESOME ...
What about the Dream Team !!!! Shouldn't they be there?!?!?!

Whah Whah Whah :cry:

Ya PuZ

My team-Redskins :bag:

Rooting for-Broncos or Saints

Not really a fan of the Broncos, or Tebow for that matter, but I'd love to see them win it all to see how the "experts" and talking heads try to explain how they won despite Tebow.

I don't expect that to happen, though, so I'm really pulling for the Saints. Brees' success, despite his lack of the "right size" is the kind of "underdog" story I like to root for.

I'm just hoping for some entertaining football. Tebow delivers in that department. I guess the Ravens would be my #2. They're not a team I usually follow closely but I'd like to see Ray Lewis go out on top. Much respect for his intensity and passion on the field.

Bears fan here. God help me.

AFC: My preference is: Denver, Houston, Patriots, Ravens

-The Pats are a lay up choice, and I have a feeling they make it back to the dance this year but they wouldn't be my choice.

-The Ravens are just too inconsistent and really don't have that normal personality that I love about them. Yawn. I just don't have faith in them.

-The Texans would be nice to see in the dance, and to see Yates bring home the trophy would be great for the drama and the arguing in the Shark Pool.

-That leaves me with the Broncos. I have wondered for a while now why people HATE this guy Tebow so much? What is there to hate? The guy does everything the right way, and I cannot pick out one thing about him that is NOT likeable. Works hard? yep. Classy? For sure. Exciting to watch? Uhhh, no doubt. Role model worthy? I think he is. Does he make everyone on his team better and inspire them? It's apparent. And he IS dual threat. His release might be nasty to watch but he gets the job done, and I think he has it in him to fix anything that needs fixing over a full offseason. How people are talking about him as not being the answer in Denver are just on some serious drugs.

NFC: 49ers, Saints, Packers, Giants

-The Giants are just a whiny, drama seeking, attention whore bunch of try hards. Yuck. I can't stand Eli's face when he throws a pick or doesn't make a play. Whiny dork.

-As a Bear fan, I can't believe I don't have the Packers as my last team of preference coming out of the NFC. It's just, and it's hard to admit this, I can't hate them as much anymore. Rodgers is outstanding and fun as hell to watch. Now that Favre is gone, I have a hard time hating them as much. God that hurts to say. That being said, I hope they lose at some point before the Super Bowl in an embarrassing fashion. I'd even take them losing to the scrub Giants just so I could mock my Packer fan friends.

-The Saints are just a blast to watch play, but something tells me their defense is gonna be their downfall. Brees is the consummate pro, and you just gotta love the guy.

-The Niners are my team I'd like to see. I just love Harbaugh, and everything he brings to the table as a coach. I hope he doesn't jump the shark and turn all Rex Ryan on us, but I don't think he will. Everything about the way he handled the Schwartz handshake thing makes me love Harbaugh. He's gonna be a good coach for a long time me thinks.

If the Packers don't go to the SB I'd hope it would be the Saints instead, as much as the Packers and Saints fans have been butting heads on these boards I still like Brees and think it sounds right for him to have more than one shot at a ring.

On the AFC side I'm sort of on the underdogs, I've got Tebow fever and it's nice to see the Texans get their first playoff win as well. The only problem is they are both flawed teams and I think it would be something of a disappointment for either to wind up in the SB.

If I could pick any Superbowl matchup not involving the Packers I think I'd go Saints-Ravens, going with the Ravens there mainly because the Pats have plenty of rings already and I have a man-crush on Ray Lewis.

Anybody but the Patriots or Broncos. The media love fest for Tebow and Brady this week is going to be nauseating. I'd like to see the Packers win again, Aaron Rodgers has single handedly kept my main team relevant for the last two seasons.

Tebow, because he is inspiring when there isn't much inspiration going on anywhere else in the country.

my team- Cowboys

NFC: Saints- have family in New Orleans, and can't root for any other NFC contender cuz I hate them

AFC: Ravens- like Ray Lewis, live not far from Balmore, Matt Schaub is out otherwise would pull for Houston (Wahoowa)

Team: Bears

Rooting for: I was rooting for the Lions (Stafford & Megatron owner), but now I guess I will just have to root for the 49ers.

Rooting against: Packers, Saints and Patriots

Why wouldnt you guys want to see Tom Brady get another ring? Enjoy watching on of the GOATS boys... he'll be gone before long and you will wish he were here. :coffee:

Team: Lions

I am rooting for the Saints. Would like to see a Saints/Ravens Super Bowl.

Rooting against the Packers.

First and foremost, as a Raiders fan I must root with every ounce of my being for horrible bad things to happen to the Patriots. Cheating, tuck rule, spygate bastards!!!

After that, I won't be cheering for Tebow or the Broncos since I have a burning hatred for my AFC West ancestral foes as well.

I find myself rooting for the Texans in the AFC. I'm a big fan of Foster and like watching a 3rd string QB play in big games. I like the 49er's in the NFC. Tough, gritty defense and a very good coach. No muss, no fuss, just smashmouth football. I'm pulling for the Niners.

Team: Browns

Rooting for the Texans as I can't ever root for Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or New England.

Would like to see the Saints there again because I like Brees and Peyton. As a matter of fact, I believe on this site in one of the Browns threads I advocated for Sean Payton before the Browns hired Romeo Crennel.

Team: Niners

Rooting for the Broncos on the AFC side (enjoy the Tebow story). If SF doesn't make it I'll root for the Saints (Brees/Sproles story). Of course the Alex Smith/Harbaugh story trumps them all at the moment! :football:

Affiliation: Steelers

Rooting for: Texans, Saints

Neutral Feelings: Giants, 49ers

Rooting Against: Ravens, Broncos, Patriots, Packers

Any Super Bowl but a NE vs NO. They are both the exact same team running the same offense and just try to score 50 points each week by running up the score.

Maybe a Baltimore vs San Fran Super Bowl and then people can start talking about Defensive teams with good Running backs once again.

I am a bitter Eagles fan so also hope GB can put NYG to bed this weekend.

as a steelers fan, i'd give anything to see the Ravens and the Pats knocked out. after that, i suppose i don't like the Pack. give me the Texans versus the Saints in the big game. i like the Texans' moxie and the Saints are just fun to watch.

Team(s): 1. Cardinals 2. Lions

Rooting for:

New Orleans - I dig Drew Brees and like the way the Saints play

Denver - I am anti-God and anti-religion. But for some reason it brings be great joy when Tebow wins. I'm not sure if it is just that all the "experts" seem so flustered when trying to explain what is happening. Whatever it is, I enjoy seeing him win.

Baltimore - Huge Boldin fan. I would love to see him win one.

'roadkill1292 said:
'Big_Russel said:
Why wouldnt you guys want to see Tom Brady get another ring? Enjoy watching on of the GOATS boys... he'll be gone before long and you will wish he were here. :coffee:
I don't understand this kind of thinking. Why would I root for a team that wins all the time?
So you can tell your grand kids about it some day. I remember when the great Tom Brady blah blah blah...

Users who are viewing this thread