What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 6 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Jalen Hurts (2)
3. Patrick Mahomes (3)
Tier 2:
4. Justin Herbert (4)
5. Lamar Jackson (5)
6. Tua Tagovailoa (8), may need to pass more with Achane out. Betting against every other week thing being a trend.
7. Trevor Lawrence (6), keeps just missing TDs. It should even out eventually but has to be frustrating people starting him. Still has high upside and is on pace for 450 rushing yards.
Tier 3:
8. Justin Fields (9)
9. Joe Burrow (10)
10. Kirk Cousins (11)
11. CJ Stroud (12)
Tier 4:
12. Brock Purdy (NR), solid QB with elite weapons. Only issue is volume, and occasional deference to CMC at the GL.
13. Matthew Stafford (14)
14. Jared Goff (NR), in my opinion he's playing the best football of his career and is an MVP candidate. Still, his home/away splits and lack of rushing cap his ceiling.
15. Geno Smith (15)

Dropped off: Anthony Richardson (7), starting to get concerned about his ability to stay upright. Tier 2 player when healthy, but not 100% sure he needs to be sat on in smaller leagues. Russell Wilson (12), current QB9, but mostly buoyed by tissue soft schedule. Team feels on verge of collapse at any moment.

RB
Tier 1:
1. Christian McCaffrey (1)
2. Austin Ekeler (2)
3. Bijan Robinson (3)
4. Tony Pollard (4)
Tier 2:
5. Kenneth Walker (5)
6. Travis Etienne (8)
7. Saquon Barkley (6)
8. David Montgomery (17), Gibbs injury only makes Monty more trustworthy as an RB1. Was inches away from another 3-TD game last week.
9. Josh Jacobs (9)
10. Joe Mixon (10)
Tier 3:
11. Kyren Williams (19), return of Kupp is going to make the whole offense more trustable. More TD dependent than I'd like, but Rams feel like an offense to bet on.
12. D'Andre Swift (13)
13. Breece Hall (28), less about the big game (I might run for 100 yards on Denver) but more about the usage. I said I needed it to be a 2-man backfield and not a 3-man, and this Carter usage was maddening. Well, Carter is still there, but its seeming more like Dalvin is gonna be the odd man out, which makes sense as he looks washed.
14. De'Von Achane (16)
Tier 4:
15. Derrick Henry (7), still dominating carries, but Spears is taking away a lot of upside. Henry has been more of a rich man's Brian Robinson. He still looks great, but its not the same role/usage as he's gotten in the past.
16. Jonathan Taylor (11)
17. Aaron Jones (12)
18. Jeff Wilson (NR), possible overreaction, but he was the starter in camp before injury, and Mostert feels better served as COP.
19. Brian Robinson (22)
20. Alvin Kamara (14)
21. Rhamondre Stevenson (15)
Tier 5:
22. Raheem Mostert (30)
23. Isiah Pacheco (20)
24. Roschon Johnson (NR), sucks for Herbert, but its possible he never gets his starting job back.
25. James Cook (18)
26. Rachaad White (27)
27. Dameon Pierce (25)
Tier 6:
28. Jerome Ford (21)
29. James Conner (23)
30. Justice Hill (NR), more explosive than Gus, and has ramped up a bit after toe injury. Could be reading it wrong, but if Ravens RB emerges, I think he's more likely.

Dropped off: Khalil Herbert (24), was just getting hot, sadly may end up in same COP role as 21-22 when he comes back. Miles Sanders (26), not sure he's the best RB in Carolina, and that's a really bad offense. Jahmyr Gibbs (29), hamstring injury to a speed RB is never good, was already trending to more of a stash than a startable option.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
9. Puka Nacua (19), he and Kupp combined for 68% of Rams targets in Kupp's 1st game back, and honestly, I think its sustainable.
10. Amon-Ra St. Brown (7)
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
18. DJ Moore (29), feels like a good sell-high to me if people think he's suddenly a WR1. I don't think Justin Fields having 3+ passing TDs is going to be the new norm. Still, can't overlook his target share.
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
24. George Pickens (35), I'd be tempted to rank him higher if I wasn't mildly nervous that's he's just a big play guy who hit twice in 4 weeks. That said, are we sure Freiermuth and/or Johnson are back after the bye?
25. DeAndre Hopkins (39), vintage game against the Colts (who are bleeding WR points to be fair), he's the clear-cut #1 option in the passing game, but I wouldn't be against selling high, as I don't really want to be on the Titans offense of I didn't have to.
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
29. Christian Watson (30)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
36. Hollywood Brown (26), on a bit of a TD heater, with 3 in the last 4 games. No word on Kyler's return yet, but he's not a bad sell high if people think these TDs will keep up. 10-TD pace feels unsustainable.
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)
40. Jakobi Meyers (NR), back in the rankings with Jimmy G back. Love his floor, but still has little upside, and isn't the type of player I like to have. Wouldn't be against selling high, as he's been WR16 PPG.

Dropped off: Romeo Doubs (28), so much for him maybe being the #1. Was an afterthought in 4 yard game. QB also sucks.

TE
Tier 1:
1. Travis Kelce (1)
2. Mark Andrews (2)
3. George Kittle (5), hope everyone bought low. Kittle has TE1 overall upside every week, you just have to accept occasional weeks of falling out of the offense. 10 TDs in 11 games with Purdy.
4. TJ Hockenson (3)
Tier 2:
5. Sam LaPorta (6)
6. Darren Waller (4)
7. Dallas Goedert (7)
Tier 3:
8. Evan Engram (8)
9. Jake Ferguson (12), defense might not be as good as it initially seemed, so Dallas could increase pass volume. Seems like he's ahead of Cooks/Gallup in the pecking order.
10. Kyle Pitts (9)
Tier 4:
11. Dalton Kincaid (11)
12. Dalton Schultz (NR), top-6 weeks in 2 straight, on a pass first team. Might be establishing a rapport with Stroud.
13. Logan Thomas (NR), Dotson hasn't taken that step forward, and Howell has been increasing going to Thomas. Washington has been increasingly pass heavy as their pass defense has cratered.
14. Luke Musgrave (14)
15. Hunter Henry (15)

Dropped off: Pat Freiermuth (10), last omission, but not entirely sure if he'll be back post-bye. Zach Ertz (13), finally got in the endzone, but is on a bad offense, and is splitting snaps with 2 other TEs.

Give Sam LaPorta some love guy has been producing every week and is the #1 TE in fantasy right now.

Hollywood should be at least ten spots higher. He’s gotten double digit targets 3 of the last 4 weeks and is 14th in scoring. Not sure why that would slow down anytime soon.

I feel like Derrick Henry has been overrated on your rankings since you had him over Bijan but closer to his value at 15 although I would have him lower. He’s 15th now in scoring in 1/2 PPR formats. He’s getting a outsnapped by Spears who looks much more explosive and should continue to see more snaps. When Tannehill gets benched for Malik Willis and/or Levis next month I don’t think this will help Henry either. Good chance Spears outscores him in the back half of the season.

How is Gabe Davis, the #12 overall WR and finally showing consistency, not in your top 40?
I don't think he's showing consistency at all. I mean, he's on a TD heater, but he's had 3 or fewer catches (and 4 or fewer targets) in 3 of his 5 games. If he doesn't score a TD, he's a bad start. To me he's a boom/bust WR3, who has probably been at his ceiling of late. Easy sell high call in my opinion.

Give Sam LaPorta some love guy has been producing every week and is the #1 TE in fantasy right now.

Hollywood should be at least ten spots higher. He’s gotten double digit targets 3 of the last 4 weeks and is 14th in scoring. Not sure why that would slow down anytime soon.

I feel like Derrick Henry has been overrated on your rankings since you had him over Bijan but closer to his value at 15 although I would have him lower. He’s 15th now in scoring in 1/2 PPR formats. He’s getting a outsnapped by Spears who looks much more explosive and should continue to see more snaps. When Tannehill gets benched for Malik Willis and/or Levis next month I don’t think this will help Henry either. Good chance Spears outscores him in the back half of the season.
I feel like I'm giving LaPorta lots of credit. His TE1 status is a little misleading, as Andrews and Kelce both missed week 1. Anybody taking him over them is crazy in my opinion. I'd still like to see a bit more routes/snaps from LaPorta before he cracks tier 1. He's maximizing what he's getting for sure though.

I'm a little worried the Conner injury hurts the entire offense, and I think the clock is starting to strike 12 on Cinderella Dobbs. He's like Gabe Davis (but better obviously) in that I think his TD rate is unsustainable, only Brown will still be an ok start when he doesn't score.

I don't see that scenario happening in Tennessee at all. Tannehill isn't getting benched, and Spears (who I do like, and was one of my last omissions) isn't about it become the lead RB. Henry is playing a lot better than his numbers indicate. He's not 2000 yard Henry, but he's still a top RB talent. I think Henry is still a high-end RB2.

I don't see that scenario happening in Tennessee at all. Tannehill isn't getting benched, and Spears (who I do like, and was one of my last omissions) isn't about it become the lead RB. Henry is playing a lot better than his numbers indicate. He's not 2000 yard Henry, but he's still a top RB talent. I think Henry is still a high-end RB2.
Tannehill has been the Vegas favorite or almost favorite to be the first QB benched essentially all season. You really think they aren’t gonna see what Malik Willis or Levis have going into this deep QB draft class after they are out of the playoff hunt? I think is more likely than not he gets benched at some point this season I would think.

https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/first-nfl-qb-benched-odds

https://deadspin.com/ryan-tannehill-russell-wilson-new-favorites-to-be-firs-1850826822#:~:text=Ryan Tannehill did neither of,is now the slight favorite.

Ryan Tannehill, Titans+20033.3%
Desmond Ridder, Falcons+27526.7%
Zach Wilson, Jets+40020.0%
Justin Fields, Bears+80011.1%
Mac Jones, Patriots+85010.5%
Kenny Pickett, Steelers+10009.1%
The Field+10009.1%

Last edited:
I feel like I'm giving LaPorta lots of credit. His TE1 status is a little misleading, as Andrews and Kelce both missed week 1.
Not saying he should be TE#1. But right now is the statistical TE 1. Kittle has basically been MIA all year and has a great game and should be ahead of a consistent LaPorta? Even with those 3TDs on only 3 catches, he is still trailing LaPorta in Fantasy points for the season.

He’s getting a outsnapped by Spears

This isn't true, at least not yet. Spears outsnapped Henry in games 1 and 3. Henry outsnapped Spears in games 2, 4, and 5, and has outsnapped Spears on the season. (All based on PFF snap data.) It's close, though.

Kyren Williams over the likes of Hall, Kamara, and Taylor have me questioning the ROS aspect and this isn't a short term ranking.

Laporta should at least be in tier 1, he can still be ranked lower than the others in tier 1, but having him in the same tier as Waller who in 5 weeks has done nothing is criminal.

Kamara ranking is indefensible.
I hate bashing other's rankings, but this I completely agree with. There is no RB in Kamara's path, and he has 49 touches in his 2 games. After just 2 games he has moved up to RB32 already, and will be in the 20's by the end of week 6. Are you ranking him at #20 because you think he is being used too much? If not, who on the Saints will be stealing from him?

Kamara ranking is indefensible.
I hate bashing other's rankings, but this I completely agree with. There is no RB in Kamara's path, and he has 49 touches in his 2 games. After just 2 games he has moved up to RB32 already, and will be in the 20's by the end of week 6. Are you ranking him at #20 because you think he is being used too much? If not, who on the Saints will be stealing from him?
Yeah, I think it is a personal dislike of the player. Because it isn't supportable based on any objective analysis. Kamara should be borderline top ten, which I would bet he easily finishes going forward.

I appreciate the work he does every week to put this out though. I think this week was especially off though. At multiple positions.

Fields went from too high early in the season and to too low now imho.

Seems like the light bulb has switched on for him.
I think there was an overcorrection early in the season by people wanting to drop him, and now there is an overcorrection based on him tearing up the worst 2 defenses in the NFL.

As a Bears fan, I hope the light bulb has turned on, but I think its more likely Washington's pass D is garbage, and Denver's everything is garbage. We probably won't learn a ton more against the Vikings, though they are a lot tougher matchup (somehow) for the Bears offense.

Tannehill has been the Vegas favorite or almost favorite to be the first QB benched essentially all season. You really think they aren’t gonna see what Malik Willis or Levis have going into this deep QB draft class after they are out of the playoff hunt? There is almost a 100% chance he gets benched at some point this season I would think.

https://deadspin.com/ryan-tannehill-russell-wilson-new-favorites-to-be-firs-1850826822#:~:text=Ryan Tannehill did neither of,is now the slight favorite.
I give zero weight to that. The Titans are 1 game out of 1st place, in a division that 9 wins could take. Levis and Willis are nowhere close to ready, as any Titans fan will attest. I don't think the Titans are out of the playoff hunt until the last week or 2 of the season, not in that division. I'd kinda be surprised if Wilson was ever benched too. He's the least of Denver's problems.

In HPPR, Meyers and Hollywood Brown are WR 15 and 18 respectively on PPG basis, they stay in top 20 even if you normalize their TD points. Very consistent usage on a narrow usage tree. I'd personally put them both in mid 20's. Thanks for doing this, overall good list to start discussions from. Cheers!

I feel like I'm giving LaPorta lots of credit. His TE1 status is a little misleading, as Andrews and Kelce both missed week 1.
Not saying he should be TE#1. But right now is the statistical TE 1. Kittle has basically been MIA all year and has a great game and should be ahead of a consistent LaPorta? Even with those 3TDs on only 3 catches, he is still trailing LaPorta in Fantasy points for the season.
Kittle has a lot of cache with me. He can be TE1 overall in any week, and has been one of the 3 best TEs in the NFL his entire career. He hasn't been that MIA honestly. He came into the season a little banged up (a bit of a routine with him) and has put up 16+ in 2 of the last 3 weeks.

I have both guys, and I value Kittle more. I like LaPorta a ton but need to see more before I put him ahead of a stud.

Kyren Williams over the likes of Hall, Kamara, and Taylor have me questioning the ROS aspect and this isn't a short term ranking.

Laporta should at least be in tier 1, he can still be ranked lower than the others in tier 1, but having him in the same tier as Waller who in 5 weeks has done nothing is criminal.
I think Kyren is in a FAR better offense than any of those guys, especially Hall. I also think he has more of a touch monopoly than any of those guys. I don't see any reason that changes. The Rams might have a top-5 offense in the NFL as long as Stafford stays upright. They've faced the toughest schedule of any team in the NFL so far, with games against both Philly and SF, and Seattle whose only loss was to the Rams. I almost put Kyren in tier 2, he's basically Zach Moss if Jonathan Taylor didn't exist. The Rams really impressed me this week.

Just to overall address the Kamara ranking. I think he's a mediocre RB, full stop, like I think he's an overrated actual player. His workload has been great these 2 weeks, but Jamaal Williams will be back, and could easily take GL work, and Miller will likely get more involved as the season goes on as well. I think the 13 catch game was a complete fluke (in the same way the Miami 70-point game was) so I see an average RB in a bad offense, who has a temporary monopoly of touches, which he isn't doing a ton with, averaging under 4 yards per touch.

I couldn't sell Kamara fast enough if someone were thinking he's an RB1. I'd be ranking him lower if Jamaal were healthy right now, but I think for at least this week, Kamara is still a high-end RB2 so that's what's keeping him as high as he is.

Kittle has a lot of cache with me. He can be TE1 overall in any week, and has been one of the 3 best TEs in the NFL his entire career. He hasn't been that MIA honestly. He came into the season a little banged up (a bit of a routine with him) and has put up 16+ in 2 of the last 3 weeks.

I have both guys, and I value Kittle more. I like LaPorta a ton but need to see more before I put him ahead of a stud.

I think Kyren is in a FAR better offense than any of those guys, especially Hall. I also think he has more of a touch monopoly than any of those guys. I don't see any reason that changes. The Rams might have a top-5 offense in the NFL as long as Stafford stays upright. They've faced the toughest schedule of any team in the NFL so far, with games against both Philly and SF, and Seattle whose only loss was to the Rams. I almost put Kyren in tier 2, he's basically Zach Moss if Jonathan Taylor didn't exist. The Rams really impressed me this week.

Just to overall address the Kamara ranking. I think he's a mediocre RB, full stop, like I think he's an overrated actual player. His workload has been great these 2 weeks, but Jamaal Williams will be back, and could easily take GL work, and Miller will likely get more involved as the season goes on as well. I think the 13 catch game was a complete fluke (in the same way the Miami 70-point game was) so I see an average RB in a bad offense, who has a temporary monopoly of touches, which he isn't doing a ton with, averaging under 4 yards per touch.

I couldn't sell Kamara fast enough if someone were thinking he's an RB1. I'd be ranking him lower if Jamaal were healthy right now, but I think for at least this week, Kamara is still a high-end RB2 so that's what's keeping him as high as he is.
Lower than RB20? Because of the plodder Jamaal Williams? Okie dokie. The snap share ain’t changing. And, based on your post here, I suspect you don’t watch Saints games. Kamara gets everything available behind a bad oline. He is THE guy in NO.

Lower than RB20? Because of the plodder Jamaal Williams? Okie dokie. The snap share ain’t changing. And, based on your post here, I suspect you don’t watch Saints games. Kamara gets everything available behind a bad oline. He is THE guy in NO.
They specifically brought in Williams to make sure Kamara doesn't have to be a workhorse, because the last 2 years have proven his efficiency takes a huge dive when he has to. I'm not arguing Williams is a better RB (we know he's a plodder) but they prioritized bringing him in to fill a role, a role Kamara is currently seeing, that I highly doubt he sees all season. If not Williams (if he can't get healthy) Kendre Miller will fill that role, in fact, he'd probably be seeing more work if he himself wasn't coming off injury.

I've watched every Saints game. Kamara hasn't looked good as a runner at all. His receiving is still great, though again I don't think the volume will be there like it used to be 1 fluky week aside. He's an RB2 in my eyes, nothing wrong with that. Most people likely drafted him as an RB3. If he can be sold as an RB1 (and from the discourse in this thread I'm lead to believe he could be) I think that's a pretty great ROI.

I really don't understand thinking Kamara is an overrated player. Guy has delivered good value for years.
2017-2020 Kamara was a stud. He's not that guy anymore in my eyes, and the offense certainly isn't where it was when Brees was there.

RB

Tier 3:
11. Kyren Williams (19), return of Kupp is going to make the whole offense more trustable. More TD dependent than I'd like, but Rams feel like an offense to bet on.
Sometimes people give you grief if you move someone up after an underwhelming game, but I agree with this ranking. PHI has a tough run D and a soft pass D, so it's not surprising the Rams didn't get much going on the ground or even try to, and there were almost no goal-line carries to be had in this game, which was a fluke. (I don't think the Rams got to the red zone after the first drive -- their second TD was a pass of more than 20 yards.) The main limitation is that the OL isn't great, but the passing game can be elite if Stafford gets enough time to throw, and that will only help the running game.

They specifically brought in Williams to make sure Kamara doesn't have to be a workhorse, because the last 2 years have proven his efficiency takes a huge dive when he has to. I'm not arguing Williams is a better RB (we know he's a plodder) but they prioritized bringing him in to fill a role, a role Kamara is currently seeing, that I highly doubt he sees all season. If not Williams (if he can't get healthy) Kendre Miller will fill that role, in fact, he'd probably be seeing more work if he himself wasn't coming off injury.

I've watched every Saints game. Kamara hasn't looked good as a runner at all. His receiving is still great, though again I don't think the volume will be there like it used to be 1 fluky week aside. He's an RB2 in my eyes, nothing wrong with that. Most people likely drafted him as an RB3. If he can be sold as an RB1 (and from the discourse in this thread I'm lead to believe he could be) I think that's a pretty great ROI.

I really don't understand thinking Kamara is an overrated player. Guy has delivered good value for years.
2017-2020 Kamara was a stud. He's not that guy anymore in my eyes, and the offense certainly isn't where it was when Brees was there.
His worst year was RB17 in a disaster play calling year with a terrible oline.

You and I will just have to disagree both on how Kamara looks and his role going forward.

Russell Wilson (12), current QB9, but mostly buoyed by tissue soft schedule.
Weird reason to drop the current QB9 to off the grid.

FYI, your QB1 Mr. Allen has been "buoyed" by almost the exact same tissue soft schedule (LV, WAS, MIA, NYJ)

They both have the exact same passing TD's (11) and nearly identical rushing yards (119/120)

Last edited:
RB

Tier 3:
Sometimes people give you grief if you move someone up after an underwhelming game, but I agree with this ranking. PHI has a tough run D and a soft pass D, so it's not surprising the Rams didn't get much going on the ground or even try to, and there were almost no goal-line carries to be had in this game, which was a fluke. (I don't think the Rams got to the red zone after the first drive -- their second TD was a pass of more than 20 yards.) The main limitation is that the OL isn't great, but the passing game can be elite if Stafford gets enough time to throw, and that will only help the running game.
Truthfully, Williams has actually looked like a solid player. His YPC hasn't been great, but I imagine that will go up a little (above 4,0 anyway) with Kupp back, and the schedule easing up. I have him in 1 league, where I had Chubb, and he's been a season saver.

Kinda think he might be the 2023 version of Jamaal Williams, but with a bit more receiving work. Its not pretty, but why can't he finish with 12-15 TDs? The biggest threat was a possible Taylor trade.

Not sure why Garret Wilson filled that much and why Goedert didn't mine above Waller.
I feel like Goedert/Waller is pretty much a toss up. Waller gets the edge for me, as he can be his team's clear #1, and they got him going against Miami. There is nothing really stopping him from having 10 targets weekly. Goedert was a concerted effort to get him going after a slow start (don't be shocked if that's DeVonta Smith this week) but obviously Goedert is in a better offense.

I just prefer Waller's potential upside slightly higher, but I see certainly see the case for Goedert.

ETA: Wilson was just too high. I was hoping sheer targets could keep him in WR2 range, but 30 targets have produced 162 yards the last 3 games. There also just isn't much ceiling to hope for with Zach Wilson. Love Garrett Wilson, but he's a WR3 unfortunately.

FYI, your QB1 Mr. Allen has been "buoyed" by almost the exact same tissue soft schedule (LV, WAS, MIA, NYJ)

They both have the exact same passing TD's (11) and nearly identical rushing yards (119/120)
I suppose that is technically true, however, QB1 to QB9 is bigger than the difference between QB9 and QB21. Allen is averaging 40 more passing YPG and has 3 rushing scores to 0.

I do think Allen's production is FAR more sustainable. Just kinda get the feeling the wheels are coming off in Denver. Its not Wilson's fault, but I don't think he's gonna be able to rise above it either.

Side note about Allen, I'm curious if all the Bills defensive injuries lead to them needing to chase a little more often. If so, I wonder if Allen doesn't end up the QB1 by a wide margin, and that may also give Diggs a shot at WR1 overall, and yes if that does come to fruition, then I'm too low on Gabe Davis.

I think Jerome Ford will perform substantially higher than you have him.
Any particular reason?

I'm worried he could be in a 3-man RBBC. He's at the top of it, but I'm also worried the offense might not be very good with Watson's shoulder injury.

Also a little worried that Kareem Hunt got a little more up to speed during the bye week, after not having a training camp or preseason. Not enough to take the job, but enough to become even more of an issue for Ford.

RB
Tier 1:
2. Austin Ekeler (2)
3. Bijan Robinson (3)
4. Tony Pollard (4)
Tier 2:
5. Kenneth Walker (5)
6. Travis Etienne (8)
7. Saquon Barkley (6)
8. David Montgomery (17), Gibbs injury only makes Monty more trustworthy as an RB1. Was inches away from another 3-TD game last week.
9. Josh Jacobs (9)
10. Joe Mixon (10)
Tier 3:
12. D'Andre Swift (13)
13. Breece Hall (28), less about the big game (I might run for 100 yards on Denver) but more about the usage. I said I needed it to be a 2-man backfield and not a 3-man, and this Carter usage was maddening. Well, Carter is still there, but its seeming more like Dalvin is gonna be the odd man out, which makes sense as he looks washed.
14. De'Von Achane (16)
Tier 4:
15. Derrick Henry (7), still dominating carries, but Spears is taking away a lot of upside. Henry has been more of a rich man's Brian Robinson. He still looks great, but its not the same role/usage as he's gotten in the past.
16. Jonathan Taylor (11)
17. Aaron Jones (12)
18. Jeff Wilson (NR), possible overreaction, but he was the starter in camp before injury, and Mostert feels better served as COP.
19. Brian Robinson (22)
20. Alvin Kamara (14)
Tier 5:
22. Raheem Mostert (30)
23. Isiah Pacheco (20)
24. Roschon Johnson (NR), sucks for Herbert, but its possible he never gets his starting job back.
25. James Cook (18)
26. Rachaad White (27)
27. Dameon Pierce (25)
Tier 6:
28. Jerome Ford (21)
29. James Conner (23)
30. Justice Hill (NR), more explosive than Gus, and has ramped up a bit after toe injury. Could be reading it wrong, but if Ravens RB emerges, I think he's more likely.

Dropped off: Khalil Herbert (24), was just getting hot, sadly may end up in same COP role as 21-22 when he comes back. Miles Sanders (26), not sure he's the best RB in Carolina, and that's a really bad offense. Jahmyr Gibbs (29), hamstring injury to a speed RB is never good, was already trending to more of a stash than a startable option.
You are criminally low on both Mostert and Pacheco

RB
Tier 1:
2. Austin Ekeler (2)
3. Bijan Robinson (3)
4. Tony Pollard (4)
Tier 2:
5. Kenneth Walker (5)
6. Travis Etienne (8)
7. Saquon Barkley (6)
9. Josh Jacobs (9)
10. Joe Mixon (10)
Tier 3:
12. D'Andre Swift (13)
14. De'Von Achane (16)
Tier 4:
16. Jonathan Taylor (11)
17. Aaron Jones (12)
19. Brian Robinson (22)
20. Alvin Kamara (14)
Tier 5:
22. Raheem Mostert (30)
23. Isiah Pacheco (20)
25. James Cook (18)
26. Rachaad White (27)
27. Dameon Pierce (25)
Tier 6:
28. Jerome Ford (21)
29. James Conner (23)

You are criminally low on both Mostert and Pacheco
I know Herbert is injured - but R Johnson ahead of both in redrafts? Lead backs getting volume in great offenses
I don't have Johnson ahead of either.

I don't think Achane's injury really changes much for Mostert. He's an RBBC guy, who has a long history of breaking down. He was a sell high 2 weeks ago.

Pacheco is a guy I want to be higher on, but I still think McKinnon is pesky. Pacheco has hit at least 17 touches in 3 straight, but unless he starts taking more of a passing game role (which is on the table) or KC changes their redzone playcalling, I think his current RB15 is pretty close to his ceiling.

What does everyone think of Achane/Jefferson? I made rankings before it sounded like they were as hurt as they are (especially Jefferson) but what would you be willing to give up for either?

I suppose that is technically true, however, QB1 to QB9 is bigger than the difference between QB9 and QB21. Allen is averaging 40 more passing YPG and has 3 rushing scores to 0.

I do think Allen's production is FAR more sustainable. Just kinda get the feeling the wheels are coming off in Denver. Its not Wilson's fault, but I don't think he's gonna be able to rise above it either.

Side note about Allen, I'm curious if all the Bills defensive injuries lead to them needing to chase a little more often. If so, I wonder if Allen doesn't end up the QB1 by a wide margin, and that may also give Diggs a shot at WR1 overall, and yes if that does come to fruition, then I'm too low on Gabe Davis.

I think Jerome Ford will perform substantially higher than you have him.
Any particular reason?

I'm worried he could be in a 3-man RBBC. He's at the top of it, but I'm also worried the offense might not be very good with Watson's shoulder injury.

Also a little worried that Kareem Hunt got a little more up to speed during the bye week, after not having a training camp or preseason. Not enough to take the job, but enough to become even more of an issue for Ford.
"Before garbage time in Week 4, Jerome Ford had 70.6 RBTouch% and Kareem Hunt 29.4%, but Hunt didn’t have a single target. Deshaun Watson didn’t play, but Hunt also only ran two routes to Ford’s 25." credit to Jake Ciely

Tier 3:
14. De'Von Achane (16)
Tier 4:
Tier 5:
22. Raheem Mostert (30)

What does everyone think of Achane/Jefferson? I made rankings before it sounded like they were as hurt as they are (especially Jefferson) but what would you be willing to give up for either?

I don't think Achane's injury really changes much for Mostert. He's an RBBC guy, who has a long history of breaking down. He was a sell high 2 weeks ago.

Are you saying if you did your rankings today, knowing that Achane's injury is more serious, you wouldn't move Mostert from the top of your Tier 5 into Tier 4? For example, not even ahead of guys like Stevenson and Robinson? I get his history, but he has looked mostly great this season and is currently healthy.

Tier 3:
14. De'Von Achane (16)
Tier 4:
Tier 5:
22. Raheem Mostert (30)

Are you saying if you did your rankings today, knowing that Achane's injury is more serious, you wouldn't move Mostert from the top of your Tier 5 into Tier 4? For example, not even ahead of guys like Stevenson and Robinson? I get his history, but he has looked mostly great this season and is currently healthy.
I'm saying I'm pretty unsure of how to view the Miami situation. I do think Wilson could move into Achane's role, and Mostert could stay the same. I also think Mostert should maybe be tier 4. I think a lot depends on how healthy Wilson is. I am also kinda throwing out the Denver game, Mostert hasn't been super effective since then, and has been mistake prone. Pre-injury, I was all set to move Achane close to where Etienne is, because he was playing so much better than Mostert the last 2 weeks.

Stevenson is another guy that was hard to rank. He's the best player on his team, but that doesn't matter if your team scores 3 points on 2 weeks. Surely, they'll top that against the Raiders (I would cut several players on the spot if they can't) so he feels like a guy who could bounce back.

I think if I re-did them today, I'd move Henry/Taylor up a tier, and then had A. Jones (17) all the way down to Pierce (27) as 1 tier.

I think there was an overcorrection early in the season by people wanting to drop him, and now there is an overcorrection based on him tearing up the worst 2 defenses in the NFL.

As a Bears fan, I hope the light bulb has turned on, but I think its more likely Washington's pass D is garbage, and Denver's everything is garbage. We probably won't learn a ton more against the Vikings, though they are a lot tougher matchup (somehow) for the Bears offense.

Tannehill has been the Vegas favorite or almost favorite to be the first QB benched essentially all season. You really think they aren’t gonna see what Malik Willis or Levis have going into this deep QB draft class after they are out of the playoff hunt? There is almost a 100% chance he gets benched at some point this season I would think.

I give zero weight to that. The Titans are 1 game out of 1st place, in a division that 9 wins could take. Levis and Willis are nowhere close to ready, as any Titans fan will attest. I don't think the Titans are out of the playoff hunt until the last week or 2 of the season, not in that division. I'd kinda be surprised if Wilson was ever benched too. He's the least of Denver's problems.
Say again? Tannehill blazing out in a trail of glory less than a week later on 8/16 76 yards 1 INT.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
9. Puka Nacua (19), he and Kupp combined for 68% of Rams targets in Kupp's 1st game back, and honestly, I think its sustainable.
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
18. DJ Moore (29), feels like a good sell-high to me if people think he's suddenly a WR1. I don't think Justin Fields having 3+ passing TDs is going to be the new norm. Still, can't overlook his target share.
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
24. George Pickens (35), I'd be tempted to rank him higher if I wasn't mildly nervous that's he's just a big play guy who hit twice in 4 weeks. That said, are we sure Freiermuth and/or Johnson are back after the bye?
25. DeAndre Hopkins (39), vintage game against the Colts (who are bleeding WR points to be fair), he's the clear-cut #1 option in the passing game, but I wouldn't be against selling high, as I don't really want to be on the Titans offense of I didn't have to.
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
36. Hollywood Brown (26), on a bit of a TD heater, with 3 in the last 4 games. No word on Kyler's return yet, but he's not a bad sell high if people think these TDs will keep up. 10-TD pace feels unsustainable.
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)
40. Jakobi Meyers (NR), back in the rankings with Jimmy G back. Love his floor, but still has little upside, and isn't the type of player I like to have. Wouldn't be against selling high, as he's been WR16 PPG.

Dropped off: Romeo Doubs (28), so much for him maybe being the #1. Was an afterthought in 4 yard game. QB also sucks.
Kirk still not getting any respect.

Say again? Tannehill blazing out in a trail of glory less than a week later on 8/16 76 yards 1 INT.
Getting carted off and getting benched aren't the same thing. Nothing I said was wrong.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)

Maybe, I just don't think he has much upside. He's a solid WR3.

Getting carted off and getting benched aren't the same thing. Nothing I said was wrong.
I was kidding, kind of and half way giving you hard time. He still looks bad. One thing you were 100% right about, Willis not being close to ready. All he had to do on that goal line series was not take a sack. He had like 9 chances to punch it in and got sacked what felt like 6 times. I’m not sure if there is a player with less situational awareness.

I was kidding, kind of and half way giving you hard time. He still looks bad. One thing you were 100% right about, Willis not being close to ready. All he had to do on that goal line series was not take a sack. He had like 9 chances to punch it in and got sacked what felt like 6 times. I’m not sure if there is a player with less situational awareness.
Yeah, that GL series was particularly rough. If his pocket awareness is THAT awful, I have no idea how he's ahead of Levis. That was an instance where I truly believe I would have done a better job than an NFL QB. There was also some poor playcalling there too. If you know your QB can't make quick reads, only give him like 2 options and max protect.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)

He has more receptions, more targets, more yards and equal TD's as Ridley, yet you have Ridley 17 spots higher.
Makes zero sense. Kirk may be the #1 on this team.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)

He has more receptions, more targets, more yards and equal TD's as Ridley, yet you have Ridley 17 spots higher.
I think for me, outside of box score stats, id take Ridley over Kirk in any league with any format.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. Keenan Allen (3)
3. Stefon Diggs (4)
4. AJ Brown (5)
Tier 2:
5. Ja'Marr Chase (10)
6. Davante Adams (6)
7. Cooper Kupp (14)
8. Justin Jefferson (2)
Tier 3:
11. CeeDee Lamb (8)
12. Devonta Smith (11)
13. Chris Olave (9)
14. Jaylen Waddle (13)
Tier 4:
15. Brandon Aiyuk (18)
16. DK Metcalf (15)
17. Calvin Ridley (12)
Tier 5:
19. Adam Thielen (25)
20. Deebo Samuel (21)
21. Amari Cooper (16)
22. Tee Higgins (17)
Tier 6:
23. Mike Evans (20)
26. Michael Pittman (23)
27. Chris Godwin (32)
Tier 7:
28. Nico Collins (24)
30. Jordan Addison (37)
31. Garrett Wilson (22)
32. Tyler Lockett (31)
33. Zay Flowers (33)
Tier 8:
34. Christian Kirk (27)
35. Terry McLaurin (34)
37. Drake London (38)
38. Jerry Jeudy (36)
39. Diontae Johnson (40)

I think for me, outside of box score stats, id take Ridley over Kirk in any league with any format.
Maybe - but I think it will end up closer than you think. Kirk continues to get underrated. He was ahead of many much bigger names last year. I think they are 1A/1B

Users who are viewing this thread