What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

'dmac37 said:
'dmac37 said:
Jeff,Who do you think got the better end of this deal in PPR?Witten & Jacoby JonesforCooley, S. Smith (NYG) & Fred Davis
Since I am avoiding the skins as much as possible, I would lean toward the Witten side. It is fair and the health of Smith (and where he plays next yr) will likely decide who "won" the deal
Good to hear as I was on the Witten side.If I remember you seem to value older WR's on the cheap like Driver and Mason types. I'm in need of a #2 WR behind Roddy and all I have right now are S. Smith (Car), H. Ward, MSW and some young WR's with potential. Any hope that one of my current veteran WR's can fill that #2 spot in 2011? What undervalued WR's would you recommend going after to fill my #2 WR spot in PPR?
I think there is hope. Smith and Ward are very cheap right now and could rebound. Cheap veterans I like:Chambers - waiver wireBurress - waiver wireHoush/Cotch very cheap or waiversMason - very cheapMark Clayton - very cheapGaffney (with Royal and Thomas injuries) - very cheap or waiversTerrell Owens only if very cheap Ochocinco if cheap enough since assumed he will not be in Cincy next yrI do also like Sanders, Simpson & Caldwell for relatively cheap young guys.

Jeff, this is a Zealots ZFAC (Auctions/Contracts IDP league with $5,000 cap) - this is a team I've been rebuilding for 2 years and I've been offered the following:

Kenny Britt ($130 2011R) + Mario Williams ($157 2012V) for Benjarvis Green-Ellis ($65 2013E) + Charles Johnson ($10 2012V) + Sean Weatherspoon ($50 Taxi Squad)

If you're not familiar with ZFAC, a "R" is a rookie contract - assigned after drafting a player and when the contract is up there's an auction for the player but the original owner can match and keep him. V contracts expire and are up for bidding and can't be matched (can be extended to an "E" but costs a lot if the player is top-12 at his position.

I'm not a huge BJGE fan, he's got worth no doubt, but I think last year was a career year for him so getting a guy like Kenny Britt (who I think is more talented of a WR than BJGE is as a RB) is a win. However, Britt's price will go up after next year when he becomes an RFA while BJGE is very cheap for 3 years. I like Charles Johnson more than Mario Williams, both due to the extreme low contract I have Johnson under and the fact that Houston may be moving to a 3-4 next year. Weatherspoon is a guy I like as well, and he's still sitting on my taxi squad ready to be activated at any time to a $50 3-year rookie contract.

So, I'm asking your opinion of whether or not you think Britt is worth the downgrade at DL (I should also mention that I am a big fan of Mario Williams, 2010 was an off year but what scares me more is the move to a 3-4 for his numbers next year), the loss of Weatherspoon, and the increased cap number.

My roster before making the trade is this (I list OPEN where I plan to pursue a FA to fill the position - I still have quite a bit of cap room due to the number of rookies on this squad). This is going to be my first year of being competitive after stockpiling draft choices the last few years.

One other note is that WR was not a position I was planning on addressing this offseason. While not extremely strong, I'm fairly solid with Bryant, Welker and Harvin at the starters positions. As the holder of 1.03, I expect to draft A.J. Green or Julio Jones as well this season.

QB1: OPEN - targeting Drew Brees

QB2: Chad Henne

QB3: Shaun Hill

QB4: Dan LeFevour

RB1: OPEN - targeting Frank Gore or Michael Turner

RB2: Knowshon Moreno

RB3: Ryan Mathews

RB4: Chris Wells

RB5: Tashard Choice

RB6: BJGE

RB7: Brandon Jackson

WR1: Dez Bryant

WR2: Wes Welker

WR3: Percy Harvin

WR4: Steve Breaston

WR5: Brandon Tate

WR6: Eddie Royal

WR7: Jason Hill

WR8: Riley Cooper

TE1: OPEN - targeting Kellen Winslow in a TEBC approach

TE2: Marcedes Lewis

TE3: John Carlson

TE5: Travis Beckum

DL1: Charles Johnson

DL2: Chris Long

DL3: Justin Smith

DL4: Kroy Biermann

LB1: OPEN - targeting Jon Beason

LB2: OPEN - targeting Karlos Dansby

LB3: Nick Barnett

LB4: Rocky McIntosh

LB5: Lofa Tatupu

LB6: Ernie Sims

LB7: Justin Durant

DB1: Laron Landry

DB2: OPEN

DB3: Tramon Williams

DB4: Bryant McFadden

Taxi Squad: RB Toby Gerhart, WR Damian Williams, LB Sean Weatherspoon

2011 Draft Picks 1.03, 1.06, 2.03, 3.09, 5.11, 6.03

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, this is a Zealots ZFAC (Auctions/Contracts IDP league with $5,000 cap) - this is a team I've been rebuilding for 2 years and I've been offered the following:Kenny Britt ($130 2011R) + Mario Williams ($157 2012V) for Benjarvis Green-Ellis ($65 2013E) + Charles Johnson ($10 2012V) + Sean Weatherspoon ($50 Taxi Squad)If you're not familiar with ZFAC, a "R" is a rookie contract - assigned after drafting a player and when the contract is up there's an auction for the player but the original owner can match and keep him. V contracts expire and are up for bidding and can't be matched (can be extended to an "E" but costs a lot if the player is top-12 at his position.I'm not a huge BJGE fan, he's got worth no doubt, but I think last year was a career year for him so getting a guy like Kenny Britt (who I think is more talented of a WR than BJGE is as a RB) is a win. However, Britt's price will go up after next year when he becomes an RFA while BJGE is very cheap for 3 years. I like Charles Johnson more than Mario Williams, both due to the extreme low contract I have Johnson under and the fact that Houston may be moving to a 3-4 next year. Weatherspoon is a guy I like as well, and he's still sitting on my taxi squad ready to be activated at any time to a $50 3-year rookie contract.So, I'm asking your opinion of whether or not you think Britt is worth the downgrade at DL (I should also mention that I am a big fan of Mario Williams, 2010 was an off year but what scares me more is the move to a 3-4 for his numbers next year), the loss of Weatherspoon, and the increased cap number.My roster before making the trade is this (I list OPEN where I plan to pursue a FA to fill the position - I still have quite a bit of cap room due to the number of rookies on this squad). This is going to be my first year of being competitive after stockpiling draft choices the last few years.One other note is that WR was not a position I was planning on addressing this offseason. While not extremely strong, I'm fairly solid with Bryant, Welker and Harvin at the starters positions. As the holder of 1.03, I expect to draft A.J. Green or Julio Jones as well this season.QB1: OPEN - targeting Drew BreesQB2: Chad HenneQB3: Shaun HillQB4: Dan LeFevourRB1: OPEN - targeting Frank Gore or Michael TurnerRB2: Knowshon MorenoRB3: Ryan MathewsRB4: Chris WellsRB5: Tashard ChoiceRB6: BJGERB7: Brandon JacksonWR1: Dez BryantWR2: Wes WelkerWR3: Percy HarvinWR4: Steve BreastonWR5: Brandon TateWR6: Eddie RoyalWR7: Jason HillWR8: Riley CooperTE1: OPEN - targeting Kellen Winslow in a TEBC approachTE2: Marcedes LewisTE3: John CarlsonTE5: Travis BeckumDL1: Charles JohnsonDL2: Chris LongDL3: Justin SmithDL4: Kroy BiermannLB1: OPEN - targeting Jon BeasonLB2: OPEN - targeting Karlos DansbyLB3: Nick BarnettLB4: Rocky McIntoshLB5: Lofa TatupuLB6: Ernie SimsLB7: Justin DurantDB1: Laron LandryDB2: OPENDB3: Tramon WilliamsDB4: Bryant McFaddenTaxi Squad: RB Toby Gerhart, WR Damian Williams, LB Sean Weatherspoon2011 Draft Picks 1.03, 1.06, 2.03, 3.09, 5.11, 6.03
If a non-contract league, I would do the deal in a heartbeat. But, I do not like the huge increase in salaries. I am not worried much about Mario, but acquiring Britt as a RFA does not help you rebuild since you have to lock up so much cap for him.

Jeff, I am relatively new to dynasty and have enjoyed keeping up with your thoughts and advice in this thread. I am in a 12 team PPR league in it's second season. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex (RB, WR,TE) Here is my roster, I finished in 3rd in the innagural season.

QB - Mcnabb, Cassel, Hasselbeck

RB - Addai, Felix Jones, Hillis, Pierre, Choice

WR - Roddy White, Crabtree, Boldin, Floyd, Nelson,Cotchery, Royal, Edelmen, Ajirotutu, Malcolm Kelly, Decker

TE - Clark, Scaife, Dressen

I am thinking about the following trade:

Cassel, Boldin 1.10 rookie for

Drew Brees

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Jeff, I am relatively new to dynasty and have enjoyed keeping up with your thoughts and advice in this thread. I am in a 12 team PPR league in it's second season. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex (RB, WR,TE) Here is my roster, I finished in 3rd in the innagural season.QB - Mcnabb, Cassel, HasselbeckRB - Addai, Felix Jones, Hillis, Pierre, ChoiceWR - Roddy White, Crabtree, Boldin, Floyd, Nelson,Cotchery, Royal, Edelmen, Ajirotutu, Malcolm Kelly, Decker TE - Clark, Scaife, DressenI am thinking about the following trade:Cassel, Boldin 1.10 rookie forDrew BreesI would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.
On the surface it looks like you are overpaying but I actually like the deal since Boldin is on the downside of his career. One other QB I like to target is Romo is a Cassel +either Boldin or the pick type of initial offer

Hi jeff,

This is a trade offered to me in a dynasty league, NON-PPR league. Standard scoring league. Very deep rosters.

We can start up too 3 RB's and 3 WR's or 2 RB's and 4 WR's.

I was offered:

Andre Johnson WR HOU

I would give:

Jeremey Maclin WR PHI

2011 1.05 rookie pick

Here are my current RB's:

Darren McFadden RB OAK

Ray Rice RB BAL

Matt Forte RB CHI

Michael Bush RB OAK

Ryan Torain RB WAS

Jason Snelling RB ATL

Justin Forsett RB SEA

Keiland Williams RB WAS

Bernard Scott RB CIN

Jalen Parmele RB BAL

Here are my current WR's:

Mike Wallace WR PIT

Steve Johnson WR BUF

Jeremy Maclin WR PHI

Santan Moss WR WAS

Mike Thomas WR JAC

Braylon Edwards WR NYJ

Pierre Garcon WR IND

Malcom Floyd WR SD

Lee Evans WR BUF

David Gettis WR CAR

Steve Smith WR NYG

Arrelious Benn WR TB

Danario Alexander WR STL

With the trade I would be starting:

Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, & Matt Forte at RB / Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, & Steve Johnson(if he continues what he did last year) at WR.

So I guess my question is, is Andre Johnson worth Jeremy Maclin and probably the 3rd best RB off the board in Leshoure or Ryan Williams?

Thanks in advance Jeff.

Hi jeff,

This is a trade offered to me in a dynasty league, NON-PPR league. Standard scoring league. Very deep rosters.

We can start up too 3 RB's and 3 WR's or 2 RB's and 4 WR's.

I was offered:

Andre Johnson WR HOU

I would give:

Jeremey Maclin WR PHI

2011 1.05 rookie pick

Here are my current RB's:

Darren McFadden RB OAK

Ray Rice RB BAL

Matt Forte RB CHI

Michael Bush RB OAK

Ryan Torain RB WAS

Jason Snelling RB ATL

Justin Forsett RB SEA

Keiland Williams RB WAS

Bernard Scott RB CIN

Jalen Parmele RB BAL

Here are my current WR's:

Mike Wallace WR PIT

Steve Johnson WR BUF

Jeremy Maclin WR PHI

Santan Moss WR WAS

Mike Thomas WR JAC

Braylon Edwards WR NYJ

Pierre Garcon WR IND

Malcom Floyd WR SD

Lee Evans WR BUF

David Gettis WR CAR

Steve Smith WR NYG

Arrelious Benn WR TB

Danario Alexander WR STL

With the trade I would be starting:

Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, & Matt Forte at RB / Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, & Steve Johnson(if he continues what he did last year) at WR.

So I guess my question is, is Andre Johnson worth Jeremy Maclin and probably the 3rd best RB off the board in Leshoure or Ryan Williams?

Thanks in advance Jeff.
I like Maclin more than most and would think hard about the deal. The only reason to do the deal would be if you thought your window of winning it all was in the next two years. Since you have a good young nucleus I would probably hold off and keep Maclin and the pick

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

QB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna,

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, B. Lloyd, N. Washington, M. Thomas, D. Thomas, P. Burress

Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki

K- D. Akers

DEF- San Diego, Baltimore

I have been offered V. Jackson & 2.09 for B. Lloyd, 1.12 & 3.05 would you take this offer Lloyd was my highest scoring WR was this just a one year thing or will he contuine what he did last year I know this is the first year that he has really done anything. I like Jackson a lot if he stays with SD.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna, RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, B. Lloyd, N. Washington, M. Thomas, D. Thomas, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore I have been offered V. Jackson & 2.09 for B. Lloyd, 1.12 & 3.05 would you take this offer Lloyd was my highest scoring WR was this just a one year thing or will he contuine what he did last year I know this is the first year that he has really done anything. I like Jackson a lot if he stays with SD.
I would do that since I love VJax and worry about Denver passing game with McDaniels gone and Orton possibly traded.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna, RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore I have been offered V. Jackson & 2.09 for B. Lloyd, 1.12 & 3.05 would you take this offer Lloyd was my highest scoring WR was this just a one year thing or will he contuine what he did last year I know this is the first year that he has really done anything. I like Jackson a lot if he stays with SD.
I would do that since I love VJax and worry about Denver passing game with McDaniels gone and Orton possibly traded.
Ok countered with V. Jackson & M. Massaquoi for Lloyd, D. Thomas(Den) & 3.09 and he accepted so now have been offered Mandenhall and M. Williams(Sea) for V. Jackson and Best if I did not have to start 3 WR and had better WR's I think I might take the deal. If I did take it I would have 2 top 10 RB's that are young but my starting 3 WR's would be Wayne, B. Edwards & then anyone of my other WR's. He does have alot of WR's D. Jackson, Jennings, S, Rice & B. Marshall do you think it would be to much to ask for Mendy and one of those WR's or do I try to throw in my 1.12 into the trade.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna, RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore I have been offered V. Jackson & 2.09 for B. Lloyd, 1.12 & 3.05 would you take this offer Lloyd was my highest scoring WR was this just a one year thing or will he contuine what he did last year I know this is the first year that he has really done anything. I like Jackson a lot if he stays with SD.
Ok countered with V. Jackson & M. Massaquoi for Lloyd, D. Thomas(Den) & 3.09 and he accepted so now have been offered Mandenhall and M. Williams(Sea) for V. Jackson and Best if I did not have to start 3 WR and had better WR's I think I might take the deal. If I did take it I would have 2 top 10 RB's that are young but my starting 3 WR's would be Wayne, B. Edwards & then anyone of my other WR's. He does have alot of WR's D. Jackson, Jennings, S, Rice & B. Marshall do you think it would be to much to ask for Mendy and one of those WR's or do I try to throw in my 1.12 into the trade.
Since I am not an Edwards' fan I would not rely on him ... prefer to offer him as part of deal and try to get ones of his four back ... but I would not give VJax and Best (even though not a Best fan) for mendenhall) .. too steep

Jeff,

I have a question for a salary cap league. I'm way over budget this year and need to unload some players, PPR league.

$400 salary per team, 12 teams 22 players per roster.

I'm keeping;

A. Rodgers $27

R Rice $92

Calvin J. $94

Need to unload 2 or 3 of these guys:

Hillis $80

Marshall $87

Boldin $80

My trade offer is Santana Moss $50 and D. Woodhead $10

for

Marshall

It is a dynasty league but because of the salary cap increases each year it is more like a redraft.

Do you think S. Moss for $50 has enough left for one year and is worth trading for compared to the other salaries?

Do I keep Hillis or throw him back into the free agent draft?

Jeff,I have a question for a salary cap league. I'm way over budget this year and need to unload some players, PPR league.$400 salary per team, 12 teams 22 players per roster.I'm keeping;A. Rodgers $27R Rice $92Calvin J. $94Need to unload 2 or 3 of these guys:Hillis $80Marshall $87Boldin $80My trade offer is Santana Moss $50 and D. Woodhead $10forMarshallIt is a dynasty league but because of the salary cap increases each year it is more like a redraft.Do you think S. Moss for $50 has enough left for one year and is worth trading for compared to the other salaries?Do I keep Hillis or throw him back into the free agent draft?
I would toss Boldin back for sure. I would also look to keep Marshall and either toss Hillis back or move him for a $30-50 guy. I see it as investing in a handful and let the others go.

Since I am not an Edwards' fan I would not rely on him ... prefer to offer him as part of deal and try to get ones of his four back ... but I would not give VJax and Best (even though not a Best fan) for mendenhall) .. too steep
Rejected the trade and he came back with this offer.M. Vick, Best & M. Thomas for Mendy, Sanchez & GronkowskiI don't really like this trade but it would give me a top 10 RB and a top 5 TE eventhrough the top 5 TE is from last years stats in this league but thinking I might be able to get a top WR for Vick like R. White or Nicks since both of those teams need a QB.

Rejected the trade and he came back with this offer.M. Vick, Best & M. Thomas for Mendy, Sanchez & GronkowskiI don't really like this trade but it would give me a top 10 RB and a top 5 TE eventhrough the top 5 TE is from last years stats in this league but thinking I might be able to get a top WR for Vick like R. White or Nicks since both of those teams need a QB.
I did turn down this trade but was thinking of switching out Gronkowski for either Jennings, D. Jackson or Marshall do you think that is a fair with one of these WR added.

horrible deal for you. Easy pass

I did turn down this trade but was thinking of switching out Gronkowski for either Jennings, D. Jackson or Marshall do you think that is a fair with one of these WR added.
that would be the only way I consider the deal ... getting a top WR in return

10 team keeper league 10 keepers, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K.

QB's- Josh Freeman, D. McNabb

RB's- S. Jackson, J. Stewart, CJ Spiller, J. Addai, D. Brown, L. Blount, R. Brown

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall

Picks 1.01, 1.04, 1.11

I have been offered two different trades by the same team.

1) 1.01 for J. Finley and 3.03

or 2) Finley for J.Stewart

I like the 2 one better since that will still give me the best player in the draft or was thinking of countering with the 1.04 and R. Brown for Finley.

So what do you think take one of his two trades or counter with one.

10 team keeper league 10 keepers, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K.QB's- Josh Freeman, D. McNabb RB's- S. Jackson, J. Stewart, CJ Spiller, J. Addai, D. Brown, L. Blount, R. Brown WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall Picks 1.01, 1.04, 1.11 I have been offered two different trades by the same team.1) 1.01 for J. Finley and 3.03or 2) Finley for J.StewartI like the 2 one better since that will still give me the best player in the draft or was thinking of countering with the 1.04 and R. Brown for Finley.So what do you think take one of his two trades or counter with one.
No way would I consider either of these two offers. I would, however, do the 1.04 and Brown (who is almost worthless) for Finley .. but would not give more.

14 team dynasty, standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR, TE)

QB's M. Ryan, D McNabb

RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, C. Portis

Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, M. Clayton, D. Amendola, B. Tate, P. Burress

TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez

DEF- San Diego

I have been offered A. Johnson for M. Austin and my 2012 1st round pick. I would lose some youth here but think it would make my time better for the next couple of years. If I did this trade my team will not be able to get many young players on it since I do not have a 1st round pick this year so that would be 2 years in a row without a 1st round pick. I did win the league last year with my current team.

'Packers4ever said:
14 team dynasty, standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR, TE)QB's M. Ryan, D McNabb RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, C. Portis Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, M. Clayton, D. Amendola, B. Tate, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez DEF- San DiegoI have been offered A. Johnson for M. Austin and my 2012 1st round pick. I would lose some youth here but think it would make my time better for the next couple of years. If I did this trade my team will not be able to get many young players on it since I do not have a 1st round pick this year so that would be 2 years in a row without a 1st round pick. I did win the league last year with my current team.
I think I would do that just since your window of opportunity meshes with AJ's career expectancy. Might ask for a pick back just to see if you can get

I am in the fourth year of this dynasty league and trading is tough. Most times it feels like I have to over pay to get things done. I won it the first year and have made the playoffs the last two years. I have had an aggressive off season trying to get better. I have made a few trades I am second guessing a little bit and am curious about your thought about my next move. We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def and is non ppr. Here are my three trades I made.

Starks

Holmes

Jordy Nelson

1st next year

for

Ryan Matthews

Sims-walker

I like Matthews and wanted to get him before he got too studly. I need a replacement for Turner and I am getting no trade value out of Turner.

Kolb

Spiller

some late draft picks

for

Cutler

Needed a good back up to Rodgers. His concussion last year made me nervous about him missing more time.

MJD

Steve Smith (car)

for

Starks

Marshall

I got real nervous about MJD's knee and I needed a stronger #2/#3 wr

Rodgers

Cutler

ADP

Turner

Matthews

Felix Jones

Anthony Dixon

Nicks

V-Jax

Marshall

Clayton

Floyd

Bennett

Sims Walker

Witten

Celek

GB defense

Hartley

So After all is said and done I am not sure I am happy with all my moves but there is my team. I am thinking about moving ADP to get Ray Rice / Colston / 1.08. Would that be a smart move or is it better to keep the stud rb. I am not sure he would do that deal but that is the direction I am thinking of going. ADP is getting older and soon will have no trade value a la Turner who I cant give away. (and I have tried) What do you think?

'DWidmar said:
I am in the fourth year of this dynasty league and trading is tough. Most times it feels like I have to over pay to get things done. I won it the first year and have made the playoffs the last two years. I have had an aggressive off season trying to get better. I have made a few trades I am second guessing a little bit and am curious about your thought about my next move. We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def and is non ppr. Here are my three trades I made. StarksHolmesJordy Nelson2.031st next yearforRyan MatthewsSims-walkerI like Matthews and wanted to get him before he got too studly. I need a replacement for Turner and I am getting no trade value out of Turner.KolbSpillersome late draft picksforCutlerNeeded a good back up to Rodgers. His concussion last year made me nervous about him missing more time. MJDSteve Smith (car)2.09forStarksMarshall2.03I got real nervous about MJD's knee and I needed a stronger #2/#3 wrRodgersCutlerADPTurnerMatthewsFelix JonesAnthony DixonNicksV-JaxMarshallClaytonFloydBennettSims WalkerWittenCelekGB defenseHartleySo After all is said and done I am not sure I am happy with all my moves but there is my team. I am thinking about moving ADP to get Ray Rice / Colston / 1.08. Would that be a smart move or is it better to keep the stud rb. I am not sure he would do that deal but that is the direction I am thinking of going. ADP is getting older and soon will have no trade value a la Turner who I cant give away. (and I have tried) What do you think?
I think you should stay pat and try to win it all. You have a good team and keep Turner.I would advise not trying to get younger as much as winning. You have enough youth so go for the win.

'dmac37 said:
PPR dynasty who do you like more and who do you think has more value:MJD or L. McCoy?
I would choose MJD, who is still very young. Some value McCoy higher, but I choose the production of a hopefully healthy MJD (scoring big TDs).

Jeff:

12 team dynasty, 18 player roster, .5 ppr.

I was offered Forte for the #3 overall rookie pick. Should I take it with the following rb/wr roster?

Moreno, Charles, and Benson

Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace, and D Bowe

thanks

Jeff am I giving up too much in order to get a couple of my favorite players in PPR dynasty? I'm trying to get Rice and Fitz as they are my favorite players, plus I can consolidate my two teams and not have too many players to root for/against each Sunday.

IMO

Rice>McCoy- I'm not sold on McCoy long term

Roddy>Fitz- but maybe for only one more year

Witten>> my combo of Winslow, Gronkowski and Cook but hoping in 1-2 years one of these is > to or = to Witten

I would be trading:

McCoy

Roddy

Witten

Tamme

for

Rice

Fitz

Winslow

Gronkowski

10 team keeper league 10 keepers, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K.

QB's- Josh Freeman,

RB's- S. Jackson, J. Stewart, CJ Spiller, L. Blount

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall

TE's- J. Finley

Picks 1.01, 1.11

What would you give up for T. Romo with my team the other guy is looking for RB's or WR's and would probably include Freeman in the deal or do you think I would be OK with Freeman. I did come in last in this league last year and have already added V. Jackson & Finley.

Jeff am I giving up too much in order to get a couple of my favorite players in PPR dynasty? I'm trying to get Rice and Fitz as they are my favorite players, plus I can consolidate my two teams and not have too many players to root for/against each Sunday.IMORice>McCoy- I'm not sold on McCoy long termRoddy>Fitz- but maybe for only one more yearWitten>> my combo of Winslow, Gronkowski and Cook but hoping in 1-2 years one of these is > to or = to WittenI would be trading:McCoyRoddyWittenTamme for RiceFitzWinslowGronkowski
I actually like it since I think Winslow is underrated and you get the two best players in the deal, imo.

10 team keeper league 10 keepers, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K.QB's- Josh Freeman, RB's- S. Jackson, J. Stewart, CJ Spiller, L. BlountWR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall TE's- J. FinleyPicks 1.01, 1.11 What would you give up for T. Romo with my team the other guy is looking for RB's or WR's and would probably include Freeman in the deal or do you think I would be OK with Freeman. I did come in last in this league last year and have already added V. Jackson & Finley.
I would start by offering Blount or Marshall for Romo straight up and keep Freeman

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress

Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki

K- D. Akers

I have received another trade offer for Vick and wondering what you think of it I do not think I will accept but might counter so here it is.

I give Vick, Best, McKnight & 4.12 for Rivers, J. Dwyer, B. White, A. Fasano, M. Lewis & 1.09. I think this trade is even worst then the Mendy trade that was offered to me.

Only players on his team that I really would like is D. Clark, Harvin & Colston. Since I have to start 3 WR thinking of putting in either Colston or Harvin instead of White and his 1.09 or maybe dropping the 2 TE's and the 1.09 for Clark. So what do you think about the counters I am looking at.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna, RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore I have received another trade offer for Vick and wondering what you think of it I do not think I will accept but might counter so here it is.I give Vick, Best, McKnight & 4.12 for Rivers, J. Dwyer, B. White, A. Fasano, M. Lewis & 1.09. I think this trade is even worst then the Mendy trade that was offered to me.Only players on his team that I really would like is D. Clark, Harvin & Colston. Since I have to start 3 WR thinking of putting in either Colston or Harvin instead of White and his 1.09 or maybe dropping the 2 TE's and the 1.09 for Clark. So what do you think about the counters I am looking at.
In non-PPR, I would not even do the WR/pick swap added. Those WRs or Clark do not add enough to your lineup.

This really is a strategy question - start-up to be exact 14 teams dynasty IDP 60 man roster no taxi and no ir. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex, PK, 1 DT, 2DE 4 LB, 2 CB, 2 safety

scoring QB 5 pts per TD, .05 per passing yard, -2 interceptions

RB/WR/TE 1 per 10 yards/rushing receiving (decimal scoring)

RB/WR 1 ppr

TE 1.5 ppr

K - all field goals 3 pts - misses -1

I know you aren't about defense so I will skip that part

I decided early on (I drew 1.1 in serpentine - surprisingly) that I was going for studs and depth.

I have made a ton of trades (this whole league has already done over 100 trades and we don't draft for 2 weeks)

I have ended up with 1.1 1.2 1.3 7.5 8.4 9.11 10.10 11.12 ------18.12 19.3 and so on a couple rounds without a pick and a couple rounds with 2 or 3 picks. I have a 2012 3rd 4th and 5th rookie pick and 7th. (7 rounds) This start-up draft is combined Veterans and Rookies

I figure I will get plenty of defensive picks with it being a mostly defensive draft class this year) but I am worried about my offense

I have chosen as 1.1 Aaron Rodgers (top scoring QB in this system) in fact - last year top 10 scorers - 8 were QB 1 RB A Foster 1st and Roddy White 8th.

at 1.2 Calvin Johnson - I think he is the next AJ - only alot younger

at 1.3 safe pick at RB Ray Rice ..

after that I figure to go BPA no matter what position and not worry about starting lineup so much to force the situation and make some mistakes. Play the draft the way it runs.

What do you think Jeff - any ideas? Anything to convince me not to take the players I have chosen?

Am I ok - or have I dug myself in too deep of a hole?

TIA

'pretender said:
This really is a strategy question - start-up to be exact 14 teams dynasty IDP 60 man roster no taxi and no ir. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex, PK, 1 DT, 2DE 4 LB, 2 CB, 2 safetyscoring QB 5 pts per TD, .05 per passing yard, -2 interceptionsRB/WR/TE 1 per 10 yards/rushing receiving (decimal scoring)RB/WR 1 pprTE 1.5 pprK - all field goals 3 pts - misses -1I know you aren't about defense so I will skip that partI decided early on (I drew 1.1 in serpentine - surprisingly) that I was going for studs and depth. I have made a ton of trades (this whole league has already done over 100 trades and we don't draft for 2 weeks)I have ended up with 1.1 1.2 1.3 7.5 8.4 9.11 10.10 11.12 ------18.12 19.3 and so on a couple rounds without a pick and a couple rounds with 2 or 3 picks. I have a 2012 3rd 4th and 5th rookie pick and 7th. (7 rounds) This start-up draft is combined Veterans and RookiesI figure I will get plenty of defensive picks with it being a mostly defensive draft class this year) but I am worried about my offenseI have chosen as 1.1 Aaron Rodgers (top scoring QB in this system) in fact - last year top 10 scorers - 8 were QB 1 RB A Foster 1st and Roddy White 8th. at 1.2 Calvin Johnson - I think he is the next AJ - only alot youngerat 1.3 safe pick at RB Ray Rice ..after that I figure to go BPA no matter what position and not worry about starting lineup so much to force the situation and make some mistakes. Play the draft the way it runs. What do you think Jeff - any ideas? Anything to convince me not to take the players I have chosen? Am I ok - or have I dug myself in too deep of a hole?TIA
not going to talk you out of the choices. I would suggest you mock out who will be there at WR/LB in the 7-10 range. That is the point where your draft will be made. I would wait on older players because you can always get guys like Ochocinco very late.

I'm thinking about making a move for Spiller, thinking he could still become a top RB in PPR. The Spiller owner has a real good core at RB- CJ, McCoy, Turner and Blount but only has Holmes, B.Edwards and Steve Johnson at WR and Pettigrew and Carlson at TE. I would like to offer Benson (gives him RB depth to replace Spiller) and ???? for Spiller, what would you suggest.

My Roster:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

McCoy, Colt CLE QB

Young, Vince TEN QB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Dixon, Anthony SFO RB

Parmele, Jalen BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR

Clayton, Mark STL WR

Alexander, Danario STL WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Winslow, Kellen TBB TE

I'm thinking about making a move for Spiller, thinking he could still become a top RB in PPR. The Spiller owner has a real good core at RB- CJ, McCoy, Turner and Blount but only has Holmes, B.Edwards and Steve Johnson at WR and Pettigrew and Carlson at TE. I would like to offer Benson (gives him RB depth to replace Spiller) and ???? for Spiller, what would you suggest.My Roster: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB McCoy, Colt CLE QB Young, Vince TEN QB Peterson, Adrian MIN RBRice, Ray BAL RB Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Benson, Cedric CIN RBWilliams, Carnell TBB RBDixon, Anthony SFO RB Parmele, Jalen BAL RB Ringer, Javon TEN RB Johnson, Andre HOU WRFitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Nicks, Hakeem NYG WRSmith, Steve CAR WR Thomas, Mike JAC WRClayton, Mark STL WR Alexander, Danario STL WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Gates, Antonio SDC TE Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Winslow, Kellen TBB TE
I would try Benson & Mike Thomas or Gronkowski. Would love both ways for you. Just be prepared that some do not like Benson so you may have to go another route

Jeff, I just made a trade (added Stafford, Gerhart & Kelly)and now need to drop 2 players. I really want to give Kelly one more shot this year and was thinking of dropping Cadillac and either Dixon or Young? Which two would you drop?

PPR start 1QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE

My Roster:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Stafford, Matt DET QB

Young, Vince TEN QB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Parmele, Jalen BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Gerhart, Toby MINN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Dixon, Anthony SFO RB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR

Clayton, Mark STL WR

Alexander, Danario STL WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Kelly, Malcolm WAS WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Winslow, Kellen TBB TE

Brown, Josh STL PK

Chargers DST

Jeff, I just made a trade (added Stafford, Gerhart & Kelly)and now need to drop 2 players. I really want to give Kelly one more shot this year and was thinking of dropping Cadillac and either Dixon or Young? Which two would you drop?PPR start 1QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE My Roster: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB Stafford, Matt DET QB Young, Vince TEN QB Peterson, Adrian MIN RBRice, Ray BAL RB Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Benson, Cedric CIN RBParmele, Jalen BAL RB Ringer, Javon TEN RB Gerhart, Toby MINN RBWilliams, Carnell TBB RBDixon, Anthony SFO RB Johnson, Andre HOU WRFitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Nicks, Hakeem NYG WRSmith, Steve CAR WR Thomas, Mike JAC WRClayton, Mark STL WR Alexander, Danario STL WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Kelly, Malcolm WAS WRGates, Antonio SDC TE Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Winslow, Kellen TBB TE Brown, Josh STL PKChargers DST
I agree on Caddy. His injuries have left him without explosiveness. And, the second one I would dump Parmele. I know some still like him. VY has been a decent fantasy QB and will get a chance to start elsewhere. I would prefer to take a shot on he rather than Parmele.

12 team dynasty league, standard scoring with PPR, 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flex(RB, WR or TE)

QB's- M. Stafford, J. Culter, J. Kitna

RB's- D. Williams, M. Lynch, T. Jones, R. Williams, M. Morris, D. Woodhead

WR's- R. White, S. Moss, M. Thomas, D. Thomas, D. Mason, M. Manningham, B. LaFell, J. Knox, D. Hester, L. Evans, P. Burress

TE's- T. Heap, D. Keller

K M. Bryant

DEF Minnesota

Would you trade R. White for 1.3 and B. Marshall or S. Holmes or H. Ward.

'Packers4ever said:
12 team dynasty league, standard scoring with PPR, 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flex(RB, WR or TE)QB's- M. Stafford, J. Culter, J. Kitna RB's- D. Williams, M. Lynch, T. Jones, R. Williams, M. Morris, D. Woodhead WR's- R. White, S. Moss, M. Thomas, D. Thomas, D. Mason, M. Manningham, B. LaFell, J. Knox, D. Hester, L. Evans, P. Burress TE's- T. Heap, D. Keller K M. Bryant DEF Minnesota Would you trade R. White for 1.3 and B. Marshall or S. Holmes or H. Ward.
I would make that move and take either Marshall (depends if you like him or not) or Holmes ... but not Ward. Your team is older and the youth will help long term.

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress

Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki

K- D. Akers

Would you trade either Wayne or Jackson and 1.12 for AJ Green.

Draft is under way and at 1.10 so will have a choice of the following Cobb, Vereen, Hankerson, Carter, Murray or V. Brown. So I guess the other question would be would you rather have AJ Green or one of Wayne or Jackson and one of the above rookies.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne, J. Kitna, RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, B. Green-Ellis, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, M. Massaquoi, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore Would you trade either Wayne or Jackson and 1.12 for AJ Green.Draft is under way and at 1.10 so will have a choice of the following Cobb, Vereen, Hankerson, Carter, Murray or V. Brown. So I guess the other question would be would you rather have AJ Green or one of Wayne or Jackson and one of the above rookies.
I would do that in a heartbeat if PPR, but avoid in non-ppr. I do not love those rookies, but see little non-PPR reason for the deal

Dynasty PPR, start 1/2/2/1/1. I'm weak at RB with just Mendy/Lynch/Torain. I have pick #7 and expect to see Vereen and Little on the board for sure. If my choice comes down to those two, do I reach on Vereen to fill my need or take the high potential of Little? Also, there's a small chance Leshoure would be on the board. I assume you would take him over both Vereen and Little?

'valhallan said:
Dynasty PPR, start 1/2/2/1/1. I'm weak at RB with just Mendy/Lynch/Torain. I have pick #7 and expect to see Vereen and Little on the board for sure. If my choice comes down to those two, do I reach on Vereen to fill my need or take the high potential of Little? Also, there's a small chance Leshoure would be on the board. I assume you would take him over both Vereen and Little?
I like Leshoure more than most and like him barely over Little ... and both much more than Vereen. I would prefer to look to a 2nd round RB or via trade.

Jeff, I am relatively new to dynasty and have enjoyed keeping up with your thoughts and advice in this thread. I am in a 12 team PPR league in it's second season. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex (RB, WR,TE) Here is my roster, I finished in 3rd in the innagural season.QB - Mcnabb, Cassel, HasselbeckRB - Addai, Felix Jones, Hillis, Pierre, ChoiceWR - Roddy White, Crabtree, Boldin, Floyd, Nelson,Cotchery, Royal, Edelmen, Ajirotutu, Malcolm Kelly, Decker TE - Clark, Scaife, DressenI am thinking about the following trade:Cassel, Boldin 1.10 rookie forDrew BreesI would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.
On the surface it looks like you are overpaying but I actually like the deal since Boldin is on the downside of his career. One other QB I like to target is Romo is a Cassel +either Boldin or the pick type of initial offer
So the owner of the team with Brees left the league and now this team has a new owner. Made this original offer with no suucess and now have the following on the table:Cassel, Hillis, 1.10 forBrees, Bush, Lynch, McCluster and 2.07What do you think about this offer?

So the owner of the team with Brees left the league and now this team has a new owner. Made this original offer with no suucess and now have the following on the table:Cassel, Hillis, 1.10 forBrees, Bush, Lynch, McCluster and 2.07What do you think about this offer?
When you have this type of offer, the biggest thing to consider is what are you trying to do. Are you wanting to win in the near term or build through youth. You have a team that could go either way. I do think you need a qb upgrade but wonder if this price is too high.

I've been thinking of trading Peterson this season or definitely next season. I think that's when his value will be the highest or the right time to sell. But, I don't want a risk where he gets injured this season and then his value drops.

16 IDP PPR dynasty league (1.5 PPR for TE)

These are the some offers I've been thinking:

I give

A Peterson

I receive

A Bradshaw

2011 rookie 1.3

2011 rookie 1.11

2012 1st rd

Desean Jackson or Witten or Keller

Another team

I give

A Peterson

I receive

Beanie W

S Jax

2011 rookie 1.5

2011 rookie 1.12

2012 1st rd pick

*this owner has the 1.6 pick also*

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'football_chewy said:
When you have this type of offer, the biggest thing to consider is what are you trying to do. Are you wanting to win in the near term or build through youth. You have a team that could go either way. I do think you need a qb upgrade but wonder if this price is too high.
I am in year 2 in this league and would rather make a push than rebuild. What about trying to keep the 1.10 and offering Cassel and Hills for Brees and Lynch? I would be piecing together a RB starter each week but I only need to start 1 each week and could get a Vereen or Carter type with the 1.10.

I've been thinking of trading Peterson this season or definitely next season. I think that's when his value will be the highest or the right time to sell. But, I don't want a risk where he gets injured this season and then his value drops.16 IDP PPR dynasty league (1.5 PPR for TE)These are the some offers I've been thinking:I giveA PetersonI receiveA Bradshaw2011 rookie 1.32011 rookie 1.112012 1st rdDesean Jackson or Witten or KellerAnother teamI giveA PetersonI receiveBeanie WS Jax2011 rookie 1.52011 rookie 1.122012 1st rd pick*this owner has the 1.6 pick also*
I would love the first deal if you can get Bradshaw, DeSean, 1.03, 1.11, 2012 1st. Great deal in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread