What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for Akers...dynasty/contract league (1 Viewer)

sos32

Footballguy
Thoughts on acquiring RB Cam Akers.

In a dynasty/contract/salary cap league. Thinking about aquiring Akers. Yes I wont be able to use him this season. He is cheap salary, can sign him to a contract and the guy that has him needs RBs

Offering RB Mike Davis and a 2022 1st for RB Cam Akers. I can immediately IR him recoup the little salary he is. Not a huge fan of the 2022 draft class and the first I am sending will be middle to late, and i still have another 1st.

Current roster

QB Burrow, Watson, Winston

RB CMC, CEH, Dobbins, Davis

WR Dionte Johnson, Tee Higgins, OJ Beckham, Claypool, Shenault, Edwards...getting JaMar Chase as I have 3rd overall pick and 1.1 is taking Harris and 1.2 is taking Williams (both very needy RB teams)

TE Waller, Everett 

Am I over thinking this? 

You are overpaying for this.  Check out some of the threads in the Shark Pool where this is discussed a lot.  I wouldn't start with a 1st rounder in the deal.  If you are including Davis I would start with a 3rd rounder and probably settle on a 2nd rounder if you are set on getting Akers.  This is a debilitating injury that there really isn't a history on for RB's coming back.  There is no guarantee Akers is anywhere close to the glimpses he showed at the end of last season.  

If I was an Akers owner and that trade offer came across, I would hit accept in a heartbeat.  Achilles injuries are absolutely brutal for RB's careers.  There is always a chance he defies the odds and if he did, I still wouldn't regret the trade.  Like Gally said, I would start with a much lower offer first. 

I also don't think you should do this trade. I like what has been suggested if you really want to get Akers, Davis + 3rd. I'm not sure if I'd even go down to Davis and 2nd, but I'm also not familiar with the contract piece of it, so if it make sense to free up some room and lose depth then you do it. 

Users who are viewing this thread