What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top Guys You Want: Targets/Sleepers/Flyers (in mid & late rounds) (1 Viewer)

Hear-the-Footsteps

Footballguy
Always a ton of talk about the early guys. And debates like McCoy or Spiller are fun; as well as Dez or Marshall. But who are you targeting later.

Who do you really want in rounds 6 - 10? And what about Round 10 and beyond? Who are the guys you are targeting as sleepers, or flyers with potential, or even just those guys you have to have (even if it means you know you will take him before his ADP)?

My short list so far...

Rounds 6 - 10:

- Hillman - not bc I love Hillman, but rather bc I think the Denver O should be ridiculous (think last yr, now add Welker); AND bc I don't love Ball (I know some do)

- Lacy - he was on this list originally (as you could have gotten him in the 6th in early August, but unfortunately I think you now have you grab him even earlier)

Rounds 10+:

- Cameron - Weeden seems to trust him inside the redzone (his TDs last week were from the 5 and 10; and both were from Weeden)

- Thompkins - he went from "I will take him with my last pick overall" to "I should probably grab him in the 13th or 14th to be safe" and now to "Oh man someone may grab him by round 10 or 11 with what he did last night)

So who are the guys you really want this year past the first 5 rounds? The guys you think will breakout? The guys you will take ahead of their ADP b/c of what you think they will do this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Lacy even has a pulse in tonight's game, he isn't going to be there in the 6th.

I'm going t othe game tonight and I hope he gets stuffed a couple times... then I can get him in the 5th. Personally, I think 1000/10 is a solid projection for him, and that puts him in the mid-3rd for VBD. He's a steal anywhere in the 5th or later, and is generally going mid-4th.

I'm targeting, in descending order..

Daryl Richardson

Shane Vereen

T.Y Hilton

Cecil Shorts

Miles Austin

Josh Gordon

Chris Givens

Danny Woodhead

LaMicheal James

Bilal Powell

Jospeh Randle

If Lacy even has a pulse in tonight's game, he isn't going to be there in the 6th.

I'm going t othe game tonight and I hope he gets stuffed a couple times... then I can get him in the 5th. Personally, I think 1000/10 is a solid projection for him, and that puts him in the mid-3rd for VBD. He's a steal anywhere in the 5th or later, and is generally going mid-4th.
Does it really? I'm honestly very surprised by that. 16 RBs rushed for 1000 or more yards last season, and I don't expect Lacy to catch many passes. Total yardage wise? He probably tops out at about 1,100. Even with 10 TD's, idk if I'm sold on that being a great value. Maybe the fact that I play in mostly ppr leagues is a factor in that. I just feel like there are better values out there to be had.

Josh Gordon. Yes, he is going to miss 2 games. And after that he is going to be a stud. Just seeing him play, you can see it, this is his breakout year.

Tompkins went in round 7 last night, I took Blackmon in round 12 as my WR5.

Preseason overreaction in full effect.

Target

Whoever is left out of Wilson, RG3, Kaep, Stafford, Romo, Luck in the 8th-10th round. If none of those guys are available, Schaub/Vick in the final rounds as a lead for a QBBC (i never roster multiple QBs in 10-12 team leagues and play the WW for a backup)

Gronk if he's available in the 4th-6th rounds

Foster if he falls into the 2nd

Sleepers

Schaub

Andre Brown

Flyer

Manuel

I'm with you on Schaub this year as part of a QBBC--I'm targeting either Dalton, Palmer or Vick to go with him. I like Manuel in dynasty, but not enough to roll with him backing up Schaub.

Target

Whoever is left out of Wilson, RG3, Kaep, Stafford, Romo, Luck in the 8th-10th round. If none of those guys are available, Schaub/Vick in the final rounds as a lead for a QBBC (i never roster multiple QBs in 10-12 team leagues and play the WW for a backup)

Sleepers

Schaub

Andre Brown

Flyer

Manuel
So Foster in the second is your pick for 6 to 10th round value pick?

Target

Sleepers

Schaub

Andre Brown

Flyer

Manuel
My bad... Skimmed the OP and missed the top portion saying rounds 6 to 10 :)

Yeah, let me post them here so others in my leagues can see them. :doh:

#1 Josh Gordon (Going to be a stud)

Jordan Cameron

Jermichael Finley

Michael Vick

Miles Austin

Cecil Shorts

Vincent Brown

Justin Blackmon

Emmanuel Sanders

Reuben Randle

Always a ton of talk about the early guys. And debates like McCoy or Spiller are fun; as well as Dez or Marshall. But who are you targeting later.

Who do you really want in rounds 6 - 10? And what about Round 10 and beyond? Who are the guys you are targeting as sleepers, or flyers with potential, or even just those guys you have to have (even if it means you know you will take him before his ADP)?

My short list so far...

Rounds 6 - 10:

- Hillman - not bc I love Hillman, but rather bc I think the Denver O should be ridiculous (think last yr, now add Welker); AND bc I don't love Ball (I know some do)

- Lacy - he was on this list originally (as you could have gotten him in the 6th in early August, but unfortunately I think you now have you grab him even earlier)

Rounds 10+:

- Cameron - Weeden seems to trust him inside the redzone (his TDs last week were from the 5 and 10; and both were from Weeden)

- Thompkins - he went from "I will take him with my last pick overall" to "I should probably grab him in the 13th or 14th to be safe" and now to "Oh man someone may grab him by round 10 or 11 with what he did last night)

So who are the guys you really want this year past the first 5 rounds? The guys you think will breakout? The guys you will take ahead of their ADP b/c of what you think they will do this year?
I did a drafts preseason weeks 1&2... I have all these guys on those teams.

Though I skipped Cameron in one league were I got Gronk/Suds way late.

I dont think you can get them as such values now.

I agree with almost all of the players posted thus far, or at least those posted most often. Im surely hoping the rest of MY league at least isnt thinking the same thing.

That said, the one guy that stands out to me here - as in why is he your target/sleeper because Im not thinking about him much at all - is Cecil Shorts. I think everyone who listed more that a player or so mentioned him. I think I saw 1 Jags game max last year, so I have no clue on him really. Is he purely a sleeper because Blackmon misses 4 games? Try to trade him then? Or he actually has the talent?

Of course I also hate the Jags QBs

Alex Green
Please provide reasoning for this one.
Got a lot of 1st team reps in training camp. Franklin is a dud. Harris is a 3rd down guy. If he beats out Starks, he'll be Lacy's top backup. Will be there in the last round. At worst, he will be an easy drop in free agency, which has value into itself.
Alex Green will likely get cut.
Care to share your super sleeper Mr. Thompson?

Alex Green
Please provide reasoning for this one.
Got a lot of 1st team reps in training camp. Franklin is a dud. Harris is a 3rd down guy. If he beats out Starks, he'll be Lacy's top backup. Will be there in the last round. At worst, he will be an easy drop in free agency, which has value into itself.
Alex Green will likely get cut.
Care to share your super sleeper Mr. Thompson?
Sure, I like David Ausberry.

Anyone in a dynasty league that doesn't target Christine Michael, needs their head examined
He will start next year and tear it up. Book it. If you own Lynch, you've been warned.
Not if they keep Lynch around.

And they would eat a 16 million dollar cap hit if they trade/cut him before next season.

You may be right in 2015 though. Or if he flips out an murders someone before then.

Anyone in a dynasty league that doesn't target Christine Michael, needs their head examined
He will start next year and tear it up. Book it. If you own Lynch, you've been warned.

And they would eat a 16 million dollar cap hit if they trade/cut him before next season.

You may be right in 2015 though. Or if he flips out an murders someone before then.
Why would he have that cap hit in a trade?

Nope, I think you are mistaken. Look at attached link. This year, Lynch's salary of $7M is guaranteed. Next year, his base salary of $5M is NOT guaranteed (+ he gets a $500K roster bonus). Lynch got a $6M signing bonus that is prorated over the 4 year deal he signed in 2012. So, 2014's cap hit if they cut him would only be the $3M in accelerated signing bonus (actually it may be they can take $1.5M cap hit in 2014 and $1.5M if 2015 if they cut him after June 1). On the flipside, they would have a cap hit of $7M in 2014 if they kept him. Thus, they could save a net $4M in 2014 if they cut him. Add that to the fact that he may be facing a suspension for his DUI, and that is a recipe for a cut in my opinion.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/the-seattle-backfield-and-why-i-would-be-a-seller-of-marshawn-lynch/%C2'>

Nope, I think you are mistaken. Look at attached link. This year, Lynch's salary of $7M is guaranteed. Next year, his base salary of $5M is NOT guaranteed (+ he gets a $500K roster bonus). Lynch got a $6M signing bonus that is prorated over the 4 year deal he signed in 2012. So, 2014's cap hit if they cut him would only be the $3M in accelerated signing bonus (actually it may be they can take $1.5M cap hit in 2014 and $1.5M if 2015 if they cut him after June 1). On the flipside, they would have a cap hit of $7M in 2014 if they kept him. Thus, they could save a net $4M in 2014 if they cut him. Add that to the fact that he may be facing a suspension for his DUI, and that is a recipe for a cut in my opinion.
woops, here is link

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/the-seattle-backfield-and-why-i-would-be-a-seller-of-marshawn-lynch/

I agree with almost all of the players posted thus far, or at least those posted most often. Im surely hoping the rest of MY league at least isnt thinking the same thing.

That said, the one guy that stands out to me here - as in why is he your target/sleeper because Im not thinking about him much at all - is Cecil Shorts. I think everyone who listed more that a player or so mentioned him. I think I saw 1 Jags game max last year, so I have no clue on him really. Is he purely a sleeper because Blackmon misses 4 games? Try to trade him then? Or he actually has the talent?

Absolutely.

People aren't mentioning him because of his situation...once he became a starter last year he consistently put up WR1 numbers as a rookie regardless of who was throwing him the ball. Only ding is he missed the last few games because of a concussion......so that's not good.

Absolutely.

People aren't mentioning him because of his situation...once he became a starter last year he consistently put up WR1 numbers as a rookie regardless of who was throwing him the ball. Only ding is he missed the last few games because of a concussion......so that's not good.
He was a 2nd year player last year, not a rookie. That said, he was very consistent game to game from week 7 on last year now that I look at it.

MJD also was out once he turned it on. I just looked and his ADP is WR28. I dont know, at that price, Im still passing.

Absolutely.

He was a 2nd year player last year, not a rookie. That said, he was very consistent game to game from week 7 on last year now that I look at it.

MJD also was out once he turned it on. I just looked and his ADP is WR28. I dont know, at that price, Im still passing.
Well I stand corrected.

Dude is legit...but to each their own I guess.

Let me guess: you own Lynch in a dynasty league? No, I'm the one laughing because you obviously haven't watched Michael play. Trust me, he's a thundering beast :)

Target

Sleepers

Schaub

Andre Brown

Flyer

Manuel
Did he not answer the question?

Nobody like a ##### bag.

I think Gordon and Blackmon are both going to be very good.

Michael was my must have and I got him.

Users who are viewing this thread