What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Visited the Pro Football HOF yesterday (1 Viewer)

Lefty27

Footballguy
It was a great day yesterday. I was in Canton, Ohio area on business and spent a few hours in the Pro Football HOF.

If you haven't been there - GO. Definite Bucket List item. My two brothers and I are going to take our father (big dad is 67) there next year - rent a Winnebago and take it all in. Can't wait. :football:

My first time there - just so happened to be on the 88th anniversary of the birth of the NFL (though it was called by a different name that I cannot remember at the moment). I cannot decide whether my favorite part was the chronological history display in the Rotunda of the 1st century of pro football (1892 - 1992); or the bronze statues HOF section. Couldn't go wrong either way. I didn't make it to the interactive section of the HOF with the Madden's NFL and the like.

However, I bought (and am wearing) my Canton Bulldogs Mitchell & Ness jersey! :thumbup:

Who's been to the HOF? What was your favorite part?

I'm originally from Akron and whenever I go back to visit my family, I make sure to find a way to stop in. You can easily spend the day there. I think the thing that amazes me is how much new stuff seems to be added each time. I enjoy the case with all the Superbowl rings. Pretty cool to see how they have evolved since SB I. I really want to make a trip up for a HOF induction and game.

I also grew up in Akron, and have NEVER been to the HOF :thumbdown: I don't know why, but I've just never made the trip down to Canton to make a visit. Driven by it many times, but just have never gone.

I hate to say it, but I was underwhelmed my last time there (about 2 weeks ago). I grew up in Canton and have gone quite a few times. Maybe some of the novelty has worn off. It seems like they should have more displays of memorabilia though. And the Gameday Stadium is not good at all. When it first came out, they started you out inside a lockeroom, through the tunnel, out onto the field, etc. It was an awesome experience. Now they just show outdated footage of some training camp stuff and some in-game stuff. It didn't have the same feel of putting you in the middle of the action like the old one did.

The Super Bowl ring display was definitely cool though. The Patriot rings sure are ugly. Huge, but ugly.

I did think that the military display was really cool though. Probably my favorite part when I went last.

I really think that they need to expand the hall and make a permanent NFL Experience in there. They had it outside the Hall before one of the HOF games and it was a ton of fun. Getting time by lasers running the 40 yard dash, catching passes from a JUGS machine, running through tackling dummies, etc. was a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread