What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Toughest Dude Ever? (1 Viewer)

Michael Malloy

Failed murder attempts[edit]

The events that led to Malloy's death began in January 1933.[1][2] He was, at the time, alcoholic and homeless.[1][2] Five men who were acquainted with Malloy, Tony Marino, Joseph "Red" Murphy, Francis Pasqua, Hershey Green, and Daniel Kriesberg (later dubbed "the Murder Trust" by the headlines), plotted to take out three life insurance policies on Malloy and then get him to drink himself to death.[1][2] The first part of the plot was successful (probably achieved with the aid of a corrupt insurance agent), and they stood to gain over $3,500 (more than $61,000 by 2011's standards by the CPI) if Malloy died an accidental death.[1][2]

Marino owned a speakeasy and gave Malloy unlimited credit, thinking Malloy would abuse it and drink himself to death.[1][2] Although Malloy drank for a majority of his waking day, it did not kill him. To remedy this, antifreeze was substituted for liquor, but still, Malloy would drink until he passed out, wake up, and come back for more.[1][2] Antifreeze was substituted with turpentine, followed by horse liniment, and finally mixed in rat poison.[1][4] Still, Malloy lived.

The group then tried raw oysters soaked in wood alcohol.[1][2] This idea apparently came from Pasqua, who saw a man die after eating oysters with whiskey.[1] Then came a sandwich of spoiledsardines mixed with poison and carpet tacks.[1][2][5]

When that failed, they decided that it was unlikely that anything Malloy ingested was going to kill him, so the Murder Trust decided to freeze him to death. On a night when the temperature reached -14 °F (-26 °C), Malloy drank until he passed out, was carried to a park, dumped in the snow, and had five gallons (19 L) of water poured on his bare chest.[1][2] Nevertheless, Malloy reappeared the following day for his drink. The next attempt on his life came when they hit him with Green's taxi, moving at 45 miles per hour (72 km/h).[1][2] This put Malloy in the hospital for three weeks with broken bones.[2] The gang presumed he was dead but was unable to collect the policy on him.[1] When he again appeared at the bar, they decided on one last approach.

Malloy's murder[edit]

On February 22, after he passed out for the night, they took him to Murphy's room, put a hose in his mouth that was connected to the gas jet, and turned it on.[1][2] This finally killed Malloy, death occurring within minutes.[1][2]

He was pronounced dead of lobar pneumonia and quickly buried.[4] However, the members of the Murder Trust proved to be their own worst enemies—they talked too much and squabbled among themselves over the division of the loot.[1][2] Eventually police heard rumors of "Mike the Durable" in speakeasies all over town, and upon learning that a Michael Malloy had died that night, they had the body exhumed and forensically examined.[1][2]

The five men were put on trial. Green went to prison, and the other four members were executed in the electric chair at Sing Sing.[1][6]
This is the greatest story ever.

This will be the next bracket I set up after the I'm done with the hottest teacher contest next month...

Reply here to enter your fighter...

I'm entering Clubber Lang.

Haku (or Meng depending on if you're a WWF or WCW guy)

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=122858

I was watching Perry Saturn's youshoot, and when asked who would win a fight back in WCW between: Saturn, Scott Norton, Fit Finlay, Haku, The Barbarian, Rick Steiner and Jim Duggan, Saturn replied "Tonga. Nobody else would stand a chance. Not even a question. He could kill everyone without blinking and there is nothing anyone could do about it"

Bad News Brown said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the most vigorous.

Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with.

Road Warrior Animal said in a shoot interview that Haku was the toughest wrestler of his era.

Bobby Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life."

In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which allegedly resulted in Fifita gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

In the book Arn Anderson: 4 Ever, Arn Anderson cites an event where Fifita pushed a cowboy through two sets of doors with one hand - and a conversation with The Barbarian about who was tougher. The Barbarian just shook his head when Anderson asked who would win in a fight between him and Fifita and stated "Meng's the man." If you've read Arn Anderson's book, you'll also know that AA said this about Meng: "There are 3 types of men: tough men, wrestler-tough men, and then there's Meng."

He had an altercation with Brutus Beefcake after Beefcake complained to WWF management that Tonga slapped him too hard during a match. After WWF management informed Tonga, he immediately went to the locker room and grabbed Beefcake out of the shower, and began choking him, lifting him two feet off the floor. Other wrestlers were hesitant to break it up, so finally Hulk Hogan (who Tonga respected) was called in and was able to calm Tonga down.

Kevin Sullivan on Meng: "One time I asked him to do something that was completely wrong and he got a little upset. And I mean that was the scaredest I've ever been in my life and he wasn't even that up. Thank God."

Kevin Sullivan story about Meng: Kevin is the booker at the time in WCW and he tells these guys to do the job and these wrestlers are all pissed and upset about loosing and they tell Sullivan to go **** himself and they'll fight Sullivan and anyone else because they're the baddest ****ers around and they'll kill anyone around here. Then Keven said "Wait a minute, I'll get Meng to handle this for me" and then all those guys start telling Kevin "We'll do the jobs, we'll do whatever you want."

Jake Roberts said it best: If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away? He's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm gonna do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a ***** and have him pissed off at me.

Here's what Chris Candido said about Meng: "He was talking to me, Tammy, and Chris Jericho. In comes Eric Bischoff and Greg Gagne and they walk right in front of us and starts talking to Meng. He looks at them and goes "Hey!". And the entire lockerroom just froze. I was like "Man, these weren't just funny stories, this guy must really be tough". And then Meng says "Apologize to my friends, I'm talking" and everyone shuts up while Bischoff and Gagne apologize to me, Tammy, and Chris.

Even Harley Race has stated the there's only one man in wrestling history that he was afraid to get into a fight with and that as Meng.

In an interview with Alex Marvez, Fifita was asked about one of his legendary fights. Fifita stated his favorite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Fifita replied, "I�ll just show you how fake it is," and reached over and grabbed one man while three others jumped on him. As they repeatedly punched him he knocked Three of them out and then applied the Tongan death grip one of them and then Fifita bit the nose of the man he initially grabbed and spat it out. They saw him spit out their friend's nose, and before he could fight them, they quickly evaded. Months later, he saw on the news that he was being sued $2.5 million for the incident.

Bobby Heenan on a bar fight Meng had with some guy
He took his two fingers on his right hand, his index finger and his trigger finger, and he reached into the guys mouth and he broke off the guys bottom teeth. I wouldnt believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes.�

More Heenan stories about Meng
Before the mid 80s when Andre was breaking down, there were only two men that Andre feared, Meng and Harley Race.

Rick Steiner on Meng getting arrested
I was in LA one time with him and he fought eight cops, they shot him with mace and he closed his eyes and sucked it in. He just opened his mouth and took a deep breath. I mean, some of the stuff he did was like "What the hell" Scotty and I always thought we were tough guys but that was before we met Meng.

Also, in the Bob Holly Youshoot, he says that Haku is THE main guy you don't **** with.

Karl Malone...did you see him at the skills challenge on Saturday night, according to Reggie Miller, he has been lifting trucks. Plus did you see what he did in WCW.
Pacman Jones won the TNA World Tag Team title; Malone did squat by comparison. :nerd: :coffee:

I'm sticking with Toll Road from The Expendables..

Sylvester Stallone's upcoming movie The Expendables features an all-star cast of Hollywood tough guys including Stallone himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. But Stallone says that when the whole cast got together, there was no question who the toughest guy in the room was: Randy Couture
Stallone: "Someone asked me, 'You put all these tough guys, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, in a room together, who comes out?' If you walked in 10 minutes later you'd see Randy Couture sitting on top of us having a chocolate fudge sundae."

Otis said:
How can you name Clubber Lang, when Ivan Drago likely destroys Clubber?
Drago wouldn't stand a chance against Lang. Drago couldn't even beat Rocky once.
Clubber Lang was only 23 when him and Rocky fought the second time...

He disappears in Rocky IV bc he doesn't fit in the plot, otherwise I say he comes back and destroys Rocky in the rubber match (which there obviously would've been in real life).

Assuming he doesn't get arrested for raping someone while judging a contest in Indiana, the guy is world champ, toughest, & scariest.

I'm setting up a 4 team caged fight right now. In one corner, we have Bruce and Chuck. Next corner, Philo Beddo and Tank Murdoch. Third corner, Rambo and Arnold. My wild card team is Handsome Jimmy and Luscious Johnny Valiant who beat out the other wild card team **** the Bruiser and The Crusher.

I'm setting up a 4 team caged fight right now. In one corner, we have Bruce and Chuck. Next corner, Philo Beddo and Tank Murdoch. Third corner, Rambo and Arnold. My wild card team is Handsome Jimmy and Luscious Johnny Valiant who beat out the other wild card team **** the Bruiser and The Crusher.
If it's mid 80's Jimmy Valiant, he'll be flopping around like a fish outta water on the 1st shot. Pistol Pez pounds Boogie Woogie Man

Users who are viewing this thread