What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on where Devonta Smith and Waddle could land if one makes it passed the Lions? (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
Doesn't look like a lot of teams need a WR drafting 8-18. I suppose Miami if they take Sewell.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith won't make it to the Colts and I'm glad actually.  I do think one of Waddle or Bateman could however.  

Who do you like between Waddle and Smith?
Waddle.  People who don't really look at the players like they should will try and put the Ruggs label on him, but he's a lot more than speed.  To be honest, I worry about Smith's durability at the next level.  He will find NFL corners a lot more physical and I'm not convinced his lower body will hold up long term.  I hope I'm wrong.

Do you think Smith or Waddle will be drafted by the Lions? 
I think they will pass on WR. Just too many needs. My guess is they trade down a bit and allow a team to come up and grab a QB. The range for the top defenders in this class really falls into the teens, so I think they'll drop back a bit and take either an edge or LB.

I will be disappointed if the Lions stay put and draft any receiver not named Chase (who will be gone before their pick most likely). Same old Lions if that happens....

I will be disappointed if the Lions stay put and draft any receiver not named Chase (who will be gone before their pick most likely). Same old Lions if that happens....
It's already same old Lions.  Let me know when the Fords don't own it anymore 😭😭😭

It's already same old Lions.  Let me know when the Fords don't own it anymore 😭😭😭
I actually like the moves they have made ((and not made...(Golladay)) so far. This will be a big draft for the new group. Certainly not overly optimistic but no choice but to give them a chance. But if they choose Smith or Waddle at their current draft position I will already be looking forward to the “next” group of leadership.

I actually like the moves they have made ((and not made...(Golladay)) so far. This will be a big draft for the new group. Certainly not overly optimistic but no choice but to give them a chance. But if they choose Smith or Waddle at their current draft position I will already be looking forward to the “next” group of leadership.
I think someone will fall to #7 and the lions will be getting a phone call to trade back.

Hope springs eternal 😛

I think that with the giant's getting Golladay and the Patriots overpaying for WRs it is hard to say.  Let's make the assumption that Miami takes Pitts (and the Bengals took Sewell) then it really gets interesting. Maybe a team like Green Bay tries to move up to the mid teens, but WR is so loaded in this drafts' top three rounds that why move up? Bateman is still available in the 20s and that's not even talking about the second round guys that some people love in the first.

Miami could (could) conceivably take pitts at 6 and see Waddle or Smith still there at 18.  I don't see the same thing happening with Chase as some team will go against need and take BPA and after, say, pick 7 he screams value.

Just heard an ESPN pundit on the radio saying Miami will take Waddle or Smith at 1.06, due to Tua's history with them.  Based on chatter, FWIW.

SoBeDad said:
Just heard an ESPN pundit on the radio saying Miami will take Waddle or Smith at 1.06, due to Tua's history with them.  Based on chatter, FWIW.
I know I have concerns with Smith’s longevity because of his size, but he’s the best route runner I’ve seen in a long time and that includes Jeudy.  I also did some research on my concerns about his abilities to beat press coverage and they were mostly unfounded.  Anyone see what he did to Stingley when he press covered him?  I still think his size will be an issue and I still like Waddle more, but I’m trying not to have any biases or blinders on.

SoBeDad said:
Seems like terrible criteria for deciding how to use a top 10 pick. 

SoBeDad said:
Lol, this would be dumb, especially with the depth at wr in this draft. Seems like a guy who needed to have a take while filling radio time. 

Users who are viewing this thread