What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vacationing with a newborn + toddler? (1 Viewer)

I'd recommend a local beach. Your kids are going to make a trip to an exotic location a waste for you and they don't care. JR just told me last week that we didn't need to fly anywhere because they have a beach and a pool in Port Aransas.

Long weekend without the kids. Anything else is a poor return on your investment. They won't care about going some place new, may even dislike it, and it will negatively impact your experience,
Again, it comes back to my wife not feeling great about leaving the baby that long, and also us not feeling comfortable strapping some family member with not one but TWO kids while we're off getting hammered on a beach. So really this is about finding a way to make a vacation for us work.

You will spend several thousand dollars for a trip where about 30 to 45 minutes of the trip are truly awesome. That's a little more truly awesome time than you'd get at home. It's your call if it's worth it.

It gets better,but it will seem like that better time is a long, long time away
This is sort of where we come out I think. It seems to me if we pay to bring help along it's doable, just a question of whether it's worth it. On the one hand, we're thinking let's go for it, on the other, we're thinking hell, by the time the newborn can fly, it will basically be the start of summer here anyway, and aren't we better off just staying put and taking the kids a bunch to our local bay beach 10 minutes away, or to the ocean beach 30 minutes away, and not spending all that money/dealing with the travel hassle.

I'd recommend a local beach. Your kids are going to make a trip to an exotic location a waste for you and they don't care. JR just told me last week that we didn't need to fly anywhere because they have a beach and a pool in Port Aransas.
Read my mind.

Getting talked out of this.

Long weekend without the kids. Anything else is a poor return on your investment. They won't care about going some place new, may even dislike it, and it will negatively impact your experience,
Again, it comes back to my wife not feeling great about leaving the baby that long, and also us not feeling comfortable strapping some family member with not one but TWO kids while we're off getting hammered on a beach. So really this is about finding a way to make a vacation for us work.
oh I get why you don't want to do it, I would be stunned if you find a way to make it work. Good on you if you do though.

A three day weekend seems like more work than it is worth, and I generally agree with the idea with the poster that said you're going to be basically doing what you do at home, just paying more to do it.

That said, I once took a road trip from St. Paul MN to Hilton Head SC, driving, with a 12 month old, a 3 year old, and an 8 year old. Having survived that, I believe anything can be done that you set your mind to.
I've traveled all over the world with my daughter while she was under five, but wouldn't think of flying somewhere for a three day weekend.
Don't know if you had a second in tow... but travelling with 1 kid is exponentially easier than travelling with two.

Read my mind.

Getting talked out of this.
weather's getting a little "nicer" at least.... might placate the wife?

Imo

Not worth it to go through everything for a 2 night weekend.

Much rather get away and change scenery with a 2-5 hour car ride.

Great Wolfe lodge has indoor water park in the Poconos

Newport RI

Cabin in the country

Montreal

Cape May

Just don't think I'd go through the trouble and expense of dealing with airports for 2 nights just to get some sun that you are going to have to hide form cause of the newborn anyway but a road trip getaway would be worth it for me

A three day weekend seems like more work than it is worth, and I generally agree with the idea with the poster that said you're going to be basically doing what you do at home, just paying more to do it.

That said, I once took a road trip from St. Paul MN to Hilton Head SC, driving, with a 12 month old, a 3 year old, and an 8 year old. Having survived that, I believe anything can be done that you set your mind to.
I've traveled all over the world with my daughter while she was under five, but wouldn't think of flying somewhere for a three day weekend.
Don't know if you had a second in tow... but travelling with 1 kid is exponentially easier than travelling with two.
we got our last one in at Hilton Head when our oldest was two and she was six months pregnant. Not planning another for a long time. Doing a long weekend in Michigan soon, but no kids.

Users who are viewing this thread