What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (1 Viewer)

Awful split decision win for Alvarez. Did nothing with any of the takedowns he landed. Not sure how you can have given him the 3rd. 2 "takedowns" that weren't even finished, nor yielded a dominant position or even any offense at all should not win a round. Other than that, pushing against the cage while Gil picked him apart.

Cain looks exhausted. Never thought I'd see it even with layoff. How the hell did he not train at altitude for this? [On the other hand, I expect Rashad to need oxygen tank with his first fight back.....if he ever returns]

Werdum working Cain in the standup.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it Werdum/Miocic next?

I seem to remember Werdum saying that if he won the UFC title he would retire, but it seems like he said that a while ago. Hopefully he sticks around for many years to come.

I seem to remember Werdum saying that if he won the UFC title he would retire, but it seems like he said that a while ago. Hopefully he sticks around for many years to come.
Werdum is smart. He is going to fast track Arvloski to the title match. Leaving Miocic vs Rothwell for an eliminator?

The bright side to Cain losing for the UFC, is they can put JDS in a title fight again.

how the hell do they try to push Cain as "the baddest man on the planet" when he has only fought the same 2 guys (JDS and Bigfoot) since mid-2011? I really would love Jones to come back to the UFC as a HWY, thus giving the finger to DC to not let him get a rematch, and taking the belt from Cain immediately
:coffee:

ETA: didn't see the fight, but talk of the baddest man on the planet has been premature for a long time

Werdum is smart. He is going to fast track Arvloski to the title match. Leaving Miocic vs Rothwell for an eliminator?
give Cain Mark Hunt, and JDS can fight loser of Miocic-Rothwell?

ETA: though Scoobus is right, Miocic deserves first shot at title

Verdum is the giant slayer; first Fedor, now Cain. Very entertaining fight; a ton of action. It looked like they were fighting in slow motion at times in the 2nd. He absolutely stuck that choke.

how the hell do they try to push Cain as "the baddest man on the planet" when he has only fought the same 2 guys (JDS and Bigfoot) since mid-2011? I really would love Jones to come back to the UFC as a HWY, thus giving the finger to DC to not let him get a rematch, and taking the belt from Cain immediately
:coffee:

ETA: didn't see the fight, but talk of the baddest man on the planet has been premature for a long time
They've always called the Heavyweight champ that. Its a title that goes along with holding the UFC belt at the highest weight class.

The 02 Arena in Berlin this Saturday can sit 17,000 for a concert, for 14,500 for a basketball game.

I'm thinking they use the smaller cage here which would lead to a slight uptick in finishes. Can anyone confirm this one way or another leading up to the fights?

It'll be JDS getting the title shot. He just beat Miocic (although that was close as hell) and hasn't lost to anyone except Cain in the UFC. Plus he KTFO Werdum years ago so that helps the promotional angle. I'd guess Cain vs Stipe for next crack after that, and maybe Rothwell vs Arlovski.

It'll be JDS getting the title shot. He just beat Miocic (although that was close as hell) and hasn't lost to anyone except Cain in the UFC. Plus he KTFO Werdum years ago so that helps the promotional angle. I'd guess Cain vs Stipe for next crack after that, and maybe Rothwell vs Arlovski.
I really doubt JDS is going to get cleared for a fight anytime soon. His face his still swollen from the Miocic fight. Stipe is going to get the high hat as the young guy of the bunch. I'd bet dollars to pesos that Arlovski is the next title fight.

I really doubt JDS is going to get cleared for a fight anytime soon. His face his still swollen from the Miocic fight. Stipe is going to get the high hat as the young guy of the bunch. I'd bet dollars to pesos that Arlovski is the next title fight.
Could be Arlovski certainly -- if they want to milk him for a title shot they'll need to avoid putting him in against the top guys who will derail him. In terms of "deserving" the shot, though, IMO it's very clear that Cain, JDS, and Stipe > Arlovski, Rothwell, etc. Not that that always means a ton...

Don't see how Cain survives another round of that. Crazy that he didn't train in altitude for this.
Yep, I think he showed up in Mexico City 2 weeks before fight, and even then his camp had to beg to get him there. I guess he bought into his own cardio hype.

Don't see how Cain survives another round of that. Crazy that he didn't train in altitude for this.
Yep, I think he showed up in Mexico City 2 weeks before fight, and even then his camp had to beg to get him there. I guess he bought into his own cardio hype.
i really, really, hope that this is not the excuse we have to hear for the next few months everytime they talk about this fight. Werdum seemed to light him up quite a bit, and had Cain staggering a few times. Werdum was the better fight, whereever this fight may have taken place. Ring rust could be a factor, but in the 2nd round would be something i don't think i have seen before.

Awful split decision win for Alvarez. Did nothing with any of the takedowns he landed. Not sure how you can have given him the 3rd. 2 "takedowns" that weren't even finished, nor yielded a dominant position or even any offense at all should not win a round. Other than that, pushing against the cage while Gil picked him apart.
is this you Sheer? http://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/14/8777709/ufc-nate-diaz-calls-out-#####s-anthony-pettis-and-eddie-alvarez-to-a-fight-mma

I know you are an East coast guy, but man it would be fan-f'n-tastic if it was.

and I'm an Ariel fan, but he can be annoying. maybe it is just when he is with the Diaz brothers. Dude does love to draw up drama and create stories. he is like a middle school kid just talking #### to push 2 other kids to fight

To be fair, JDS was a worthy adversary until Cain beat the life out of him.

Think about how cocky Cormier is. They asked him on twitter what would be the right line for a matchup with Cain and DC said Cain -400. I say he is every bit worthy of the praise.
well, the hate for Cain is strong in myself. let's see tonight, though i do think Jones destroys him fairly easily
Without Cain dealing with some type of injury? No way jose, Cain would brutalize Jones.
out of curiosity, you still think the fight would go like this. for me, my perception of Cain hasn't changed (i.e. i don't think he is a bum now or anything, just a good HWY who matches up very well with a lot of the slower, heavier HWYs). i think it would be a good fight, and i will be impressed with Cain if he can run over Miocic

Wish I'd posted here backing Werdum pre-fight. I did expect him to win, in large part due to Cain's constant wear-and-tear and ring rust, but still figured it would be a tough fight. Super happy for Werdum. Only thing that could make me happier in MMA would be Aldo MDKing McGregor next month.

Wish I'd posted here backing Werdum pre-fight. I did expect him to win, in large part due to Cain's constant wear-and-tear and ring rust, but still figured it would be a tough fight. Super happy for Werdum. Only thing that could make me happier in MMA would be Aldo MDKing McGregor next month.
what is super refreshing is Rafael Cordeiro and the rest of the team not running their mouths everywhere and jumping in interviews every chance they get. I hope AKA learned their lesson about running their mouths so much pre-fight, but I know they haven't.

so funny thing about the AKA camp, and i believe this kind of stuff happened before when Koscheck and Fitch were more of the faces of that camp. i know they had some animosity at some point, and you can see how this stuff can happen. i've heard multiple times this week how Javier Mendez had to beg Cain to train in Mexico 2 weeks before the fight, kind of pointing a finger at Cain for not thinking it would be an issue or preparing right.

well, i'm watching a pre-fight interview with Luke Rockhold and he talks about how Cain tried to get there early, but he had no one to train with and that Luke was the only one who went down so they came when they did.

this is a great example of why the AKA camp gets under my skin.

Users who are viewing this thread