What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

i can't remember a time in UFC history when i was so dis-interested in so many of the champs. I like both women's champs, and Robbie Lawlor and Jose Aldo. But looking at the other classes, especially the 3 heaviest, i don't know if i would be willing to open my wallet to see any of them. Strange, and i don't know why i feel strongly about some of them.
What's your beef with Weidman?

i can't remember a time in UFC history when i was so dis-interested in so many of the champs. I like both women's champs, and Robbie Lawlor and Jose Aldo. But looking at the other classes, especially the 3 heaviest, i don't know if i would be willing to open my wallet to see any of them. Strange, and i don't know why i feel strongly about some of them.
i don't know, and it is a good question. I think it is just how they come off and interviews, and how it seems some sites like MMAfighting, just shove him down your throat. It may have started with him whining about how fans in Brazil cheer on Brazilians, but how Amercians (i.e. those in the USA) do not cheer for all "American" fighters. i really am unsure, he has done a good job evolving his fight style to make it more entertaining to watch. i think it is more of the outside stuff, and maybe it does have to do with the way Luongo and them talked crap on Silva

sad when even the "highlight reel" is a complete snoozefest. i made it about 1/2 way through that ambien replacement therapy before nodding off
Sure you did.
to be honest, all of Cormier's hype is from his HWY days. i didn't see the fight last night to see what can come of that, but baeting Cummings and an ancient MW in Hendo really does not hold a lot of weight. we will see what he can do with Bader, but the LHW division is kind of sparse. would like to see some MWs jump up to LHW to try their hands there, since i think Cormier would be easier than Weidman for most.

and Cormier's run in HWY was all because he was quicker than most and had the cardio. the same thing if most LHW jump to HWY. i don't think he has a big power advantage at either division. the thing is moving to LHW loses the speed advantage he had at HWY, so i don't think he would be undefeated if he hda fought his whole career at LHW.

i could go on and on, but just think he is over-hyped, and will be absolutely unlistenable to now until Jones gets his act together and takes his belt back. I don't think Bader can do it, and i am not sure what to think of Gus considering he was going to retire after his fight with Rumble

the guy i can't figure out, like Ahrn did pointing it out wonderfully with the new title, is Arlovski. In think Browne is a legit HWY contendor, and i'm amazed he got that win. Now they talk about how he shouldn't have even fought because he had a blown calf (not sure what a "blown" calf is, but it can't be good). I don't know how far he can go, but i thought Brown was legit and am wondering where this ends for Arlovski

Other than Jones, I don't see how anyone at LHW even has a chance to beat DC. He didn't beat HWs because he had more speed, he manhandled guys with his power and wrestling. Cormier could make WW with his frame and he was ragdolling guys who were legit 250.

is anybody a DC fan? i just need someone to explain to me how or why? dude just sucks in so many ways. i honestly thought i could never root for Ryan Bader but i don't see how you can't after seeing how much of a #### DC really is:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/24/8652143/daniel-cormier-ryan-bader-get-into-post-fight-press-conference
So Bader, who is basically a nobody in the LHW division, crashes the press conference and Cormier is the ####?
maybe. just seems that DC is super ego-centric. we saw his boy Khabib do it to Pettis, and was much more of a #### about it yelling during the press conference, and Pettis didn't have to stand up and make the whole press conference about him. yelling "this is my press conference" or whatever was a great example of how to be a ####. you could see it with Rumble when he picked up the mic and asked if there were any questions for him so he could move on

Other than Jones, I don't see how anyone at LHW even has a chance to beat DC. He didn't beat HWs because he had more speed, he manhandled guys with his power and wrestling. Cormier could make WW with his frame and he was ragdolling guys who were legit 250.
i was impressed with his fight against Barnett and that was a legit domination. outside of that i'm not sure what other fight was really that good. seeing him against a guy like Werdum would have been good

is anybody a DC fan? i just need someone to explain to me how or why? dude just sucks in so many ways. i honestly thought i could never root for Ryan Bader but i don't see how you can't after seeing how much of a #### DC really is:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/24/8652143/daniel-cormier-ryan-bader-get-into-post-fight-press-conference
So Bader, who is basically a nobody in the LHW division, crashes the press conference and Cormier is the ####?
:goodposting:

Yeah I don't understand it. Bader's been #####ing non-stop about DC ducking him...., ducking him so DC could fight Rumble for the belt :lmao: Great logic Bader. Bader just happen to be attending the post-fight media conference.....

Bader is lucky as #### to even be mentioned in the same breath as a title shot after his 3 round snooze fest vs. Phil Davis. Neither guy deserve to win that.

Go back and watch DC's HWT fights if you don't think the guy is powerful. He pushed every one of those guys around. He's not the most fun guy to watch but he knows what his game is and sticks to it. Guy would have gotten murdered by Rumble trying to strike. I'd like to see a Rumble rematch (or Gustafsson) before Bader. It's going to be a striking that beats DC and that sure the #### ain't Bader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a DC fan really but looks like he was right about Jones (going back to DC calling him a phony) and I have no issue with this. Funny little comment at the end there from Rumble.

:lmao:

That just turned me into a DC fan.
right at the end ''any questions for rumble? " hahaha

Even with DC's heel turn, I still think Bader is a bigger tool. That was hilarious. Bader being pretty much the only option at 205 for a title shot right now is sad.

I'd put my money on Rumble again vs Cormier any day of the week.

i don't know, and it is a good question. I think it is just how they come off and interviews, and how it seems some sites like MMAfighting, just shove him down your throat. It may have started with him whining about how fans in Brazil cheer on Brazilians, but how Amercians (i.e. those in the USA) do not cheer for all "American" fighters. i really am unsure, he has done a good job evolving his fight style to make it more entertaining to watch. i think it is more of the outside stuff, and maybe it does have to do with the way Luongo and them talked crap on Silva
Big fan of Chris. I thought this was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7infXzszY

yup - DC is 15-1 with his only loss a competitive decision to the best fighter in the UFC. Other than that he's cruised through everybody he's faced, and he just dominated one of the scariest dudes around to win the belt. He's gotta be considered a favorite against any fighter at 205 other than Jones based on what he's done in the cage so far.

Even with DC's heel turn, I still think Bader is a bigger tool. That was hilarious. Bader being pretty much the only option at 205 for a title shot right now is sad.
:goodposting: i'm hoping Rashad can come back healthy and get a title shot at 205.

I tell you who i really want to see in a fight is Jay Glazer. I get that the dude works for Fox and hung out with Chuck, but he can be annoying

why? what did you see in this fight that leads you to think that?

Rumble adrenaline dumped over pursuing the finish during first 30 seconds of the fight. At no point in the fight did DC control the stand up and it should have never hit the ground that quick. I give DC an incredible amount of credit for enduring that initial surge because very few men on the planet could. I was also impressed with DC's endurance after what had to be a pretty tough weight cut on short notice. I think he definitely reinforced the "King of the Grind" motto he lives by.

Rumble's fatigue and frustration had him throwing those head kicks his corner was advising him against. He went back to the well on talent instead of technique and it cost him big time. Maybe with more time to prepare for the very different challenge Cormier presented then the Jones fight he wouldn't have made the same mental mistakes. With the Blackzillians hosting TUF and Vitor also preparing for a title fight he may have not received the focus from his camp that he should have. Not an excuse, but a factor in my opinion. That first punch would have decapitated mortal men, if only he had stalked instead of lunged at DC that fight would have been over in less than a minute and we'd be talking about how DC was ever going to be able to win again.

In my perfect scenario, Jones is looking at a 18 month leave of absence. This fall features Cormier destroying Bader and Rumble being matched up with Rampage setting up the rematch.

Middleweight and up has really lost its luster. Very few interesting fights out there. Feather to Welter are still pretty awesome.
Middleweight is still stacked in my eyes. No gimmies in the top 10 except Bisping who wouldn't be if he wasn't pretty much blind in one eye.

Rockhold vs Weidman will be fantastic

Rumble adrenaline dumped over pursuing the finish during first 30 seconds of the fight. At no point in the fight did DC control the stand up and it should have never hit the ground that quick. I give DC an incredible amount of credit for enduring that initial surge because very few men on the planet could. I was also impressed with DC's endurance after what had to be a pretty tough weight cut on short notice. I think he definitely reinforced the "King of the Grind" motto he lives by.

Rumble's fatigue and frustration had him throwing those head kicks his corner was advising him against. He went back to the well on talent instead of technique and it cost him big time. Maybe with more time to prepare for the very different challenge Cormier presented then the Jones fight he wouldn't have made the same mental mistakes. With the Blackzillians hosting TUF and Vitor also preparing for a title fight he may have not received the focus from his camp that he should have. Not an excuse, but a factor in my opinion. That first punch would have decapitated mortal men, if only he had stalked instead of lunged at DC that fight would have been over in less than a minute and we'd be talking about how DC was ever going to be able to win again.

In my perfect scenario, Jones is looking at a 18 month leave of absence. This fall features Cormier destroying Bader and Rumble being matched up with Rampage setting up the rematch.
but thats not what happened :shrug:

I get not finding him exciting or liking his style but he has always seemed pretty likeable. I'm surprised at the hate as well.
don't really care about athletes being likeable, or playing the part of the heel, or any personality trait they may have. I just want to be entertained by them. That's their job. DC is the least entertaining big UFC fighter since Jake Shields

Cormier's last boring fight was against Big Country, a year and a half ago.
Only DCs opponents are making his recent fights even tolerable. He'd love to just do this for 4 minutes, get a couple of takedowns and then hump the guy for the last minute of the round. I'm also not saying he isn't effective, he just does nothing in a fight that interests me. And it's not that i'm looking for strikers only in the UFC. I love BJJ tacticians, or guys who specialize in certain submissions. Fighters who are aggressive on the mat or are always looking to end the fight. DC is a sloth, doing just enough to avoid getting stood up by the ref

I get not finding him exciting or liking his style but he has always seemed pretty likeable. I'm surprised at the hate as well.
don't really care about athletes being likeable, or playing the part of the heel, or any personality trait they may have. I just want to be entertained by them. That's their job. DC is the least entertaining big UFC fighter since Jake Shields
this is pretty much how i feel about Floyd Payweather....but he`s also a douchbag of a person

Helps having a rooting interest when to guys are trying to break each others faces.

Koschek, for example, was a pretty entertaining fighter but I loved cheering against him because he was a giant #####.

Is DC really that boring? He seems more exciting than Rashad was. DC at least seems to work on the ground - albeit some boring ground and pound. Rashad, literally just laid on guys for 3 rounds.

I like them both but I'm not the biggest UFC fan either. What's the beef with DC?

Is DC really that boring? He seems more exciting than Rashad was. DC at least seems to work on the ground - albeit some boring ground and pound. Rashad, literally just laid on guys for 3 rounds.

I like them both but I'm not the biggest UFC fan either. What's the beef with DC?
Evans is far, far more boring. He is the definition of a point fighter.

i am not sure how you can say that. He KO'd Chuck, his head kick to Sean Salmon was one of the most vicious i have ever seen, etc. His fights with Tito and Rampage had nothing to do with lay and pray, and he took Jones for 5 rounds in a pretty good fight.

http://mma-gifs.tumblr.com/post/53654625131/ufn-8-rashad-evans-vs-sean-salmon

there is more i am sure i am not thinking about, but maybe his first 2-3 fights in the UFC had more wrestling, but i certainly would never consider him a lay and pray guy.

and how can we say what DC is? he fought Cummins which was a joke, fought a non-TRT (i believe) Hendo, which if you thought Belfort looked bad let's go back to one of the original TRT users, and Jones. He has barely fought in the LHW division, and his fights at HWY were far from exciting. that Mir-DC fight was one of the worst i can remember over the last few years

Agree. I don't think there is anything boring about the way DC fights. AKA puts their fighters through the ringer when going through camp. DC, Cain, and Rockhold have all been improving together by leaps and bounds. DC has been winning stand up matches against guys with significant size and reach advantages. Besides his last two fights at 205 he hasn't had to try to get the fight to the ground. When he fights Bader I'm going to guess the majority of the likely 1 round fight will be spent standing.

We saw the real DC when he and Jones thought the ESPN cameras were off. He is athletically gifted and extremely intelligent. This heel turn since the Jones loss has been to stay relevant and sell fights. Rumble knew what was up, there was no animosity in the words that DC was saying before the fight, he was just selling the fight. Yelling at Bader about what he was posting on twitter during a press conference was all an act to sell a fight.

I don't get what people are worked up about. Daniel is learning to become a showman. He will make millions more the next few years for doing so. He took a page right out of Chael's book, probably by his encouragement.

You come off looking way more like a phony doing the Jones thing, being a delinquent and acting like you a choir boy. I haven't seen anything from DC that makes me think he is anything but a good guy that is putting on a show.

Yeah - to each their own I suppose.

I like the way DC fights. He doesn't take a guy down and just lay on him (at least in the fights I've seen). He seems to always be working to drop some heavy hands and elbows while smothering them with his size. He must be absolutely exhausting to ground fight with. Seems like he can wear someone out like we have seen in a while at these weights.

Again - all my opinion - you guys know your MMA way more than I, but I'm a fan. :shrug:

I find Cormier to be one of the most likable people in the UFC. His fights aren't always the most enjoyable but I'm much rather watch him than Rashad Evans or Ryan Bader.

ok, ignore a lot of what i wrote above because I do like DC on UFC tonight. i am not sure why he annoys me at times, and i do think a lot of it is that AKA link. and i do think some of what Bader says is true, but the guy can be entertaining (when he is objective and not all over his teammates nuts)

whew, that guy put on a clinic in that fight on the Ultimate Fighter. fun season so far, the team format seems to be a nice change

Jackson just picked Alfaya apart in the stand-up. So bad to the point Alfaya just decided to put his hands down. Alfaya just stood right in front of him all fight. ATT is just getting destroyed. Other than Hayder in last fight, all their fighters have looked like ####

Jackson just picked Alfaya apart in the stand-up. So bad to the point Alfaya just decided to put his hands down. Alfaya just stood right in front of him all fight. ATT is just getting destroyed. Other than Hayder in last fight, all their fighters have looked like ####
it would be great for future seasons if they continue with this is to have the finale in the same mode. give 4-5 fights for TUF guys, but throw out rankings and everything and go full out ATT vs. blackzilians. main event could be Robbie Lawlor vs. Michael Johnson i guess. Have Bigfoot vs. Matt Mitrione (if he still trains at Blackzilians). Eddie Alvarez vs. Thiago Alves. Would be a pretty sweet finale.

ETA: also, if they continue with this i would like to see it once a year maybe. the other TUF set-up was definitely stale, but there aren't a ton of camps who may participate in this or be able to logistically do it (convenient with ATT and Blackzilians so close in proximity), so doing it once a year would keep it special.

yeah, I could see Jimmo getting cut after that performance on top of his comments about the Reebok deal. Condit-Alves and Oliveira-Lentz were awesome though, tons of heart from the losers of both those.

Noons needs to go back down to 155, I don't think he's big enough or fast enough anymore to handle 170.

Bektic and Till are a couple of great looking prospects. Dalby also looked pretty slick offensively but his defense needs some work.

Users who are viewing this thread