What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (9 Viewers)

Pulisic has now played the most minutes of his career across all competitions this season. He is at 3147 minutes and still has 5 league matches left to add to this total, which is very likely to be the highest minutes he will achieve ever even in the future.

Weston, Jedi, Haji and Dest all did the same this season in hitting career high minutes.

I keep forgetting Reynolds. And keep forgetting that he's still young enough for the Olympics.

I think he been getting good PT in... Belgium? Anybody following him more closely?
I forgot about him as a potential backup at RB, even after I posted about him starting yesterday.

I'd be semi-excited about him being Scally's backup. It seems as though in terms of level of competition (and success there) and current form, he's not clearly worse than anyone else we'd be considering. And in terms of skillset, if you squint, you can view him as a poor man's Dest...and a change of pace from Scally if we need a goal late in a game.

That said, no idea if GGG will choose him above Yedlin or (god forbid) Shaq Moore...and although Reynolds has looked much more more dangerous attacking than Scally when I've watched them play, I'm not sure that there's anything in the data that really bears that out.

McKennie, Reynolds, Yow and Zahiroslam all started this afternoon. Weah on bench.
Weah in as a substitute and then gets the assist.
Fantastic assist
"Fantastic" is a wee bit higher than id rate it tbh. He was in a great open spot and did what everybody's taught to do from there... Drive it low and hard across goal and hope somebody's foot puts it on frame.
As a sub, first touch of the game, and being as important as it was, I'll stick with fantastic.

McKennie, Reynolds, Yow and Zahiroslam all started this afternoon. Weah on bench.
Fantastic assist
"Fantastic" is a wee bit higher than id rate it tbh. He was in a great open spot and did what everybody's taught to do from there... Drive it low and hard across goal and hope somebody's foot puts it on frame.
As a sub, first touch of the game, and being as important as it was, I'll stick with fantastic.
I'm wrong, you're right.

I didn't even realize that goal sent them to the finals, despite the loss.

Fantastic assist
I'm wrong, you're right.

Whoa.... I'm definitely not used to hearing that. Much more used to saying it.

Fantastic assist
I'm wrong, you're right.

Whoa.... I'm definitely not used to hearing that. Much more used to saying it.
Yes, dear.

.....................Turner
............CCV......Ream......Richards
...................Musah.....Weston
Weah:.................................................Jedi
............................Reyna
...................Pulisic.......Balogun

I saw something similar online the other day and I like the formation -- in fact I think you have to do something like this if Reyna's on the field -- but I really don't like McKennie in that role. I'd prefer another defense-first guy. Finding a home for both McKennie and Reyna at the same time is hard IMO.

Catching up on some things after being gone for a while.

Absolutely gutted by the Dest injury. He was probably my favorite player other than Pulisic. And so important to us having any chance in the final 3rd. ACL is not a good injury long term for his style of play either, such a bummer.

To me the replacement answer is obvious. Weah. That still gives us attack from our fullbacks, and it's not like there's a step down from Dest defensively.

Up front, it gives us the opportunity to get both Reyna and Tillman on the field, even if there is some overlap in their preferred position.

I'm glad to see Tillman finally getting some real love in here. I've always thought he was underrated since he was on the Rangers, just out there producing day after day. Now he's out there in a champions league knockout game as the focal point of the offense when down a goal with elimination at hand, and they're funneling the ball through him and he's creating opportunities. They trust him with that, but we can't find a spot for him in the starting lineup on the national team?

Users who are viewing this thread