What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (6 Viewers)

12 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE

My Team

QB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, S. Vereen, D. Ward, J. McKnight

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, P. Burress, R. Cobb, M. Massaquoi, D. Avery, A. Benn

Te's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks

K- J. Hanson

DEF- San Diego, Baltimore

I have been offered V. Davis and B. Marshall for V. Jackson so would you do this trade I like Jackson better then Marshall and Davis would be just a bye week filler for me so don't know if this is really worth it for 1 week. Not much out there to pickup at TE.

Jared Cook (TE), Kevin Boss (TE)

or

Vincent Brown (WR), Brandon LaFell (WR), Titus Young (WR) ......who has most upside?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,I have a trade proposal offered to me. On the surface I would not make the deal, but considering the depth that I have I am giving it a second look, because I think it could improve my startinglineup, and I have enough depth to cover the loses.12 team league, that we keep 6 (max 3 per position)TD heavy, with bonuses for longer TDsI give:Beanie WellsMike Williams (TB)Jermichael FinleyI get:Steve Smith (Car)Jimmy GrahamKendal HunterPlease let me know your thoughts? I know that I am dealing from a position of strength, as I believe that I have an exceptionally strong team, but I am always looking to improve. Also, would it change your mind if it was Beanie and Decker for Smith and Hunter?Roster:QB- Brees, FreemanRB- ADP, Rice, McFadden, B Wells, McGahee, TorainWR- VJax, Nicks, MWilliams (TB), Decker, L Moore, M ThomasTE- Finley, CookK_ RackersDef- Lions
I do not like it at all. I see the TEs as equal which means Wells and Williams for Smith. Not a good deal for you

Hey Jeff -need to pick three RBs from this list: B. Jacobs, R. Grant, M. Ingram and Ridley. Leaning Grant, Ingram and Ridley, but I don't know.Standard scoring, some bonus points for long runs, etc., but not enough to really be a factor. non-ppr
I agree with your three choices, but keep an eye on Jacob's injury status. He has not practiced much this week and could be nicked up

12 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 TEMy TeamQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, S. Vereen, D. Ward, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, P. Burress, R. Cobb, M. Massaquoi, D. Avery, A. BennTe's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks K- J. Hanson DEF- San Diego, Baltimore I have been offered V. Davis and B. Marshall for V. Jackson so would you do this trade I like Jackson better then Marshall and Davis would be just a bye week filler for me so don't know if this is really worth it for 1 week. Not much out there to pickup at TE.
Normally, I would say this is great for you in terms of value ... but having Witten (and Davis' poor season) makes me think you should play it out and shoot for the title.

hi again Jeff. Thanks for your input. looking at team #1. think of trying to get wells and Andre Johnson for CJ1k and my weakest wr or qb. what do u think? I definitely need a WR but will Wells last all year? I think Chris J will come around.

What do you think?

Team 1: Drafted 6th 1QB 2RB 2WR 1flex 1TE 1PK 1DEF (starting to come together via trades and WW)

QB: Roethlisberger, Freeman, FitzPatrick; RB: McCoy, CJ2K, F Jones, Barber, Powell; WR: Holmes, Manningham, Julio Jones,Decker, Dmoore; TE: Graham; PK: Gostkowski; TD: GMen, Redskins

hi again Jeff. Thanks for your input. looking at team #1. think of trying to get wells and Andre Johnson for CJ1k and my weakest wr or qb. what do u think? I definitely need a WR but will Wells last all year? I think Chris J will come around.What do you think?Team 1: Drafted 6th 1QB 2RB 2WR 1flex 1TE 1PK 1DEF (starting to come together via trades and WW)QB: Roethlisberger, Freeman, FitzPatrick; RB: McCoy, CJ2K, F Jones, Barber, Powell; WR: Holmes, Manningham, Julio Jones,Decker, Dmoore; TE: Graham; PK: Gostkowski; TD: GMen, Redskins
I think you would be better off moving Felix ad a WR for an elite WR.

Hey Jeff

I am in a standard PPR league

My Team is below:

Stafford, Cutler

A.J. (hurt), Nicks, Burleson, Brown

Jackson, Ingram, D. Williams, Graham, McGahee, Torrain

Olsen, Daniels

We start 1 QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, 2 Flex and 1 T

Seeing that AJ is out for a bit would you try to trade RB D. Williams for either WR Moore (Oak) or Nelson (Buf)staright up? Also if need be would you throw in Burleson with D. Williams to make the trade fly? or would you not bother trying to get one of these WR's?

Thanks

Hi Jeff – I'd appreciate your thoughts on a possible waiver wire move.

I grabbed Bernard Scott a week ago, thinking that he’d play for these next three weeks. As you know, that decision may never come, so I think I need to drop him for one of the following: Tebow, Clayton, or Manningham.

I’m 1-3, and not scoring a whole bunch of points. The future looks dim, but I’m hoping to turn things around.

Big Ben hasn’t been great, so if Tebow starts soon and is the same Tebow that dominated late last year, that would be awesome.

Mark Clayton has a fairly high ceiling, so he’s tempting, although with Nicks, Lloyd, Santana Moss and Denarius Moore, I may be ok at WR.

Manningham is in much the same category. I actually dropped him to pick up Torain earlier in the week, when most of the sentiment was that he was being supplanted by Cruz. But that wind seems to be changing as the weekend comes near.

I’d really appreciate your specific thoughts on this WW move, and any ideas in general about how to resurrect my season. Thanks tons!

This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Ben

RB: Mendenhall, McGahee, Ingram, Tolbert, Torain, McCluster (RB/WR in our league), Redman, Bernard Scott

WR: Nicks, Santana, Lloyd, Denarius Moore, and McCluster (RB/WR in our league)

TE: Winslow DEF: Saints K: Novak

Hello Jeff, Standard scoring

I hope you had a nice week. I need to pick three out of these:

Bradshaw,Best,Redman,starks,Wells

Plus Bowe or Harvin?

Thanks

'oscarz said:
Hey JeffI am in a standard PPR leagueMy Team is below:Stafford, CutlerA.J. (hurt), Nicks, Burleson, BrownJackson, Ingram, D. Williams, Graham, McGahee, TorrainOlsen, DanielsWe start 1 QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, 2 Flex and 1 TSeeing that AJ is out for a bit would you try to trade RB D. Williams for either WR Moore (Oak) or Nelson (Buf)staright up? Also if need be would you throw in Burleson with D. Williams to make the trade fly? or would you not bother trying to get one of these WR's?Thanks
In a redraft, that is not a bad move, even throwing in burleson ... Moore is startable

'football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – I'd appreciate your thoughts on a possible waiver wire move. I grabbed Bernard Scott a week ago, thinking that he’d play for these next three weeks. As you know, that decision may never come, so I think I need to drop him for one of the following: Tebow, Clayton, or Manningham. I’m 1-3, and not scoring a whole bunch of points. The future looks dim, but I’m hoping to turn things around. Big Ben hasn’t been great, so if Tebow starts soon and is the same Tebow that dominated late last year, that would be awesome. Mark Clayton has a fairly high ceiling, so he’s tempting, although with Nicks, Lloyd, Santana Moss and Denarius Moore, I may be ok at WR. Manningham is in much the same category. I actually dropped him to pick up Torain earlier in the week, when most of the sentiment was that he was being supplanted by Cruz. But that wind seems to be changing as the weekend comes near. I’d really appreciate your specific thoughts on this WW move, and any ideas in general about how to resurrect my season. Thanks tons!This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Ben RB: Mendenhall, McGahee, Ingram, Tolbert, Torain, McCluster (RB/WR in our league), Redman, Bernard ScottWR: Nicks, Santana, Lloyd, Denarius Moore, and McCluster (RB/WR in our league) TE: Winslow DEF: Saints K: Novak
I think I would drop McCluster for Manningham. Wait a week on dumping Scott since we should know next week (I hope). At QB, I might try to trade McGahee and Ben for a top QB. You have the depth to cover the RB loss

'bighead2000 said:
Hello Jeff, Standard scoringI hope you had a nice week. I need to pick three out of these:Bradshaw,Best,Redman,starks,WellsPlus Bowe or Harvin?Thanks
I like Harvin vs KCAt RB, love Bradshaw with Jacobs out. Redman is a good start if Mendenhall is out. I like Wells over Best (playing Chicago) but injuries may force your hand on these

'oscarz said:
Hey JeffI am in a standard PPR leagueMy Team is below:Stafford, CutlerA.J. (hurt), Nicks, Burleson, BrownJackson, Ingram, D. Williams, Graham, McGahee, TorrainOlsen, DanielsWe start 1 QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, 2 Flex and 1 TSeeing that AJ is out for a bit would you try to trade RB D. Williams for either WR Moore (Oak) or Nelson (Buf)staright up? Also if need be would you throw in Burleson with D. Williams to make the trade fly? or would you not bother trying to get one of these WR's?Thanks
In a redraft, that is not a bad move, even throwing in burleson ... Moore is startable
Hey Jeff between D. Moore Oakland and Nelson Buffalo who would you try and get?Also if the trade does not go through My team above I plan on starting Staford at QB and Owens at TE and at RB Jackson and McGahee and at WR Nicks, I still need to decide who else to start at WR and also which 2 flex players to start. Out of Ingram, Brown, Olsen, Burleson, who would to start at WR and which 2 would you start as Flex?Thanks again

'football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – I'd appreciate your thoughts on a possible waiver wire move. I grabbed Bernard Scott a week ago, thinking that he’d play for these next three weeks. As you know, that decision may never come, so I think I need to drop him for one of the following: Tebow, Clayton, or Manningham. I’m 1-3, and not scoring a whole bunch of points. The future looks dim, but I’m hoping to turn things around. Big Ben hasn’t been great, so if Tebow starts soon and is the same Tebow that dominated late last year, that would be awesome. Mark Clayton has a fairly high ceiling, so he’s tempting, although with Nicks, Lloyd, Santana Moss and Denarius Moore, I may be ok at WR. Manningham is in much the same category. I actually dropped him to pick up Torain earlier in the week, when most of the sentiment was that he was being supplanted by Cruz. But that wind seems to be changing as the weekend comes near. I’d really appreciate your specific thoughts on this WW move, and any ideas in general about how to resurrect my season. Thanks tons!This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Ben RB: Mendenhall, McGahee, Ingram, Tolbert, Torain, McCluster (RB/WR in our league), Redman, Bernard ScottWR: Nicks, Santana, Lloyd, Denarius Moore, and McCluster (RB/WR in our league) TE: Winslow DEF: Saints K: Novak
I think I would drop McCluster for Manningham. Wait a week on dumping Scott since we should know next week (I hope). At QB, I might try to trade McGahee and Ben for a top QB. You have the depth to cover the RB loss
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that insight. Any thoughts on Tebow or Clayton? I see above that you recommended Alexander over Clayton because he won't be back til week 8...makes sense...thoughts on Tebow if Benson wins his appeal and I have no guarantees with Scott so be becomes drop-able? Thanks again!

'oscarz said:
Hey Jeff between D. Moore Oakland and Nelson Buffalo who would you try and get?Also if the trade does not go through My team above I plan on starting Staford at QB and Owens at TE and at RB Jackson and McGahee and at WR Nicks, I still need to decide who else to start at WR and also which 2 flex players to start. Out of Ingram, Brown, Olsen, Burleson, who would to start at WR and which 2 would you start as Flex?Thanks again
Like Moore not Nelson. Brown at WR and Ingram/Burleson in flex

'football newbie said:
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that insight. Any thoughts on Tebow or Clayton? I see above that you recommended Alexander over Clayton because he won't be back til week 8...makes sense...thoughts on Tebow if Benson wins his appeal and I have no guarantees with Scott so be becomes drop-able? Thanks again!
coach Fox has always chosen veterans over youngster. I do not expect Tebow before Clayton in terms of playing. So, I would choose the WR

'football newbie said:
coach Fox has always chosen veterans over youngster. I do not expect Tebow before Clayton in terms of playing. So, I would choose the WR
Thanks again Jeff...you do such a nice job. Concise, logical, on point, patient... Your efforts are very much appreciated out here!

Hi jeff,

I play in a 10 team .5 PPR. I am currently 1-3 and am in a must win game this week. My team and lineup as well as the lineup I am playing against is below. My problem is I don't have alot of faith in Roethlisberger this week, but I dropped my IDP to pickup K. Kolb. So if I want to play Kolb I will have to drop someone to pick up an IDP. Is it worth it to drop say D. Moore, L. Moore or even D. Will to pick up an IDP and play Kolb, or should I just roll with Roethlisberger and drop Kolb to pick up an IDP?

My team:

Roethlisberger, Romo, K. Kolb

Mendenhall, F. Jones, J. Starks, M. Tolbert, D. Williams, Redman

C. Johnson, S. Holmes, P. Harvin, D. Moore, L. Moore

J. Graham

Baltimore, INDY

J. Casay

IDP to be determined

My lineup:

QB to be determined

Redman, Tolbert

Calvin, Holmes, Harvin

Graham

Indy

Casay

IDP to be determined

His lineup

M. Ryan

C. Johnson, J. Addai, C. Benson

R. White, G. Jennings

Keller

Pittsburgh

M. Bryant

N. Bowman

M. Ryan

Hey Jeff----This is an earlier post about choosing a kicker to cover for a bye week......

K

-Shaun Suisham v TEN

-Nick Folk @ NE

-Ryan Lindell v PHI

-L TYNES v SEA

-C Barth @ SF

YOUR ADVICE

Keep Bailey and pick up either Folk or Tynes

****NICK NOVAK @ DENVER is coming up on a lot of pages as a good play this week. I wanted to double check with you on which of the 3 you like best this week before I make my final pick up.

I am beginning to lean towards NOVAK and the high scoring Chargers offense......I know this is a lot of talk about a kicker but points are points brother!

One last little tidbit....at TE F Davis is on his bye,

I have Jared Cook @ PITT who I was going to start,

but now there is a lot of info about A Hernandez practicing the past few days and is likely to start. Revis plans on attempting to shut down Welker.....

If Hernandez plays go with him or don't chance it and roll with COOK?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Hi jeff,I play in a 10 team .5 PPR. I am currently 1-3 and am in a must win game this week. My team and lineup as well as the lineup I am playing against is below. My problem is I don't have alot of faith in Roethlisberger this week, but I dropped my IDP to pickup K. Kolb. So if I want to play Kolb I will have to drop someone to pick up an IDP. Is it worth it to drop say D. Moore, L. Moore or even D. Will to pick up an IDP and play Kolb, or should I just roll with Roethlisberger and drop Kolb to pick up an IDP? My team:Roethlisberger, Romo, K. KolbMendenhall, F. Jones, J. Starks, M. Tolbert, D. Williams, Redman C. Johnson, S. Holmes, P. Harvin, D. Moore, L. MooreJ. GrahamBaltimore, INDYJ. CasayIDP to be determinedMy lineup:QB to be determinedRedman, TolbertCalvin, Holmes, HarvinGrahamIndyCasayIDP to be determinedHis lineupM. RyanC. Johnson, J. Addai, C. BensonR. White, G. JenningsKellerPittsburghM. BryantN. BowmanM. Ryan
If you have faith in Kolb over Ben this week, in a BIG GAME, I would easily drop Lance Moore for the IDP. He will no start for you many weeks.

Hey Jeff----This is an earlier post about choosing a kicker to cover for a bye week......

K

-Shaun Suisham v TEN

-Nick Folk @ NE

-Ryan Lindell v PHI

-L TYNES v SEA

-C Barth @ SF

YOUR ADVICE

Keep Bailey and pick up either Folk or Tynes

****NICK NOVAK @ DENVER is coming up on a lot of pages as a good play this week. I wanted to double check with you on which of the 3 you like best this week before I make my final pick up.

I am beginning to lean towards NOVAK and the high scoring Chargers offense......I know this is a lot of talk about a kicker but points are points brother!

One last little tidbit....at TE F Davis is on his bye,

I have Jared Cook @ PITT who I was going to start,

but now there is a lot of info about A Hernandez practicing the past few days and is likely to start. Revis plans on attempting to shut down Welker.....

If Hernandez plays go with him or don't chance it and roll with COOK?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Start Hernandez if he plays. He is a stud with big upside. At kicker, Novak is a decent option. I like him kicking in Denver this week. Kickers are hard to predict week-to-week so go with who you feel good about. I do like keeping Bailey. He is scoring a ton more than any other kicker.

Jeff, STandard scoring

Starks, Gore, D. Williams,Jones drew.......which two you like better

Thanks for All the help.

Roll Tide

Sooners had the whip out today.

Jeff,

If D. Henderson's out tomorrow....would that bump L. moore over M. thomas or d moore?

Thanks

Hope your teams are doing okay so far......

Here are my desperation options at WR LOL!

-Doug BALDWIN .SEA

-Greg LITTLE .CLE

-Jason AVANT .PHI (Hard to believe asking about an Eagle WR after the last few weeks but he did post numbers)

-Jason HILL .JAX

-Damian WILLIAMS .TEN

-Darrius Heyward-Bey .OAK (Has he replaced DENARIUS MOORE? Can he be consistent going forward?)

MY CURRENT WRS

MEGATRON

S HOLMES

E DECKER

R MEACHEM

D MOORE

****I can add any of the above WRs without dropping another player

RBs

I can pick up one just by dropping a kicker? Are either worth it at all?

-Jackie BATTLE .KC

-Delone CARTER .INDY

-JONATHAN DWYER .PITT

**I have BLOUNT who i sbanged up again So, is Addai....looks like the LAW FIRM saw RIDLEY last week and came to securely claim his #! SPOT so looks like RIDLEY may be my sacrificial cow for Mr. BATTLE who has no competition, right?

or....I have the SAINTS DEF, I can carry two, forget about adding either RB mentioned above and pick up one of the 3 DEFENSES listed below along with adding one of the WRs you like above.

SEATTLE---BENGALS---BILLS---BRONCOS---CHARGERS......KEEP THEM AND THE SAINTS TO PLAY BEST OPTION EACH WEEK.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

THANKS!

Jeff, PPR REDRAFT ROSTER IN SIG

HERE'S USUAL WEEK OF PROSPECTS:

HAVING SOME QUESTIONS ON WHO TO KEEP AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE RAIDERS DEAL. HAGAN AVAILABLE, BUT I HAVE THE OTHER TWO OAK GUYS.

MY ROSTER BELOW AND I JUST NEED TO MAKE ANY GOOD MOVES I CAN MOVING FORWARD.

HAGAN,(OWENS TO STASH),HILL,CLAYTON BUT HAVE ALEXANDER,OBOMANU,DAMIEN WILLIAMS,BALDWIN,AVANT

KENDRICKS,DREESEN,BALLARD........OUR FLEX POSITION CAN BE TE,RB,WR.

I MAY BE ABLE TO GET ONE OF THESE GUYS.....WAIVERS ARE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE. AND WHO TO DROP

THANKS

Thanks again Jeff...you do such a nice job. Concise, logical, on point, patient... Your efforts are very much appreciated out here!
I felt terrible watching Orton get pulled just a day after recommending you not go get Tebow. Tebow is the guy going further.

14 team Dynasty league, Standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 flex Current record is 2-3

My team

QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck

RB's C. Johnson. MJD, S. Jackson

WR's M. Austin, R. Wayne, S. Moss, J. Nelson, E. Decker, P. Burress

TE's J. Witten, A. Hernandez

Just been offered M. Cassel, D. Jackson & S. Chandler for M. Ryan, J. Nelson & Herndandez or was thinking of countering with the same trade but including his 1st round pick next year since I do not really like the offer as is.

Hope your teams are doing okay so far......

Here are my desperation options at WR LOL!

-Doug BALDWIN .SEA

-Greg LITTLE .CLE

-Jason AVANT .PHI (Hard to believe asking about an Eagle WR after the last few weeks but he did post numbers)

-Jason HILL .JAX

-Damian WILLIAMS .TEN

-Darrius Heyward-Bey .OAK (Has he replaced DENARIUS MOORE? Can he be consistent going forward?)

MY CURRENT WRS

MEGATRON

S HOLMES

E DECKER

R MEACHEM

D MOORE

****I can add any of the above WRs without dropping another player

RBs

I can pick up one just by dropping a kicker? Are either worth it at all?

-Jackie BATTLE .KC

-Delone CARTER .INDY

-JONATHAN DWYER .PITT

**I have BLOUNT who i sbanged up again So, is Addai....looks like the LAW FIRM saw RIDLEY last week and came to securely claim his #! SPOT so looks like RIDLEY may be my sacrificial cow for Mr. BATTLE who has no competition, right?

or....I have the SAINTS DEF, I can carry two, forget about adding either RB mentioned above and pick up one of the 3 DEFENSES listed below along with adding one of the WRs you like above.

SEATTLE---BENGALS---BILLS---BRONCOS---CHARGERS......KEEP THEM AND THE SAINTS TO PLAY BEST OPTION EACH WEEK.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

THANKS!
no WRs worth dropping for those. I like the NO defense this week vs Tampa. You can dump Ridley for a RB this week. I might suggest Graham given NO's poor run defense.

Jeff, PPR REDRAFT ROSTER IN SIGHERE'S USUAL WEEK OF PROSPECTS:HAVING SOME QUESTIONS ON WHO TO KEEP AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE RAIDERS DEAL. HAGAN AVAILABLE, BUT I HAVE THE OTHER TWO OAK GUYS.MY ROSTER BELOW AND I JUST NEED TO MAKE ANY GOOD MOVES I CAN MOVING FORWARD.HAGAN,(OWENS TO STASH),HILL,CLAYTON BUT HAVE ALEXANDER,OBOMANU,DAMIEN WILLIAMS,BALDWIN,AVANTKENDRICKS,DREESEN,BALLARD........OUR FLEX POSITION CAN BE TE,RB,WR.I MAY BE ABLE TO GET ONE OF THESE GUYS.....WAIVERS ARE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE. AND WHO TO DROPTHANKS
of those WRs, Baldwin is the one I like. Not excited about the others or the TEs. I also might advise trying to pick up Tebow if he is available, dropping Campbell.

14 team Dynasty league, Standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 flex Current record is 2-3My teamQB's M. Ryan, M. HasselbeckRB's C. Johnson. MJD, S. JacksonWR's M. Austin, R. Wayne, S. Moss, J. Nelson, E. Decker, P. BurressTE's J. Witten, A. HernandezJust been offered M. Cassel, D. Jackson & S. Chandler for M. Ryan, J. Nelson & Herndandez or was thinking of countering with the same trade but including his 1st round pick next year since I do not really like the offer as is.
I like the deal other than the TEs. Jackson is overrated as a fantasy player. I would want at least the 1st next yr and no deal if from a good team since you will be making them better

Jeff, PPR REDRAFT ROSTER IN SIGHERE'S USUAL WEEK OF PROSPECTS:HAVING SOME QUESTIONS ON WHO TO KEEP AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE RAIDERS DEAL. HAGAN AVAILABLE, BUT I HAVE THE OTHER TWO OAK GUYS.MY ROSTER BELOW AND I JUST NEED TO MAKE ANY GOOD MOVES I CAN MOVING FORWARD.HAGAN,(OWENS TO STASH),HILL,CLAYTON BUT HAVE ALEXANDER,OBOMANU,DAMIEN WILLIAMS,BALDWIN,AVANTKENDRICKS,DREESEN,BALLARD........OUR FLEX POSITION CAN BE TE,RB,WR.I MAY BE ABLE TO GET ONE OF THESE GUYS.....WAIVERS ARE TOUGH IN THIS LEAGUE. AND WHO TO DROPTHANKS
of those WRs, Baldwin is the one I like. Not excited about the others or the TEs. I also might advise trying to pick up Tebow if he is available, dropping Campbell.
thANKS, BUT nO AVAIL. TEBOW IN THIS LEAGUE....SHOULD I DROP ONE OF THE OAKS OR LITTLE,JONES, SCOTT??

thANKS, BUT nO AVAIL. TEBOW IN THIS LEAGUE....SHOULD I DROP ONE OF THE OAKS OR LITTLE,JONES, SCOTT??
Drop D Jones since he is out 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprain.

14 team Dynasty league, Standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE & 3 flex Current record is 2-3My teamQB's M. Ryan, M. HasselbeckRB's C. Johnson. MJD, S. JacksonWR's M. Austin, R. Wayne, S. Moss, J. Nelson, E. Decker, P. BurressTE's J. Witten, A. HernandezJust been offered M. Cassel, D. Jackson & S. Chandler for M. Ryan, J. Nelson & Herndandez or was thinking of countering with the same trade but including his 1st round pick next year since I do not really like the offer as is.
I like the deal other than the TEs. Jackson is overrated as a fantasy player. I would want at least the 1st next yr and no deal if from a good team since you will be making them better
Would you still do it if I just dropped off the TE's and not including his 1st rounder just looked and his team is bad so pick would be a high pick so don't know if he would go for it with including the 1st but the real thing is I don't really know if I am upgrading my WR enough to trade Ryan.

Would you still do it if I just dropped off the TE's and not including his 1st rounder just looked and his team is bad so pick would be a high pick so don't know if he would go for it with including the 1st but the real thing is I don't really know if I am upgrading my WR enough to trade Ryan.
I agree. Not worth the HUGE risk at QB unless you get a big bump elsewhere. In non-ppr not worth giving up a QB unless a great deal

I felt terrible watching Orton get pulled just a day after recommending you not go get Tebow. Tebow is the guy going further.
Thanks Jeff, but we all have to go with what we know at the time. I liked your logic, and appreciate your perspectives! Having Ben go nuts helped ease the pain! :+)

Hey Jeff.

Trade Question for ya.

14 Team PPR 3 player keeper league.

Start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE

QBs: Grossman, Freeman, Beck

RBs: Foster, Fred Jackson, Peterson, Gerhart, McGahee

WRs: Andre Johnson, Lloyd, Decker, Washinton, Antonio Brown, Benn

TEs: Finley, Olson

Looking to upgrade at WR and QB. (Working on a different deal for Stafford).

Thinking about this:

I give: McGahee

I get: Dez Bryant

I, obviously, don't need McGahee but he ranked as the tenth RB in this leagues scoring. This league highly values RBs with 14 teams and a mandatory start 2. He might not go for it, because McGahee probably doesn't get looked at as a top 10 RB, but is it worth the risk for me to make a move now for the underperforming/injured Bryant going into his bye.

Thinking this would be a good time to buy.

He needs RBs and he already has Steve Smith and Greg Jennings on his roster.

Is it a good offer for me, am I not bringing enough to the table, or should I shoot higher for maybe Smith or Jennings?

Thanks!

Hey Jeff - Following up on above, I just got this offer from another owner.

14 Team PPR 3 player keeper league.

Start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE

QBs: Grossman, Freeman, Beck

RBs: Foster, Fred Jackson, Peterson, Gerhart, McGahee

WRs: Andre Johnson, Lloyd, Decker, Washinton, Antonio Brown, Benn

TEs: Finley, Olson

I get: Calvin Johnson, Tebow and Ridley 6th round 2011 pick

I give: Andre Johnson, Fred Jackson, and Grossman, 2nd round 2011

I do get a younger keeper in Calvin over Andre and I couldn't keep Fred Jackson next year anyway (unless I wanted to keep him over Foster and Peterson). I also get to take the Flyer on Tebow at QB where I'm weak, and in this league there are NO QBs on the wire.

I do give away a lot though. I like my depth at RB to have bye weeks and injuries covered.

Thoughts?

Hi again Jeff,

Question 1 on WRs: Do you like Greg Little Cle/5, DHB Oak/8, Mark Clayton StL/5, or Early Doucett Az/6 over Denarius Moore or Mario Manningham?

Question 2 on RBs: Do you like Jackie Battle KC/6 over Isaac Redman or Bernard Scott?

Question 3 on my guys: If I drop two players for Tebow and a PK bye replacement, how would you rank these four for “dropability”?

Redman, Scott, Manningham, and Denarius Moore.

Bernard Scott: Benson’s suspension just seems to be going on and on, and I’m figuring that the Scott lottery ticket may never come to pass.

Redman: the man has talent, but didn’t do all that much before he was injured last week, and someone named Dwyer outclassed him completely. And add to that the fact that the Steelers seem to be happy passing the ball, and he’s just not much to bet on.

Manningham: After last week’s game, with Cruz getting 11 targets to Manningham’s 9 and Nicks’ 7, it’s hard to think that Manningham will pay off in NY. But 9 targets are still quite a few, so maybe there’s more there than meets the eye.

Denarius Moore: Wow, he went from superstar to second thought. The Raiders are a run first outfit, and with DHB back (12 targets last week), Ford (7 targets), and even Chaz Schilens (3), it sure seems like Moore is an afterthought.

I’m figuring that Scott may be worth holding for another week to see what happens with Benson, and that Redman may be worth a handcuff to Mendenhall for another week or so. That means I’m considering the two WRs. It “feels” like Manningham is losing his role, but he did get those 9 targets, and the Giants are liable to be passing the ball al lot. So that leaves me thinking that even though he was so highly thought of as a potential game breaker, that Moore may be the guy to go.

I also need to pick up a PK since Novak is on bye this week. Gosh I hate to lose Novak, since he’s been so very good. With that in mind, I’ll probably not drop him, but drop one or both of the above four players for Tebow and a PK, so I can keep Novak.

Thoughts? Thanks Jeff!

This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Ben

RB: Mendenhall, McGahee, Ingram, Tolbert, Torain, Redman, Bernard Scott

WR: Nicks, Santana, Lloyd, Denarius Moore, and Manningham

TE: Winslow DEF: Saints K: Novak

'tate516 said:
Hey Jeff,

Can't believe Painter got me a win but he did it!!!

My RBs are pathetic and NOT consistent...here they are:

CHRIS JOHNSON (BYE WEEK 6)

STEVAN RIDLEY

LEGARETTE BLOUNT (HOW LONG WILL HE BE OUT?)

JAMES STARKS

RYAN TORAIN

****ONLY POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION WOULD BE EARNEST GRAHAM V THE SAINTS THIS WEEK.

IF I PICKED HIM UP IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TO START HIM!

I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO LET A KICKER GO OR ANOTHER ONE OF THE RBS LISTED ABOVE......

SO......IS HE A PLAY WORTH MAKING? ESPECIALLY OVER ALL OF MY OTHER QUESTIONS LISTED BELOW?

I would drop Ridley for Graham just for insurance this week

****I can add any of the WRs listed below without dropping another player

-Greg LITTLE .CLE (LEANING TOWARDS LITTLE!--Don't need him this week) I like Little

-Damian WILLIAMS .TEN (VERY TEMPTING with BRITT out!!!!-----I THINK HE IS THE #1 OPTION OUT OF THESE 4 WRS)

Want no part of DHB over Moore or Ford

*********************************************************************************************************************

MY CURRENT WRS are:

MEGATRON

S HOLMES

E DECKER

R MEACHEM

D MOORE

So, who if any would you grab?

Or I take one of the DEFs listed below

-BENGALS -BILLS ( LOOK SOLID!) -SKINS

Or is my better option to just stay pat with my 2 kickers instead?

My 2 kickers are NOVAK (SD) & BAILEY (DAL)

I need your opinion but I am leaning towards sticking with 1 TE Hernandez, grabbing LITTLE or WILLIAMS, both KICKERS are playing BIG!

THANKS JEFF
And keep both kickers ... if I read it right

Users who are viewing this thread