What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

I laughed when Conor said Faber could not afford his snake shoes and Faber just shrugged.

From what I have read, Faber's business sense is excellent and has a very high net worth.
"Py-TON? I don't even know what a PyTON IS!"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

EDIT TO ADD: I loved the "high heel" dress shoe crack, too!
hmm, i think Faber is coming off as his typical #####-baggy self. not in necessarily a bad way, just more like a dork. his whole "that guy is a mix of Channing Tatum and Wahlburg" was a great example. then him having to keep mentioning it and laughing at his own jokes seemed typical

but i'm enjoying the season so far too. i think one reason is that it isn't the same as we just saw. would like to see team vs team and this format rotate
Conners comment to faber ''you look like a 50 yo retired skateboarder '' was the best line yet
agreed. he is just much wittier. Faber with the "orange cotton-candy" made no sense, and Conner just smacked him with that afterward.

as for style, i am not sure. My wife laughed most of the episode with Conner's skinny jeans

I laughed when Conor said Faber could not afford his snake shoes and Faber just shrugged.

From what I have read, Faber's business sense is excellent and has a very high net worth.

hmm, i think Faber is coming off as his typical #####-baggy self. not in necessarily a bad way, just more like a dork. his whole "that guy is a mix of Channing Tatum and Wahlburg" was a great example. then him having to keep mentioning it and laughing at his own jokes seemed typical

but i'm enjoying the season so far too. i think one reason is that it isn't the same as we just saw. would like to see team vs team and this format rotate
Conners comment to faber ''you look like a 50 yo retired skateboarder '' was the best line yet
agreed. he is just much wittier. Faber with the "orange cotton-candy" made no sense, and Conner just smacked him with that afterward.

as for style, i am not sure. My wife laughed most of the episode with Conner's skinny jeans
I hate those things. Ugh!

By the way, here is a link to a little bit of the Tuf Talk between Faber and McGregor. Just a two minute portion. Wish I could find more of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCotqtsT2Hc

Interesting comments by Faber regarding McGregor's approach to coaching during TUF. Seems to hint or suggest that Conor really was there for Artem and lends credence to McGregor whining about Artem being off the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4p9EdlC9c
i don't really see anything wrong with that. Faber's career is done so he is setting up for his next phase. Conner is in the prime, he is there doing a favor for the UFC, he doesn't really gain much doing TUF

just caught up with the first 2 TUF eps.

I am hitching my wagon to Ryan Hall. Love oddball guys like this who completely go against the meathead stereotype grain and also do what they say they are going to do. Remains to be seen how he fares as his opponent level ramps up quickly -- but so far I've loved both his fights. That 50/50 game is crazy. The 2nd fight he had (first real fight after his win to get on the show) the dude was defending well, rolling into and through the position as he should have been and Hall just stayed with him the entire way until he ran out of real estate to wiggle with. Just awesome to watch.

"People don't think jiujitsu be like it be, but it do" :lmao:

and LMFAO at CmcG telling Faber to get up into the ring in a bikini and "shake your chin around for us"

Last edited by a moderator:

That also jumped out at me. Faber has supposedly done everything right with building his brand and setting himself up for the future with his gym, his team, clothing lines, and the rest of it. I'm sure Connor just got a bigger single payday than Faber has probably seen, but I'd still take Faber's current bankroll over CmcG's if forced to choose.

Nice hearing the Professor and Mauro again with this Bellator broadcast
think this is my last Bellator show. the novelty has worn off, and the biggest for me is that they seem to be taking themselves way more serious than they should be. and they are bringing in some of the dopes from the old Pride days, the same that ruined it in the first place.

they are setting up Fedor vs (probably) Randy for NYE. A for effort, but honestly i have no desire to see either of them fight again.

if you missed the show, don't worry you really didn't miss anything. I REALLY hope none of the MMA sites suggest that Phil Davis is back now too. i was cool laughing with them the first 2 times, but this one is just sad

ugh, why is Randy being shown with an 18 year old. is this his 4th wife? and Tito's promo now for the fight... :no: :mellow:

Rule #1 of the land: Never give Tito Ortiz a mic
:lmao: big head doesn't even need a mic to be funny. i like him telling Liam that he is the best because Tito brought his best and couldn't win. the line was Liam -1200

ETA: and him trying to the belt on Liam, what a joke. stealing the spotlight from McGeary's win with these fools Tito and Davis.

Nice hearing the Professor and Mauro again with this Bellator broadcast
they are setting up Fedor vs (probably) Randy for NYE. A for effort, but honestly i have no desire to see either of them fight again.
easily 2 of the top 10 all time MMA fighters ..... Fedor was likely the best ever before he lost it like 5 years ago. If this was 2005 would be maybe the biggest mega fight ever in MMA -- right now barely a whimper as both are 10 years past their prime. Sad - as Fedor should beat the hell out of his manager/Promoter for keeping him away from the UFC - so many great fights that could of happened and didn't.

That also jumped out at me. Faber has supposedly done everything right with building his brand and setting himself up for the future with his gym, his team, clothing lines, and the rest of it. I'm sure Connor just got a bigger single payday than Faber has probably seen, but I'd still take Faber's current bankroll over CmcG's if forced to choose.
I love watchign Connor fight as it's always fun to watch but I plan on putting a nice sum down on Aldo as somehow Aldo is the under dog and he WILL KO Connor. As for Faber - he has indeed done everything right - dude doesn't need to fight again - he already has one of the best gyms out there with TOP talent like Dillashaw, Mendes, and new "hot" MMA fighter Van Zant that looks like the GOT dragon girl. No chance Connor has even half the money that Faber has.

Y'all catch any of WSOF 23 this weekend? Gaethje and Palomino had another wild fight ending with a brutal KO. Love that Gaethje always comes in ready to dish out massive amounts of pain.

That's how that fighter described himself... Faber thought it was ridiculous so he ridiculed it.

Really just tired of the ufc and Dana. I really hope an alternative does challenge them for top spot. I think there's definitely an opening for a company to do just that. Particularly with Dana in charge

Really just tired of the ufc and Dana. I really hope an alternative does challenge them for top spot. I think there's definitely an opening for a company to do just that. Particularly with Dana in charge
I really liked the Bellator event before the last one, but this last one was a clunker. they have the talent and I like some of the extra stuff they do, like the fighter intros, but if they rely on gimmicks like combining MMA with kickboxing, nobody will take them seriously.

it is weird how i enjoyed the first 2 shown under Coker, but this one i didn't really enjoy at all. i think it just was a nice nostalgia at first, but they can't keep using that card. they certainly have deep pockets, how an organization justifies paying 300K to Ortiz in 2015 i have no idea:

Main card (Spike TV)
Liam McGeary ($50,000 + no win bonus = $50,000) def. Tito Ortiz ($300,000)
Phil Davis: ($65,000 + $65,000 = $130,000) def. Francis Carmont ($17,000)
Josh Thomson ($10,000 + no win bonus = $10,000) def. Mike Bronzoulis ($10,000)
Phil Davis (tournament finalist) def. Emanuel Newton ($70,000)
Muhammed Lawal ($15,000 + no win bonus = $15,000) def. Linton Vassell ($30,000)

Preliminary card (MMA Fighting)
Gabriel Carrasco ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Joe Neal ($2,000)
Adam Piccolotti ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Salvador Becerra ($1,750)
Thomas Diagne ($3,000) vs. Mike Malott ($2,000) ruled a draw
Francis Carmont (tournament finalist) def. Anthony Ruiz ($5,000)

Thought I would see some chatter about TUF in here. Really kind of surprised by the lack of interest.

I think it is has been a great season. The banter between Faber and McGregor is awesome.

just caught up with the first 2 TUF eps.

I am hitching my wagon to Ryan Hall. Love oddball guys like this who completely go against the meathead stereotype grain and also do what they say they are going to do. Remains to be seen how he fares as his opponent level ramps up quickly -- but so far I've loved both his fights. That 50/50 game is crazy. The 2nd fight he had (first real fight after his win to get on the show) the dude was defending well, rolling into and through the position as he should have been and Hall just stayed with him the entire way until he ran out of real estate to wiggle with. Just awesome to watch.

"People don't think jiujitsu be like it be, but it do" :lmao:
Wow, I love this guy. I see a LOT of Nick Diaz in him (I know ACP is a big Diaz supporter too). The jitz, the way they talk... there's a stark difference in intelligence, or maybe it's just social class... but there's a lot of overlap too.

I'm real impressed and and hitching the wagon as well... hope to see him catch many more subs in the future.

Thought I would see some chatter about TUF in here. Really kind of surprised by the lack of interest.

I think it is has been a great season. The banter between Faber and McGregor is awesome.
There was recently. Everyone that posted about it seems pretty geared up for this season.

Conner last night was amazing. I don't think they've ever had the little box corner cam on a coach for so long during a match. He was losing his mind, rightfully so. That fighter was just not listening to anyone. In the corner too with his full attention, Conner says stay on your feet...the dude shoots right out of the corner and takes guard LOL. I hope it doesn't penalize the guy who won in the end. The after fight hallway chat with Faber was great too. They really hit a home run with these coaches....and when TJ shows up it's gonna get real good.

yeah, this TUF is a great season. in previous seasons, when there weren't any interesting personalities, I would forward through everything just to get to the fights. now I watch everything. Conor & Faber both have different, but engaging, personalities.

I enjoyed watching 1st episode. Thought were some great fights. Will catch up to new episodes now that you mntioned it. Just really burned out on ufc in general. If someone doesn't mention show/event anymore I usually don't catch it.

Re: TUF episode 3, the CMG fighter kept shooting for the take down (missing by a mile) and pulling guard... just a horrible,terrible strategy. Pit-stain McG definitely lost his cool but the guy did not listen one time. "Stay on your feet! Stand up!"

Tank Abbott: I'll Beat Ronda Rousey, Then She'll Make Me A Sandwich The former UFC fighter has challenged Rousey to a $100,000 bout.

whata tool

Two thoughts:

Really enjoying this season of TUF. Love me some Ryan Hall - amazing BJJ.

Joe Warren makes Ben Askren look like Anderson Silva.

This Ryan Hall kid is fascinating.

I think I have seen every episode of TUF over the years and I am struggling to ever remember the edit showing the coaches wanting to learn from one of the fighters.
I'm curious to see what else he has in his bag of tricks.
I'm very surprised people don't know who Ryan Hall is. He was originally known for using the inverted guard to triangle black belts while only being a purple belt himself. He didn't invent 50/50, but he has done more to develop it than anyone else.

And remember the video a few years ago where two couple are sitting in a booth at a restaurant and some dude comes up and starts arguing with them. Then one of the guys sitting ends up choking out the dude right before the cops get there? That guy in the booth was Ryan Hall.

Unless Hall can't take a punch, he will win this competition with ease.

This Ryan Hall kid is fascinating.

I think I have seen every episode of TUF over the years and I am struggling to ever remember the edit showing the coaches wanting to learn from one of the fighters.
I'm curious to see what else he has in his bag of tricks.
I'm very surprised people don't know who Ryan Hall is. He was originally known for using the inverted guard to triangle black belts while only being a purple belt himself. He didn't invent 50/50, but he has done more to develop it than anyone else.

And remember the video a few years ago where two couple are sitting in a booth at a restaurant and some dude comes up and starts arguing with them. Then one of the guys sitting ends up choking out the dude right before the cops get there? That guy in the booth was Ryan Hall.

Unless Hall can't take a punch, he will win this competition with ease.
i forgot about that video, good call. i'm trying to remember which recent fight had the 50/50 in it and everybody joked at it cause it looked kind of homo-erotic. just looked it up, it was Michael Chiesa : http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/18/4344612/ufc-on-fx-8-results-fighters-react-on-twitter-mma-news

good job by the ref in the first fight here. don't agree with him stopping the fight like that, but that was the first time i remember hearing a ref apologize to a fighter like he did for stopping it for an injury and he seemed aware of it all. just nice to see a ref say he may have messed up, and at least here the mess up was for the fighter's safety

Users who are viewing this thread