What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

Wow, whole card payed out a little over 500k, UFC got off cheap. Didn't Lesner used to make more than that per fight?

Wow, whole card payed out a little over 500k, UFC got off cheap. Didn't Lesner used to make more than that per fight?
A whole lot of guys/girls making their debuts.

Surprised Diaz is only $15K.
I read something that the current 4 fight deal he's on was front loaded. 50K show / 50k win for the first 2 fights, 15k/15k for the last 2. He probably signed this deal as he was approaching his title shot and figured he would be the champ at the end to give him more bargaining power.

Note, this is all 8th hand innertubez speculation. I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some research: Here are Lesner's UFC's paydays in order

UFC81: $250k

UFC87: ?k (this events payouts were not released to public due to Minnesota state law)

UFC91: $450k (included $200k win bonus)

UFC100: $400k (no win bonus)

UFC116: $400k (no win bonus), also picked up $75k bonus for submission of night

UFC121: $400k

UFC141: $400k

I did some research: Here are Lesner's UFC's paydays in order

UFC81: $250k

UFC87: ?k (this events payouts were not released to public due to Minnesota state law)

UFC91: $450k (included $200k win bonus)

UFC100: $400k (no win bonus)

UFC116: $400k (no win bonus), also picked up $75k bonus for submission of night

UFC121: $400k

UFC141: $400k
Brock didn't due to bad in his limited run

Akira really hamming it up here.
Yeah, he may have.
Ended up breaking Akira's nose in 5 different places, almost shattering it completely. Akira spent most of the last few days at a plastic surgeon as they tried to rebuild his nasal cavity.

This was no faking from what I can tell. He didn't even know he "won" until later in the lockerroom. He thought he lost via knockout.

Man, i can't express how badly i want Mark Hunt to win tonight. I'm nervous for him, but Bigfoot may have trouble getting low enough to take Hunt down. For any Super Samoan fans out there, they were running a cool special called "UFC presents Mark Hunt: The Art of Fighting" on Fox Sports 2, good catch if you can still find it. Heck good watch for anybody, but it is one of those you watch and by the time it is over there is no way you can't be a Mark Hunt fan

i have quite a few bets on this one tonight too, so hopefuly it is a good night. i'm not a big fan of UFC on Friday nights, but i don't want to ever miss a Hunt fight these days.

Bigfoot is generally too slow against anyone with some type of defensive grappling ability and hand speed. Mark Hunt lacks the former but Silva can get KOed in a hurry. Interesting fight, not 100% sure how to call it. Probably something the way Struve - Hunt went with Hunt having an outside chance of a KO at some time but mostly being dominated by grappling. Probably Silva by TKO.

Web prelims on.

Alex Garcia with vicious uppercut for the KO. Very likely a name we will be hearing a whole lot more of in the future at welterweight.

Web prelims on.

Alex Garcia with vicious uppercut for the KO. Very likely a name we will be hearing a whole lot more of in the future at welterweight.
yup, dude is a beast. he fights out of tristar gym, think he has won his last 4 in the 1st. Wall though isn't much competition. always fun catching these guys and watching their journey to the top

Bigfoot is generally too slow against anyone with some type of defensive grappling ability and hand speed. Mark Hunt lacks the former but Silva can get KOed in a hurry. Interesting fight, not 100% sure how to call it. Probably something the way Struve - Hunt went with Hunt having an outside chance of a KO at some time but mostly being dominated by grappling. Probably Silva by TKO.
:thumbdown:

Scoggins is a treat to watch too. Kid looks like the real deal (if he wins this fight). Guy is impressively athletic

and Jesus H. Kenny, learn the fighters before you call these fights. He called each guy by the name wrong twice. :doh:

Scoggins is a treat to watch too. Kid looks like the real deal (if he wins this fight). Guy is impressively athletic

and Jesus H. Kenny, learn the fighters before you call these fights. He called each guy by the name wrong twice. :doh:
yeah Scoggins looks like he's got a hell of a future at only 21. I saw some of his earlier fights on YouTube the other day - guy won his pro debut by Cro Cop style head kick KO in about 30 seconds, pretty impressive.

I actually thought that was Anik messing up the names, but this announcing team is pretty terrible regardless.

the Polish kid Jotko had a nice debut tonight too. And the fence grabbing on takedowns during this event has been nonstop. They really have to get that stopped - I'd like to see an automatic deduction on it.

the Polish kid Jotko had a nice debut tonight too. And the fence grabbing on takedowns during this event has been nonstop. They really have to get that stopped - I'd like to see an automatic deduction on it.
Electrified fence IMO.
either that or make the fence out of poisonous snakes.

"Joe, here's our MetroPCS move of the fight: Koscheck, hoping to stop the takedown, grabs hold of the puff adder instead"

So we've got a has been vs a never was. If Rua has any pride left, he'll bounce back after being embarrassed against Sonnen and win this fight. I wouldn't bet on him though.

Have to love the way Hunt understands how to reserve his energy. He gets the knowckdown on Silva, and simply walks over to fall into guard. Just great stuff from the Samoan

Wow.

Silva stole that round at the end. Hunt needs to finish now to win.
the end of that round was just a mess. Hunt went for the trip, basically tripped over his own feet and Silva ended up on top. I'd love to see how Fight Metric scores that, no way can they give a takedown to Silva

and i have to give it to Valasquez. Silva is taking a lot of shots from Hunt, and Cain has destroyed him with the shots he has thrown.

I want this fight to get fight of the Night so bad, but holy hell is this just a travesty for striking defense or technical striking

ETA: i'll actually give them credit with the technical striking though, Hunt does a great job of conserving his energy and exploding at the right time, and those elbows he threw were a good way to save his hands. I won't be surprised at all if he messed his hand up bad

Users who are viewing this thread