What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Official mancrush topic (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Back in the day mine was LaDainian Tomlinson - I had an unnatural obsession with LT2.  :wub:

These days I'm crushing hard on David Johnson.  :wub:

A little man-crush is nothing to be embarrassed about - come on, spill the beans - who's your bae for 2016?  

Back in the day mine was LaDainian Tomlinson - I had an unnatural obsession with LT2.  :wub:

A little man-crush is nothing to be embarrassed about - come on, spill the beans - who's your bae for 2016?  
Yupp I loved LT2 as well. Drafted David Johnson with the #2 pick this year.

:wub:

I haven't been able to land him yet but I'm also crushing on Keenan Allen - his upside in PPR is ridiculous. 
Allen was inconsistent last year. He would go off with elite numbers one week and disappear the next. Seems a little brittle too. Gordon should be better this year so they wont have to air it out so much.I have drafted WR heavy the last two years with good success. There just aren't that many truly elite backs out there. So I reached a tad for David Johnson at the 2 slot this year. Deshaun Jackson can be had late and Baldwin is cheap too. Along with TY Hilton. Went RB WR WR RB RB this year and had a good haul! Wide receivers are plentiful as are QBs. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Evans. Being a Bucs fan also contributes to this, but I truly think he's in for a monster year.
I live in Tampa and had Evans for half his rookie year. I was very disappointed with his drops last season. If he can catch the ball he will be dangerous. Old man Vjax and ASF aren't gonna be threats to his touches and Winston has a rocket arm. I stayed away this year due to his drops. Like Baldwin TY Hilton and DJAX better at lower prices.

It may not be super obvious, but if you really look hard enough you can see there is a guy on the boards who really likes Josh Gordon. It may be hard to see, but if you really look for it... you can see it.

I really like Allen Robinson too. He reminds me of Dez Bryant without the drama. I see some are calling for a TD regression but I think he has the skills and connection to his QB that results in big numbers.

I live in Tampa and had Evans for half his rookie year. I was very disappointed with his drops last season. If he can catch the ball he will be dangerous. Old man Vjax and ASF aren't gonna be threats to his touches and Winston has a rocket arm. I stayed away this year due to his drops. Like Baldwin TY Hilton and DJAX better at lower prices.
Yea, the drops last year definitely were frustrating. Him and Winston also could not connect on the deep ball last year and left a lot of big plays on the field. Mike looks like a different man this year though as he's slimmed down about 15-20 pounds and I don't believe he has dropped a ball all pre-season. It just seems like he's more dialed in and focused. Winston and him look to have much better chemistry too as they have connected on deep balls multiple times this pre-season so I think this is his breakout year. Like you said, the targets behind him aren't big threats so he should see a very healthy amount of targets. 

Yea, the drops last year definitely were frustrating. Him and Winston also could not connect on the deep ball last year and left a lot of big plays on the field. Mike looks like a different man this year though as he's slimmed down about 15-20 pounds and I don't believe he has dropped a ball all pre-season. It just seems like he's more dialed in and focused. Winston and him look to have much better chemistry too as they have connected on deep balls multiple times this pre-season so I think this is his breakout year. Like you said, the targets behind him aren't big threats so he should see a very healthy amount of targets. 
Yup and he ain't gonna come cheap either

Hmmm

Well I owned AB three years running, got him at 1.04 last year

Really no one this year - Hopkins / Ingram / Freeman / Landry / Olsen are all nice players but I'd trade any of them

Hmmm

Well I owned AB three years running, got him at 1.04 last year

Really no one this year - Hopkins / Ingram / Freeman / Landry / Olsen are all nice players but I'd trade any of them
Had him two years in a row when I went zero RB strategy. Worked well but now that everyone's on it I took David Johnson in the 1st. Plenty of solid WRs to be had in the third-fifth rounds.

It may not be super obvious, but if you really look hard enough you can see there is a guy on the boards who really likes Josh Gordon. It may be hard to see, but if you really look for it... you can see it.
 The Amari Cooper topic seems to  have quite a bit of   :wub:   as well. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm starting to  crush on Gordon a little bit too.  :wub:

With my last draft coming up on Monday, I've started mocking taking Gordon and the sixth or seventh to see what would happen… I like the results so far. 

Wilson for sure. He is a dual threat QB, who has not even reached his full potential yet. His escape ability is 2nd to none.

Own him in all three of my leagues.

Wilson for sure. He is a dual threat QB, who has not even reached his full potential yet. His escape ability is 2nd to none.

The man crush can be dangerous for lack of diversification. 

But I understand your  :wub:   completely.

Dude was bunk first half of the year last year. I waited almost to the point where everyone else drafted a starter AND a backup. Ended up with Brady in the seventh and Cousins in the 12th. Stafford went undrafted and finished QB10. Where are you drafting Wilson?

Has "/thread" ever actually ended a thread? 

One more  :wub:  for my boy Snead. I write his name with a ❤️ instead of an "a". 

Lol ... No, not ever has /thread ended a thread. I'll take a demerit on my FBG card for that.

love that Snead is your guy ... Really like home too - protected him over Tate just last night. More to do with $$ over talent.

but curious to hear why you want to French him so much

but curious to hear why you want to French him so much
He's my boo. lol 

Seriously though, I think he's the true WR2 in New Orleans - Brees trusts him, and he runs crisp routes. He's also a guy who has a knack for splitting defenders and getting open, both traits that bode well for him in the Saints offense. I picked him up last year and it seemed like he could have had an even bigger season. I suspect the presence of Thomas actually helps Snead more than hurts him by adding one more viable target for DBs to concern themselves with. Cooks will draw the best defender, possibly even a double, while Thomas takes another - Snead gets what, safety covering him? That's just unfair.  

I have him projected at 72/940/6 this year. Strong PPR WR2 with low-end WR1 upside should an injury hit someone in the Saints receiving corps not named Snead. 

He's my boo. lol 

Seriously though, I think he's the true WR2 in New Orleans - Brees trusts him, and he runs crisp routes. He's also a guy who has a knack for splitting defenders and getting open, both traits that bode well for him in the Saints offense. I picked him up last year and it seemed like he could have had an even bigger season. I suspect the presence of Thomas actually helps Snead more than hurts him by adding one more viable target for DBs to concern themselves with. Cooks will draw the best defender, possibly even a double, while Thomas takes another - Snead gets what, safety covering him? That's just unfair.  

I have him projected at 72/940/6 this year. Strong PPR WR2 with low-end WR1 upside should an injury hit someone in the Saints receiving corps not named Snead. 

No.

He's Lance moore only not as good.  With fleener and Thomas there now I bet snead is a shaky wr3 and not an every week starter

Hot Sauce Guy said:

A lot of us loved LT2. 

Right now, Mariota.  Great guy, fun to watch, elite talent, plays for my favorite team and will bring them back to the top.  

Also love watching cam but that's not a full man crush due to his antics. 

need2know said:
No.

He's Lance moore only not as good.  With fleener and Thomas there now I bet snead is a shaky wr3 and not an every week starter

Why ya gotta break my heart like that? :(

That said, I disagree - Fleener has been totally inconsistent with drops and Thomas is a talented young WR, but a young WR nonetheless. QBs develop chemistry. You must not have been paying attention to the week 3 dress rehearsal. IMO in the end zone Thomas is a great target, but between the 20s it's the Cooks/Snead show. Fleener is more likely to be the odd man out than he is to be the next Ben Watson.  I was high on Fleener, before he reminded me that he's just not that good through every bit of preseason action. So inconsistent that the Saints coaches have been talking about it frequently 

But he's my crush - you don't need to love him. I think he's far better than Lance Moore. 

Users who are viewing this thread