What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be. (1 Viewer)

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/tucker-carlson-favorite-douglas-macgregor-stone-age-indigenous-people-south-asian

Good read on Tucker Carlson'd favorite foreign policy thinker. 

“Now we have critical race theory and now we have equity,” he said. “And what we're being told is everything wrong in the United States is the fault of the quote-unquote ‘white man,’ the European. Everything wrong here is our fault. This would be such a better place, if only it reflected the nature and character of everything that is not European.” 

“Well, good luck with that,” he continued. “The possibility that when we got to the New World, that the Stone Age peoples who lived here reach the average age of 30 before expiring doesn’t seem to occur to anyone. That they lived in unspeakable filth and unsanitary conditions, and they brutally murdered each other when they weren’t eating each other. And this is the great civilization that we destroyed. It's nonsense.”

He is such a sweetie!

Tucker: McCaul has told a number of people that this show is an organ of Russian disinformation… That is not fine. That is slander… So you have to ask yourself why are so many Republicans suddenly talking like Joe Biden?

Because nobody, I mean nobody, like you Tucker
Hey, Tucker, if it's slander, maybe you should sue.  You know, get into court, let McCaul claim "truth is a defense" and see how it plays out....PLEASE?

Libel is the written word, so would not apply to Tucker at all.
Dude.   Is this back to your words matter thing?    Followed by a grammar error?

Did you not know what I meant?   I should have written libel/slander.   

If we were sitting at the bar talking are you the guy who goes on a four minute educational lecture on the difference between libel and slander?   I suspect yes.

10 minutes later I'm listening  to another lecture about some other topic.    But yes you are right.    Of course.   

Dude.   Is this back to your words matter thing?    Followed by a grammar error?

Did you not know what I meant?   I should have written libel/slander.   

If we were sitting at the bar talking are you the guy who goes on a four minute educational lecture on the difference between libel and slander?   I suspect yes.

10 minutes later I'm listening  to another lecture about some other topic.    But yes you are right.    Of course.   
:shrug:

I asked you what you meant and you gave some obscure answer about libel laws. I still have no idea what you mean by "if only Trump gotten the law changed" in regards to defamation stuff

If I were him I would not do it as well. His positions are challenging to defend.  Tucker goes after everyone equally, he has happily held conservatives to account as much as any other.

The media is supposed to stand  up to power on our behalf, not be their sychophant.
Can you provide some examples of this?  YT clips are fine.

This example, where he calls out a spineless Cruz for not toeing the party's political rhetoric, doesn't speak to the difficulty a man of substance like Kinzinger would have in defending his opinion.

Upset at Ted Cruz because Jan 6 wasn't an insurrection doesn't count.  :lmao:   and he still let him off the hook.   --

We can agree to disagree, he has done it to others as well.  Where bad behavior arises he does tend to call it out, which is a distinguishing characteristic in the media of today where conservative views are consistently attacked and liberal ones are protected.

We can agree to disagree, he has done it to others as well.  Where bad behavior arises he does tend to call it out, which is a distinguishing characteristic in the media of today where conservative views are consistently attacked and liberal ones are protected.
You see conservative views being attacked via social media like Tucker.   What a surprise.

Can you provide some examples of this?  YT clips are fine.
Honestly I don't have the time or the energy to look it up for you, but I can assure you that Tucker calls out Republicans and Conservatives all the time on his program.  If you really cared to understand the truth here (which quite honestly, I don't think you do) then a 5 minute Google search would show you all the instances where he has bashed Republicans.  Here is just one example - he destroys Lindsey Graham on a regular basis.

It's what I like most about him.  He has a set of beliefs and he sticks to them regardless of what party does what.  He absolutely loathes the neocons of the Republican Party - feels like they have needlessly cause thousands of young Americans to die in pointless wars.  He is one of the most anti-war people in cable news.  That used to be a good thing.  Today, it means you are a Putin puppet.

Such sad times we are living in.  People aren't getting the truth, and to be quite honest, it's because they really don't want the truth.  You can criticize Tucker about certain things.  He's not beyond reproach.  I have criticized him in here.  I just wish people would be honest and informed about what he is and isn't. 

Such sad times we are living in.  People aren't getting the truth, and to be quite honest, it's because they really don't want the truth.  You can criticize Tucker about certain things.  He's not beyond reproach.  I have criticized him in here.  I just wish people would be honest and informed about what he is and isn't. 
He's a disease and a reason why we are living in such sad times. Society would be a lot better off if people detached themselves from the hate and divisiveness of the political opinion shows.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's truth you're seeking and getting. It's confirmation of your own bias and a triggering of emotions that has you wasting your time each night. 

For the record, I'm not just talking Fox. Maddow, Cuomo, etc are all cancers in our society. We either need to wake up to the damage they're doing to fill pockets (again, their goals aren't to distribute truth, but to attract eyeballs) or watch the division get worse and worse because we allow ourselves to be fed the hate and blame. 

He's a disease and a reason why we are living in such sad times. Society would be a lot better off if people detached themselves from the hate and divisiveness of the political opinion shows.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's truth you're seeking and getting. It's confirmation of your own bias and a triggering of emotions that has you wasting your time each night. 

For the record, I'm not just talking Fox. Maddow, Cuomo, etc are all cancers in our society. We either need to wake up to the damage they're doing to fill pockets (again, their goals aren't to distribute truth, but to attract eyeballs) or watch the division get worse and worse because we allow ourselves to be fed the hate and blame. 
Good post CC.  And believe it or not I agree with most of what you said.  The media is the problem here, and I think we both agree on that. Fox is extremely biased Right and CNN and MSNBC are extremely biased Left.  The cable news networks have become mouthpieces of the Democratic and Republican parties.  They intentionally sew division and it’s causing great harm to the country.  I honestly think they are the single most biggest problems in the country today.  And yes, even Tucker.  I’m not naive to the damage he is causing and it bothers me.  We as Americans need to demand more from our media.  Hopefully you agree with me on that.

I do believe thought that Tucker has a core set of beliefs that dominate his shows, and that he is misunderstood by the Left.  But he is no doubt inflammatory, just like most people on opinion shows, and that bothers me.  There’s a way of expressing your beliefs without belittling others, and Tucker doesn’t do that well.

I do believe thought that Tucker has a core set of beliefs that dominate his shows, and that he is misunderstood by the Left.  But he is no doubt inflammatory, just like most people on opinion shows, and that bothers me.  There’s a way of expressing your beliefs without belittling others, and Tucker doesn’t do that well.
You seem to defend him a bit.   What do you think people misunderstand about him?  

For me it's just the talking head, solo "news" shows and podcasts.    Any of them who don't have people on to bounce ideas off and have a bit of a back and forth IMO are what have been the most damaging.   I try to avoid that format as much as possible.   

For me it's just the talking head, solo "news" shows and podcasts.    Any of them who don't have people on to bounce ideas off and have a bit of a back and forth IMO are what have been the most damaging.   I try to avoid that format as much as possible.   
You’re a good dude KP.  I was totally wrong about you.

Good post CC.  And believe it or not I agree with most of what you said.  The media is the problem here, and I think we both agree on that. Fox is extremely biased Right and CNN and MSNBC are extremely biased Left.  The cable news networks have become mouthpieces of the Democratic and Republican parties.  They intentionally sew division and it’s causing great harm to the country.  I honestly think they are the single most biggest problems in the country today.  And yes, even Tucker.  I’m not naive to the damage he is causing and it bothers me.  We as Americans need to demand more from our media.  Hopefully you agree with me on that.
Yep. I totally agree. And I don't mean to single you out with my response. I've been shouting this out to everyone in my sphere, both conservative and liberal. 

I agree with all of this.  I've decided to systematically disconnect from it.  I have zero faith humanity ever returns to polite discourse so I mostly just keep distancing myself from this stuff.  To be honest, what somebody in New York or San Francisco says, has very little impact on my day to day other than to press my buttons If I let it.  No thanks.  

You seem to defend him a bit.   What do you think people misunderstand about him?  
Yes I do.  I like his core beliefs.  He’s anti-war and anti-US meddling.  He is anti-racist in the sense that he doesn’t believe in seeing color, which I agree with.  He’s a great writer and communicates his thoughts very clearly.  I love that.  I love that in people who I disagree with.  I used to hate Alan Dershowitz but I loved watching him because of how smart he was.

But I have also been critical of the things I don’t like about him.  He’s a flamethrower.  He belittles people.  I don’t like that at all.

I agree with all of this.  I've decided to systematically disconnect from it.  I have zero faith humanity ever returns to polite discourse so I mostly just keep distancing myself from this stuff.  To be honest, what somebody in New York or San Francisco says, has very little impact on my day to day other than to press my buttons If I let it.  No thanks.  
I checked out early last year and spent a lot of time learning about crypto. Last night I learned how cell phones work and why we're due to have a lithium battery shortage in the future. I'm less stressed and more educated having turned off the noise.

Yes I do.  I like his core beliefs.  He’s anti-war and anti-US meddling.  He is anti-racist in the sense that he doesn’t believe in seeing color, which I agree with.  He’s a great writer and communicates his thoughts very clearly.  I love that.  I love that in people who I disagree with.  I used to hate Alan Dershowitz but I loved watching him because of how smart he was.

But I have also been critical of the things I don’t like about him.  He’s a flamethrower.  He belittles people.  I don’t like that at all.
Thanks.   I will admit I have a short leash for these talking head types and I don't have much patience for just yelling and riling people up.     Good to know that I would probably agree with him on a few things though he is anti-war and anti-US meddling.  

I checked out early last year and spent a lot of time learning about crypto. Last night I learned how cell phones work and why we're due to have a lithium battery shortage in the future. I'm less stressed and more educated having turned off the noise.
I play Dungeons and Dragons with a half dozen guys in our 40s.  Loads of laughs.  Lots of fun and a hobby I’ve really sunken my teeth into.  Not much value outside of fun and relaxation.  But no stress.  

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/tucker-carlson-favorite-douglas-macgregor-stone-age-indigenous-people-south-asian

Good read on Tucker Carlson'd favorite foreign policy thinker. 

“Now we have critical race theory and now we have equity,” he said. “And what we're being told is everything wrong in the United States is the fault of the quote-unquote ‘white man,’ the European. Everything wrong here is our fault. This would be such a better place, if only it reflected the nature and character of everything that is not European.” 

“Well, good luck with that,” he continued. “The possibility that when we got to the New World, that the Stone Age peoples who lived here reach the average age of 30 before expiring doesn’t seem to occur to anyone. That they lived in unspeakable filth and unsanitary conditions, and they brutally murdered each other when they weren’t eating each other. And this is the great civilization that we destroyed. It's nonsense.”

He is such a sweetie!
This is the REAL news that's 100% true and factual not that stuff the MSM(!!!!) and their thousands of co-conspirators spanning dozens of companies delivers.  "White man" should be proud of the genocide perpetratored on native Americans.  They did them a favor! The MSM(!!!!) wants you to believe mass murder is wrong!  Fake news! 

Users who are viewing this thread