What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (1 Viewer)

On a this theme though, exactly which of the major studios DOESN'T do the stuff people are hating on EA for? Aside from Blizzard (recently with Diable 3 and Overwatch), they all do the same thing...Ubisoft, Activision, everyone.

EA can go die in a hole and be buried alongside Activision while they get peed on every day. Please do not confuse the games they develope and the games they publish. Dragon Age, The Sims, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Titanfall, and basically every good game associated with them is not made by them, only published. On top of that they do there best in ruining the games and lower the quality for the sake of money. But boy do they rake in the bank and that is all what matters to their investors, so they are damn good at doing their job. Sadly that doesn't coincide with gamers.
Last Activision game I purchased was Modern Warfare 2.  I have no problem buying an EA game (as long as it's something I'm interested in.  I don't buy games just because of who published it).  EA gets a bad rep when guys like Nintendo get away with terrible customer service and putting out nothing but reboots and junk.   At least EA doesn't make you pay for the privilege of streaming their games on Youtube or Twitch - although I guess I should say "yet".

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I don't know if it's any faster, but not having to put in the discs is a huge plus in my mind. I'm a guy that might have three different games going at once, so this is a big benefit to me.

2) You will get 8 million opinions and arguments on this. Some people are very sensitive and passionate about game pricing. Personally, I'm a gamer, I really like games, and I buy games. I'll pay $59.99 for a 12-hour game if its good. The Witcher 3 is easily worth 25 bucks (it's a lot longer than 12 hours too.)

All that said, I have noticed console games do not get the deep discounting PC games have gotten over the years. Even five year old games still sell for $19.99 or $29.99 new. This is somewhat offset by "Games with Gold" that gives some decent older games free, and deep discounts on others. 

3) Most games are 30-50gb in size, and require a full install. So 1TB is probably 20-25 games or so. I bought an external 3TB hdd for about $100. Any USB 3.0 external drive will work.  
just a little follow up

all games run off the hard drive so you get the same install space and the same performance if you pick digital or physical. physical tend to drop price a little quicker from what i've seen. digital you also get the advantage of being able to family share if you happen to have 2 consoles. xbox does a bigger digital sale about once a quarter along with the weekly gold sales.

EA owns Bioware, Visceral Games and EA Maxis so saying they are only responsible for publishing every game on that list except Titanfall is false. (They don't own Respawn)
You are correct, except most of the nerd cred for those games were from when the original titles were made prior to EAservatude. Either way I like the games but it hurts knowing they could be better.

You are correct, except most of the nerd cred for those games were from when the original titles were made prior to EAservatude. Either way I like the games but it hurts knowing they could be better.
No offense but, while the hate for EA has a legitimate foundation in their business practices, it seems that hating EA is another means of demonstrating "nerd cred".  From my perspective ME3 = awesome, Dead Space 3 = Awesome.  The business practice sucks but the games are still legit.  It's another reason why I have been hesitant to switch to console gaming, at least with PC I know that eventually I can get any of these games around the $10 price point.  It seems unlikely that will happen with any regularity in the consoles realm.

Pretty excited for the Skyrim remaster. I have it on the PS3, which is kinda slow and buggy. And the PC, which I hate gaming on (mouse/kb bug me). 

Now I'll be buying it a 3rd time on the xbox!

Pretty excited for the Skyrim remaster. I have it on the PS3, which is kinda slow and buggy. And the PC, which I hate gaming on (mouse/kb bug me). 

Now I'll be buying it a 3rd time on the xbox!
If this is indeed happening......I am so in. I logged 230 plus hours on Skyrim on the PS3....never even finished the main quest (yet). 

In the meantime here is what I am playing currently and have in the que:

MLB The Show 16

Madden 16 (Dolphins CFM starting year 5)

Doom (halfway through the SP campaign)

Far Cry Primal

Nathan Drake Collection (playing through UC2 after finishing UC in just 8 hours)

Deus Ex Human Revolution (getting pumped up for Mankind Divided with another play through thru this highly underrated title)

In the que for the summer:

Life Is Strange

The Evil Within

Until Dawn 

No Mans Sky

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Madden 17 (8/23)

While it may have been previously discussed here eons ago, has anyone played Divinity: Original Sin?

Looks like a fun RPG at first glance, especially at a discount.

While it may have been previously discussed here eons ago, has anyone played Divinity: Original Sin?

Looks like a fun RPG at first glance, especially at a discount.
That and Pillars of Eternity - both excellent games.  Lots of detail and optional side quests.  Good walkthroughs available if you get stuck.

https://youtu.be/pfVLR-aHxzw

A new commentary team is in the booth for Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch.

Okay console controllers suck compared to mouse and keyboard.

Just awful.

Seriously, they're terrible.

The Golf Club was $5 the other day. I think I overpaid.

What were they thinking with the commentary? Sounds like Boom Goes The Dynamite guy.

I get that perhaps I shouldn't have jumped straight into Gears of War: Ultimate Edition as my training ground for console controllers but they still shouldn't be that bad.  Running around is fine but using the reticule to aim a weapon is just terrible.  What's the point of console controllers if they can't nail down a core function like aiming a weapon? I am sure a bunch it is operator error but it is obvious from the jump that it will never be as dynamic as using a mouse (or trackball).

Are there any alternatives to the standard XBox One controller?  How difficult it would be to design a controller that replaces the right stick with a trackball, honestly that seems like the only major flaw.

I get that perhaps I shouldn't have jumped straight into Gears of War: Ultimate Edition as my training ground for console controllers but they still shouldn't be that bad.  Running around is fine but using the reticule to aim a weapon is just terrible.  What's the point of console controllers if they can't nail down a core function like aiming a weapon? I am sure a bunch it is operator error but it is obvious from the jump that it will never be as dynamic as using a mouse (or trackball).

Are there any alternatives to the standard XBox One controller?  How difficult it would be to design a controller that replaces the right stick with a trackball, honestly that seems like the only major flaw.
No alternatives that I know of. If you were a hardcore PC guy, yea, I could see it being a huge difference - a controller simply isn't as precise as a mouse. But then again, look at it this way -  a mouse/keyboard is almost cheat mode. A controller is also closer to having a gun in your hand than a mouse is. You'll get used to it.   

give me a controller and my recliner / tv any day over sitting at a desk. 

I use an Xbox One controller for Doom on the PC and I find it does the job fine. Then again, I'm a console convert who is used to those controllers after all these years.

Yeah, time and patience is the only cure.  It was easier to get over chlamydia, less painful too.

At least...that's what I heard.

Yeah, time and patience is the only cure.  It was easier to get over chlamydia, less painful too.

At least...that's what I heard.
heh heh - you will get used to it. (the controller, not the... thing your friend had)

I was a hardcore PC-only player who converted w/ the xbox 360. I couldn't imagine going back now.

I use an Xbox One controller for Doom on the PC and I find it does the job fine. Then again, I'm a console convert who is used to those controllers after all these years.
You're handicapping yourself. No matter how well you do with that controller, you would do better if you learned to use the mouse.

If this is indeed happening......I am so in. I logged 230 plus hours on Skyrim on the PS3....never even finished the main quest (yet).
I'm going to hold out hope that they allow mods on consoles like in Fallout 4. It would be glorious.

Chaka said:

Dear god. Gear of war is such a love hate game for my friends as Madshot will attest to. Do yourself a favor, don't play it or if you do campaign, do it on the easiest difficulty. We play because it's nostalgia. If you never played, don't. 

Dear god. Gear of war is such a love hate game for my friends as Madshot will attest to. Do yourself a favor, don't play it or if you do campaign, do it on the easiest difficulty. We play because it's nostalgia. If you never played, don't. 
It is the biggest love hate game on the Xbox pretty much. People who play shooters don't like the controls because they are different. I'll say one thing though, if you sensitivity settings are stock, then it will feel like ####. At least up the move(1st) to about 60- 75% and the aim(2nd) to whatever your comfortable with. I have friends that play on 90-100% while I use 40-60% depending on the title. But these changes make a huge difference and if they are wrong, it can make the game feel either super sluggish or way to sensitive. Actually with every console game adjust the sensitivity as soon as you start it.

It's probably the best "I've got 10 free minutes" game I've ever played. It's fun and it's fast. 
True, but "I've got 10 free minutes" turns into 2 hours really fast when you're like  "Ok, one more game." after every game.  I hope Insein likes it.

So how does this work?  You get to DL & play for free until Sunday then if you want to continue playing you have to buy it?
Seems like it. It's like a crack dealer. They'll give you a sample cause they know you'll be back.

It is the biggest love hate game on the Xbox pretty much. People who play shooters don't like the controls because they are different. I'll say one thing though, if you sensitivity settings are stock, then it will feel like ####. At least up the move(1st) to about 60- 75% and the aim(2nd) to whatever your comfortable with. I have friends that play on 90-100% while I use 40-60% depending on the title. But these changes make a huge difference and if they are wrong, it can make the game feel either super sluggish or way to sensitive. Actually with every console game adjust the sensitivity as soon as you start it.
Thanks mad, I will give it a go.

FWIW I found the opening few missions of GoW to be pretty engaging, I just found aiming down the reticle to be frustrating as heck, so slooooooooooooooooow.  I will adjust my stick sensitivity (Phrasing, bam!).

The new game comes out in two months.  This is last year's game.
Is that a big deal?  Do you lose replay value or something?

From reading in here it doesn't seem like they change the game engine from year to year so the game play should be pretty similar if not identical.

Is that a big deal?  Do you lose replay value or something?

From reading in here it doesn't seem like they change the game engine from year to year so the game play should be pretty similar if not identical.
Madden 15 is pretty good. Might be the best since 2010 but it has its flaws. 

If you have no interest in buying the newest madden then yes that's a really good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread