What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings at Texans (1 Viewer)

Houston needs to win this game, or they might have to win at Indy next week to hold on to a bye if Denver and NE both win out (HOuston would drop to the 3 seed if that happens).
I recall a recent comment suggesting that a team with a first round Bye hasn't won the Super Bowl in X amount of years. Something to the effect the Bye has on interrupting the roll a team needs to be on to progress through the playoffs.
New Orleans won the Super Bowl in 2009 when they had a bye. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl in 2008 when they had a bye.
Your "stats" mean nothing compared to the spotty recollection of something that someone may have said in my vicinity.

I haven't seen Minnesota play the run this well since Pat Williams retired. This is a superb effort against one of the best rushing attacks in the league.

Is there a single aspect of the game the Vikings aren't winning? Can't think of one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston needs to win this game, or they might have to win at Indy next week to hold on to a bye if Denver and NE both win out (HOuston would drop to the 3 seed if that happens).
I recall a recent comment suggesting that a team with a first round Bye hasn't won the Super Bowl in X amount of years. Something to the effect the Bye has on interrupting the roll a team needs to be on to progress through the playoffs.
New Orleans won the Super Bowl in 2009 when they had a bye. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl in 2008 when they had a bye.
Your "stats" mean nothing compared to the spotty recollection of something that someone may have said in my vicinity.
:confused: I'm just giving you the facts, man. Jeez.

How many teams made their league's Championship game primarily thanks to Foster and ADP? This has got to be painful for those owners.

Oh, look! A nice Texans run by Ben Tate.

Is there a single aspect of the game the Vikings aren't winning? Can't think of one.
Lot of little things not going Houston's way either. Tate finally gets sprung for a nice gain and trips over is own shoe laces. Next play Owen Daniels with a drop. Then throws a dart to Andre for the 1st who is slow to get up and comes off the field. Next play Schuab loses the ball. Comedy of errors.Edit: Then quick strike on a blown coverage to Walter, knee down at the one.

How many teams made their league's Championship game primarily thanks to Foster and ADP? This has got to be painful for those owners.

Oh, look! A nice Texans run by Ben Tate.
I have Foster and ADP. Just barely holding on. Not what I expected.

1st and goal at the 1 and you don't run Foster a single time you deserve to lose this game Houston

I am pretty sure Foster is done for the day. No injury, they are just going to play Tate. He's not even wearing his helmet on the sideline.

In other news, JJ Watt was credited with a full sack instead of the half sack originally tought. Puts him at 20.5

Brooks Reed getting taped up, looks to have maybe reaggravated his groin injury. Probably no coincidence that Peterson finally had a big run with Reed out.

How is that not a penalty?

Helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver? I may not like the rule but that was clearly a penalty in today's NFL.

Watt should have two more sacks today, but Ponder has thrown it away very foolishly (IMO) at the last moment. But somehow Houston Def can't capitalize on a floater up for grabs.

How is that not a penalty?Helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver? I may not like the rule but that was clearly a penalty in today's NFL.
Should have been a penalty in today's NFL. IMO, it didn't seem intentional from the slo-mo replay so IDK about a fine. Jackson goes low, but the receiver does too at the last moment

Houston is willing to lose the game to stop Peterson. All out 11 guys to cover the run. And it keeps getting them burned.

Users who are viewing this thread