What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans IDPs (1 Viewer)

Looks like Long is already out. Can you give some kind of insight in who gets what snaps @ LB tomorrow?
Are you going to sit Brown? Because Murphy's law says he gets 10 tackles, two PDs an INT and a forced fumble if you do.

But if you start him he'll probably lay another egg. I'm hoping that Kamu is over his Covid as I don't want a part of the Titans mess for the next two weeks.

Should be plenty of tackle opportunities for whoever gets the majority of snaps with Jimmy unlikely to look outside the numbers much.

Wondering the same thing.  If you had to start one LB, between Brown and Evans, who would it be?  The Brown goose egg from last week scares me, but if I bench him, he's bound to score 20 pts.  Meanwhile, Evans seems like the guy with a higher floor, but probably lower ceiling.  

I don’t think you can start Brown, low snap count last week.  I’d start either Zach or Evans if you don’t have better options elsewhere

Look to Hewitt in Houston for an emergency start 
Hewitt's in the same boat as Spillane, Griffith, and Bailey.  All could be good plays this week if the starters they're replacing don't play, but you may not know that until right before game time.

EJ Speed fell off that boat today.

Enderdog said:
Hewitt's in the same boat as Spillane, Griffith, and Bailey.  All could be good plays this week if the starters they're replacing don't play, but you may not know that until right before game time.

EJ Speed fell off that boat today.
This is about where I'm at 

Griffith and Spillaine.  I'm actually looking to fill a Defensive Flex spot--Linebackers just typically do the best.  If Brandon Jones clears Covid protocols and plays I'll probably play him.

Evans and Cunningham have been fantastic (visually, if not statistically for IDP guys). This is what I was saying about how I expect Evans to do well elsewhere as a free agent. I don't know what happened to go from being a stellar late season rookie and now but...he might even get a nice sized contract too.

Brown doesn't even look like much with them two raising their games.

The Titans set an NFL record for (something with) injuries and # of players on roster and are getting healthy at the perfect time. 

They have little stretches where the D has been questionable the last couple weeks but otherwise very sharp and impressive. Zach is certainly turning into the move Titans fans wanted.

Teams are going to trend toward passing more as long as the ILBs are beasting. Their corners need to step up but even both safeties are playing well in unison now.

Jayon Brown and Rashaan Evans have their new (repeat) coaches raving about them. 

Athletic talented players that could possibly do well with a fresh start

Elijah Molden struggled like a lot of rookies but showed CB and S skills and extremely high game intelligence. His fake and pass rush in preseason caught everyone's eye. He has this savvy to him- not falling for a WR fake but pushing him, waiting for hands to come up and slapping them. 

I'm leery Farley will bust and is made of glass. Titans didn't need a CB and drafted one who h is fine as an overall philosophy but I'm worried it's Farley insurance.

Peevy playing DT in rookie camp then each spot on the line in OTAs is progress. Hard to tell anything about DL in shorts but so far he's exactly what I expect. 

Naquan Jones being above Tart is frustrating. The Titans usually only keep one NT who plays a minimal amount of snaps. They rarely have camp competition throughout but always do at NT. Some more athletic DL will beat out the beast of a man type and then the season comes and the more athletic guy gets pushed around. I hope this trend ends and Tart establishes his spot again when pads come on. Naquan is a fine backup DL and if he can push starters, great then just leave a big beast at NT please.

Kevin Byard had a meh 2020 and started 2021 with some real bad games. After that, maybe four games in, he was phenomenal the rest of the way. His receptions allowed yards allowed for the final 10-12 games are insane. Is he a top S this year? 

Dupree was pretty good n all but that was his come back from injury year. Is he better now healthy? Landry got his money after everything in his development finally clicked. Will he be better?

Is Zach the stud that played for the Titans or the guy the Texans let walk?

The Titans defense has potential to be special but the offense seems ultra reliant on Henry with rookies as big play options. Will the D get off the field? Can the King give them rest?

Awesome writeup by John Norton.

I think he's a little too cold on Fulton.

I think Jayden Peevy makes the team and/or PS and gets time eventually due to injuries. 

I think Molden or a safety will get more time on the field in nickel.

He mentioned the coverage issues and I think Cunningham is very good at knowing when to muscle or be an athlete against some TEs. I see he is not used much other weeks and haven't yet figured out what ability the TE has that makes them say "no no not Cunningham on this one."

If Dupree can step up injury year +1 that would be huge for this D

Peavy seems to have become comfortable. I was concerned it's been oddly quiet. He's made plays for a few days in a row now.

DL Coach making a statement that Teair Tart issues are consistency and then jumping to discussing Naquan and backups....that's a good sign.

Titans backup DL have been one dimensional and played one position (more often than not) since Lebeau 4? years ago.

Naquan can play each spot as can two of the UDFAs this year. Tart played some DT and not just NT last year.

I expect Murchison and some other depth guys don't make it simply because the coach wants to be able to move subs around and have a little freedom

What does everyone think of Rashad Weaver after week 1? Didn't start but once Adeniyi left with Injury Weaver shined. Has he played himself into the Landry role now?

What does everyone think of Rashad Weaver after week 1? Didn't start but once Adeniyi left with Injury Weaver shined. Has he played himself into the Landry role now?
I was coming in here to ask the same thing. When I saw this was bumped I was hoping @Bri had hopped on to give his thoughts.

I didn't see any of the game so I don't know what he looked like. He did log 48% of snaps and is considered a DE in MFL. I am definitely watching and if anybody has any insight I am listening.

I was coming in here to ask the same thing. When I saw this was bumped I was hoping @Bri had hopped on to give his thoughts.

I didn't see any of the game so I don't know what he looked like. He did log 48% of snaps and is considered a DE in MFL. I am definitely watching and if anybody has any insight I am listening.
He's Landry's replacement. He hasn't played much in the NFL but is a terrific young pass rusher. He's terrible against the run though.

The Titans shifted towards his side to help and two things happened- it was too much of a shift and their DL was trying to hard to get after the QB/in the backfield. The linebackers were all right where the Giants wanted them and the linemen we're able to effortlessly get to the second level. On Saquan's long run, look at the highlight, everyone is shifted so far that all he's gotta do is get past the line and he's gone. Saquan looked great, but that play was awful by the DC- just awful.

Long had a real bad week too. Some articles have pointed to his size and how teams are learning to deal with smaller faster LBs and used Long as one example.

Weaver needs to only play third down but I doubt that happens. David Anenih is similar- very talented pass rusher who can't stop the run. They added a Steelers backup on cutdown day but reports of him aren't favorable.

After frustration, they went to playing an extra safety. Ugo Amadi is a guy they traded for he's tiny but thick...kind of odd look for a safety. More often than not this was just a don't give up the big play move and not playing defense.

A lot of fans were grumpy Dylan Cole is a red zone ILB but he was fine- not good, but fine. Same prob, linemen got to the LBs. Cole can't cover the pass but is a solid run stuffer type. Sometimes he shed the lineman, sometimes he didn't.

I saw two plays on twitter where Cunningham had a TE and lineman blocking him.

Their DL is outstanding but the defense wasn't playing together at all. It was dumb and it's easy to fix. The problem is going to go back to that they don't have an OLB that can stop the run to replace Landry.

Last year, Autry played a good amount of OLB and I expect he's at least part of the solution. He's not as good playing in space as he is on the DL but he's gonna battle you and win some.

Monty Rice is out til at least week four. The talented always injured backup LB has practiced at all four. He's only played at ILB.

They should have signed someone, anyone. For a very talented defense, that was an awful game and an awful sign

Cheers @Bri - I scooped Weaver for $2 of my $100 FAAB. He has DL eligibility in my MFL league, so that's where I can best use him. I'll see how he goes and if not then first off my bench for a replacement.

nobody guess Monty Rice? Is he a thing there now? I just saw the boxscore yesterday. Is he back in there this week? I dont follow the Titans at all.

Rice took too long to get on the field career wise, but he looks pretty good.
They're expected to release Zach so I would hold onto Rice in dynasty

Titans added several UDFAs that people seem to really like.
I think it's possible Steven Jones, Thomas Rush, and Shakel Brown make the team.

Brown was a last second faller in the draft. Idk why, absolutely nothing has come out.
He was a great interview on Sirius, high RAS score for a DL and should have gone anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

He's been a NT that beats 3 and even 4 OL in highlights (what is the rest of the D doing!) and he's just darn impressive to have fallen.

The Titans have always been good at adding UDFA NTs and I've long wished any of them could play another spot.

This is probably the guy. 6-4 300 pounds with athleticism.

Going from Troy to the NFL is a leap but I tend to not be that concerned when the small school guy has great technique.

There's been a couple depth DL departures and I expect Peevy and Brown to replace them

Byard not agreeing to a pay cut was brushed off as no big deal but he hasn't shown up to voluntary workouts. I was nervous he'd be traded during the draft, still a little bit too.

Elijah Molden looked excellent his first preseason, good his first few games and the decline has continued. With very little safety depth or moves to improve it, I'm expecting he switched to safety.

I expect Farley's family to recommend he retire if he gets at all dinged in camp. If you start reading about his injuries in college and read about his fusion late last year- I can't believe he's even playing. Retired due to injury translates to a ton of money the rest of his life. Cut didn't make it, does not.

Fulton was called out for being weak injury wise by Vrabel and he's posted plenty of videos of him working out even spent some time with Henry. He's responded well and I'm feeling good about him now.

Landry had more snaps than most, if not all, OLBs before he got injured. I think you IDP guys gotta expect he plays more of a normal amount of snaps post ACL.

Back to Byard. Hooker and Byard are one of the priciest safety duos in the league. If I'm a GM trying to not have so much money there, then Hooker is the guy I move. He's been injured so once he's participating in camp, that could be the trade that happens. Byard is absolutely adored and the number of times he's bailed out bad CB play...oof they can't lose him.

Monty Rice- time is now dude. Guess it doesn't matter that he hasn't had this success or that experience. He's gotta be a key cog.

Teair Tart not signing his RFA or ERFA deal is just weird. Yeah it stinks they "own you" but he's gotta be more accepting of the fact that it's the NFL and a truckload of money compared to real life. NTs only play so many snaps so...just sign it already.

McCreary was an absolute gem last summer then struggled. Bunting may be the starting outside corner but I'm nowhere near as sure as everyone else that McCreary is just a slot CB. He's easily the guy that no one would be surprised if he does very well in 2023- showed the ability, took his lumps... we'll see

The Titans were supposedly looking for a S/LB combo to play "dime backer" and nickel. They spent a lot of time with a lot of prospects to not draft one.
All their ILBs have me concerned about lesser coverage ability. I still expect a move to be made.
They did add a UDFA that could contribute but to spend that much time and do nothing is too odd.

Molden already also playing safety as I predicted.
Not much for videos so far but Shakel Brown is already being moved along the DL

Some have Tyreqe Jones as the third safety and that's pretty interesting to say so before camp but he caught their eye enough. He's 6-2 plays CB/S (like Molden) and was in college 5 or 6 years and ...I haven't seen him but....

Several people have Steven Jones making the team and pushing starters at CB. I've learned when the Titans have bad WRs, you can't judge a CB on much until they face some good ones so we'll see how he does with preseason and when the other teams come practice with them. There are a few videos of him and he does look like a dawg. He's supposedly aggressive and opportunistic and he looks like no one told him they're practicing in shorts BUT that's what I'd like a corner to do.

Brown mentioned.
Couple LBs edge players some projecting to make the roster.

I am NOT hearing positive about Jayden Peavy so not sure if that matters. Reports on linemen in shorts aren't really common unless it's like Brown showing impressive agility or speed.

I'm confident a UDFA will be on your IDP rosters this year and contributing. I just don't have a feel to make a prediction this year. If it's a deep league and you can painlessly throw a dart, I'd go with Tyreqe

Byard refused a paycut in the spring and people wondered if he'd be traded. The fan base was not happy at all with the new GM about that.
Yesterday, Byard took a pay cut and restructured his contract to be one more year with two void years.
Next year's contract has a 4 mil roster bonus which usually means a guy in this situation won't get it.
Good dude. Lots of good community stuff. Regular pro bowls maybe an all pro. Not sure what Ran's problem is.
I can envision taking over the Titans and being like 'woah they spent a ton on safeties' and wanting to change that but Hooker is the overpaid one.

Not sure what's up but I have my doubts he'll be there next year

Shakel Brown being moved around still catching everyone's eye with big guy athleticism.

Titans too much depth/young possible roster makers at NT for a few years now. Story of the new OL coach expecting them to move around saying so in a meeting and inadvertent good idea- DC and DL been doing it since.

Jayden Peavy singled out for big improvement.
I was a fan of his in college as he always blew up but why did he always fade away for a few plays after. Why not at all consistent? Something along these lines, Titans D staff has been hammering home technique discipline with him.

Rare for DL to get noticed in shorts, still gotta wait for pads and contact.

In the videos I saw Landry looked eh. They were drills and he wasn't slow nor cat quick. I think people were just excited he was back and writing overly positive commentary. Vrabel said let's see how he is next week. Again, I expect the knee to swell (as it does post surgery) and him to get rest days with trainers so I won't be concerned if he misses some time in camp.

AJ Moore signed to be third safety articles but Vrabel quickly said he'll be a good gunner on special teams.

UDFAs CB Jones and S Jones are still secondish string.

Nothing on ILBs, probably need pads for them to get attention.

Simmons versus Jamarco Jones comments also show he's moving around as Jones is playing RT. I don't expect this much as he's so great as an interior guy but we'll see

Fulton had a bad day toasted by Hopkins but called out for being in good position, sometimes there's nothing he can do. Complimented on the shape he's in and early commitment in camp.

Both Jones with several plays today.
Tyreqe showing great closing speed on an INT.

Steven all over Burks for a few plays- means he was playing with first string.

Weaver made rookie T Duncan fall down with a move.

Key is over 14 sacks and the early story of camp.
Joneses are still a story so UDFAs hanging on.
"Doctor" Gibbens is looking to steal Rice's job.

SMB and Fulton doing very well.
Molden getting comfy as a safety and has many guessing they only keep three safeties despite playing three because he'll easily switch.
Simmons dominant. Not much from Tart or Shakil.
Peavy story of camp to some, doing very well, might even get in starters rotation.

A lot of "let's see how they do in games" talk as the D has destroyed the Titans OL every day.

Depth corners and safeties are likely not doing well with all the Levis and Willis success. Talk of them bringing in a DB or two

Almost nothing from Brown since pads came on.
Peavy still catching everyone's eyes.
Tart who looked like a hold out at one point hasn't gotten much attention either.
Jones-es have been quiet and victims of Levis and Willis good days. Which is ok if they come back n do something this week or preseason week 1.
Lot of love for Gibby over Rice as the week wore on.
UDFA and practice squad LBs seem to make a look at me play or practice one day then disappear the next

Forgot to mention Otis Reese IV the other day Vrabel said he's excited to see him in a game and see what translates. He's a LB doing very well but also way down the depth chart.

Jones-es made plays today so that was the comeback needed. Many reporters have them both on their 53 projections.

Naquan Jones had arthroscopic knee surgery and was at practice stretching but didn't participate. Hasn't been at practice two weeks plus.
I figured he wouldn't make it. Now I'm thinking PUP.

Roster thoughts-
I expect the Titans to keep few DL and ILBs and many OLBs and CBs day one of cuts then even things out on day two.
It's just how things are done nowadays. They need more DL.
S Byard Hooker Jones Brown
CB SMB Fulton McCreary(had a good off-season) Jones Kendall Garrar Marsh
Doc, Azeez, Campbell maybe Nieman maybe Reese IV (huge hitter Vrabel.loves that does have issues)
(Rice cut)
Key, Landry, Weaver, Murphy, Rush and Okyayinonu
Simmons, Autry, Tart, Peevy (great camp), maybe Peko McClendon PS

There's a ton of "we want to develop you" guys as they rocked with UDFA signings, but they need players now.
Radio hosts say if a good ILB is available both Dr Gibby and Campbell are definite backups since they both could have more speed.

Molden started strong, dinged up, didn't return strong, pretty questionable. He can get out of the doghouse but he's in there and has a few weeks to do so.

I have long said I expect Farley to retire because how the heck does he play with fused vertebrae and all he's been through. Add this recent tragedy and well I don't know how it's proper to handle it but he hasn't practiced all year so...at some point it'll be good luck God Bless. Again retire injured is worth way more than retired cut.

Rashaan Evans still unsigned is the weirdest thing to me after his stats last year. ILB quietly like the RB market. He probably wouldn't have come back and Vrabel probably wouldn't have wanted him. (Felt like he'd be great and couldn't make him great frustration from coach) At this point, I don't think anyone can be picky anymore.

Both Jones' are ball hawks, hitters, and playground fun players. Tyreqe I think is 6-2. Not only can he leap with the big WRs while most DBs can't, he can hit em while doing it too. They both need to polish their game. For one pass, I'd probably bet on one of them to stop anyone. For a game, different story, not there yet and they'll get burned eventually.

@Bri do titans LB's typically not get a huge amount of tackles in comparison to other teams that funnel traffic to the linebackers? How generous is the Titans home stat crew in doling out tackles and assists ?
I don't know tackle comparisons versus other teams.
It's either throw a few linemen at Simmons or run away from him, much like Donald and Jones.
Quality wise- the Titans only have one starting ILB according to many so they're expected to pickup an ILB around waivers or late trade. Reiterate Dr Gibby and Campbell should be backups.

They have pass rushers galore this year at OLB but coverage ability is pretty suspect for some of them.

Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown get rumored to return by fans but no one is buying that at all. That said. It's what they need, very much so, and would fill the voids perfectly.

Reality is probably more nickel, three safety look they like etc.

Users who are viewing this thread