What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Using Twitter to gain insight (1 Viewer)

Some others:

chargers

buffalobillscom

PantherTalk

nfltweets

CFTalk

SportsGrumbling

Pro_Athletes

ProFootballTalk

nfl

FootballPost

Last edited by a moderator:
If won Powerball, I'd use some of my funds to start a media organization called "Truth or Tweet" and take a bunch of these journalists who are seeing the state of their profession change before their eyes and have them investigate which of these tweets from individuals are truth or b.s.

Better yet, there should be a humorous, coach-speak twitter that tweets witty translations of what an organization, coach, or player really means.

Matt Waldman said:
If won Powerball, I'd use some of my funds to start a media organization called "Truth or Tweet" and take a bunch of these journalists who are seeing the state of their profession change before their eyes and have them investigate which of these tweets from individuals are truth or b.s.Better yet, there should be a humorous, coach-speak twitter that tweets witty translations of what an organization, coach, or player really means.
Very true. I think it's going to change how we get real(er)-time FF info and breaking situation news. I'm anticipating using it to beat a few leaguemates to the wire for a couple hot FA pick ups during the season or even game-time decision injury sit/starts. You have to think these news hounds can poke out a quick tweet on the PDA before sites can even publish the breaking info or they get on camera to "break it". That exta 5 min. could mean the difference!

shawnemerriman

Greg_A_Bedard

terrellowens81 - a freak to be sure

davidclowney

RashadJennings

kerryrhodes - he was all over the tv today

JasonDavis43

fschannel

sj39 = Steven Jackson

jamthedirtybird - jamal anderson

ProFootballTalk - usually tweets stuff just posted on the site but sometimes sneaks breaking info up

LATimesfarmer -- Sam Farmer - LA Times

Mark_Sanchez

AlvinKeels - Keels is Leon washington's agent

mortreport - Mortenson has been better this year

NickBarnett

ChansiStuckey

richeisen - routinely tweets during shows and when things are breaking

RosenhausSports

MatthewHass008 - Matt hasselback

DUSTINKELLER81

jamiedukes - also tweets during and around shows - constantly reacting to news

NFLprguyRT

MattMaiocco - great 49ers news

QBKILLA Warren Sapp

themightymjd

thecooleyzone - love me some Chris Cooley

SI_PeterKing

TheAudible

jwill6 = Jason Williams

And I like to think - ThunderingBlurb - is worth a look. I try to tweet as stuff happens when I see it.

One more, although he doesn't tweet often:

Mike Hollis

Thanks to @KickingWorld for the following article link

NCAA clarifies Twitter rules for coaches

College coaches have a little clarity now about what they can and cannot do on Twitter. As reported by ESPN, the NCAA considers Twitter to be a blog, which means similar rules apply to what coaches can and cannot do on Twitter and a site like Facebook. Any kind of chatter that can be viewed by the public is not allowed. But direct messaging is allowed. If only the two people communicating can see the posts, it's OK. So on Facebook, a coach can use the messaging function, but can't write on people's walls. The issue came up a few weeks ago when Indiana coach Tom Crean tweeted, "I appreciate how many people are following me on this. Please remember that I cannot read or respond to replies. NCAA rules." Turns out Crean was right. "We view that option on Twitter the same as we view normal e-mails," Cameron Schuh, Associate Director of Public and Media Relations for the NCAA, told ESPN. "It's just you can't post those (direct messages) on your main page." "We view Twitter as a blog. As long as coaches are on there talking about what they're doing with their day and how their practice went or things like that • not getting into specific terms, that's fine. They can't talk about a person they're recruiting, or they can't use it to talk about their whereabouts on a recruiting trip."
link

One more, although he doesn't tweet often:

Mike Hollis

Thanks to @KickingWorld for the following article link

NCAA clarifies Twitter rules for coaches

College coaches have a little clarity now about what they can and cannot do on Twitter. As reported by ESPN, the NCAA considers Twitter to be a blog, which means similar rules apply to what coaches can and cannot do on Twitter and a site like Facebook. Any kind of chatter that can be viewed by the public is not allowed. But direct messaging is allowed. If only the two people communicating can see the posts, it's OK. So on Facebook, a coach can use the messaging function, but can't write on people's walls. The issue came up a few weeks ago when Indiana coach Tom Crean tweeted, "I appreciate how many people are following me on this. Please remember that I cannot read or respond to replies. NCAA rules." Turns out Crean was right. "We view that option on Twitter the same as we view normal e-mails," Cameron Schuh, Associate Director of Public and Media Relations for the NCAA, told ESPN. "It's just you can't post those (direct messages) on your main page." "We view Twitter as a blog. As long as coaches are on there talking about what they're doing with their day and how their practice went or things like that • not getting into specific terms, that's fine. They can't talk about a person they're recruiting, or they can't use it to talk about their whereabouts on a recruiting trip."
link
Hadn't even though of that - thanks so much for posting it. Very interesting.

"Today was a blast for me. We had two field goal periods and put in a bunch of fakes so I got to run and throw the ball. Most fun I've had."

- from Jay Feely this afternoon

Well, I'm now up to 12 followers, although at least two are spam. It probably won't be long until I catch up to Rich Eisen and Britney Spears. Kickology Twitter
how do you know its spam and what do you do about it? what are they spamming? does it matter?
Spam probably isn't the correct/current term. I was referring to anyone whose tweets are all links trying to sell something. Since you don't have to read their tweets it doesn't matter, unless you are concerned about anyone else out there on the web falsely assuming you have some connection to the spammer. If for example someone starting following me that is trying to sell anti-kicker merchandise, I could consider "blocking" them.

Well, I'm now up to 12 followers, although at least two are spam. It probably won't be long until I catch up to Rich Eisen and Britney Spears. Kickology Twitter
how do you know its spam and what do you do about it? what are they spamming? does it matter?
Spam probably isn't the correct/current term. I was referring to anyone whose tweets are all links trying to sell something. Since you don't have to read their tweets it doesn't matter, unless you are concerned about anyone else out there on the web falsely assuming you have some connection to the spammer. If for example someone starting following me that is trying to sell anti-kicker merchandise, I could consider "blocking" them.
Anti-kicker merchandise? :thumbup: Is that like Gary Anderson in the NFC Championship game against the Falcons? Or other sordid Kicker incidents?

So I don't know about all of you, but I'm entirely addicted to Twitter.

I think it's fantastic and following some of the following NFL personalities is more entertaining than I can put into words. But before I go to the list....how is it possible that Adam Shefter isn't on Twitter??? Mort is on there, and very good, so why not Adam? Maybe because he hasn't officially started at ESPN yet?

Anyway, some Twitter folks that are just hilarious:

Rich Eisen - Very entertaining and informative too. Much like his on-air performance nightly, he seems very personable.

Peter King - This guy opens his mouth and I learn something new...EVERY time. Love him.

Terrell Owens - I never learn ANYTHING when he opens his mouth, but he's like a child...a big dumb rich child, and it makes for good reading.

Chad Johnson (oops, I mean Chad Ochocinco) - This guy LOVES twitter and posts constantly. He has vowed to Tweet DURING NFL games this year. I'm sure the No Fun League will step in and stop him from this threatening and league impacting act. (read: sarcasm)

Jamie Dukes - Seems to think he knows an awful lot more than I seem to think he knows.

Randy Cross - Opinionated and intelligent. I like him on Sirius NFL Radio in the mornings too.

Totally agree..

Other players that are on twitter that post often:

Stephen Jackson

Nick Barnett

Larry Fitzgerald

Shawne Merriman

Jay Feely

Torry Holt

Kerry Rhodes (quiet since the small legal issues at his place)

Chris Cooley

MJD (rarely posts)

Randy Moss (rarely posts)

Other sports personalities that I like to follow on Twitter

Bill Simmons

Andrew Siciliano

Mike Fabiano

Adam Schein

Some post more than others...but it is a cool way to stay on top of these guys...and they often send messages back and forth and if you are following both you see what they say...

I posted this in the other Twitter thread, but thought I should drop this here. Some of these have been mentioned already

Totally agree..Other players that are on twitter that post often: Stephen JacksonNick BarnettLarry FitzgeraldShawne MerrimanJay FeelyTorry HoltKerry Rhodes (quiet since the small legal issues at his place)Chris CooleyMJD (rarely posts)Randy Moss (rarely posts)Other sports personalities that I like to follow on TwitterBill SimmonsAndrew SicilianoMike FabianoAdam ScheinSome post more than others...but it is a cool way to stay on top of these guys...and they often send messages back and forth and if you are following both you see what they say...

Chad Ochocinco should be followed by all of you. He's nuts. He now wants to be called Estaban.

He asks people for a ride home from mcDonalds at 2am. He announces the route he will jog on.

He should actually be careful sharing so much about his life. Crazies out there.

I like Adam the best of all the "update" guys, I posted on his twitter page when I saw he was on and he actually replied directly to me which I thought was very cool. I didn't realize he will be reporting for ESPN starting in mid August.

Chad Ochocinco just predicted 1700 yards from Frank Gore in a tweet about 5 mins ago. He's totally loving Twitter.

Totally agree..Other players that are on twitter that post often: Stephen JacksonNick BarnettLarry FitzgeraldShawne MerrimanJay FeelyTorry HoltKerry Rhodes (quiet since the small legal issues at his place)Chris CooleyMJD (rarely posts)Randy Moss (rarely posts)Other sports personalities that I like to follow on TwitterBill SimmonsAndrew SicilianoMike FabianoAdam ScheinSome post more than others...but it is a cool way to stay on top of these guys...and they often send messages back and forth and if you are following both you see what they say...
Links?How do you know when you have the real one?

OGOchocinco I had to drop him,, the guy doesn't do anything else all day it seems. I look in on Tweeter maybe once or twice a day, and there's 4 pages of babble from Chad to wade through.

Same for Rich Eisen. Too much, it's like Twitter diarrhea between those two.

I enjoy QBKILLA Warren Sapp, it's fun trying to figure out just what the hell he's talking about. (Typical Sapp tweet- "You ever try them things, them red ones? OOOOO dats what I mean about them things! HOLLA!", or "Shower gel. It burn! HOLLA!")

However, Bang Cartoons can be found at BCRH. :)

Shameless, I know

~Bang

Users who are viewing this thread