What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

vick vs KC (1 Viewer)

Yep and the KC D is pretty good. I see Vick taking a lot of hits again, but still throwing for 300 and 2TD.

I am sitting Vick for kap, KC defense is legit and add on top of that the coach knowing most of the players weakness and strengths, also Thursday night games typically produce about 75% the production Sunday games do. I think you gotta bench him if you can afford to he was drafted as a backup in most leagues so if you have a stafford or romo ahead of him I think you gotta start them. Jmo

I'm having trouble deciding between Vick and Wilson v. JAX. I hate Thursday games and going against Reid is just another oomph.

Who are you guys starting Vick over?

I really want to start Vick, but I'm probably rolling with Stafford.vs the Skins. That's a great match up.

I didn't even think about Vick going up against Reid!

This in combination with it being a thursday game makes we look at my other options: Bradford @DAL and Rivers @TEN.

I have Vick starting in both my big money leagues. I also took him on a few of my Fanduel teams.

With that said, I've had a dream TWO nights in a row of him getting hurt this week. I know, I know... I'm a sick individual, dreaming of fantasy football. :)

Vicks numbers will be determined by KC. If they decide to keep a safety back to stop the pass, McCoy will have a field day. If they bring a safety up to stop the run, Vick will have a field day. It's going to be hard to pick how the Eagles individual players will do from week to week because it really depends on the defensive gameplan.

Last edited by a moderator:
More than likely starting him over Pryor. Unlike others who got Vick as a backup, he was my target the whole time. Thankfully both rosters are loaded for the most part at WR & RB, so I don't need otherworldly production from my QB.

Pryor has a solid matchup and should see a lot of prevent D, but I don't know how I sit Vick at this point.

Not to highjack, but are people benching KC DST? It seems like they're a legit D, with a pretty good schedule down the road. Not sure I like this matchup though with Vick, McCoy, and Jackson looking good. THoughts?

The over/under for this game is 50.5.....yeah, I would not bench anyone except for maybe the defenses! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to highjack, but are people benching KC DST? It seems like they're a legit D, with a pretty good schedule down the road. Not sure I like this matchup though with Vick, McCoy, and Jackson looking good. THoughts?
I just picked up the KC D. I don't think Vick is going to make it through this game, he's getting crushed out there. Their schedule looks good and they have a late bye.

I see this game as a runner's game. I think the Chiefs will handle DJAX better than they handled Dez and I have to think that KC lays some hits on Vick tonight. THis just has the smell of one of those games where Vick gets his bell rung and begins that next 2-4 week period where he is questionable.

Has anyone heard if Flowers is playing? May be a good determining factor if Flowers is not playing and a banged up Dunta Robinson is starting.

Flowers is questionable. Haven't heard anything yet.

This has the smell of a Chiefs defense that is feeling pretty good about itself (maybe a little too much), and goes on the road on 3 days rest and gets steamrolled. I just don't feel good about them yet.

I don't think this game is close. Something like 37-10 Eagles. I'd start Vick.

The problem with this game is whether the Chiefs focus on the run or pass. Eagles might have a great game, but it may be a show for McCoy.

I don't think the chiefs are going to shut down the eagles... they might not even be able to slow them down. But I don't see any way the chiefs are held to only 10 points.

Kansas City has played the Jaguars and the Cowboys - so I don't think they have the amazing defense everyone is giving them credit for.

With that being said, I believe their greatest strength are their edge rushers - Hali and Houston.

As an Eagles fan, my hope is the Chip Kelly tempo will be able to slow down their pass rush like it did to the Redskins.

Starting Vick over Luck in two leagues. Vick looks sharp and his passes are very accurate. He has the supporting cast and I think he'll do 300/2 tonight with 1 rushing TD.

Vick over Brady.

The Thursday night siren song may strike again, as it burned me last week and cost me a one-point loss.

oswizzle said:
Vick is going to run wild tonight... Lots of Rushing Yards coming
That is right. His rushing total will make his start worthy.

He'll throw a bunch of picks, get behind and the 2nd half he'll heat up in passing.

He'll end up with 3 total tds, 250 plus passing and over 100 yards rushing with 3 ints and lose. Philly fans will be mad along with opposing fantasy owners.

oswizzle said:
Vick is going to run wild tonight... Lots of Rushing Yards coming
That is right. His rushing total will make his start worthy.

He'll throw a bunch of picks, get behind and the 2nd half he'll heat up in passing.

He'll end up with 3 total tds, 250 plus passing and over 100 yards rushing with 3 ints and lose. Philly fans will be mad along with opposing fantasy owners.
lol - so true

Shutout said:
I see this game as a runner's game. I think the Chiefs will handle DJAX better than they handled Dez and I have to think that KC lays some hits on Vick tonight. THis just has the smell of one of those games where Vick gets his bell rung and begins that next 2-4 week period where he is questionable.
Kinda went the way I expected. I think, going forward, the shine is off this Philly offense, sans McCoy. I think teams have clearly opened up the recipe book on keeping this team off the field and controlling the ball and then, when on defense, doing what they always do and take advantage of Vick who tries to do it all on one play. They disguise the defense and give him that momentary pause and that is just enough to lay the hits on him and sooner or later, he breaks.

I'm thinking a guy like Foles would be better for this offense as it is built.

McCoy is just pure fun to watch unless you are playing against him.

Users who are viewing this thread