What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Todd Heap falling down untouched during yesterday's game (1 Viewer)

He had a fantastic game yesterday but this event you bring up would concern me if he was a family member. It was not normal and it needs to be looked at seriously.

He did return to the game... I remember the announcers making a comment essentially saying "I have no idea why he's still in the game, that's crazy." I tend to agree. Dude just collapsed on the field untouched. Something isn't right there.

He did return to the game... I remember the announcers making a comment essentially saying "I have no idea why he's still in the game, that's crazy." I tend to agree. Dude just collapsed on the field untouched. Something isn't right there.
Agreed. Especially with all of the discussion on player safety, it seems like this would be a big deal.

He needs to retire. I respect the man, but he's a mess and needs to get out while the gettin's good (if it still is). Neck/back/head issues are just too risky to mess with and he's had a ton of them.

Great career Todd, now go home and play with your kids.

I think it was too close to the massive head trauma he had last week to even consider as a coincidence.

Hope he is getting an MRI or CAT scan or whatever b/c that is not normal.

field tests they do for a concussion are a joke anyways. im convinced thats why the eagles players went back in the game after suffering obvious concussions a couple a couple weeks ago. Most guys can fake their way through the questions if they really want to get back out there. I got knocked out cold in a marine corps training exercise years ago. So bad that i couldnt remember anything that happened earlier that day. couldnt even remember my own phone number and i was able to fake my way through the concussion tests in order to get back out there.

he was attached to another play yesterday that isn't getting enough mention today

Donte Whitner could have separated him from the ball on that pass near the goalline and backed off on the hit at the last second and turned sideways just giving heap a lil nudge

may have gotten a flag for dislodging the ball, heck maybe even a suspension, BUT maybe might have also saved the game for BUF

he was attached to another play yesterday that isn't getting enough mention todayDonte Whitner could have separated him from the ball on that pass near the goalline and backed off on the hit at the last second and turned sideways just giving heap a lil nudgemay have gotten a flag for dislodging the ball, heck maybe even a suspension, BUT maybe might have also saved the game for BUF
given what you just saw, what do you think it could have done to Todd Heap?

Players can get light headed during a game. I wouldn't read too much into it and I love the Steelers fan uptop already walking him to the door to retire...lol.

Is there video of this? It's the first I've heard of it.
I linked to it in the OP
My bad. :shrug:Yeah, he just crumpled to the ground. That could be a few other things, e.g. low blood sugar, dehydration, etc., but the closeness in time to a concussion certainly leads you to speculate that that's the most likely cause. Regardless, I can't see how you put him back into the game with any of those issues. Did Heap comment upon this after the game? Also, does Heap have a history of concussions? I know he's had a history of other injuries.

Players can get light headed during a game. I wouldn't read too much into it and I love the Steelers fan uptop already walking him to the door to retire...lol.
It's not because I want to see him out of the league. It's because I'm a fan. I like the way he plays. I like his toughness. I don't want to see him FUBARd. I don't want to see his kids with a semi-brain-dead or paralyzed Daddy. Since I've become a father I'm a little more sensitive to that kind of stuff.If he played for the Steelers I'd be just as inclined to see him out of the game with his history. If it was his knees or a hip, play as long as you can take it brother. Neck and head and back are another matter.But way to paint with the broad brush MOP. I expect better of you.

They called it a shoulder stinger and that is what they were looking at on the sideline. They weren't checking for a concussion on the sidelines. His neck/back is just messed up from the hit from Merriweather and he tweaked something. Anybody that has ever had a back injury knows that moving the wrong way can trigger immense pain in the back/shoulder/neck area.

It's not because I want to see him out of the league. It's because I'm a fan. I like the way he plays. I like his toughness. I don't want to see him FUBARd. I don't want to see his kids with a semi-brain-dead or paralyzed Daddy. Since I've become a father I'm a little more sensitive to that kind of stuff.If he played for the Steelers I'd be just as inclined to see him out of the game with his history. If it was his knees or a hip, play as long as you can take it brother. Neck and head and back are another matter.But way to paint with the broad brush MOP. I expect better of you.
:goodposting: It's becoming apparent to me that the NFL really has very little regard for the health and well being of their players. It's getting harder and harder for me to want to watch. Scary to think what these guys are risking and what a lot of their futures will be like. They'll have lots of cash but many will be in constant pain and unable to function normally. Not sure it's worth the risk.

:goodposting: It's becoming apparent to me that the NFL really has very little regard for the health and well being of their players. It's getting harder and harder for me to want to watch. Scary to think what these guys are risking and what a lot of their futures will be like. They'll have lots of cash but many will be in constant pain and unable to function normally. Not sure it's worth the risk.
This would be less of a problem with larger active rosters. Just sayin'.

Perhaps, but that would mean less money in the owners' pockets, right? And we all know that everything is driven by the almighty dollar, so I don't expect the owners to make less money so the players don't have to risk their health as much as they are.

Perhaps, but that would mean less money in the owners' pockets, right? And we all know that everything is driven by the almighty dollar, so I don't expect the owners to make less money so the players don't have to risk their health as much as they are.
I doubt it. I don't think the division of revenues between owners and players would change. It would probably mean less money in the other players' pockets, so it'd probably be opposed by the NFLPA.

I doubt it. I don't think the division of revenues between owners and players would change. It would probably mean less money in the other players' pockets, so it'd probably be opposed by the NFLPA.
Same thing, other side. Either way you have people's health and futures being sacrificed at the altar of greed. Sad.

Users who are viewing this thread