What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

I don't think I've ever actually rage-quit a game before, but I'm making an exception for Hollow Knight. I had fun with it for about 12 hours or so, and I was playing it more or less blind. The handful of reviews I read said that exploring and getting lost was half the fun -- okay, fine, I'll just wander off and see where the world takes me. This was okay for a while, and then I fell through a floor and ended up in Deepnest with 1500+ currency on me, and I absolutely could not get out of there. I thought this would be one of those things like in Souls games where you get warped somewhere difficult but you can make your way back easily enough after a little hazing. Nope, I'm more or less stuck and it's going to take me hours to get back to the surface. Not doing it. Moving on.

Well....I'm like 7 years and a console generation late, but I'm finally playing Fallout 4 for the first time :bowtie:

Huge Skyrim fan, but I've played that 3 times now, and I have been in the mood for a large ambitious open world game again for the past few months. 200 hour Witcher 3 is too intimidating for me right now though lol.
Done. I'm finally done. Almost 5 months. Just hit level 50, got thru all the main stories. Destroyed everybody and everything in Nuka World. Excited to be moving onto something else.

It's no Skyrim, but certainly a great game, in a great universe, in it's own right. As my first Fallout game, I'll definitely play 5 when it comes out....probably in another decade lol.
ETA - stupid quote box got me -I enjoyed everything on that game except the combat.

I don't think I've ever actually rage-quit a game before, but I'm making an exception for Hollow Knight. I had fun with it for about 12 hours or so, and I was playing it more or less blind. The handful of reviews I read said that exploring and getting lost was half the fun -- okay, fine, I'll just wander off and see where the world takes me. This was okay for a while, and then I fell through a floor and ended up in Deepnest with 1500+ currency on me, and I absolutely could not get out of there. I thought this would be one of those things like in Souls games where you get warped somewhere difficult but you can make your way back easily enough after a little hazing. Nope, I'm more or less stuck and it's going to take me hours to get back to the surface. Not doing it. Moving on.

IIRC, the same thing happened to me. It’s a solid title but after awhile I found myself thinking… why am I playing a colorless, lesser metroidvania game at all? Those have been done to death and if you’re gonna play one, play Castlevania SOTN or Super Metroid. Even if you played them before, they’re masterpieces. I’m done with those.

Just my $.02.

Im about halfway through Ultima I

Im going to attempt to play through all of them. If anybody is interested,( and I am sure youre not,:lol:) theyre all on sale right now for under $2 each. The graphics and interface are pretty crude at first but they have their charm. I'll be honest, the first few minutes were rough and I was not sure I could handle it but after about 25 minutes I got the hang of things and Im actually looking forward to seeing how each game improves over the other.
This sounds awesome. Unfortunately I don’t think I would have the patience for it, but I loved those games.

Been needed more at work the past few months, and I've been focusing on working out and getting into better shape. Video game time has fallen off a cliff.

Been slowly working my way through Breath of the Wild, but barely going on it.

A decent ways into GTA 5.

REALLY excited for God of War to come out.

Playing Mount and Blade Bannerlord, which just released on console. Been watching this one, as it seemed quite unique, and it is.

It feels like a Medieval simulator with lots of fighting (and some big battles), and some RPG elements mixed in. Best way I could put it is it's a mashup of Skyrim and Crusader Kings, with sort-of "total war" battles mixed in (formations, high ground, different troops, etc). Pretty steep learning curve in combat and controlling your troops, and a little jank as well. Relationships with lords, conquering castles, trading, upgrading your army, etc - all there. It's not a casual game, but if you're someone who doesn't mind diving in and going deep into a game, you'll probably like this if the setting and general presentation appeal to you. I'm only like 10-15 hours in, and I'm sure I'll restart once I get my bearings, but I'll probably be playing this awhile.

Playing Mount and Blade Bannerlord, which just released on console. Been watching this one, as it seemed quite unique, and it is.

It feels like a Medieval simulator with lots of fighting (and some big battles), and some RPG elements mixed in. Best way I could put it is it's a mashup of Skyrim and Crusader Kings, with sort-of "total war" battles mixed in (formations, high ground, different troops, etc). Pretty steep learning curve in combat and controlling your troops, and a little jank as well. Relationships with lords, conquering castles, trading, upgrading your army, etc - all there. It's not a casual game, but if you're someone who doesn't mind diving in and going deep into a game, you'll probably like this if the setting and general presentation appeal to you. I'm only like 10-15 hours in, and I'm sure I'll restart once I get my bearings, but I'll probably be playing this awhile.
I’ve been playing those for years. Steep learning curve as you said and some clunky combat, but nevertheless, a ton of fun.

Reactions: jwb
Anyone doing vr games? I tried it for the first time recently and played a game or two of beat Saber, some boxing game and an action/ horror game. It seemed fun and got me off the couch but I was using someone's gaming pc, showing it on a big screen and they had the sensors on the walls to make sure you didn't fall down stairs or anything.

I'm a total noob and can't keep up with modern games on ps5 etc so the idea of a newish platform could level the playing field, or it might just be expensive and worthless. I own a barely used ps4 and a slightly more used switch and don't want another expensive paperweight

Anyone doing vr games? I tried it for the first time recently and played a game or two of beat Saber, some boxing game and an action/ horror game. It seemed fun and got me off the couch but I was using someone's gaming pc, showing it on a big screen and they had the sensors on the walls to make sure you didn't fall down stairs or anything.

I'm a total noob and can't keep up with modern games on ps5 etc so the idea of a newish platform could level the playing field, or it might just be expensive and worthless. I own a barely used ps4 and a slightly more used switch and don't want another expensive paperweight
There’s a thread on it here and it just got bumped recently.

Long story story short, it’s not quite there yet. IMO you’re still at least one generation away from gaining support and at least two gen aeration’s away from mainstream support.

Long story story short, it’s not quite there yet. IMO you’re still at least one generation away from gaining support and at least two gen aeration’s away from mainstream support.
What does gaining support mean?

What does gaining support mean?
More games/software. Right now there are only a small handful of games and apps available, most are clunky at best.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty fun and some games like the (Darth) Vader games are incredibly immersive. It’s you face to chest with Vader. I’ll always remember that.

There’s a few other games and apps but the development is at a snails pace and there aren’t a lot of games coking down the pike. For me, I figured why not sell this $400 thing for $300 and wait for the next one. Maybe I’ll rinse and repeat.

It should also be noted that If you have a REALLY good gaming computer you can play some even better games likes Fallout and Skyrim but it still feels a little tacked on.

Anybody use VR for flight sims and such? I’ve really wanted to try Star Wars Squadrons in VR but I’ve been holding off on investing in a whole setup.

Just finished Horizon Forbidden West. Since I didn’t do many of the side missions I think I was at too low a level and at too big of a disadvantage for the final boss. Enjoyed the game but didn’t want to spend 10 more hours leveling up, so after a dozen tries and not coming close, turned the difficulty down to easy to finish it. Feels cheap but oh well. Next, probably Resident Evil or wait for GOW.

Just finished Horizon Forbidden West. Since I didn’t do many of the side missions I think I was at too low a level and at too big of a disadvantage for the final boss. Enjoyed the game but didn’t want to spend 10 more hours leveling up, so after a dozen tries and not coming close, turned the difficulty down to easy to finish it. Feels cheap but oh well. Next, probably Resident Evil or wait for GOW.
I'm embarrassed to admit I never finished HFW. I platinumed HZD, but get into MLB the Show earlier this year and FIFA23 now. There are just not enough hours in the day.

Plan to pick up HFW this winter, I was already playing on 'normal' difficulty with easy loot. I really just want to enjoy the story, have a mild challenge, and have good gear without trying to kill the same machines over and over again just to get key parts.

I'm embarrassed to admit I never finished HFW. I platinumed HZD, but get into MLB the Show earlier this year and FIFA23 now. There are just not enough hours in the day.

Plan to pick up HFW this winter, I was already playing on 'normal' difficulty with easy loot. I really just want to enjoy the story, have a mild challenge, and have good gear without trying to kill the same machines over and over again just to get key parts.
Yeah I hear you. Same here. Trying to find new gear and upgrade the pouch and everything else is just too much

I have been playing fortnite occasionally with my kids(5 and 7). I also have been playing it off and on since it first came out. For the entire time I have been playing I have been stuck on the ground and having to work around that limitation, ie using rocket launchers, etc to level the playing field.

This week for the first time building fast clicked. I can now throw down a fort/tower in an instant. I always thought people that were doing that were cheating or using macros.

Next up, I need to improve how fast I can edit structures.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I did finish HFW on normal in May and pretty much did everything in the game except the hunting grounds/fight arenas, and I couldn't even tell you what the final boss was, much less how to beat it.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I did finish HFW on normal in May and pretty much did everything in the game except the hunting grounds/fight arenas, and I couldn't even tell you what the final boss was, much less how to beat it.
Not as much as you but same about final boss lmao

Ok I want to cash in some games and systems. I got my PS4 which is no need with a PS5 some and a PS3 plus I got my originally Grey Playstation with games including Crash bandicoot and a PS Slim. I'm not sure if controllers even work. I just know some collector might take the whole thing just to add to collection and then they sell off and such the stuff they don't need as its easier to get the 1 game or whatever in a collection then solo.

Anyone know anywhere near me or somewhere thats legit I can get cash for all of this? I'd try eBay or maybe Facebook market where I sold guitar hero already. But I think a collector would give me more money. I'd rather not pay someone for shipping or other charges if it can be avoided.

So after resetting my mind from Fallout 4, I've now jumped into Infamous: Second Son.

Feels good to play something so largely mindless (and in a modern setting) after months of post-apocalyptic dread. Just running through Seattle kicking around some baddie ###.

Anyone know anywhere near me or somewhere thats legit I can get cash for all of this? I'd try eBay or maybe Facebook market where I sold guitar hero already. But I think a collector would give me more money. I'd rather not pay someone for shipping or other charges if it can be avoided
OfferUp app is good for this.

New god of war :shades:

Just watched a few videos of this. REALLY reminded me of Gear of War single player but with axes. (Only from the game engine/way you walk around and the narration, nothing else. )

Hate is not a strong enough word for that type of anime/action-Devil May Cry-45-hit-combo style of combat.

Just watched a few videos of this. REALLY reminded me of Gear of War single player but with axes. (Only from the game engine/way you walk around and the narration, nothing else. )

Hate is not a strong enough word for that type of anime/action-Devil May Cry-45-hit-combo style of combat.

did you not play the 2018 god of war? Please dont compare this to any devil may cry

did you not play the 2018 god of war? Please dont compare this to any devil may cry
I’m not- I’m just saying the style of combat that has those super long exaggerated combos. It’s just a personal beef of mine. It’s not enjoyable to me.

Same for any FPS game. D O N E with the entire group at unless it’s on the oculus.

I’m fully aware that I’m in the minority, as usual.

I’m not- I’m just saying the style of combat that has those super long exaggerated combos. It’s just a personal beef of mine. It’s not enjoyable to me.

Same for any FPS game. D O N E with the entire group at unless it’s on the oculus.

I tried the 2018 God of War when it was free on PS+. Felt the same way. Just can't do it. Maybe I'm old, but just couldn't do it. Much prefer something like HFW or GoT.

Didn't answer my question if you played it. God of war is very unique and worth a look if you got the time

Didn't answer my question if you played it. God of war is very unique and worth a look if you got the time
Yes. I played it briefly and watched a buddy play it for a bit. It’s a beautiful game. Really immersive. It’s just the combat that I don’t find fun. Again, it’s a me thing. Most people love it. :shrug:

Yes. I played it briefly and watched a buddy play it for a bit. It’s a beautiful game. Really immersive. It’s just the combat that I don’t find fun. Again, it’s a me thing. Most people love it. :shrug:
Its not a button masher like the old God of War games so not exactly sure what you mean.

Its not a button masher like the old God of War games so not exactly sure what you mean.

It’s very close to a button masher.

I didn’t want to throw shade but let’s be real, it’s a better looking Batman with Batman fighting mechanics and fireworks and ice crystals glowing all over the place.

It might be the pinnacle of the genre but it’s nothing new to gaming. Not that there have really been any groundbreaking games in a very long time. :shrug:

PS was selling Batman Arkham Knight so I thought I'd try it. I really want to like it but I am seriously struggling. Can't even get past the weapon calibration mode or whatever where you have to shoot tanks to level up to level 2 before they hit you and nock you back down. It's massively frustrating

You're not alone. I didn't care much for the God of War reboot either. The fixed-camera-angle button-mashers were okay, but the 2018 games was just another third person shooter only with an axe instead of a shotgun.

Hated the old God of Wars......loved the first one of this iteration..... downloaded Ragnarok and can't wait to start tonight

I have never played any god of war, that style of game has never interested me. I prefer first person shooters for action games.

I have never played any god of war, that style of game has never interested me. I prefer first person shooters for action games.
The reboot is closer to this it's nothing like the original
Yeah. I loved The PS4 game so much I got ps plus or whatever to play the others, and the first game was very meh.

Honestly those games were probably awesome a decade or 2 back. But after going on the epic journey with the amazing graphics, hard to go back.

Darkest dungeon is a game you can get cheap that is kind of a different game that I have found everyone who ever took the sufpggestion to play it, enjoyed it,.

The reboot is closer to this it's nothing like the original
Yeah. I loved The PS4 game so much I got ps plus or whatever to play the others, and the first game was very meh.

Honestly those games were probably awesome a decade or 2 back. But after going on the epic journey with the amazing graphics, hard to go back.

I liked all the god of war. I can understand not liking the old setup though. If you want to know about Kratos you kinda got to see all the crazy **** he did imo

Darkest dungeon is a game you can get cheap that is kind of a different game that I have found everyone who ever took the sufpggestion to play it, enjoyed it,.
Love this game. Nice combo of turn-based strategy, party building, and "evil HR manager" gameplay. I also really like the difficulty -- it's tough and punishing until you figure out how various characters synergize with one another.

I've been in a bit of video game funk since I finished Elden Ring. Out of boredom, I went digging through my Steam library and decided to give Alan Wake a try. I picked this up for like $3 or something a year ago and never got around to playing it. Obviously it's old, but man is this a nice title. Cool story with fun gameplay, without being especially stressful or too demanding. Nice palette cleanser.

I've been in a bit of video game funk since I finished Elden Ring. Out of boredom, I went digging through my Steam library and decided to give Alan Wake a try. I picked this up for like $3 or something a year ago and never got around to playing it. Obviously it's old, but man is this a nice title. Cool story with fun gameplay, without being especially stressful or too demanding. Nice palette cleanser.
Remedy makes some great games. Amazing story, truly Stephen King inspired/tribute, great use of atmosphere and music. Unfortunately, the gameplay is pretty repetitive and leaves something to be desired which is why it wasn't a bigger hit than it deserved to be. But an A+ for the story and immersive experience

Users who are viewing this thread