What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USC Pro day coverage (1 Viewer)

sib

Footballguy
anybody know if the USC pro-day will be covered on NFL Network or anything? if it is can folks who have nfl network share info on how Bush/Leinart/White perform?

I just checked. The pro day is not listed on the NFL network's schedule. Anyone with info on how Bush and White are doing please post.

Let's call these numbers very unofficial. They're second hand from an obscure USC/Rivals message board.

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

eta: The same numbers are now at KFFL, NFLDraftCountdown, and a Texans message board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's call these numbers very unofficial. They're second hand from an obscure USC/Rivals message board.

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33
If those are true... :o

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33
If those are true... :o
None of the numbers would surprise me, but all of them together are :eek: He's a powerhouse in the weightroom. Tomlinsons said as much when they were working out together last summer. He jumps like a kangaroo on the football field. I have no doubt he is significantly faster than Maurice Drew.

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

eta: The same numbers are now at KFFL, NFLDraftCountdown, and a Texans message board.
Wow. Eye popping.

I hesitated to post that, because it's all coming from message boards, but I guess someone "there" phoned the #s in to whoever posted them first (I think the Texans message board was first).

These numbers could be bogus.

Holy crap
Another message board is now reporting Winston Justice had a 39' vertical and put up 38 reps, which if true might be the most ridiculous workout I've seen this draft- Tight Ends from Maryland included.

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

What about that shuttle?

Nothing on cone or shuttle.]

Still sketchy sources.

LenDale White will not workout. Sore hammy.

Leinart 37" vert.

Bing 4.53 40 after a slow start gave him a 4.63 on his first attempt...

Holy crap
Another message board is now reporting Winston Justice had a 39' vertical and put up 38 reps, which if true might be the most ridiculous workout I've seen this draft- Tight Ends from Maryland included.
He's a beast.His vertical was 35 at the Combine.

Holy crap
No kidding. That's almost as good as Superman. You must mean 39", not 39'.

The numbers all seem valid. Scout.com is reporting the same.

Dominique Byrd 16 reps, 36" verticle, 9'8" broad

Taitusi Lutui 26 reps, 32" verticle, 8'6" broad

Fred Matua 25 reps, 30" verticle, 8'7" broad

Bush's 40 times - 4.33 & 4.37

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

Wow...been doing spring projects outside all day, came in and saw these numbers. :eek: ...Houston is no doubt going to start contract negotations tomorrow :yes:

Let's call these numbers very unofficial.  They're second hand from an obscure USC/Rivals message board.  Reggie BushBench - 24 repsBroad - 10'8"Verticle - 40.5"40 - 4.33eta:  The same numbers are now at KFFL, NFLDraftCountdown, and a Texans message board.
Wow...been doing spring projects outside all day, came in and saw these numbers. :eek: ...Houston is no doubt going to start contract negotations tomorrow :yes:
If these numbers hold up, they are truly amazing. Any one of them would be great. Together ther are outstanding. I don't think anyone has ever done 24 reps on the bench with his speed and jumping ability. Those things are usually mutually exclusive.

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

If these numbers hold up, they are truly amazing. Any one of them would be great. Together ther are outstanding. I don't think anyone has ever done 24 reps on the bench with his speed and jumping ability. Those things are usually mutually exclusive.
He is still too small and fragile though... built like a WR and cant make it at the next level as an every down RB..... :rolleyes:

Reggie Bush

Bench - 24 reps

Broad - 10'8"

Verticle - 40.5"

40 - 4.33

To top it all off, some working stiff reporter is going to have to buy a soon to be millionaire, Bush, a steak dinner.

from nfl.com

The results …

SOUTHERN CAL: APRIL 2

They ran outdoors on AstroTurf, which was a fast surface. All 40-yard dash times were clocked electronically, which historically adds about 8/10 of a second to the actual time. For instance, if someone ran the 40 in 4.50 seconds, it really means he ran it in about 4.42 seconds.

Player Position Gil's comments

Darnell Bing S Bing (6-1¾, 225) ran his 40s in 4.63 and 4.53. Had a 10-foot-5 long jump, 38-inch vertical jump, and 21 lifts.

Reggie Bush RB Bush (5-11, 202) ran his 40 in 4.33. Had a 10-foot-9 long jump, 40½-inch vertical jump,.

Dominique Byrd TE Byrd (6-2 7/8, 258) ran his 40s in 4.81 and 4.79. Had a 36½-inch vertical jump and 16 lifts.

Winston Justice OT Justice (6-6¼, 320) had a 34½-inch arm length, 39-inch vertical jump, and 38 lifts

David Kirtman FB Kirtman (5-11½, 232) ran his 40 in 5.15, but that was the only time he ran it and it was slow due to the effects of a previously pulled calf. had a 34½-inch vertical jump and 26 lifts.

Matt Leinart QB Leinart (6-5 5/8, 224) had a 9-foot-6 long jump and a 37-inch vertical jump.

Taitusi Lutui OT Lutui (6-3½, 330) ran his 40s in 5.42 and 5.33. Had a 8-foot-6 long jump, 32-inch vertical jump, and 26 lifts.

Tom Malone P Malone (5-11 1/8, 204) only did the bench press because he wanted to be fresh for the punting drills. He had 14 lifts.

Fred Matua G Matua (6-2 3/8, 301) ran his 40s in 5.06 and 5.19. For a guy over 300 pounds to run a 40-yard dash in a theoretical time under fiv seconds, then he made a lot of money today and will shoot up draft boards. He also had a 30-inch vertical and 26 lifts.

Frostee Rucker DE Rucker (6-3¼, 261) ran his 40s in 4.80 and 4.81. Had a 9-foot-7 long jump and a 35-inch vertical jump.

Scott Ware S Ware (6-1¼, 213) had a 36½-inch vertical jump. He did not run.

LenDale White RB White (6-0¾, 244) had 15 lifts, but didn't do any vertical or long jumps. He did not run.

Justin Wyatt CB Wyatt (5-9 1/8, 189) ran his 40s in 4.74 with a bad start but managed a 4.63 with a good start. Had a 10-foot-1 long jump, 40-inch vertical jump, and 14
Does the bold mean Reggie's time is really a 4.25?? :o

Some comparatives that I looked up on Profootball Weekly (which just summarized combine results). These are recent "workout warriors" or highly regarded RBs that also worked out well:

Name - Reps - 40 Time - Verticle - Broad Jump

Tatum Bell - 25 - 4.37 - 38.5" - 9'9"

Ronnie Brown - 18 - 4.43 - 34" - 9'9"

Caddy Williams - 19 - 4.43 - 35.5" - 9"10"

Justin Fargas - 27 - 4.40 - N/A - 11"5'

Oh, and the incumbant

Dominick Davis - 22 - 4.63 - 32.5" - 9'4"

Just a few recent datapoints

Beast. His numbers rival Tomlinson's.
Do you by any chance have Tomlinson's?
I don't actually have them on hand, but I think he ran a 4.4 40 and jumped 41" in the VJ. I don't remember his results in the broad jump. For comparison's sake, here are the numbers from some recent top RB prospects (40 - vertical leap - broad jump):

William Green - 4.60 - 42" - 10'1"

Clinton Portis - 4.42 - 39" - N/A

Chris Brown - 4.52 - 39.5" - 10'5"

Larry Johnson - 4.43 - 41" - 10'4"

Justin Fargas - 4.35 - 40" - 11'3" (anyone wonder why I still hype this guy?)

Lee Suggs - 4.45 - 36.5" - 10'0"

Kevin Jones - 4.60 - 38" - 10'8"

Julius Jones - 4.50 - 37.5" - 10'1"

Chris Perry - 4.56 - 34.5" - 10'4"

Cadillac Williams - 4.50 - 35.5" - 9'10"

Cedric Benson - 4.61 - 33" - 9'8"

Ronnie Brown - 4.48 - 34" - 9'9"

Reggie Bush - 4.33 - 40" - 10'8"

As you can see, Bush's marks are exceptional. No one on the above list had a better 40 time. Only William Green and Larry Johnson had better vertical leaps (Fargas is tied with Bush). Only Fargas had the better broad jump (Kevin Jones tied Bush). The broad jump figure is especially impressive when you consider that Bush is only 5'11" and that, all else being equal, this drill tends to favor taller players.

What we can take from these numbers is that Reggie Bush appears to have an exceptional physical skill set to match his exceptional hype and on-field performance. He posted elite marks in every drill, suggesting that he is exceptionally explosive.

so does this put justice in top 10...

assuming davis was off the board, & ARI is on the clock & cutler is available & they like him... but they like justice, too...

who do you pick if you are denny green?

or if you are DET & you could have those two plus your choice of huff...

who do you pick if you are millen...

BUF has pick of ngata, bunkley or justice...

what does marv do...

it looks like there were two beasts at the USC pro day today... :)

* those numbers must smoke consensus #1 OT ferguson... of course, he has them in the intangibles department... so i don't see justice leapfrogging him... but clearly this could move justice up some team's boards... i'm not sure scouts were prepared for that stupefying a workout...

If this doesn't convince folks that Bush has all the tools to be not just a good running back at the NFL level, but an elite one than nothing will.

Not only is his vision and cutting ability second to none but his workout was phenomenal and he is a hard worker to boot. I'm excited to watch him play this season. It's going to be fun.

Winston Justice is also on the path to a tremendous NFL career. He is very athletic and only needs a little refining in his technique to become an elite tackle as a pro. This is a great draft for offensive linemen and Justice coule be one of the top two when it's all said and done.

By the way, LenDale White didn't work out. This was a terrible decision by White. He claims to have a sore hamstring, but I have a hunch that some slow 40 times (4.7 maybe) convinced him to drop out. We'll see what happens with him, but his stock will take a big hit if he doesn't take care of this problem quickly.

By the way, LenDale White didn't work out. This was a terrible decision by White. He claims to have a sore hamstring, but I have a hunch that some slow 40 times (4.7 maybe) convinced him to drop out. We'll see what happens with him, but his stock will take a big hit if he doesn't take care of this problem quickly.
White sure isn't impressing this off-season. I don't know how much to make of this, but I just heard that he isn't expected to work out before the draft. He will be working out privately for a few teams, but nothing like Maroney did when he missed his Pro Day. I think the "NFL reaction" is worth waiting for before jumping to negative conclusions, but I'm not sure.

White sure isn't impressing this off-season. I don't know how much to make of this, but I just heard that he isn't expected to work out before the draft. He will be working out privately for a few teams, but nothing like Maroney did when he missed his Pro Day. I think the "NFL reaction" is worth waiting for before jumping to negative conclusions, but I'm not sure.
I can't think of another top RB prospect who hasn't held a workout of some sort. It sure seems like White's trying to hide something.

Justice is looking more like a franchise tackle by the day. He's a certain top 10 pick, and any of Buffalo, Detroit, or Arizona would be lucky to get Justice at a pick later than tackles of his quality usually last.

Bing's numbers are very solid and match up with his heat seeking missile reputation. He's firmly in that 20-60 overall tier that will yield some very nice players. He's behind Michael Huff, Jason Allen and probably Donte Whitner, but is still an impact safety as good as any in last year's draft. The decision between the top 3 and Bing would be tougher if Bing was more durable because he is the only one with the size to leave craters when he hits a receiver.

Byrd's stock is at a low after a Senior Bowl performance that helped him gain momentum. I still feel Byrd and Marcedes Lewis will be productive NFL TEs despite sluggish 40 times. They are both natural receivers with talent that doesn't show up in timed drills. Byrd seems to have a knack for finding space in the deep zone that I think will translate in the pros. He also displays some wicked body control at times. Motivation questions seem to be dogging him.

Leinart is plenty athletic, even if you shave a little off those numbers, and that's not considered one of his stronger attributes. I still firmly feel he is a true franchise QB and the easy first pick of the QBs in this draft. The Saints are loving life, having the choice of taking Leinart and putting Brees right back in the situation he came from (brutal) or trading down to an eager team and likely STILL landing a franchise player such as Ferguson or Hawk. Fans should be jazzed even if all they do is just take Ferguson, he's as much the real deal as Leinart is, and would keep Brees jersey clean for a long time. Great break for the franchise that literally weathered the storm last year.

I don't know how the incomplete picture of White that has emerged from this all-important pre-draft period will affect his stock. Post-Rose Bowl, I was convinced that White was a top 15 player. Now it seems a lot more feasible that he could fall to a winning team in the later half of the first as there is some negative buzz and a perceived bust risk if you believe the rumors (some believe this is a smokescreen and they could be right) - The results would be a potential instant fantasy atomic bomb of epic proportions at a destination like Denver, New England, Carolina, or *gasp* Pittsburgh.

I can't think of another top RB prospect who hasn't held a workout of some sort. It sure seems like White's trying to hide something.
And for the conspiracy theorists: It's possible that a team has already given him a first round guarantee. I know that some NBA prospects have been known to shut down their workout process after receiving guarantees.

NFL | L. White a limited participant at Pro Day

Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:57:23 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports USC RB LenDale White measured 6-0 3/4 and weighed 244 pounds at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. White had 15 lifts, but didn't do any vertical or long jumps. He did not run.

What is his normal playing weight?

NFL | L. White a limited participant at Pro Day

Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:57:23 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports USC RB LenDale White measured 6-0 3/4 and weighed 244 pounds at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. White had 15 lifts, but didn't do any vertical or long jumps. He did not run.

What is his normal playing weight?
For as impressive as Bush was, White was unimpressive. He'll be lucky to figure into the final third of the 1st round at this juncture.

Justin Fargas - 4.35 - 40" - 11'3" (anyone wonder why I still hype this guy?)
Because he can jump over the bench to fetch Jordan a gatorade rather then having to run around it???

And for the conspiracy theorists: It's possible that a team has already given him a first round guarantee. I know that some NBA prospects have been known to shut down their workout process after receiving guarantees.
Just like Braylon Edwards had to return his Dolphins jersey to Foot Locker after the draft last year.

Users who are viewing this thread