What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (2 Viewers)

finally got NCAA 11 for 360. Not a huge college football fan, but enjoy playing it a lot. Currently 6-1 with Hawaii. Bring on Boise St!

Just picked up the PS3 Move. Lots of fun. Disc golf is perfect for me and my stoner buddies, and the gladiator game is perfect for me and my drinking buddies.
Picking mine up in a couple of hours. Is this product worthy of it's own thread or should we move the conversations and comments to the OFFICIAL PS3 THREAD?
Probably not worth its own thread quite yet, only because there really are no games out for it yet. But I think that will change once the next Killzone game comes out. Or if they come out with a full length game that uses archery (very cool game in the sports pack that comes with the starter kit).I've also heard that you can use the Move for the gold edition of Resident Evil 5, but I haven't tried that yet.

Just picked up the PS3 Move. Lots of fun. Disc golf is perfect for me and my stoner buddies, and the gladiator game is perfect for me and my drinking buddies.
Picking mine up in a couple of hours. Is this product worthy of it's own thread or should we move the conversations and comments to the OFFICIAL PS3 THREAD?
Probably not worth its own thread quite yet, only because there really are no games out for it yet. But I think that will change once the next Killzone game comes out. Or if they come out with a full length game that uses archery (very cool game in the sports pack that comes with the starter kit).I've also heard that you can use the Move for the gold edition of Resident Evil 5, but I haven't tried that yet.
Do I need two of the light wands or can I make do with the one included right now? Played hockey last night for the first time in forever and finally cut and raked the grass and I just haven't got playing with the new toy in me. It currently sits in the box staring at me, taunting me.

Do I need two of the light wands or can I make do with the one included right now? Played hockey last night for the first time in forever and finally cut and raked the grass and I just haven't got playing with the new toy in me. It currently sits in the box staring at me, taunting me.
I would get the two light wands (no need for that navigator one yet). You'll get much more of out the archery and the fighting games, plus you'll have an extra one for two player games.

gigantor said:
finally got NCAA 11 for 360. Not a huge college football fan, but enjoy playing it a lot. Currently 6-1 with Hawaii. Bring on Boise St!
I've been playing NCAA 11 for the last 6 weeks and just tried switching to Madden 11 tonight. Madden 11 feels so clunky and cumbersome compared to NCAA 11. What a huge disappointment.

I've been playing NCAA 11 for the last 6 weeks and just tried switching to Madden 11 tonight. Madden 11 feels so clunky and cumbersome compared to NCAA 11. What a huge disappointment.
lol just got beat by Boise St 80-21.As clunky as Madden is, that's never happened on any setting for me. Damn college football and juggernauts

Splinter Cell Conviction i just got, single player is short but well worth it. Amazing gameplay and story

game is cheap now, about 20 bucks online

Splinter Cell Conviction i just got, single player is short but well worth it. Amazing gameplay and storygame is cheap now, about 20 bucks online
The gameplay was good, but I wish they didn't go that way for Splinter Cell, but it made sense with the story. I'd wish they took the gameplay of Conviction, took the production of Alan Wake and Split/Second and made a good 24 game out of it. I'd buy that day one.

I'm not even a comic book or batman fan, but I can't reiterate enough how good of a game Batman is. Very well produced. Perfect blend of run and gun fighting and using stealth. Good voice acting. Plenty of secret, puzzles and upgrades along the way. The difficulty is just right. Right between hard almost not hard enough and almost too hard. I really dig all the interview tapes and character bios.

I can't put it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even a comic book or batman fan, but I can't reiterate enough how good of a game Batman is. Very well produced. Perfect blend of run and gun fighting and using stealth. Good voice acting. Plenty of secret, puzzles and upgrades along the way. The difficulty is just right. Right between hard almost not hard enough and almost too hard. I really dig all the interview tapes and character bios. I can't put it down.
Which Batman game? And which system?

I'm not even a comic book or batman fan, but I can't reiterate enough how good of a game Batman is. Very well produced. Perfect blend of run and gun fighting and using stealth. Good voice acting. Plenty of secret, puzzles and upgrades along the way. The difficulty is just right. Right between hard almost not hard enough and almost too hard. I really dig all the interview tapes and character bios. I can't put it down.
Which Batman game? And which system?
Batman: Arkham Asylum (360 version)ETA - I got it at Target for $30

Awesome game. I'm obsessed with the Freeflow fighting. The Challenge mode is addicting, can't put it down!ETA: Game Informer did a story on the upcoming sequel, "Arkham City"... looks even better than the first. Hellllloooooo CATWOMAN!! :kicksrock:

Probably should have checked in here first, but I just bought Gothic II & 3 + Deux Ex: GOTY for $30 on steam.Anybody play these before?
Deus Ex is an amazing game. A little dated, but loved it.
Yea, just got done test driving Gothic II. Seems like it would have been a great game, in 1998! Giving it a go still though. I can't wait to play Deux Ex. Never got very far the first time around.

Probably should have checked in here first, but I just bought Gothic II & 3 + Deux Ex: GOTY for $30 on steam.Anybody play these before?
Yea, just got done test driving Gothic II. Seems like it would have been a great game, in 1998! Giving it a go still though. I can't wait to play Deux Ex. Never got very far the first time around.
Finished Deus Ex it was great can't wait for Deus Ex for the PS3 coming in Feb. Jan is Dead Space 2 Feb is Deus Ex and just found out Mar is Max Payne 3.

GTBilly said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Mad Cow said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Finished Deus Ex it was great can't wait for Deus Ex for the PS3 coming in Feb. Jan is Dead Space 2 Feb is Deus Ex and just found out Mar is Max Payne 3.
Dead Space 2 and Max Payne 3 are must buys for me.

GTBilly said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Mad Cow said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Never heard of Deus Ex. Brief explanation?

Deus Ex- First Person Shooter with a slight and I mean slight RPG element to it. You are an agent for some agency who is genetically and mechanically enhanced who has to stop the agency that you work for. Good story and great gameplay. The mods to the weapons and yourself make sense and are logical.

Wiki Deus Ex Linky

Deus Ex- First Person Shooter with a slight and I mean slight RPG element to it. You are an agent for some agency who is genetically and mechanically enhanced who has to stop the agency that you work for. Good story and great gameplay. The mods to the weapons and yourself make sense and are logical.

Wiki Deus Ex Linky
Looks really cool.

Anyone ever try out League of Legends, or is that too nerdy for this thread? I don't really know much about it, but it sounds interesting, and it's free.

DLoaded X-Com: UFO defense.

I logged in many an hour of this all time classic turned based game. I fear it is nearly unplayable at this point.

Has anybody found a knock off that is similar with a higher resolution?

Update: Gothic 3 is quite playable, and looks promising. Really wished I had a cpu to run this when it came out.

Now loading Deux Ex.....

So far so good. Runs smoothly and played as good as HL2 does. (Gothic runs a little slow and choppy)

I picked up Civ 5 on my way in to work tonight, knowing I was going to have some down time to play it. I spent the next 4 hours trying to get it installed and run properly all to no avail. I did some googling and it looks like I'm not alone in having problems getting it to go. I finally gave up and just worked instead. What a disappointment.

If anyone is interested in Demon's Souls for the PS3, I'd gladly trade that for a copy of Civ V gifted to me on Steam. PM if interested!

Looking forward to NBA2K11 still. The Jordan Challenges look pretty cool.

Once you complete the Jordan Challenges, the "Creating a Legend" mode gets unlocked where you place a rookie MJ on any current NBA team of your choosing. You are "player locked" though. Does that mean you can control MJ and ONLY MJ on the court and you do not have GM controls either??

Holy ####! If the game is even remotely close to staying at that 10 minute gameplay vid quality, it is a shoe in for GotY 2011(hoping its not 2012).

I like the fact that it has a different setting and look than the first two. I don't know that I'd go making any GOTY predictions yet. 2011 is absolutely stacked with what figure to be top-shelf games. Between Dead Space, Motorstorm, Killzone, Last Guardian, Agent, Twisted Metal and Mass Effect (PS3), I honestly don't know if I'll even get around to a new Bioshock. That's not to say that it doesn't look good, just that there are a bunch of other games that figure to take priority. ETA: I left out the ICO collection and maybe Project Dark.

Edit 2: I also forgot about InFamous 2 and the new Batman. Seriously, 2011 has at least 8-9 games that would normally be automatic day one purchases for me. Maybe as many as 12. And that's just based on the stuff I already know about; that number could go higher if there 's another RDR on the calendar that comes out of nowhere. I figure to barely have time for half of those games and I'm going to need to make some tough choices in what to pick up. Mass Effect 2 is a no-brainer because I'll have at least an uninterrupted month for it. Killzone 3 is a no-brainer because it's Killzone 3. Otherwise a lot of this is going to come down to the release calendar. 2010 has been kind of crappy for me personally, but 2011 is insane.

2010's holiday list has been kinda lackluster, don't you think? I have no interest in reach or black ops.
There are some games coming out this fall/winter that I'm sure are good, but that just aren't up my alley. Fallout 3 Fallout New Vegas is just about it for me.Edited to get my Fallout installments straight

2010's holiday list has been kinda lackluster, don't you think? I have no interest in reach or black ops.
:bs: The games I am interested in, I can wait for price drop. There's nothing that I must have immediately. Although I may buy Rock Band 3 on or around release date. It does help me get caught up with games I've been behind on, and other projects I need to work on.

Anyone ever try out League of Legends, or is that too nerdy for this thread? I don't really know much about it, but it sounds interesting, and it's free.
Yeah I tried it out and I enjoy it. For a free game you really can't beat it. I usually play on Saturdays whenever I can't find a good college football game on. My only problem with the game is the lack of maps but the game stops from getting boring because you can try out ten new characters every week and the teams are almost always different. As for game I'm looking forward to? Probably Halo Reach. I really cut down on the amount of games I buy and I decided to get Madden 11 instead of Reach, probably a mistake. I've only played Reach once so far, but I was incredibly drunk and only remember running around a level that I thought looked like the visitor's center from Jurassic Park. So yeah want to give that game another shot :goodposting:

Yeah I tried it out and I enjoy it. For a free game you really can't beat it. I usually play on Saturdays whenever I can't find a good college football game on. My only problem with the game is the lack of maps but the game stops from getting boring because you can try out ten new characters every week and the teams are almost always different. As for game I'm looking forward to? Probably Halo Reach. I really cut down on the amount of games I buy and I decided to get Madden 11 instead of Reach, probably a mistake. I've only played Reach once so far, but I was incredibly drunk and only remember running around a level that I thought looked like the visitor's center from Jurassic Park. So yeah want to give that game another shot :(
I'm not a big Halo fan and I would've bought Halo Reach this year over Madden 11. That's how bad I think Madden was this year.

There's a new Castlevania coming out in a week or so. Anyone getting that?

Anyone else looking forward to the new Star Wars: Force Unleashed? :lmao:

There's a new Castlevania coming out in a week or so. Anyone getting that?Anyone else looking forward to the new Star Wars: Force Unleashed? :topcat:
:hangover: I am a Star Wars dweeb and have the first for the Wii. Looking forward to the 360 version on my new HD TV this time around.

EA has decided to postpone the release of NBA Elite 11 until next year because (obviously) it wasn't ready. It was crap.

The good news for fans of NBA Live 10 is that they are releasing a free roster update soon for the 2010-11 season so people continue playing Live. They also announced they will release NBA Jam as a standalone game for both PS3 and 360 in time for the holidays.

EA has decided to postpone the release of NBA Elite 11 until next year because (obviously) it wasn't ready. It was crap.The good news for fans of NBA Live 10 is that they are releasing a free roster update soon for the 2010-11 season so people continue playing Live. They also announced they will release NBA Jam as a standalone game for both PS3 and 360 in time for the holidays.
Anybody play the NBA 2k11 demo? The video I've seen has looked pretty smooth. Does anybody know whether once Jordan is unlocked if you can only control Jordan or is gameplay normal? Can you be gm still or are you and Jordan at the mercy of the CPU?

Users who are viewing this thread