What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

Someone likely already posted this so please ignore if so.

UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes drew 950k PPV buys.

There have been 46 PPV's since January 2011 and this was tied with UFC158 (GSP vs Diaz) for the second highest behind UFC 168 (Silva vs Weidman II)

:lmao: Red head #####ing about the stoppage.

Gimme a ####### break. He wasn't defending himself whatsoever. He was completely out of it as the ref stopped it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT........THE............####?!? Did they really just rule that fight against Michael Johnson? One of the worst decisions I've seen. Right up there with Bisping/Hamill off the top of my head. I had it 3 rounds to zero for Johnson. Only round you could give to Dariush is Round 3.

They did mention during the 3rd that the shots landed were nearly equal didn't they? Not saying Johnson didn't win in my eyes though.

BillyBarooo said:
Palhares stripped of title and banned from WSOF.

He would be the absolute last guy I'd want to face in a cage.
does anyone have a video link to this fight?
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/3/9090431/the-dangers-of-rousimar-palhares-and-the-kimura-submission/in/8856028

Haven't seen any clips/pics of the eye gouging.
Portugese announcers.

RP is about the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYfInweClg
RP deserves what he got, but Shields also deserves every L he catches. Every. Single. One. Guy has no business being in an event that people pay to watch, be it consumers or advertisers.
L = Loss?

the weigh in picture was correct but the fight picture was not. She wore a different outfit against Correia in the fight
Of course, since they have to wear the reabok stuff but the fight pic in the weight cut pic is showing the difference typically seen between weigh in and fight day. No shock really but it is a stark difference.

Didn't even realize there were fights last night. Guess I didn't miss anything.

That statement has become all too familiar...

I saw the Monster energy drink logo on some fighters' and ringer girls clothes. Are they official sponsors now too?

ugh, sounds like Werdum's first match as Hwy champ is against Valasquez. Absolutely no reason for the rematch, Cain was dominated for most of that fight. Wasn't like Cain was a dominant champ either. Seems like lazy match making, or even worse, i honestly feel like the UFC put so much money marketing Cain and trying to pump him up to be this dominant champ that he gets to get this auto-rematch. Really think Stipe has earned this shot much more than Cain, pretty big b.s. if you ask me

ugh, sounds like Werdum's first match as Hwy champ is against Valasquez. Absolutely no reason for the rematch, Cain was dominated for most of that fight. Wasn't like Cain was a dominant champ either. Seems like lazy match making, or even worse, i honestly feel like the UFC put so much money marketing Cain and trying to pump him up to be this dominant champ that he gets to get this auto-rematch. Really think Stipe has earned this shot much more than Cain, pretty big b.s. if you ask me
I'm almost always OK with an ex-champ getting an immediate rematch, especially if they've had some title defenses.

I'm almost always OK with an ex-champ getting an immediate rematch, especially if they've had some title defenses.
i can see for guys like Anderson Silva and GSP. you can justify for Barrao too. I'd say Aldo, Jon Jones, Rousey are in the category too. but out of all the champs, i would say Cain is the least deserving of an immediate rematch. it just makes no sense at all, and i hope Werdum wins so they can keep the division moving. what do they do if Cain wins, give Werdum an immediate rematch? he beat him decisively already, would certainly seem to warrant it

Cain doesn't deserve an instant rematch based on his last performance and time off issues. It is incredible, this is who the guy has fought the last six fights:

JDS

Silva

JDS

Silva

JDS

Werdum

And now Werdum again.

Is this the heavyweight division or a circle jerk.

No problem with Cain getting rematch. Bigger issue is can he bounce back from a cardio standpoint with all this time off. That's what separated Cain from everyone in the division. His non-stop pushing the pace.

Can't really argue for Stipe either IMO. He lost to JDS. Cain completely dominated JDS for 10 straight rounds. If want to argue anyone (outside Cain), JDS should be next. Only guy JDS has lost to in 8 years is Cain.

It's a 2 horse race IMO right now for title shot (JDS/Cain). The fashion in which JDS lost to Cain it's hard to argue him over Cain.

SIDA! said:
kutta said:
modogg said:
Cain doesn't deserve an instant rematch based on his last performance and time off issues. It is incredible, this is who the guy has fought the last six fights:

JDS

Silva

JDS

Silva

JDS

Werdum

And now Werdum again.

He won the title and then defended it twice, and then lost. I have no problem with him getting an instant rematch.

If he had lost his first title defense, that would be different.

SIDA! said:
kutta said:
modogg said:

JDS

Silva

JDS

Silva

JDS

Werdum

And now Werdum again.

He won the title and then defended it twice, and then lost. I have no problem with him getting an instant rematch.

If he had lost his first title defense, that would be different.
Here is an article that makes a pretty solid case for the rematch. I can't really disagree with much of what they say:

5 Reasons Why Cain Velasquez Deserves a Rematch with Fabricio Werdum

From the piece

We get that people are kind of tired of seeing Cain Velasquez fight the same guys over and over. It does get a little old. But, wanting to see a fight just because you are tired of seeing the same match ups doesn’t mean the other guys are more deserving.

And it also doesn’t mean that more people are going to buy the PPV.

It just means it is kind of like when the teacher intentionally ignores the smart kid with his hand up on every question because she wants to hear from another kid.

Like Chris Rock would say, “I am not saying I agree with people wanting someone else other than Velasquez, but I understand.”

I can't think of anyone in the HW division more deserving than Cain. If you just want to make a different match, then JDS is next since Werdum got KTFO by him last time they met. But if JDS wins that sets up ANOTHER JDS - Cain match...

Rousey vs. Holly Holm Jan. 2nd

Not sure what happened to the Tate fight. Holm evidently only has two underwhelming wins so far in the UFC. She's an accomplished boxer though.

Khabib Nurmagomedov / Tony Ferguson TUF 22 finale Dec 11

[SIZE=15.0000009536743px]Ferguson's been on a roll. Wouldn't be surprised if he beat [/SIZE]Nurmagomedov after all the time he's had off.

Any of you guys ever plan a trip to Vegas for one of these? I'm thinking of going out for the McGreggor fight on 12/12

Any of you guys ever plan a trip to Vegas for one of these? I'm thinking of going out for the McGreggor fight on 12/12
I've been to three of them in Vegas. I'm blessed with a wife who loves both MMA and Vegas so it's an easy sell. It's lots of fun. You are best off sitting up a little higher in the lower section. It's kind of a pain to see through the fence, and there are a lot of seats in the mid rows (around row 16 if I remember correctly) where the top of the cage blocks your view of the fighters' heads.My wife just got us tickets to the Bellator event in Phoenix in September. Row 4 on the floor. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to three of them in Vegas. I'm blessed with a wife who loves both MMA and Vegas so it's an easy sell. It's lots of fun. You are best off sitting up a little higher in the lower section. It's kind of a pain to see through the fence, and there are a lot of seats in the mid rows (around row 16 if I remember correctly) where the top of the cage blocks your view of the fighters' heads.My wife just got us tickets to the Bellator event in Phoenix in September. Row 4 on the floor. :banned:
Any way to get tickets out of the box office or am I dammed to paying scalpers?

Also it seems like MGM has room/ticket packages for some events. Anything to see here?

i was really geared up on the idea of going out to dallas...and I am interested in doing vegas for this fight. really interested.

Also it seems like MGM has room/ticket packages for some events. Anything to see here?
We usually buy ours online through Fightclub.

We stayed at the MGM once when fights were there, but didn't go for any special deals. It is awesome staying at the hotel where the fights are - there are lots UFC guys hanging around all the time, and it is super convenient.

kutta said:
The Ref said:
kutta said:
The Ref said:

We usually buy ours online through Fightclub.

We stayed at the MGM once when fights were there, but didn't go for any special deals. It is awesome staying at the hotel where the fights are - there are lots UFC guys hanging around all the time, and it is super convenient.
every card i've went too i got tickets through fight club. might be $80 or something but was worth it when i did it. this was years ago, but they had the info for all stuff around the card too

I was reading that fight club doesn't really work all that well and is dominated by scalpers.

Anyone use it recently?

No problem signing up for the $75 so long as it works.

Nice interview there. "I'm sorry, I speak French." Okay, how about blah blah? :oldunsure: Okay, let's check out your handiwork. :mellow:

Missed all of the undercard tonight. Moroz/Letourneau underwhelmed, missed a killer instinct. Aubin-Mercier put in a vintage Sherk grappling display (not a compliment). At least Massaranduba had a hell of a showing. Hope that kicks things into gear, 'cause the last two fights have reliably exciting dudes, and I guess Coté/Burkman COULD be good.

Users who are viewing this thread