What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Week 16 (1 Viewer)

Futz

Footballguy
Believe it or not, some of us are still doing a patchwork job all the way to a championship.

Cameron Artis Payne and I do have ww priority over my opponent. :) :happydance:

Dare I say Christine Michael vs STL?
C-Mike has to be the #1 pick-up for this week. I'm sure Adrian Peterson owners who have made it this far will be searching the wire if he can't go or is limited.

What Russell Wilson says if my take-away.

Fresh legs this late on a power run team like Seattle who gets a RB who knows their system and ran hot in his first game when his HC said he'd play the hot-hand?

The skids are greased for him to put up 'good-nuff' stats for anyone needing help on the wire.

=====

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 5h5 hours ago
Consensus on Christine Michael in locker room: More focused and serious this time around.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 4h4 hours ago
Wilson on Christine Michael: "to get a talent like that this late in the season is a big deal."

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-3-things-christine-michael-makes-an-impact-in-win-over-browns/

Running back Christine Michael
Michael was the Seahawks’ best running back.

It was the Great Fantasy Football question: How would the Seahawks split up carries among Derrick Coleman, Bryce Brown and Michael? Coleman got the start, and Brown came off the bench first, but it was Michael who had the best day.

Michael carried the ball 16 times for 84 yards, an average of 5.3 per carry. That’s the most yards Michael has gained in a game. He ran hard. He bounced off tacklers. He looked explosive, quick and physical.

... Michael’s talent spills over. Former NFL scout Louis Riddick once said Michael was the most gifted running back drafted in the past five years, and a strength-and-conditioning coach who worked with both players said Michael was as explosive as Adrian Peterson. The talent was never the problem. It was how Michael deployed that talent.

Now he’s back, and in his first game with the Seahawks, he looked more like the player the Seahawks were hoping they had drafted in the second round.

C-Mike has to be the #1 pick-up for this week. I'm sure Adrian Peterson owners who have made it this far will be searching the wire if he can't go or is limited.What Russell Wilson says if my take-away.

Fresh legs this late on a power run team like Seattle who gets a RB who knows their system and ran hot in his first game when his HC said he'd play the hot-hand?

The skids are greased for him to put up 'good-nuff' stats for anyone needing help on the wire.

=====

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 5h5 hours ago

Consensus on Christine Michael in locker room: More focused and serious this time around.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 4h4 hours ago

Wilson on Christine Michael: "to get a talent like that this late in the season is a big deal."

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-3-things-christine-michael-makes-an-impact-in-win-over-browns/

Running back Christine Michael

Michael was the Seahawks best running back.

It was the Great Fantasy Football question: How would the Seahawks split up carries among Derrick Coleman, Bryce Brown and Michael? Coleman got the start, and Brown came off the bench first, but it was Michael who had the best day.

Michael carried the ball 16 times for 84 yards, an average of 5.3 per carry. Thats the most yards Michael has gained in a game. He ran hard. He bounced off tacklers. He looked explosive, quick and physical.

... Michaels talent spills over. Former NFL scout Louis Riddick once said Michael was the most gifted running back drafted in the past five years, and a strength-and-conditioning coach who worked with both players said Michael was as explosive as Adrian Peterson. The talent was never the problem. It was how Michael deployed that talent.

Now hes back, and in his first game with the Seahawks, he looked more like the player the Seahawks were hoping they had drafted in the second round.
Oh I agree he is the #1 add this week. I didn't know if it was the elephant in the room and the thread would explode to 90+ pages if his name was mentioned.

I'm happy that both teams in our Championship game have used their max transactions for the year.

But if I had a move left:

• Cousins (though most of his stats came at home, he's been good on the road as well lately)
  • McKinnon
  • K Williams / Gillslee
  • C A-P
  • Diggs (home v. NYG) - just in case he was dropped :bag:

i can't believe all this talk about CMike winning people championships this season could actually come true next week :loco:

Am cruising to the finals. Am comfortable in the RB position, but nevertheless I picked up two RB's today so that my opponents cannot get them. Short bench league (4 on bench/9 play = 13 total) and 12 teams + PPR.

Picked up Woodhead & Bilal Powell (PPR league). After changes my RB's are: Freeman, Hightower, Forte, Powell and Woodhead.

Might even sit Freeman WK16 as they play Carolina, he had a horrible outing with them in WK14. Curious to see how Hightower plays tonight.

I would think true c-Mike believers never cut him. Our 12th place team started him yesterday. Started 6-3, finished 6-9. Guess the nice thing about losing the 11th place game is you get a bye Week 16.

I'm happy that both teams in our Championship game have used their max transactions for the year.

But if I had a move left:

• Cousins (though most of his stats came at home, he's been good on the road as well lately)
  • McKinnon
  • K Williams / Gillslee
  • C A-P
  • Diggs (home v. NYG) - just in case he was dropped :bag:
Diggs for those about to lose Beckham...

C-Mike has to be the #1 pick-up for this week.
I currently have Woodhead over him in my league (PPR) with Michael second. If Gordon's out I'm definitely going Woodhead. Chargers have another great matchup this week on Thursday night.
Depends on how deep/thin your benches are.

C-Mike should have been available on more WWs due to the fact he was cut and a late add to Seattle. He wasn't even plugged into our WW system until right before our wire got tripped last week so other teams missed him and went for the obvious adds and I was able to pick him up after our wire got tripped so he's still probably available on more waiver wires than Woodhead who has been with the Chargers all year and has posted decent numbers.

I would think true c-Mike believers never cut him. Our 12th place team started him yesterday. Started 6-3, finished 6-9. Guess the nice thing about losing the 11th place game is you get a bye Week 16.
In my big money league I played against a guy who is known in the league (the league is like 15 years running) for doing unorthodox things.

Guy got cute and started Christine Michael and hit with him... but he benched Emmanuel Sanders to do it. :lmao:

I currently have Woodhead over him in my league (PPR) with Michael second. If Gordon's out I'm definitely going Woodhead. Chargers have another great matchup this week on Thursday night.

C-Mike should have been available on more WWs due to the fact he was cut and a late add to Seattle. He wasn't even plugged into our WW system until right before our wire got tripped last week so other teams missed him and went for the obvious adds and I was able to pick him up after our wire got tripped so he's still probably available on more waiver wires than Woodhead who has been with the Chargers all year and has posted decent numbers.
Agreed. Woodhead has been pretty unproductive lately so I could see him having been dropped in a lot of leagues, especially with all the new starting RBs emerging the last few weeks.

Agreed. Woodhead has been pretty unproductive lately so I could see him having been dropped in a lot of leagues, especially with all the new starting RBs emerging the last few weeks.
I was one of the guys that dropped Woodhead (PPR) for Rawls and fortunately he was never picked up. I'm hurting now at RB (like most people) as Miller who I own is now a boom or Bust RB who can't be trusted in championship week.

I also have Draughns knee injury and I'm down to Yeldon and D. Robinson.

Woodhead has to be the better pickup over C-Mike right? or maybe McKinnon if Peterson sits?

What about McCoy - he got nicked up as well. Maybe Karlos or Gillisee?
Karlos Williams is on my radar for sure this week. I know Gillisee's involved now but Williams has looked really good this season and I think he's the one with the higher ceiling.

right now without any further info this week my #1 pickup would be ajayi and it's not really close. sounds like the miller situation is getting ugly and contentious, and i think there's at least a 25% chance he's going to sit the last 2 games for one reason or another.

ajayi at home vs indy could win you your championship game.

why do you think Miller will sit?
i don't. i think there's a chance, as he is banged up, there seems to be a disconnect between him and the FO/coaching staff, and he's an FA next year, and with them having nothing to play for, they may want to see what they have in ajayi over the next two weeks and give him a full load.

i'm just saying right now, ahead of any further info this week, ajayi's currently #1 on my radar, considering if he were to get the full workload in that matchup, he can win you your championship game. can't say the same about michael or artis-payne, imo.

Depends on how deep/thin your benches are.C-Mike should have been available on more WWs due to the fact he was cut and a late add to Seattle. He wasn't even plugged into our WW system until right before our wire got tripped last week so other teams missed him and went for the obvious adds and I was able to pick him up after our wire got tripped so he's still probably available on more waiver wires than Woodhead who has been with the Chargers all year and has posted decent numbers.
That's what I did. He'll go back to 2-3 points for people in the championship that have forgiven him and decide to chase those points.

Depends on how deep/thin your benches are.C-Mike should have been available on more WWs due to the fact he was cut and a late add to Seattle. He wasn't even plugged into our WW system until right before our wire got tripped last week so other teams missed him and went for the obvious adds and I was able to pick him up after our wire got tripped so he's still probably available on more waiver wires than Woodhead who has been with the Chargers all year and has posted decent numbers.
That's what I did. He'll go back to 2-3 points for people in the championship that have forgiven him and decide to chase those points.
Me too. Thrice bitten, never again. If I get to final and Woody does me in, so be it.

Bilal Powell for sure, PPR or not. Been more productive than Ivory the past 3 weeks and plays NE coming up.

If I survive this week, I'm putting in claims to drop Ware & Bryce Brown for James White, CMike and/or Woodhead (standard scoring redraft)

I might even pick up Cousins or another QB & Bench Palmer next week

As a Miller/Ajayi owner I hope one sits for my championship game, but reality since am sitting both and starting Landry or Lockett.

Going for C Michael off waivers .. everyone else gone

God help me I'm going back for more CMike. Also looking at getting Ajayi back if Miller is to take a backseat. My WRs, who have been my bread and butter all season, all have horrific match ups so I need some points from my RB... who are all backups thanks to the injury bug.

Denard strained his foot, so if Yeldon is still out, Jonas Gray could get a nice matchup @NO. Probably a RB3 at best but if you're desperate.

If you're in a tough spot at RB, I'd recommend giving a look at Joey Iosefa. Guy is 245 lbs, great athlete who can really run, has good hands, hits guys like Coty Sensabaugh hard, and is primed to fill the NE Blount role. He does have the Jets this week though, so that puts a little damper on the fun....

With injuries at RB (I can never remember this many RBs injured in a season!), Lamar Miller in the dog house, and Beckham facing a suspension I'm kind of stuck at Flex. Go with Buck Allen? Pick up Randle? God help me if I pick up CMike and he loses me the championship... But I just might

What are we expecting with Randle? Targets haven't been there all year but ODB has been. My receivers have deplorable match ups and I'm looking to replace AJ Green. DGB is out there too in a lot of leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are we expecting with Randle? Targets haven't been there all year but ODB has been. My receivers have deplorable match ups and I'm looking to replace AJ Green. DGB is out there too in a lot of leagues.
The way I see it, the targets have to go to someone. In the past when Beckham has had a be,ow average game Randle has done well. If I remember right.

Thinking about adding James White, or blocking opponent and grabbing Randle.

I need a RB to play though. I wouldn't be playing Randle.

It also stinks as non-playoff teams can make claims.

right now without any further info this week my #1 pickup would be ajayi and it's not really close. sounds like the miller situation is getting ugly and contentious, and i think there's at least a 25% chance he's going to sit the last 2 games for one reason or another.

On the flip side, I think there's a 75% chance that the Miami coaching staff continues to baffle everyone and Miller starts, gets the lion's share of carries, and trounces the Indy D.

On the flip side, I think there's a 75% chance that the Miami coaching staff continues to baffle everyone and Miller starts, gets the lion's share of carries, and trounces the Indy D.
Yeah Miami has been just that confusing this year. Something is up with Miller and the offense that has carried over from Philbin regime or is generated by front office. Im avoiding it all and rolling Hightower I think. Ajayi will be feast or famine and there probably wont be any clarity before the game

What about McCoy - he got nicked up as well. Maybe Karlos or Gillisee?
:yes:

feels really frigging stange to have picked up Michael last week and might have to roll with Christine Michael and DeAngelo Williams in our week 16 conference championship.

Alfred Blue is still out on our wife in a 14 teamer. I'm playing in the Championship and CMike, Blue and CAP are all out there. How would you rank them?

Blue plays Tenn which is a nice matchup

CAP plays ATL, but JStew might be back

CMike plays StL's solid defensive front which makes me nervous. Although I think he has the highest ceiling.

Alfred Blue is still out on our wife in a 14 teamer. I'm playing in the Championship and CMike, Blue and CAP are all out there. How would you rank them?

Blue plays Tenn which is a nice matchup

CAP plays ATL, but JStew might be back

CMike plays StL's solid defensive front which makes me nervous. Although I think he has the highest ceiling.
If he's on you wife, I don't want him.

Blue

C Mike

CAP

If you're in a tough spot at RB, I'd recommend giving a look at Joey Iosefa. Guy is 245 lbs, great athlete who can really run, has good hands, hits guys like Coty Sensabaugh hard, and is primed to fill the NE Blount role. He does have the Jets this week though, so that puts a little damper on the fun....
Also, Steven Jackson signed after that game. Likely gets most/all of Iosefa's action.

Users who are viewing this thread