What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TO for the next 4 weeks (1 Viewer)

Burgendy

Footballguy
With Romo out, what happens to TO's projections over the next 3 weeks (week 10 bye being the 4th). I would think a downgrade is in order, but what do we know about Johnson? I know nothing about him except he's old and has been serviceable in the past. Is he the type of QB that would lock onto the team's best WR? Will the Cowboys just hand the ball off all day? Thoughts?

I may be expressing the contrarian opinion here, but I think that TO will have very similar results with Johnson as he had with Romo thus far this season. WIth Felix Jones being out for the next two weeks, I think that they will not run more than they have been so they don't wear Barber down before the bye week.

I actually have a feeling that Brad Johnson is going to make a concerted effort to get TO the ball short and let him run with it. Johnson has never been a deep passer, but I have a feeling that Garrett will play into his strengths which is short, accurate throws and that TO will be fine over the next few weeks. Also think that Romo will be back for the Giants game, just a hunch.

What I can't understand is the people that say that Romo is a choker and can't win a big game and all that. The same people are saying Dallas won't make the playoffs and are in big trouble because he went down. So I would say Romo wins big games cause it aint easy to make the playoffs. So what is it Romo makes this team a big time contender or he is not that good. I agree Dallas is in trouble but the people that say Romo is a choker are jokes.

What I can't understand is the people that say that Romo is a choker and can't win a big game and all that. The same people are saying Dallas won't make the playoffs and are in big trouble because he went down. So I would say Romo wins big games cause it aint easy to make the playoffs. So what is it Romo makes this team a big time contender or he is not that good. I agree Dallas is in trouble but the people that say Romo is a choker are jokes.
What don't you understand? People think Romo is good enough to get them to the playoffs. Just not win a playoff game. People don't think whoever else steps in is good enough to get them to the playoffs. Seems rather simple to me.

with less time than Romo to progress through his reads (because he isn't as mobile as Romo), I think Johnson will throw more balls at TO than Romo did, and Garett will be running more "catch and runs" than deep balls.

I expect more receptions, for less YPC, with similar TD's. Almost no change in Fantasy points.

What don't you understand? People think Romo is good enough to get them to the playoffs. Just not win a playoff game. People don't think whoever else steps in is good enough to get them to the playoffs. Seems rather simple to me.
Dude really that is just stupid. Romo is good enough to win a playoff game. Come on I am sure most teams in the NFL would love to have this guy and that is not just so he could get them to the playoffs. It is just a stupid thing to say. It is a team thing not a one person show.

Been saying it, Dallas is a ticking bomb. I think they're going down.I am going to really enjoy it. :lmao:
I am in your boat, as in I would really enjoy it... however I don't think they will go down as far as you think. They won't be the favorites in the East anymore though that's for sure. Playoff team still.
I actually have a feeling that Brad Johnson is going to make a concerted effort to get TO the ball short and let him run with it. Johnson has never been a deep passer, but I have a feeling that Garrett will play into his strengths which is short, accurate throws and that TO will be fine over the next few weeks. Also think that Romo will be back for the Giants game, just a hunch.
I agree with everything except the last sentence. I think Johnson leans on his best players offensively... and that's Witten and TO. I think TO's stock goes up actually. Romo has been spreading it out... teams have been playing Owens very well, but Romo has been spreading it out just as much. With Johnson I don't think he has the talent to spread the ball out as much and I think TO gets the ball a lot more. Can't be any worse that's for sure!
Dude really that is just stupid. Romo is good enough to win a playoff game. Come on I am sure most teams in the NFL would love to have this guy and that is not just so he could get them to the playoffs. It is just a stupid thing to say. It is a team thing not a one person show.
"Dude" He hasn't done ANYTHING to prove that wrong. 0-2 in the playoffs. Until he wins a playoff game, he won't be a "playoff QB".Shottenheimer couldn't win in the playoffs... he was good enough to post 14-2 but had an awful record in the playoffs. I don't care how good you are, some people just cannot win in a hyped up game like in the playoffs. They get jittery and just can't do it. You're right, it's a team thing, not a one person show... However, it all starts and ends with the QB on offense. If the QB isn't doing well, the RB and WR can't do well either. The team doesn't put up points. It's as simple as that. Romo hasn't proven he can be a good QB in the playoffs, therefore the team suffers. He has done nothing but shown he cares more about his celebrity status than he does football. He went on a vacation with Jessica Simpson before the playoff game.. the biggest game of his career to date and he's going to go on vacation. Tony, save the vacations for the day after the superbowl- if you ever get there. I know she's hot and I'm sure she's great in bed, but tell her to close em up for another 4 weeks. Tony Romo is NOT as good as people think he is. He's a glorified Trent Dilfer, except Romo actually can pass it deep. He's the product of the system, and the offense has been tailored to fit his strengths. Put him on the Bears, Vikings, Chiefs, Raiders and he's your average NFL QB. He can manage an offense, but he can't be that difference maker. It's as simple as that. Sure, a lot of NFL teams would like him because they have really crappy QBs and he can manage an offense... that's about all he can do- manage an offense fairly well. However, when it comes to the big game he hasn't proven that he can hack it. Maybe he soaks up too much of the celebrity status of being a playoff QB instead of focusing on that week's game.Honestly, at this point I'd say Kyle Orton has done more things for his team than Tony Romo has. With a team of nobodies Kyle Orton has done more than Romo has with a team full of pro-bowlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Romo is NOT as good as people think he is. He's a glorified Trent Dilfer, except Romo actually can pass it deep.
Stop it. I understand the Romo hate and all. But, let's not fall all over ourselves with absurdities like this.
Don't hate Romo at all. He's a Wisconsinite, his last name is the same as one of my nicknames, and he's the definition of an underdog story- no name QB undrafted to super stardome in the NFL. Awesome. I just think he isn't a super star QB like a Brady, Manning who is the main reason they win. Romo isn't and it's about time people realize it. He's not going to lead a team to a superbowl, the team will make it together with consistant QB game management.Honestly, I don't think the Cowboys look all that different with Brad Johnson as QB. And when they play the next 4 weeks we'll all see that

Tony Romo is NOT as good as people think he is. He's a glorified Trent Dilfer, except Romo actually can pass it deep.
Stop it. I understand the Romo hate and all. But, let's not fall all over ourselves with absurdities like this.
Don't hate Romo at all. He's a Wisconsinite, his last name is the same as one of my nicknames, and he's the definition of an underdog story- no name QB undrafted to super stardome in the NFL. Awesome. I just think he isn't a super star QB like a Brady, Manning who is the main reason they win. Romo isn't and it's about time people realize it. He's not going to lead a team to a superbowl, the team will make it together with consistant QB game management.Honestly, I don't think the Cowboys look all that different with Brad Johnson as QB. And when they play the next 4 weeks we'll all see that
Fine. Would you at least agree that there is enormous real estate between saying he isn't a Brady/Manning and saying that he's Trent Dilfer? One of your nicknames? You have not just one, but multiple nicknames?

Fine. Would you agree that there is enormous real estate between saying he isn't a Brady/Manning and saying that he's Trent Dilfer? One of your nicknames? You have not just one, but multiple nicknames?
Yeah, all stemming from the same one though. Romo, Ro, D-Ro... But yes, I see your point, and I'm not syaing he's Trent Dilfer... saying he's a glorified Trent Dilfer in that he's nothing special. I do agree though that he's obviously way better than Dilfer, and I used his name to just make my point, I guess I dug way too deep for an analogy. I guess a better comparison would be someone like Matt Hasselbeck, Kyle Orton (2008), Kurt Warner even (he's a stretch because he is making a better believer out of me). I don't have a high regard for those QBs, but I think they can manage an offense very well and if put in the right system they can succeed and post fantastic numbers. However, they aren't difference makers. Put them on other teams in the NFL without an offense catered to them and they fall on their face. Once Warner lost his system and system players in STL he was cut... wasn't anything special in NY. And AZ looks a LOT like STL did back in Warner's "glory days" if you can call them that. Romo falls in that category, in my opinion

Fine. Would you agree that there is enormous real estate between saying he isn't a Brady/Manning and saying that he's Trent Dilfer? One of your nicknames? You have not just one, but multiple nicknames?
Yeah, all stemming from the same one though. Romo, Ro, D-Ro... But yes, I see your point, and I'm not syaing he's Trent Dilfer... saying he's a glorified Trent Dilfer in that he's nothing special. I do agree though that he's obviously way better than Dilfer, and I used his name to just make my point, I guess I dug way too deep for an analogy. I guess a better comparison would be someone like Matt Hasselbeck, Kyle Orton (2008), Kurt Warner even (he's a stretch because he is making a better believer out of me). I don't have a high regard for those QBs, but I think they can manage an offense very well and if put in the right system they can succeed and post fantastic numbers. However, they aren't difference makers. Put them on other teams in the NFL without an offense catered to them and they fall on their face. Once Warner lost his system and system players in STL he was cut... wasn't anything special in NY. And AZ looks a LOT like STL did back in Warner's "glory days" if you can call them that. Romo falls in that category, in my opinion
Ok, so my understanding is that all QBs are a product of the system in one way or another. Clearly, there are differences (e.g., Brady v. Cassell) that make some great, while others not. But, every QB needs a quality system in which to operate.The Romo comparison to Hasselbeck is a bit more appropriate. Totally different skill sets, but...in a similar tier, at least.

Now. What's your problem with Warner and the Rams. You put glory days in quotes. Wouldn't 2 SB appearances (1-1) and phenomenal passing numbers during those years suggest they were glory years without qualification?

with less time than Romo to progress through his reads (because he isn't as mobile as Romo), I think Johnson will throw more balls at TO than Romo did, and Garett will be running more "catch and runs" than deep balls.I expect more receptions, for less YPC, with similar TD's. Almost no change in Fantasy points.
very :) I agree Johnson is a smart QB, well experienced with a Superbowl victory. He will use T.O. to his advantage, maybe shorter passes to T.O., but I would bet more catches, with TD's the same or slightly up. The "Boys" will lean on T.O. the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread