What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading With Fantasy Teams Without Owners?!? (1 Viewer)

BuffaloWings

Footballguy
I am in a 12-team league where two of the owners have dropped out of the league. One of these teams is 1-6 and, interestingly, one of these teams is 4-3. :loco:

I get this email about a trade offer between a team with an owner and the 1-6 team without the owner.

The trade goes like this:

Team with owner gets: Forte, Schaub, Vincent Jackson and Finley

Team without owner gets: Sproles, Freeman, Deion Branch and Owen Daniels

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB-WR-TE Flex, 1 D, 1 K, 2 DB. And we only get a bench of 4 people. And the team with the owner already has the likes of Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Mike Wallace.

I mean, come on!!! The team with the owner makes out like a bandit. :shock: The team without the owner is getting no upgraded value in this trade, except arguably equal value for Owen Daniels and Finley.

However, the only way this trade is rejected is if 5 of the teams veto the trade in the next 24 hours. I vetoed it, of course. But I am not sure if people check their fantasy league enough to get 4 more votes in that amount of time.

I suppose this is just a rant because there is not much I can do about it, but am I off-base in thinking this is wrong on two-levels: 1. Trading with teams without owners 2. The trade itself is not even close to being even.

yeah thats a bunch of bs, how can a team without owner accept trade? Hopefully its not a money leauge, If it was free, Id stop paying attention

I usually fall in the no veto crowd here, but this is bad, IMO.

Is the team with the owner also the commissioner? Either that or the owner that dropped out signed back in to approve the trade. In either case, teams without owners must be frozen - no transactions.

From a weekly standpoint, a process should be used to set the lineup ( use top lineup as projected, or some other means of the team fielding a moderately competitive lineup )

yeah thats a bunch of bs, how can a team without owner accept trade? Hopefully its not a money leauge, If it was free, Id stop paying attention
Yeah, it's free, so that's why I said this is mostly a rant on principle. But I had to get it off my chest. :rolleyes:

Who is making the deal with (and more importantly for) the team with no owner. Obviously the commish must be involved since the team with no owner, couldn't be making the deal by itself.

Free league - drop out. Not worth your time. If some one needs to cheat to win a free league (or a pay league for that matter), why be involved?

Yes, it's BS. Yes you'd be justified in dropping out. But the problem isn't that it's a free league. The problem is you did a bad job scouting the league before you joined.

Just because someone has an opening in a league doesn't mean you have to join. If you know hardly anyone and it's a casual league where nobody tries to get to know anyone...how much fun can it be, anyway? The truth is you should have never joined.

I've played in free leagues that are more competitive than money leagues, because the people know each other and winning means something to everyone involved. I always see advice here that goes "If it's a money league, do this. But if it's a free league, who cares?" That's short-sighted. You shouldn't treat your leagues differently. You should be more picky when joining leagues and say "no" once in a while.

Sorry. That was my rant. No question this trade is shady, and I doubt money would prevent shady people from doing shady things-- nor would it be any more shady if money was involved. Good luck.

Strike one - It's a free league

Strike two - Two teams have already given up and stopped playing.

Strike three - There appears to be cheating.

Just quit playing in the league and end it.

Since one team had no owner the team with the owner got ripped off! I would've just given Branch and Daniels, that way I can keep Sproles too and I probably would've gotten a draft pick. :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's BS. Yes you'd be justified in dropping out. But the problem isn't that it's a free league. The problem is you did a bad job scouting the league before you joined.

Just because someone has an opening in a league doesn't mean you have to join. If you know hardly anyone and it's a casual league where nobody tries to get to know anyone...how much fun can it be, anyway? The truth is you should have never joined.

I've played in free leagues that are more competitive than money leagues, because the people know each other and winning means something to everyone involved. I always see advice here that goes "If it's a money league, do this. But if it's a free league, who cares?" That's short-sighted. You shouldn't treat your leagues differently. You should be more picky when joining leagues and say "no" once in a while.

Sorry. That was my rant. No question this trade is shady, and I doubt money would prevent shady people from doing shady things-- nor would it be any more shady if money was involved. Good luck.
It's just easier to bail, if you haven't invested anything in it - don't want to tell some one to just throw away their investment by walking. Not a knock on free league.

Total BS. How could an ownerless team 'accept' a trade offer? Post a grammatically-correct, profanity-laced message explaining your position and quit updating your roster.

-Byron

Is this a ghost owner making trades?

If so, after that trade the ghost owned team fans are "boo"-ing the trade

Trade is fair, no veto.

Take this thread to the correct forum.
This is the correct forum. Nice try though. :rolleyes: This is NOT about *MY* team. This is a general question wrapped around a specific problem. And I think you are out of your mind if you really think this trade is fair. Please enlighten me on how this is even close to a fair trade. :wall:

D) Not enough information provided.
What more information do you need?

C,mon man! Is this for real or are you pulling our legs? Every league has an "accept trade" button so an ownerless team cannot be involved in any trades, period.

Try $$ leagues, their better for these very reasons.

What next? The ownerless team just picked up Jackie Battle off waivers? lol :excited:

Be careful, this could be an initial case of a computer achieving consciousness, don't be assimilated into the collective!

C,mon man! Is this for real or are you pulling our legs? Every league has an "accept trade" button so an ownerless team cannot be involved in any trades, period.Try $$ leagues, their better for these very reasons.
Does this look real enough? I protected the perpetrators' names.http://tinypic.com/r/suu5c3/7You will notice that since I posted this, another smart person has vetoed the trade.I am in some $$ leagues; I don't think that is the point. This free league is generally ok and competitive, but you can occasionally get some bad apples.

We obviously have to go back in time with some hot chick and destroy whatever sentient computer has perpetrated this vile act aganist humanity. We must destroy it in the past - before it became fully sentient and can defend itself.

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!? :football:

We obviously have to go back in time with some hot chick and destroy whatever sentient computer has perpetrated this vile act aganist humanity. We must destroy it in the past - before it became fully sentient and can defend itself. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!? :football:
Exactly! Now someone sees where I am coming from, finally. Onward ho! :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread