What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (2 Viewers)

I'm going to try a videogame first and not watch any Skyrim videos or read anything about it going forward. That game is going to completely obliterate my face and I want to be totally WTFpwned by it. I think not paying attention to the prerelease fanfare/reviews/videos will do a lot for my excitement when release day finally comes around.

Just bought a used copy of The Masters EA Tiger Golf or whatever they're calling it these days.

I'm really looking forward to finally playing this one on the 92" bigscreen. :excited:
been hooked on that game since it came out (sadly only a 52" tv here). Spend all your career points when you start out on putting stats. Don't listen to the caddy either....

'mozzy84 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
Just bought a used copy of The Masters EA Tiger Golf or whatever they're calling it these days.

I'm really looking forward to finally playing this one on the 92" bigscreen. :excited:
been hooked on that game since it came out (sadly only a 52" tv here). Spend all your career points when you start out on putting stats. Don't listen to the caddy either....
Putting is ### #### hard

Played P2 for about 2 hours last night and I was absolutely blown away by it. First of all I had zero idea that it was just a game of trying to get out of different rooms, secondly I was amazed at how dumb I felt in the first few training areas. Having never played the first Portal I was lost on how the portals worked. I can not wait to get deeper into this game. I had to quit on a room that had air cylinders throwing me from one platform to another trying to catch a box in mid air. It was totally unexpected when I got to it. BIG :thumbup: for this game.
It's one of those games that you wish you could experience for the first time more than once. :thumbup:
:blackdot:this is the most interesting thing said about the game so far and there is a very short list of games on it for me.:wall:now I gotta get it. f'rs

Vermeil, are you able to join to finish up on the Portal 2 co-op tonight? I also realize the draft is tonight, so I understand if you plan to watch that instead. I'll likely have it on in the background. Let me know.

Vermeil, are you able to join to finish up on the Portal 2 co-op tonight? I also realize the draft is tonight, so I understand if you plan to watch that instead. I'll likely have it on in the background. Let me know.
It's going to be next week before I can get back in. Sorry! Feel free not to wait for me.

EA never responded to my emails about them sending me two copies of NHL11 still. I got messages after each of my 2 emails that they would respond within 24 hours, yet nothing.

Portal 2 is also $29.99 for PC in Canada and $44.99 for console. Check your local EB/Gamestop.

Does this game have any replay value? I prefer games that I can play for many, many hours.

Portal 2 is also $29.99 for PC in Canada and $44.99 for console. Check your local EB/Gamestop.Does this game have any replay value? I prefer games that I can play for many, many hours.
I think the game has plenty of replay value. The co-op certainly has. I can understand balking on buying full price, but $30 ($40 console) is a good value, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I think Portal 2 is very fun to play. Not fun in an exciting way but I keep saying to myself "one more room". That being said I just started chapter 4. So far Ive only been stuck in one room for like 15 min. Other than that Im at about 5 min per room. Does it get tougher?

Portal 2 is also $29.99 for PC in Canada and $44.99 for console. Check your local EB/Gamestop.Does this game have any replay value? I prefer games that I can play for many, many hours.
I think the game has plenty of replay value. The co-op certainly has. I can understand balking on buying full price, but $30 ($40 console) is a good value, IMO.
Did you finish up the co-op Slax? If not let's schedule a day this week to wrap it up.

I finished up the main story in Assassin's Creed 2 last night

I have no idea what happened at the end after I killed the pope. I couldn't really understand what the woman was saying. I still have to finish up The Truth though/

Did you finish up the co-op Slax? If not let's schedule a day this week to wrap it up.
I haven't. But if I had, I'd still be in.

I finished up the main story in Assassin's Creed 2 last night

I have no idea what happened at the end after I killed the pope. I couldn't really understand what the woman was saying. I still have to finish up The Truth though/
You need to play Brotherhood. It picks up where 2 left off. It'll answer some unanswered questions you may have. Wait, that didn't spoil anything.

Tuesday night if you can swing it. I think it's important to do the first play-through with someone who hasn't already solved it. We had some priceless moments of cluelessness that wouldn't have happened if one of us had played. Mostly my cluelessness!

Bought a PC games called "Mount & Blade" on steam.

Might be the best $4 I have ever spent in my life. It's basically like a modern version of Kings Bounty with real time fighting (and no monsters). I played it nearly non stop from Sunday at noon til 5am this morning.

Needless to say, no Gears tonight.

Finished Fallout 3 - fantastic game, but I am ready to move on. You can only raid so many SatComs/Power plants/armories before they all blend in together. I chose the path of the goody two shoes and the ending was kinda meh.

'Nick Vermeil said:
'SlaX said:
'Nick Vermeil said:
'SlaX said:
'jevy said:
Tuesday night if you can swing it. I think it's important to do the first play-through with someone who hasn't already solved it. We had some priceless moments of cluelessness that wouldn't have happened if one of us had played. Mostly my cluelessness!
I assume we're still good for tomorrow night? Let me know what time. Or just message me when you jump on.

Played 45 minutes of Portal 2 tonight. :lol: I got to where I discovered I am a horrible person and science validated my birth mother's decision to leave me on a doorstep.

Good 'ol GLaDos. I missed you so. :lol:

'Nick Vermeil said:
'SlaX said:
'Nick Vermeil said:
'SlaX said:
'jevy said:
I assume we're still good for tomorrow night? Let me know what time. Or just message me when you jump on.
I'm in SlaX. I have to have dinner with the wife at some point, but I'll look you up when I get home to work out a time.

Finally took the time to finish off Fable 3. A nice twist in the story once you become king, but this felt a lot like Fable's version of New Vegas. If I hadn't have invested so many hours in Fable 2, I might have the patience to play thru this one again as evil but not really.

Selling Fable 3 & Black Ops (again.) Blops multiplayer has gotten boring, too many teenagers/college kids that play all the time that are better than me.

Will finally take a shot at Bioshock 2 which has been gathering dust on my bookshelf for months. Looking forward to LA Noire in a few weeks.

If anyone has not played Portal (the original), you really owe it to yourself to do so. So amazing. I am enjoying P2 quite a bit thus far. Having done the first gives you a pretty good step up this time around.

If anyone has not played Portal (the original), you really owe it to yourself to do so. So amazing. I am enjoying P2 quite a bit thus far. Having done the first gives you a pretty good step up this time around.
wanna play co-op? I beat the single player but haven't started it yet.

wanna play co-op? I beat the single player but haven't started it yet.
Sure, when we can get on together. I am still working on SP. I anxiously await the 2nd part. That was a real game changer in the 1st one.

Sad news. Mass Effect 3 has been delayed until early 2012.
Mixed feelings. Sad because it will be awesome, but happy because we want it the best it can be since this is the finale, and it gives me plenty of time to play other games coming out between now and then (I'm looking at YOU, Battlefield 3! :wub: )

Sad news. Mass Effect 3 has been delayed until early 2012.
Mixed feelings. Sad because it will be awesome, but happy because we want it the best it can be since this is the finale, and it gives me plenty of time to play other games coming out between now and then (I'm looking at YOU, Battlefield 3! :wub: )
I think everyone should be very happy. They rushed Dragon Age 2 out and it was brutal IMO.

I'm finding myself slowly savoring Portal 2, really taking my time exploring every corner and crevice. I'm 5 or 6 tests into "The Itch" and worried I am nearing the end. I think there will be good replay value as you try and find new ways to use the gels especially.

Really wanted to do the co-op splitscreen with my son, who is 6 and really good at all the Lego Games and the like, but it was too much for him to grasp. Will stick with online play there I guess.

Did they ever release a Mass Effect 1&2 Greatest Hits/combo-pack type thing for PS3? I shouldn't spend more money on games but if both ME's can be had for cheap...

Did they ever release a Mass Effect 1&2 Greatest Hits/combo-pack type thing for PS3? I shouldn't spend more money on games but if both ME's can be had for cheap...
I would imagine you could get one or the other with all the included DLC. Not sure about a combopack though.

I'm not really playing much of anything because the DAMN PLAYSTATION NETWORK IS STILL DOWN.

I still haven't played ME1 or 2 :bag:Anyone else getting Brink (360) next week?
:bag: is right. Everyone I've ever recommended Mass Effect to agrees that it is completely amazing. Check it out BB2K3, you won't be disappointed.
Yep.Really glad I banged Miranda instead of Jack or Tali.
Somehow I managed to bang Jack and Miranda both. I would have stuck it to Tali if you could see her without the mask, but no dice.

Users who are viewing this thread