What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick will be Andy Reid's next scape goat mark it down. (1 Viewer)

Examples of Vick not audibling doesn't hold much since prior to the game it was known the offense was going to be reeled in and the coaches would play things closer to the vest. Which with that OL seems damn near impossible

the Eagles are supposed to be the elite.
Really? I don't think anyone thought this coming in to the year. Outside of delusional Iggle fans anyway.
Well them and the owner (quotes in my sig). Plus after 14 years we expect better than falling short of the WC.
The only way they're going to get any better is if they get a gift from Santa Claus. But after the way they've treated him...Good luck with that.

the Eagles are supposed to be the elite.
Really? I don't think anyone thought this coming in to the year. Outside of delusional Iggle fans anyway.
Well them and the owner (quotes in my sig). Plus after 14 years we expect better than falling short of the WC.
The only way they're going to get any better is if they get a gift from Santa Claus. But after the way they've treated him...Good luck with that.
Oh i get it...A 45 year old joke. :rollseyes:

The Vick slappies in this thread are something else. The season's shot, why not see what you have in the rookie QB? He can't do worst than Vick has been. What's the worst that happens? He's ineffective at recognizing shifts in the defense? Throws as many interceptions as TDs? Can't run the offense effectively? Sounds like his floor is what you already have in Vick. This way you get to try him out before the start of the 2013 season.

The Vick slappies in this thread are something else. The season's shot, why not see what you have in the rookie QB? He can't do worst than Vick has been. What's the worst that happens? He's ineffective at recognizing shifts in the defense? Throws as many interceptions as TDs? Can't run the offense effectively? Sounds like his floor is what you already have in Vick. This way you get to try him out before the start of the 2013 season.
No it isn't. It's a slim chance but it's still a chance. They could definitely go on a run and make the playoffs. They have several division games left on schedule.

What's comical is seeing Vick begging to keep his job . . .

hello??? If your team is underperforming, and on this team you are playing the most important position in sports, then maybe, just maybe, you are part of the problem.

This would be a good spot to start Foles. McCoy should be able to run on a pathetic Saints D all day and Foles won't be asked to do much except manage the game. It would also give him some experience running the offense in preparation for two divisional games coming up (Dallas/Washington). You give Foles an opportunity to put up some stats and earn a win against a weak D. This could win him some support in the locker room, and won't hurt him with the fans when he runs out of the tunnel in Philly as the starter against the Cowboys in week 10.

The sad reality is that the most likely scenario has Vick starting and playing good enough to win against the Saints. The following week Vick is predictably ineffective against the Cowboys and Foles relieves him at halftime. Sets up Foles to fail against two divisional opponents, which would effectively lose Reid control of the team.

No it isn't. It's a slim chance but it's still a chance. They could definitely go on a run and make the playoffs. They have several division games left on schedule.
:goodposting: The season is most definitely NOT shot. Does no one remember as far back as last year? The Giants lost 5 of 6 late, including a 13-point "must-win" loss at home to craptacular Washington. Everybody calm down. They have 5 division games left. Nothing is settled yet...unless they start Foles, in which case, the season is shot.

*Edited to add the "craptacular" modifier to Washington, lest you forget that they didn't have RG3 and AlMo last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly, its not even as bad as a 'slim chance'..they are 3 games out of first in the division (own a win over the giants currently) and are 2 games back from the WC. A lot of middling teams this year. With the exception of Carolina and probably the Saints, I'd say its anyone's guess right now about which teams will make the WC.A few tweaks and this team absolutely could still right the ship. Vick is not playing circa 2010, but to think that Foles gives us the best chance to win right now, is deluded IMO. If we lose the next 2-3 weeks, fine, throw the kid in there.

However, we've got 3 Divisional games and 2 other conference games (1 against a potential WC team in NO) in the next 5 weeks.

If they get their act together (admittedly easier said then done) and rail off a few wins here, all the sudden they are right in the thick of things.

NO seems to be imploding, Cowboys at home are certainly beatable, @ Redskins may pose some issues, but that is a winnable game. Then Carolina at home and down in Dallas.

Not out of the question to go 3-2 or even 4-1 through those weeks

"My point wasn’t that I was going to bench Michael Vick, it was that I needed to step back and evaluate before I came to you," Reid said, per the Philadelphia Inquirer. “Michael’s the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles."
Vick called a players only meeting today and it supposedly went great. Get ready for a 2nd half fantasy explosion from Mike Vick. Tough schedule behind him, easy road ahead.
"I've got to get my swag back," Vick said. "I got to get back to playing football the way I love to play it and not worry about what's going to happen. That's out of my control. All I can control is how I play and how aggressive I can be.""Ready to make a playoff run. One play at a time. One game at a time"
Monday night in New Orleans the fun begins.

i don;t think Reid is scapegoating people, i think he is desperately trying to hold on to his job. The team needs to get better and he's trying anything to get them better.

Maybe it is a meaningless distinction, but i did not see the DC firing as Reid saying "this was the problem". I saw it as Reid saying "maybe this makes us better"

honestly, its not even as bad as a 'slim chance'..they are 3 games out of first in the division (own a win over the giants currently) and are 2 games back from the WC. A lot of middling teams this year. With the exception of Carolina and probably the Saints, I'd say its anyone's guess right now about which teams will make the WC.A few tweaks and this team absolutely could still right the ship. Vick is not playing circa 2010, but to think that Foles gives us the best chance to win right now, is deluded IMO. If we lose the next 2-3 weeks, fine, throw the kid in there.

However, we've got 3 Divisional games and 2 other conference games (1 against a potential WC team in NO) in the next 5 weeks.

If they get their act together (admittedly easier said then done) and rail off a few wins here, all the sudden they are right in the thick of things.

NO seems to be imploding, Cowboys at home are certainly beatable, @ Redskins may pose some issues, but that is a winnable game. Then Carolina at home and down in Dallas.

Most teams are a few tweaks from righting the ship. New Orelans does not seem to be imploding any more than the Eagles are.

Most teams are a few tweaks from righting the ship. New Orelans does not seem to be imploding any more than the Eagles are.
I disagree with that. New Orleans is terrible. Philly has had serious o-line problems against some tough defenses. It seems like they've been under tremendous scrutiny all season. They win their first two games in the final minutes and all everyone is talking about is how bad Vick is. Other QB's have been horrible but not even a whisper about benching those guys. New Orleans on the other hand is nowhere close to righting the ship. They can't run the ball or stop anyone. No clue why they're favored monday night. The line already dropped to 3 but my $$ will be on Philly straight up. This is going to be one of those turning point in the season moments.

I disagree with that. New Orleans is terrible. Philly has had serious o-line problems against some tough defenses. It seems like they've been under tremendous scrutiny all season. They win their first two games in the final minutes and all everyone is talking about is how bad Vick is. Other QB's have been horrible but not even a whisper about benching those guys. New Orleans on the other hand is nowhere close to righting the ship. They can't run the ball or stop anyone. No clue why they're favored monday night. The line already dropped to 3 but my $$ will be on Philly straight up. This is going to be one of those turning point in the season moments.
We'll see. I think the saints could score a lot of points on that defense. The eagles have been under scrutiny because by looking at their roster people think they should be elite. Either they are under performing or over rated. IT all still goes back to the Dream Team stuff. If you want the freedom to play like Blain Gabbert you need to be on a team whose expectations are the same as the jaguars. Vick is not on that team.

We'll see. I think the saints could score a lot of points on that defense. The eagles have been under scrutiny because by looking at their roster people think they should be elite. Either they are under performing or over rated. IT all still goes back to the Dream Team stuff. If you want the freedom to play like Blain Gabbert you need to be on a team whose expectations are the same as the jaguars. Vick is not on that team.
San Diego, who's also terrible, had this team crushed on that Sunday night game and NO got bailed out with some frankly BS calls. I didn't see all of the TB game but they were lucky to win that one as well. They gave up 35 and 27 to offensive juggernauts carolina and KC. Denver demolished them last week. Demolished. This team is not good. People see Brees back there and think all is the same but this team is a shell of what it was. On the other hand Philly's played tough D after tough D. Vick leads the league in QB hits taken by a wide margin, partly (ok mostly) because his o-line can't pass block but also because they've played some teams that can really get after the passer. NO can't get after the passer. NO can't do anything except pray that Brees can pull enough big throws out of his butt to bail them out. Philly 31-14

San Diego, who's also terrible, had this team crushed on that Sunday night game and NO got bailed out with some frankly BS calls. I didn't see all of the TB game but they were lucky to win that one as well. They gave up 35 and 27 to offensive juggernauts carolina and KC. Denver demolished them last week. Demolished. This team is not good. People see Brees back there and think all is the same but this team is a shell of what it was. On the other hand Philly's played tough D after tough D. Vick leads the league in QB hits taken by a wide margin, partly (ok mostly) because his o-line can't pass block but also because they've played some teams that can really get after the passer. NO can't get after the passer. NO can't do anything except pray that Brees can pull enough big throws out of his butt to bail them out. Philly 31-14
I think it will be close, but what about the Eagles Defense makes you think they can hold the Saints to 2 TDs. I know Denver did, Denver is a very good team, better than NO or PHIL, and they are on the upswing.I see philly and NO as in pretty similar spots. Phily's Def is better than NO, but not good, and NO's offense is better than philly, but not quite what it once was. Both desperately need this game as well.

Brees has the 2nd most passing yards and the 2nd most passing TDs in the NFL. After seeing Atlanta torch Philly you'd have to be concerned. New Orleans has the 5th ranked Offense in the league. They may not be the dominate team they were last year, but they can move the ball.

This looks to be a very entertaining game to me, 2 teams on the edge of the cliff desperately needing a win.

The eagles secondary is so over rated. Nnamdi is over paid; over rated and old. And Rodgers cromartie used to get burnt back in. AZ too

"My point wasn’t that I was going to bench Michael Vick, it was that I needed to step back and evaluate before I came to you," Reid said, per the Philadelphia Inquirer. “Michael’s the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles."
If he wasn't considering a QB change, what exactly was Reid evaluating before declaring Vick the starter in NO?

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread