What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

Here's the E3 Stream that Ren found and the general schedule for E3.

All times are PST.

Monday, June 6th

Microsoft Press Conference | PST 9:30am

Electronic Arts Press Conference | 12:30pm

Ubisoft Press Conference | 2:20pm

Sony Press Conference | 5:00pm

Tuesday, June 7th

Nintendo Press Conference | 9:00am

Mass Effect 3 | 1:00pm

Battlefield 3 | 1:30pm

Batman: Arkham City | 2:00pm

Resistance 3 | 3:00pm

Starhawk | 3:20pm

Twisted Metal | 3:40pm

NGP Demos | 4:00pm

Journey | 4:20pm

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception | 4:40pm

Gears of War 3 (Campaign) | 5:00pm

Forza Motorsports 4 | 5:20pm

Super Secret Remake | 5:40pm

Ms. 'Splosion Man | 6:00pm

Modern Warfare 3 | 6:30pm

Wednesday, June 8th

Spider-Man: Edge of Time | 11:00am

Dead Island | 11:20am

Gears of War 3 (Horde Mode) | 11:40am

Rage | 12:00pm

Prey 2 | 12:20pm

Shinobi | 12:40pm

Saints Row III | 1:00pm

Lord of the Rings: War in the North | 1:30pm

Ninja Gaiden III | 2:00pm

The Darkness II | 3:00pm

Street Fighter X Tekken | 3:20pm

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City | 3:40pm

Deus Ex: Human Revolution | 4:00pm

Tomb Raider | 4:20pm

Super Secret Sequel #1 | 4:40pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | 5:00pm

WWE 12 | 5:20pm

Super Secret Sequel #2 | 5:40pm

Prototype 2 | 6:00pm

BioShock Infinite | 6:30pm

Thursday, June 9th

Star Wars: The Old Republic | 11:00am

Dark Souls | 11:20am

Inversion | 11:40am

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine | 12:00pm

X-Men: Destiny | 12:20pm

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning | 12:40pm

Jurassic Park: The Game | 1:00pm

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 | 1:30pm

Bastion | 2:20pm

Assassin's Creed: Revelations | 3:00pm

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier | 3:20pm

Rayman Origins | 3:40pm

Sonic Generations | 4:00pm

Catherine | 4:20pm

Need For Speed: The Run | 4:40pm

SSX | 5:00pm

Madden 12 | 5:20pm

FIFA 12 | 5:40pm

One of the secret things is Halo CE: Aniversity, another is Halo 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyrim is giving me the same feeling I had when I first watched BioShock and was in awe. It is fantastic. At least 300 hours. :shock:

Skyrim is giving me the same feeling I had when I first watched BioShock and was in awe. It is fantastic. At least 300 hours. :shock:
Looks really good. I can't imagine 300 hours of gameplay.
It won't be for me, but I'll get a ton of value from it. I'm thinking along the line of Fallout 3. Where I beat everything and explored the world & dlc in about 50-60 hours, when other people(some fbgs I know) it took 120+ hours.

Downloaded WipeoutHD to my PS3 as part of the free game deal SONY is offering.

(Thanks Anonymous!)

It's a futuristic racing game. Fun, but will probably have a short shelf-life.

It is kid-friendly though. With weapons off and set to the easiest difficulty, my four year old can play it. All he needs to do is hold down the X button and tilt the controller left or right. Navigation is through the left control stick or through the PS3 controller's "Wii-like" motion.

Cool techno soundtrack too.
I DL'd inFamous and Dead Nation. I played through 3 level of Dead Nation and it's pretty fun so far. It's like SmashTV with zombies.
We got Wipeout and am downloading inFamous (that is taking forever). Wipeout is excellent. My 6 year old loves driving games (Motorstorm lives almost permanently in the PS3). This one will go over well.Is Dead Nation ok for a 12 year old? 6 year old? I almost want to just buy it - looks awesome.
I must've left my PS3 on for like 20 hours (I have DSL) to DL inFamous. I think it's over 7gigs.Dead Nation should be fine for a 12 year old. It's got a lot of dead bodies and certain zombie explode into a pile of bloody guts, but it's not very graphic due to the lack of detail. I don't know about a 6 year old, though. There's no cursing (that I can remember) and the violence is more cartoonish than realistic, so it might be ok.

It won't be for me, but I'll get a ton of value from it. I'm thinking along the line of Fallout 3. Where I beat everything and explored the world & dlc in about 50-60 hours, when other people(some fbgs I know) it took 120+ hours.
Yeah, I think it took me 70+ hours in Fallout 3 not counting the DLC. Will you have needed to play Oblivion to get into Skyrim?

Infamous is taking forever for me to DL also. Little Big Planet was quick
Part of me really wanted to get LBP because of all the great reviews. But I got the LBP2 demo and it didn't interest me at all. I only beat the first 2 playable levels and haven't bothered with the 3rd yet, so I figured LBP1 wouldn't be my kind of game.

Infamous is taking forever for me to DL also. Little Big Planet was quick
Part of me really wanted to get LBP because of all the great reviews. But I got the LBP2 demo and it didn't interest me at all. I only beat the first 2 playable levels and haven't bothered with the 3rd yet, so I figured LBP1 wouldn't be my kind of game.
I got it for the kids. I have heard it is a good kids game

Yeah, I think it took me 70+ hours in Fallout 3 not counting the DLC. Will you have needed to play Oblivion to get into Skyrim?
No, but you should, it's such a tremendous game. Get a copy of Morrowind too while you are at it.
Yeah, if you play Oblivion for 2 hours, you'll play it for 100. GREAT game.
Yep. Not many games ever made better than Oblivion, Morrowind is close and I expect Skyrim to take that pedestal soon.

No, but you should, it's such a tremendous game. Get a copy of Morrowind too while you are at it.
Yep. Not many games ever made better than Oblivion, Morrowind is close and I expect Skyrim to take that pedestal soon.
I loved Oblivion. It would have been a top 5 ish game all time for me if it wasn't for the horrendous leveling mechanism. Thankfully Skyrim has chucked that system out the window from what I have read.

am I wrong because I found Oblivion too tedious? I've never bothered to finish it. I think a lot of it is due to the crappy leveling system that they installed.

Wow 50 hours including the DLC's? That is quick. I was in the 140 hour range to get 100% trophy's.

I loved Oblivion. It would have been a top 5 ish game all time for me if it wasn't for the horrendous leveling mechanism. Thankfully Skyrim has chucked that system out the window from what I have read.
I didn't mind the leveling, but I can see how someone might not like it.

am I wrong because I found Oblivion too tedious? I've never bothered to finish it. I think a lot of it is due to the crappy leveling system that they installed.
I think the trick for me was to find something that I really wanted and just work towards that.Once I found out there was a cloaking ability in one of the skill trees, I was all in for it and just focused on that. I didn't think it was that tedious personally. It's certainly not a game that will hold your hand.

I didn't mind the leveling, but I can see how someone might not like it.
I got used to it when playing but if I didn't read up on it before hand I would have screwed it all up since it was counter intuitive to me to make your important skills be minor skills and your less important skills be major skills. I guess I just prefer a simple experience point based leveling instead of hopping like a Bunny every where just to raise a jumping skill.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Not full retail price, online co-op campaign, option button to switch from HD mode to classic mode so people can see the upgrade at any time. Campign is exactly the same as the original :thumbup:

The multiplayer will have the same physics and abilities as Halo Reach to not separate the community. :thumbdown:

Yep I loved Obilvion but what kept it from legendary RPG status was that awful leveling system.Dragon Age Origins is my #1 RPG. Skyrim could replace it.So happy to see Skyrim ditched the previous leveling system. I am really pumped for that game....big time.

Halo: Combat Evolved AnniversaryNot full retail price, online co-op campaign, option button to switch from HD mode to classic mode so people can see the upgrade at any time. Campign is exactly the same as Hlao: CE except an HD remake. :thumbup: The multiplayer will have the same physics and abilities as Halo Reach to not separate the community. :thumbdown:
I am going to get this game to see what all the fuss is about. I never had an Xbox, was a PS2 guy back then.

Halo: Combat Evolved AnniversaryNot full retail price, online co-op campaign, option button to switch from HD mode to classic mode so people can see the upgrade at any time. Campign is exactly the same as the original :thumbup: The multiplayer will have the same physics and abilities as Halo Reach to not separate the community. :thumbdown:
Link?

Halo: Combat Evolved AnniversaryNot full retail price, online co-op campaign, option button to switch from HD mode to classic mode so people can see the upgrade at any time. Campign is exactly the same as the original :thumbup: The multiplayer will have the same physics and abilities as Halo Reach to not separate the community. :thumbdown:
Link?
No link, the Halo Developer went on Spike TV and gave those details right after the conference.

Link?
No link, the Halo Developer went on Spike TV and gave those details right after the conference.
Yup, I saw the same interview.

Deadnation sucked IMHO, wish I had gotten Wipeout since I have Infamous already. Very much like Gauntlet for those that are old enough to remember just lacked all the good and had most of the bad. For you modern day parents No, Deadnation is not something you will allow your children to play.

Is Dead Nation ok for a 12 year old? 6 year old? I almost want to just buy it - looks awesome.
My son is 12 and his first impression of Dead Nation was very positive. According to him, that game is "beast," which roughly translates to "splendid." That said, it's a zombie shoot-em-up so it's very violent and gory. I'm fine with him playing this, but I'd also be fine with him playing Resident Evil too, so keep that in mind. I'm pretty permissive on this.

Is Dead Nation ok for a 12 year old? 6 year old? I almost want to just buy it - looks awesome.
My son is 12 and his first impression of Dead Nation was very positive. According to him, that game is "beast," which roughly translates to "splendid." That said, it's a zombie shoot-em-up so it's very violent and gory. I'm fine with him playing this, but I'd also be fine with him playing Resident Evil too, so keep that in mind. I'm pretty permissive on this.
I would also let my child play it if I had one but I am more of an old school guy and would parent similar to the way my parents did.

This was my thinking. I barely got into Oblivion. Could have just been the backstory for me though. I loved Fallout 3.

Mass Effect 3 demo and trailer looked great. Too bad we have to wait until March of next year.
March!?!?! What about GTA5?Will these games having new Kinect features still be playable without the Kinect?
From what I saw of Mass Effect 3 the game would still play the same as ME2 if you dont have Kinect. What they showed were mostly voice controls through kinect. You could use the dialog tree by saying the dialog, the controller could still be used to select the dialog.

Bumping for E3 coverage. M$ conference has started on SpikeTV. Last night Halo 4: Remake was leaked but no vids.
My wife and I had the day off today, so we took the day to spend alone together - I know, on the first day of E3! What was I thinking!? - so, I won't post thoughts until I get caught up. I think I'll probably just watch tonight's pressers live and catch up with what I've missed afterwards. I've seen some of the announcements and pics, but no video yet. Here we go!

Link?
Wow. My entire hope for this game was that it would return to oldschool Halo mechanics, not be Reach 1.5. This is incredibly disappointing.

This was my thinking. I barely got into Oblivion. Could have just been the backstory for me though. I loved Fallout 3.
I also barely got into Oblivion. Loved F3. Having a hard time getting into New Vegas - much more sparse on quests and interesting places and the desert is teeming with Deathclaws just about everywhere I try to venture.

Link?
Wow. My entire hope for this game was that it would return to oldschool Halo mechanics, not be Reach 1.5. This is incredibly disappointing.
Same here. When I heard him say that stuff I literally said NO!!! out loud. I'll still get it for the co-op campaign, but won't touch the multiplayer. Just think, an hour before I was super pumped for good old Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer goodness. By the sounds of it, now the multiplayer is a Reach map pack basically :angry:

I also barely got into Oblivion. Loved F3. Having a hard time getting into New Vegas - much more sparse on quests and interesting places and the desert is teeming with Deathclaws just about everywhere I try to venture.
Yea, New Vegas and the other spin-offs didn't do it for me. FO3 captured my imagination for a few months and I haven't played it since. I was fully immersed into a game like I have never been before. I don't know if I'll ever get that experience again.

Same here. When I heard him say that stuff I literally said NO!!! out loud. I'll still get it for the co-op campaign, but won't touch the multiplayer. Just think, an hour before I was super pumped for good old Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer goodness. :angry:
Yeah, if this is their idea of what the Halo community wants, I'm out. I didn't buy the Reach map packs because that game sucks. I can't buy this game if it's just a different flavor of Reach.

Same here. When I heard him say that stuff I literally said NO!!! out loud. I'll still get it for the co-op campaign, but won't touch the multiplayer. Just think, an hour before I was super pumped for good old Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer goodness. :angry:
Yeah, if this is their idea of what the Halo community wants, I'm out. I didn't buy the Reach map packs because that game sucks. I can't buy this game if it's just a different flavor of Reach.
Every gaming forum right now is slamming them on this decision. It's basically ODST 2.0. I bet they pull the same #### and give you a Halo CE disk, a Reach multiplayer disk, and a map pack code. :wall:

I know you guys know this, but for those that don't, G4 is covering this live and has a recap show starting in 5 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread