What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VOTE!!! (1 Viewer)

Mr. Ected

Footballguy
I don't intend for this to be a political topic, but Joe if you feel it is, please move it.

I worked for many years in a small not-for-profit organization here in DC that did "international democratic development." Notice the small "d," we did work that was not tied to any party (we called it bi-partisan), in fact we usually had the directors of both the parties on our BOD. One of the main things we did at the beginning was to do election monitoring (to make sure that everyone was treated fairly and equally in an election). I always wondered if our own elections would pass the same tests!.

The idea of this post is to make sure that even though this is not a big-time election year, there are usually important things to vote for in your state, county, town, etc. I live in VA and we are having elections for Gov, Lt. Gov, Attorney General, and many others. We have been drowned in election adds, almost to the extent of a presidential election year!

It doesn't take long, you might even be able to do it absentee (I was able to go to my County Clerk's office to vote in person today).

:2cents:

:goodposting:

I would be strongly in favor of every VA FBG who reads this post voting in the gubernatorial election. And encouraging everyone they know, especially those 18-35, what happens when you sit one out. Please try hard to come up with some sort of modern-day parable about the dangers of not voting. 
I think we are living a parable right now

Last election I was told by Trump and Hillary supporters that if I didn't vote for their candidate it was like voting for the other candidate, even if I went 3rd party. So I obviously got 2 votes last cycle, I don't think I am allowed to vote this time. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread