What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Jordy Nelson? (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
In the league in which I own Jordy, I've just missed out on the playoffs; with a 6-7 record. I'm now considering options for next season and beyond. As I said in the Official Jordy Nelson thread , his value will never again be as high as it is now. He's had a good run of games but at the end of this season he will simply be viewed as being another year older.

I could hope that he plays at a WR2 level for 3 or more years and continue to play him alongside Dez and TY as 3 solid WR starters each week or could try to trade him. 

If I did try to trade him, what do yu think I could realistically get for him? I wondered whether it would be wise to target owners who are in the playoffs with injured/suspended players e.g. AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, Gronk. Obviously, I might have to package another player or draft pick for some of them. 

For reference, I think I have a really strong team and lead the league in scoring, despite missing out on the playoffs. Therefore, I may be able to mount a serious challenge next season, or could be just as unlucky as I was this season, with injuries (Wilson, Dez) and bad coaching decisions (Gurley) hampering the team's performance from week to week. 

Here are my starters:

QB - Wilson

RB1 - Zeke

RB2 - Gurley

WR1 - Dez

WR2 - TY

WR3 - Jordy

TE - Rudolph

Flex - Ajayi

Bench players are mediocre at best, poor at worst e.g. Marvin Jones, Duke Johnson, Fleener, Garcon, Funchess, Austin, Coates etc. Its 12 team, PPR by the way.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point all you can do is float to the league that Jordy is available for the stretch run and see what takers are on the line.   Not knowing your keeper restrictions makes evaluation a little more difficult because I don't know if you are comparing apples to oranges or not.  By this I mean, can you only keep Jordy for 1 more year vs keeping Keenan Allen for 5 more or is there a salary cap implication or a round loss by keeping someone situation.

That being said, in a vacuum I would definitely offer up Jordy for Green or Allen if those owners are in the hunt and could use some WR help.  I think in the long run both of those guys have more value in the future than Jordy.  Bottom line is you need to let people know Jordy is available and see if there are any offers that makes sense coming in.  If not just hold tight and Jordy should be serviceable for the next year or two.

Sorry, should have said its full dynasty. No contracts, salaries or any other player limitations.Players belong to owners for their entire career, unless traded or dropped.

I think I'll target owners directly, but take your point about making his availability known i.e. I'll be offering him to a number of owners, so trade with me or potentially have your playoff matchup snap him up.

Users who are viewing this thread