What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turner returns to practice. If he plays must start? (1 Viewer)

Jets D looking more like elite unit against the run over last few weeks shutting down Carolina amongst others. Turner probably less than a 100%, although maybe last week was to get him healthy knowing Ryan wouldn't start (he also returned to practice).

If you don't feel confident to start him who you got over him? Arian Foster, Chris Jennings, Snelling seem like the caliber of choices you'd have as alternatives.

I got burned when he came back at less than 100% two games ago and I am wary of it happening again. At a minimum, we would probably see an increased split between Turner/Snelling/Norwood. I don't think it's worth the risk if you have better (read: safer) options.

I got burned when he came back at less than 100% two games ago and I am wary of it happening again. At a minimum, we would probably see an increased split between Turner/Snelling/Norwood. I don't think it's worth the risk if you have better (read: safer) options.
Don't disagree, but why rush him back just to split carries with these guys? Would seem that they'd only bring him back if they thought he significantly upgraded their chances to win, which not sure he would if in a 3-way RBBC.

I am going to just watch him this week. If he is healthy then he becomes a must start next week. No need to take the risk this week or next week is for 3rd place

he's staying on my bench for one more week just because of the matchup.

all i want for xmas is a healthy michael turner for the last two games of the year.

For reference, these are the backs I have:

Steven Jackson

Moreno

Ganther

Maroney

All of them would start over Turner this week for me. I think I am rolling with SJax and Moreno, though Maroney is tempting.

Starting Ryan Moats over him.
bad idea. Isn't Foster getting most of the touches this week? Sure sounds that way from what I've read.
That's the problem with any HOU RB. You never know what Kubiak is going to do once the game starts.I am taking a wait and see approach with Turner since I got burned by starting him the game he re-injured his ankle. I am starting Moreno and Beanie over him this week.

He burned me the last time he played . . . but man will I be pissed if I dont start him for somebody like Gather, Lynch, or Forsett and he goes off . . . .

Turner was my RB2 until a few weeks ago. Scraping up Arian Foster it seems. Rams are terrible at stopping the run, could be a decent 60-80 and a TD week for Foster which would be nice. He picks up the blitz well, had 4/50+ receving last week, and the coach said he wants to see more of him this week.

I would love for Turner to be helathy but I don't think you can trust him this week. maybe in the Championship next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really Really tricky choice.

I have Barber, Thomas, Mendenhall and Chris Jennings in addition to Turner. But in a TD heavy league, I may have to roll the dice with him as the rest could all struggle to see the endzone this week.

I'm running with either Mason, Snelling, or LT2 this week and hoping assuming I win (the rest of my team is good) that I'll have Turner in a dream matchup in 16. Not sure I'd have the guts to stick him in this week after his last performance ...

Starting Ryan Moats over him.
bad idea. Isn't Foster getting most of the touches this week? Sure sounds that way from what I've read.
no
John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Arian Foster impressed the coaching staff in Week 14 for his ability to catch passes, recording four receptions for 54 yards while averaging 12.3 yards per catch. 'We're impressed with what Foster did,' head coach Gary Kubiak said. 'He can learn a lot of things, but he handled his job in protection for the most part pretty good, so I think we just get him involved more, give him an opportunity.' RB Chris Brown starts because he is the best blocker and RB Ryan Moats has had the most problems blocking in the backfield.Fantasy Impact: Foster has the most value going forward for the rest of this year. Look for him to get a lot of work these last three games.

FYI...

I'm also starting Felix Jones over him.

Starters: Ryan Moats, Felix Jones

Bench: Portis, Turner, Westbrook, Cartwright, McFadden

I'm also starting Felix Jones over him.Starters: Ryan Moats, Felix JonesBench: Portis, Turner, Westbrook, Cartwright, McFadden
So basically you are endorsing Moats because you want to play him...you really need to do some legwork here and read what I posted about what the Coach said. I would try to keep an open mind about who you are going to start, it seems more like you are convincing yourself who to start. I come in peace, nanu nanu.

jeffgordon said:
Whats the latest on M. Turner? How involved was he at practice? How is he feeling (sore, good)?
Local sports talk quoted him as saying if he feels like he did today on Sunday, he'll play.

I have to decide between Turner, SJax, Mendy, and Charles. Charles is a no brainer, SJax and Turner both hurt and who knows what to expect from either. Mendy is the worst of the group and with probably the worst matchup of the group. Leaning twords SJax right now unless something changes with his injury status.

not to hijack threads, but the 370+ carry curse for Rb's remains intact, with Turner's lackluster 2009 season..

but I wouldn't start him against the Jets...Rex knows they're using a 3rd-rate QB against NY..he's ggoing to stop the run and force the QB to win the game..it's going to get ugly.

Not a Turner owner, but if he plays, I think he's startable. He had a pretty good start against TB til he got a bit unlucky and caught up in a pile. Of course, TB != NYJ run D, but I'd have to have some pretty dang good options to sit him.

I am starting him in the first round of the playoffs alongside ADP. My other option was Kevin Smith. It's either Turner or Chester. Going with Turner at this point. I am so screwed...

not to hijack threads, but the 370+ carry curse for Rb's remains intact, with Turner's lackluster 2009 season..but I wouldn't start him against the Jets...Rex knows they're using a 3rd-rate QB against NY..he's ggoing to stop the run and force the QB to win the game..it's going to get ugly.
Someone rolled up on his leg... that could have happened had he carried the ball 10 times last year. I don't think it is a curse, only bad luck in a very physical game.

It looks like Turner will be active. He's a dangerous start. The Jets have a tough defense. Atlanta may give carries to all three running backs and Turner could re-injure his ankle. It's also difficult to keep Turner on your bench when you have crappy to mediocre alternatives.

He's active, but to give you my measurement of trust in him, he's on my bench for Hines Ward with a tweaked hammy facing Woodson in cold weather.

not to hijack threads, but the 370+ carry curse for Rb's remains intact, with Turner's lackluster 2009 season..but I wouldn't start him against the Jets...Rex knows they're using a 3rd-rate QB against NY..he's ggoing to stop the run and force the QB to win the game..it's going to get ugly.
10 TDs in a half a season is "lackluster"?!? It's a unlucky break he got hurt. Could have happened to anybody (ask Tom Brady!)For me, Turner playing puts me in very bad spot. I have to choose between him and Ryan Grant who is healthy, but has his hardest matchup of the season on the road. Remember: he put up 4 points at home vs. Baltimore and Pitt's run D is even more stout.If my lineup was due now, I'm keeping Grant in. But as I listen to reports of Turner's warmups, the risk vs. reward may be too strong to ignore.

Curious to hear what decisions other Turner owners have to make and what they are doing?

I'm currently trying to decide which two to start out of these three: Fitz, Turner, Sidney Rice. All have issues, all have huge potential, too. Ugh.

I think I'm going to roll with Turner and Fitz, and leave Rice on my bench. It's a tough decision given that Rice is playing in front of his family and friends, but Carolina has been good against the pass, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Fitz and Turner can suck it up and play through their injuries. Both have more upside this week than Rice, IMO.

Hate to do it, but I'm benching Turner for Ryan Grant. Grant may just get me 3-4 points, but I feel more confident in his health. Maybe sloppy weather will have the Pitt defense miss some tackles.

On a sidenote: I think I'm going to be the victim of overthinking my playoffs lineup. Had Chambers in as my #2 WR all week. Now with Sanchez back at QB, I feel Braylon Edwards is the better start. Both play awful pass defenses, so who knows?

One carry for 7 yards and that's it so far. Snelling getting most of the carries. Norwood now leaving the field with a limp.

I think I'm going to roll with Turner and Fitz, and leave Rice on my bench. It's a tough decision given that Rice is playing in front of his family and friends, but Carolina has been good against the pass, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Fitz and Turner can suck it up and play through their injuries. Both have more upside this week than Rice, IMO.
Swapped Rice for Turner at the last minute. With Snelling being more involved early, that's looking like a good move.

Rotoworld said he got hurt on the first carry. You guys seriously played him this week given what happened last time?

Turner hasn't returned to practice. The title to this thread is lying.
The title of this thread was from last week.
Exactly, thus the reason why it shouldn't be used this week when it gives false info in the title. I know some feel they are doing us a favor by using existing threads, but sometimes it makes sense to either start a new one, or change the title of an existing thread.

Users who are viewing this thread