What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (2 Viewers)

If you're interested, I can join you sometime.  I thought I had you already on my friends list, but I added you.  I go as TravJam on Xbox.  
Yea I see your name pop up and I was like "Who is that? I can't remember." Lol. I'll hit you up if you're on then.

After finishing a run of KOTOR 1/2, I couldn't stop and just jumped straight in to Mass Effect.  I still love the opening splash screen of that game with the planet view accompanied by the spacey music, and then the "bing" when you hit any key.  Just feels like you are about to get into something really cool.  And you are (yeah, even with the flaws that first game had).  Favorite part of this run, I found a brand new "quest" simple thing where I ran across some PTSD soldier in a hallway who bummed me for credits because he served with my mom".  I play these pretty exhaustively so I don't miss many quests in a playthrough so it's kinda fun when you are just running around and hit a "hey I didn't find this before" moment.

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed in the preceding 714 pages.  We're getting our sons a PS4 for their birthdays (turning 14).  We're not big gamers in our house, as evidenced by the fact that our previous system purchased was a Wii.  The boys like video games but don't play a lot as they have other interests.  One son is the sports guy, so I'm going to get him MLB The Show since I know it's a PS4 exclusive along with maybe NBA 2k.  The other son is a Star Wars fanatic, so I was planning on getting him Star Wars Battlefront II.  

I was looking at other options for a game they both would enjoy.  They both love action-adventure movies, so I was looking at the Uncharted games.  Would getting them Uncharted 4 be fine if they've never played the previous 3?  I should add that to start, we're not going to get them mature rated games, so I like that Uncharted is rated T.  Any other possible titles I should look at?  Anything else I should know as a novice to new systems, or places to get the best deals?  

Thanks in advance for any info.  

:lol:  

The DB's are insane. I'll throw a corner route with no underneath defender and the trailing DB will magically surge ahead of the receiver making the pick. Super frustrating. I played one round online where we both had 6 picks a piece. 
If you’re not careful it will happen. I played my buddy the other day, my QB was 0/7 with 4 picks and 2 fumbles in the first half

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed in the preceding 714 pages.  We're getting our sons a PS4 for their birthdays (turning 14).  We're not big gamers in our house, as evidenced by the fact that our previous system purchased was a Wii.  The boys like video games but don't play a lot as they have other interests.  One son is the sports guy, so I'm going to get him MLB The Show since I know it's a PS4 exclusive along with maybe NBA 2k.  The other son is a Star Wars fanatic, so I was planning on getting him Star Wars Battlefront II.  

I was looking at other options for a game they both would enjoy.  They both love action-adventure movies, so I was looking at the Uncharted games.  Would getting them Uncharted 4 be fine if they've never played the previous 3?  I should add that to start, we're not going to get them mature rated games, so I like that Uncharted is rated T.  Any other possible titles I should look at?  Anything else I should know as a novice to new systems, or places to get the best deals?  

Horizon Zero Dawn

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

After finishing a run of KOTOR 1/2, I couldn't stop and just jumped straight in to Mass Effect.  I still love the opening splash screen of that game with the planet view accompanied by the spacey music, and then the "bing" when you hit any key.  Just feels like you are about to get into something really cool.  And you are (yeah, even with the flaws that first game had).  Favorite part of this run, I found a brand new "quest" simple thing where I ran across some PTSD soldier in a hallway who bummed me for credits because he served with my mom".  I play these pretty exhaustively so I don't miss many quests in a playthrough so it's kinda fun when you are just running around and hit a "hey I didn't find this before" moment.
Always my favorite part. I've played ME1 like 25 times by now and I always find a little line or area or mission I never noticed before. A recent playthrough, there was a mission near the end game that I never did in all my playthroughs because it required 90% paragon. I don't think I got above 90% since my first playthrough until this one. The game is just incredible.

Uncharted 4 is a sequel. Unfortunately I haven't played it yet. I played the 1st 3 on PS3, they all connect. There are relationships that are built over the games, but the main cast stays the same. Overall it probably wouldn't be too difficult to figure out who's who and is there for what. Each game goes to a different place and is its own adventure really.

Uncharted Lost Legacy --->   Uncharted 4

You technically don't need to play the others. The story might be a little confusing with some of the other characters but it is a "stand alone" task.

just download fornite and wish you never bought the thing.  That's all they are going to play. 

Bucky86 said:
Monster Hunter

God of War(I've never played but its supposed to be great.) Just saw it's rated M. Nevermind.
God of War should be fine for 14 year old. Its violent but not GTAV violent

I play Battlefront 2.  It’s the Star Wars game everybody flipped out over cuz of loot boxes.

Actually a pretty good game once those were taken out if you like Star Wars and multiplayer shooters.

mozzy84 said:
just download fornite and wish you never bought the thing.  That's all they are going to play. 
I'd go with this and tell them you'll give them $60 in PS Store credit to buy whatever they want.  I'll bet you they pick Fortnight outfits.

I'm going crazy trying to not buy this Spiderman game.  I know if I wait a month or two it'll be 1/2 price at least, but I don't think I have the will power. 

I'm going crazy trying to not buy this Spiderman game.  I know if I wait a month or two it'll be 1/2 price at least, but I don't think I have the will power. 
No it won't. It's an A+ title that seems to be getting great reviews. It won't be $29.99 for quite awhile (that's half price). This isn't Prey. 

No it won't. It's an A+ title that seems to be getting great reviews. It won't be $29.99 for quite awhile (that's half price). This isn't Prey. 
The secondary market will be flooded with copies.  You can already get Madden for $40 on there (eBay)

Last edited by a moderator:
Between that Tomb Raider and RDR2, it'll be a day one purchase for me
Red Dead makes sense to buy day 1 because of the multiplayer content (though I hope they delay it like with GTA).  Spidey won't have anything that will set you back if you aren't in it from the beginning. 

The secondary market will be flooded with copies.  You can already get Madden for $40 on there (eBay)
If you really want to save a few bucks, sure, wait. You will get it cheaper on ebay in a month or two. But you said it would be at least half price in a month. That's what I was disagreeing with. 

If you really want to save a few bucks, sure, wait. You will get it cheaper on ebay in a month or two. But you said it would be at least half price in a month. That's what I was disagreeing with.
A month or two.  Madden has been out less than a month and there are already copies going for as low as $33.50.  In another month it'll be even less. 

Red Dead makes sense to buy day 1 because of the multiplayer content (though I hope they delay it like with GTA).  Spidey won't have anything that will set you back if you aren't in it from the beginning. 
I'm saying I have to complete Spiderman before I get RDR. Im not playing anything else right now.

I managed not to pull the Spiderman trigger last night.  It was REALLY tough when I saw the commercial during football last night.

I managed not to pull the Spiderman trigger last night.  It was REALLY tough when I saw the commercial during football last night.
My sister bought this game for me for my birthday last year, so I'm hoping it's at the house when I get off work today!

Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spider-Man.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spider-Man.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Wherever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider-Man.

To each their own of course, but I never really understood this. You're an adult. If you like games, and you want the game, then I say go buy the game. We're talking $20 saved by torturing yourself for a month or two. Sooo not worth it.

Now, if you don't care and won't think about it, then sure, absolutely wait for a lower price. I do that on tons of games. But for games I really want (and have time to play - assuming I don't have another title I'm deep into), I'm not waiting to save what amounts to coffee money.  

Last edited by a moderator:
To each their own of course, but I never really understood this. You're an adult. If you like games, and you want the game, then I say go buy the game. We're talking $20 saved by torturing yourself for a month or two. Sooo not worth it.

Now, if you don't care and won't think about it, then sure, absolutely wait for a lower price. I do that on tons of games. But for games I really want (and have time to play - assuming I don't have another title I'm deep into), I'm not waiting to save what amounts to coffee money.  
The biggest reason I didn't is because if I play through it now, I'll have a hard time getting back into it when DLC hits.  I want to wait for a GOTY edition and get it with all DLC and play through it all the first time.

The biggest reason I didn't is because if I play through it now, I'll have a hard time getting back into it when DLC hits.  I want to wait for a GOTY edition and get it with all DLC and play through it all the first time.
Yea, I do see your point of wanting it all at once, especially if any DLC adds to the main story. Plus, the game is fully patched too. GOTY editions are usually a great value.

For me, I can't stay interested in a title long enough to play all of the DLC right away anyway. For example, if I finish Witcher 3, I've had enough Witcher 3 for awhile, and will get to Blood and Wine (or whatever it was called) in a few months. 

Glad I held of on Spider-Man.  It's awesome and all, but it's one of those games that's super repetitive.  I was able to play for like 6 or 7 hours last night via playshare with my buddy.  Kind of hard since there seems to be some slight input lag, but I was still able to trigger "perfect" timing on the spidey sense, so couldn't have been too bad.  I've play shared a ton of games with this dude and the graphics are usually a little crappy, but Spidey still looked fantastic. I bet this thing looks AMAZING ;) on a PS4Pro on a 4k screen. 

A month or two.  Madden has been out less than a month and there are already copies going for as low as $33.50.  In another month it'll be even less. 
Sports games are a very different breed tho. They only have a strict 12 month lifespan. Same with any annual title like COD (tho CODs do generally hold up a little better). Story driven campaign games, especially ones the likes of hype levels like spiderman, Red Dead, etc, (which usually hold up to the hype, that's the important part) hold their value a long time. I'd guess the cheapest you'll find Spiderman in the next 4 months is Black Friday.

Anyone play the Battlefield V beta at all yet?
played a couple of hours last night. I'm on the PC with a pretty old rig but it ran fine on medium settings (other than a few bugs)

Graphics were good (expect better with a Console or a newer vid card) and the environments are good. Typical battlefield quality there. Gun play is good and I can definitely see a skill gap (which is a good thing)

But there are definitely some head scratching game design issues. First off, I dont see why they went with another historical game after BF1. Really feel like they misread the market in a big way. Should have gone modern. I think it will hurt their sales in a big way.  I just want to slap an ACOG on an M4 and shoot some folks. Running around with iron sights doesn't do it for me.

But the big issue is the "Attrition System" which is basically a moronic decision that they made to start you off with basically no ammo. I only played assault last night, but this goes across all classes They start you out with only 2 mags of ammo. With the base assault gun, that means 2 32 round mags. This goes very fast on an auto fire gun, so I was constantly finding myself hunting ammo. Killed 3 guys? You're down to your pistol. (unless you take the time to loot an enemy) Take some pot shots at a squad that's far away? 1/3 of your ammo is gone. Its ludicrous. Yes, there are ammo stations around the map (which adds some importance to controlling certain points, which i guess is a good thing) but as someone who mostly plays with randoms, I know that the average BF player is not going to be going out of their way to give ammo to strangers. So I could see lots of frustration where a great run is interrupted by running out of ammo.

Priority 1 for a game should be fun. Hunting for ammo after you've killed 3 people is not fun. It slows down game play and will definitely cut down on those "battlefield moments" where you go on a 10-12 kill streak because of skilled play. That sucks.  I dont want to get killed because I blew through 2 mags and had to search a body for ammo..

Sports games are a very different breed tho. They only have a strict 12 month lifespan. Same with any annual title like COD (tho CODs do generally hold up a little better). Story driven campaign games, especially ones the likes of hype levels like spiderman, Red Dead, etc, (which usually hold up to the hype, that's the important part) hold their value a long time. I'd guess the cheapest you'll find Spiderman in the next 4 months is Black Friday.
People will beat it within a week and will have it on eBay/Craig's List/LetGo within 2.   I'm not talking about a sale from a retailer. 

I don't even think I'll be looking since I think I'll probably beat it this weekend with my buddy, but we'll revisit in Oct and see what it can be found for. 

Spiderman combat is much harder than I thought it would be. 
Don't try to pick a guy to aim at/fight with, hit triangle and you'll websling to a guy.  O (dodge) is your best friend.  That first fight against Kingpin I probably died 5 or 6 times... at least.  After that I probably only died 3 or 4 times total (45% done).  Your skills/gadgets/addons help alot. 

Any of you XB1 guys wanting to play PUBG let me know. They added the new map, Sanhook. I’m kind of addicted to the game now. Stuck on 3 wins but I’ve made a lot of top 10s recently. 

Strategy - load up guns immediately, find either motorcycle or off-road vehicle. Drive to center of second circle, wait for plane to drop package, drive and level 3 up. Go to middle of 3rd circle and prep for top 10. This works almost every time unless the package drops in a city.

Any of you XB1 guys wanting to play PUBG let me know. They added the new map, Sanhook. I’m kind of addicted to the game now. Stuck on 3 wins but I’ve made a lot of top 10s recently. 

Strategy - load up guns immediately, find either motorcycle or off-road vehicle. Drive to center of second circle, wait for plane to drop package, drive and level 3 up. Go to middle of 3rd circle and prep for top 10. This works almost every time unless the package drops in a city.
I'm going to start playing again soon. I'm way out of practice though. Haven't played since like March and now it's all changed.

Been playing a ton of madden 19. Full fantasy draft to start and I’m in the playoffs of season 3 so that’s roughly 40 games including playoffs....

I fired up ESPN2K5 on my xbox360. I’m 5 games in and it’s hands down a better game. It’s not even close. Soooooo good. 

I just started Horizon Zero Dawn. I like it waaaaay more than Witcher 3 (I stopped after hitting lvl 10), which I'll probably get back to after HZD.

I got an email with 3 codes for the Blackout beta on XBox one if anyone wants one. It's the Black Ops 4 version of battle royale. I haven't tried it yet.

Can anyone recommend an Xbox One game that is similar to Tomb Raider -- puzzles, climbing, maybe some stealth...

but with no violence. 
Batman Arkham games.   Minor violence, but I can't think of any other game that comes close unless you go with a side-scroller.  Maybe Beyond Good & Evil.

Users who are viewing this thread