What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tre Mason (1 Viewer)

I know it's never a popular idea, but let's amuse ourselves and say that 80+ yard TD got erased by a penalty. Now look at his day.

I can't see a lot of field length runs (for any RB) where nobody even touches the guy.
You might be forgetting his other 2TDs that day
Not forgetting them, but TD's are tough to hang a hat on. I guess I see the potential, but penciling the guy in as a superstar based on a scrimmage against the mailed-it-in Raiders seems like a reach.

I know it's never a popular idea, but let's amuse ourselves and say that 80+ yard TD got erased by a penalty. Now look at his day.

I can't see a lot of field length runs (for any RB) where nobody even touches the guy.
Not forgetting them, but TD's are tough to hang a hat on. I guess I see the potential, but penciling the guy in as a superstar based on a scrimmage against the mailed-it-in Raiders seems like a reach.
The Raiders haven't mailed it in. They may have after that game got out if hand, but the week before they just beat the Chiefs for their first win. They played the Chargers tough the week before.

I hate the take away this play game, but I will play. Say there was holding on that play so it would be half the distance to the goal turning it into a 95 yard field. Who says the Rams don't score still? I bet he still gets yards on that drive even if he doesn't get the touchdown. Would we look at him any different if he only got 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns in a blowout win? I doubt it.

cloppbeast said:
msudaisy26 said:
cloppbeast said:
A few good games and now we have the next Bo Jackson....
In my defense I sad poor mans Bo
Like a Woody Guthrie hobo's Bo Jackson.

The dude could end up as a pretty good player, but I think it's far from certain. For dynasty next season, I suspect Mason gets the David Wilson treatment and won't be had for less than a 2nd round start up.
LOL. From the guy who criticized the Bo Jackson comparison.

msudaisy26 said:
Dizzy said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dizzy said:

The Raiders haven't mailed it in. They may have after that game got out if hand, but the week before they just beat the Chiefs for their first win. They played the Chargers tough the week before.

I hate the take away this play game, but I will play. Say there was holding on that play so it would be half the distance to the goal turning it into a 95 yard field. Who says the Rams don't score still? I bet he still gets yards on that drive even if he doesn't get the touchdown. Would we look at him any different if he only got 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns in a blowout win? I doubt it.
OK, I guess I'll miss the Tre Mason hall of fame train in 2015.

Anybody can run the length of the field untouched is what I am getting at. 117 yards rushing with 85-90 on one play?

OAK vs KC was their Super Bowl. What do they really have to gain by winning another game?

msudaisy26 said:
Dizzy said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dizzy said:

Anybody can run the length of the field untouched is what I am getting at. 117 yards rushing with 85-90 on one play?

OAK vs KC was their Super Bowl. What do they really have to gain by winning another game?
So everything he's done PREVIOUS to this game against the League's top Defenses mean nothing?

Got it.

msudaisy26 said:
Dizzy said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dizzy said:

So everything he's done PREVIOUS to this game against the League's top Defenses mean nothing?

Got it.
OK, OK, I get it now. Put him in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, I see now, he really lit up those top defenses.

msudaisy26 said:
Dizzy said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dizzy said:

The Raiders haven't mailed it in. They may have after that game got out if hand, but the week before they just beat the Chiefs for their first win. They played the Chargers tough the week before.I hate the take away this play game, but I will play. Say there was holding on that play so it would be half the distance to the goal turning it into a 95 yard field. Who says the Rams don't score still? I bet he still gets yards on that drive even if he doesn't get the touchdown. Would we look at him any different if he only got 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns in a blowout win? I doubt it.

Got it.
OK, OK, I get it now. Put him in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, I see now, he really lit up those top defenses.
Sounds like mason ended your play off hopes last week. Poor guy.

msudaisy26 said:
Dizzy said:
Soulfly3 said:
Dizzy said:

The Raiders haven't mailed it in. They may have after that game got out if hand, but the week before they just beat the Chiefs for their first win. They played the Chargers tough the week before.I hate the take away this play game, but I will play. Say there was holding on that play so it would be half the distance to the goal turning it into a 95 yard field. Who says the Rams don't score still? I bet he still gets yards on that drive even if he doesn't get the touchdown. Would we look at him any different if he only got 90 total yards and 2 touchdowns in a blowout win? I doubt it.

Got it.
Sounds like mason ended your play off hopes last week. Poor guy.
No, not at all. In fact I'll be facing Tre this week in round one.

Already withdrew my lineup. Forfeit. No chance to win. He's like Adrian Peterson with speed. He might tag Washington for 500 yards.

I honestly hope he goes off for 200 & 4 TDs. Not because I own him but because of your negative attitude.

Guys are excited about the guys potential and for good reason and you're just a snarky ##### for the sake of being a snarky #####.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly hope he goes off for 200 & 4 TDs. Not because I own him but because of your negative attitude.

Guys are excited about the guys potential and for good reason and you're just a snarky ##### for the sake of being a snarky #####.
Honestly, it's sad to know that there is anyone else on earth that gives a #### about my fake football team. :lmao:

Even if your dreams are answered (again... very sad) I won't get to enjoy reading your "I told you so!" as I will have checked out for 2014.

Honestly, it's sad to know that there is anyone else on earth that gives a #### about my fake football team. :lmao:

Even if your dreams are answered (again... very sad) I won't get to enjoy reading your "I told you so!" as I will have checked out for 2014.
Quit hijacking the thread with this nonsense. Talk about sad

Sorry I ruined your Tre Mason party Mr. ryno.

OK, I can see him in the RB 20-25 range in 2015. That's better than some. And I wish him well week 15 onward.

OK, I can see him in the RB 20-25 range in 2015. That's better than some. And I wish him well week 15 onward.
I agree, until he becomes involved in the passing game he's in the Rb 20 area next year. Gotta admit he has some upside though

I agree, until he becomes involved in the passing game he's in the Rb 20 area next year. Gotta admit he has some upside though
Until he's more involved in passes, he's Alfred Morris which is RB12ish even in PPR. His upside will be limited but solid imo

Agreed... but a lot of guys have had upside. Last 4 weeks will set his value.

As far as this week (as a Washington homer) he's a good play. I have him in 3 leagues and am starting him from here on out. Not so much straight rushing yardage but he'll be solid in a ppr. I see 50-60 yards rushing with at least 4 catches for another 50 and a score. If I were doing a startup next year (assuming he produces on a mean level 10-15 points a game and they get a qb) I'd look at the mid 3rd. He won't be there but I wouldn't take him earlier.

Who's interested in your fantasy team? What dreams?

You're not only a ####, you're delusional.

The Ram have a lot of money invested in that line and they're a little underrated. Mason looks like a stud in the making, even if you take away the explosive runs where he isn't touched. Why you would do that, I have no idea. The objective is to read and hit the right hole and not get touched.

There are a lot of guys who can't do that.

Heisman finalist. Set records at school. Drafted in 3rd round. Played better than other RBs on his team in his rookie year. Given lions share of carries 2/3 way into rookie year. Plays well against tough defenses. Lights up a bad defense.

Not much to dislike here tbh.

Looked pretty good as a receiver Sunday. Only scratching the surface in that dept. This kid is going to be special.

As far as this week (as a Washington homer) he's a good play. I have him in 3 leagues and am starting him from here on out. Not so much straight rushing yardage but he'll be solid in a ppr. I see 50-60 yards rushing with at least 4 catches for another 50 and a score. If I were doing a startup next year (assuming he produces on a mean level 10-15 points a game and they get a qb) I'd look at the mid 3rd. He won't be there but I wouldn't take him earlier.
I see 50-60 rushing yards by halftime

Fake football aside. He really looks good. He has that every run is his last run look. Kind of reminds me or Marshawn Lynch. He won't knock people over like Lynch but he has that aggression. But then again so does Chris Ivory....

Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer said third-round RB Tre Mason has done a "great job" in blitz pickup.

Mason wasn't asked to protect the quarterback at Auburn and has little experience doing it. In the preseason opener, he stuck his nose in there and picked up a blitzing Saints defender, drawing praise from the coaches. It's Mason's easiest path to playing time behind bellcow Zac Stacy. If he can show that he can be trusted to not miss assignments, Mason can earn a role on passing downs.
and an uppercut to the jaws of Stacy owners.

oh, and funny how noone mentioned HOF'er Marshall Faulk OOZING in the booth about Mason the entire time he played. "a 25-30 touch back" he called him... "better as the game progresses"

But hey, we all see what we wanna see, right?

oh, and how long was his rush of his that got called back for a completely non related holding call? 20yds or so? nice.

mason is a STUD
Aint that something....

Heisman finalist. Set records at school. Drafted in 3rd round. Played better than other RBs on his team in his rookie year. Given lions share of carries 2/3 way into rookie year. Plays well against tough defenses. Lights up a bad defense.

Not much to dislike here tbh.
Bump.

Rams homers, has he been on the field more third downs as of late?

Washington's run D is pretty solid, notice only Murray had a big day on them 141 yards, Foster had 103 on 27 carries.

I guess what I'm asking is Mason in PPR?

Because if he gets 20 touches it could be 60 yards or 100+ who knows. His usage in the passing game is important for the PPR leagues.

Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer said third-round RB Tre Mason has done a "great job" in blitz pickup.

Mason wasn't asked to protect the quarterback at Auburn and has little experience doing it. In the preseason opener, he stuck his nose in there and picked up a blitzing Saints defender, drawing praise from the coaches. It's Mason's easiest path to playing time behind bellcow Zac Stacy. If he can show that he can be trusted to not miss assignments, Mason can earn a role on passing downs.
and an uppercut to the jaws of Stacy owners.

oh, and funny how noone mentioned HOF'er Marshall Faulk OOZING in the booth about Mason the entire time he played. "a 25-30 touch back" he called him... "better as the game progresses"

But hey, we all see what we wanna see, right?
oh, and how long was his rush of his that got called back for a completely non related holding call? 20yds or so? nice.

mason is a STUD
Aint that something....

Many of us in here have started him *once*. Yup, once.

And he kicked *ss which was great and helped those that had the not-so-heroic foresight to grab him as handcuff for a ridiculously cheap price after his poor August. Picking Mason at the price he was going for in August as a cuff took zero-point-zero intellect. Some folks, like you, loved him before August. For that...credit it due. Yes.

...but we all called success vs the Raiders. No one in here deserves particular credit on that call.

Otherwise Mason has drastically under-performed vs your incessant, useless hype and has been better on the bench. Of course that's not Mason's fault. No back could live up to that kind of hype.

Most, including me, expect him to be a very good spot start from here on out.

cloppbeast said:
grateful zed said:
he reminds me of jim brown.
Only in Jim Brown's dreams does he even come close to carrying Mason's jock strap.
Mason crushed the the Raiders. The Raiders beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs beat the Seahawks and their defense is great this year and was historically great in 2013. For all intents and purposes Mason has more or less faced the Seahawks in every game he's played.

Brown never faced that kind of schedule.

As a matter of fact, did you know Brown never went up against the Seahawks' defense even once in his entire career?

No contest. Mason.

And the most annoying poster of the week goes to..... DIZZZZZZZYYYYYY

How confident are you fellas for the road matchup against a respectable run D?

I'm currently on the fence between Mason and Crowell.

ive got mason in over jennings

but if I had crowell i think i like his matchup a little better, at home

if mason was at home, i like him on the turf..

close one tho

The road game vs a respectable run D is how I view it as well. I'd prefer Mason at home but everything is picking Mason because Washington isn't good which doesn't make sense.

I've narrowed my 5 choices, down to 4.... Mathews, Andre Williams, J. Bell and Mason. I've eliminated J. Hill this week.

Need one myself.

The road game vs a respectable run D is how I view it as well. I'd prefer Mason at home but everything is picking Mason because Washington isn't good which doesn't make sense.

I've narrowed my 5 choices, down to 4.... Mathews, Andre Williams, J. Bell and Mason. I've eliminated J. Hill this week.

Need one myself.
Riding with him this week. Thinking it will be a close game so he will get alot of opportunities rushing and receiving. Boom was able to break off a long TD and seems Mason has that ability.

Users who are viewing this thread