What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Biggest week of the season! My team that has been completely ravaged by injuries needs one more win to (most likely) make the playoffs.These guys I'm like 99% sure I will start, though Tebow vs Young isn't clear-cut.PPR, 5 pt bonuses for 100/150/175 Rush/Rec yds or 300/350/400 Pass ydsQB: Young RB: LynchRB: HeluWR: NicksTE: DavisThat leavesWR: Doug BaldwinW/R: Denarius MooreBench:QB: TebowRB: DBrownRB: RGrantWR: ManninghamWR: LMooreWR: KnoxRight now, I'm leaning towards Baldwin tonight, then thinking of Moore, Manningham, Brown, or Moore for that flex spot, but I really don't know what to think. Lance Moore never gets any respect from this site's projections. He is a boom/bust type of guy, but he NEVER does. Moore and Baldwin seem to alternate being flavor of the week; Moore going from a top 15 WR for the rest of the year, down to 50 something today. Baldwin now up to a top 15 WR for the rest of the season seems just as ridiculous now, but I'll take it.If Jeff, or anyone, has any lineup advice, I'd love to hear it.
Baldwin is intriguing tonight with Rice out. I would go with Manningham if healthy, Moore if not

Jeff,With Orton now at KC .....is he worth a pu and would that upgrade Baldwin any?,WElls or Helu this week on another team?Vjax,Bowe and D. moore....need twoTHanks
no on orton, like baldwin's upsidewells over helu after last weekvjax and bowe ... moore still hurt
Not sure if should drop anyone.......for Baldwin(kC) team in red sig ppr
dont like him THAT much
OK THANKS JEFF......YOU KNOW I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. FIGURE BEST TO ASK WHAT U THINK

RB2 - Helu, Spiller, Hillis

WR2 - Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, or Julio Jones if he plays - Another option could be to drop one of those or manningham to get damian williams, harry douglas, DHB or Greg Little

Flex - One of the spare rbs or wrs

Thanks ahead of time!!

14 Team Dynasty - No PPR - OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

Schaub, Cutler, VYoung, CHanie, Grossman

Matthews, DLewis, JRodgers, Vereen

Roddy, Nicks, Maclin, Lloyd, Amendola, DamWilliams, LRobinson, EBennett

Gates

Rackers

49ers

Start:

1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 2FLEX(RB,WR,TE) 1K 1D/ST - can also start 4 WR and 1 TE or 3 WR and 2 TE or 5 WR in our shotgun formations

Two owners really making a push for Roddy.....either offer worth accepting?

Offer #1:

Give: Roddy, Schaub

Get: Bradford, Torrey Smith, AHernandez

Offer #2:

Give: Roddy

Get: DWilliams, JStewart

Either offer worth accepting looking toward next year?

Hi Jeff,

In first place and limping toward the finish line...

Need to start 4 of these in performance scoring, no PPR league...

RBush vs Oak

SSmith vs TB

Finley @ NYG

KSmith @ NO

Hillis vs Balt

Bowe @ Chi

Thanks for help!

Jeff,

The question that I will be asking myself for the rest of the season: Who will I start at WR this week?

Pick 1 (standard scoring, non-PPR):

Torrey Smith vs CLE

Nate Washington vs BUF

Dwayne Bowe vs CHI

Marques Colston vs DET

Hey Jeff. I am looking to start Kevin Smith at flex but want to grab Burleson to fill in just in case Smith is a no go. I need to drop either Bengals or Titans D to clear a spot for him. Both D's have really nice week 15/16 matchups, especially the Titans with @IND and JAC. Bengals have @STL and ARZ. we score yards against, FR, INT, sack, TDs special teams TDs and shutout.

Which to I drop? I also have the Pats but plan on usinf them vs IND this week

RB2 - Helu, Spiller, HillisWR2 - Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, or Julio Jones if he plays - Another option could be to drop one of those or manningham to get damian williams, harry douglas, DHB or Greg LittleFlex - One of the spare rbs or wrs
Helu, Hillis and Holmes .... if Julio was healthy, I would recommend him, but may be a week away

'BearsFan4Life said:
Thanks ahead of time!!

14 Team Dynasty - No PPR - OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

Schaub, Cutler, VYoung, CHanie, Grossman

Matthews, DLewis, JRodgers, Vereen

Roddy, Nicks, Maclin, Lloyd, Amendola, DamWilliams, LRobinson, EBennett

Gates

Rackers

49ers

Start:

1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 2FLEX(RB,WR,TE) 1K 1D/ST - can also start 4 WR and 1 TE or 3 WR and 2 TE or 5 WR in our shotgun formations

Two owners really making a push for Roddy.....either offer worth accepting?

Offer #1:

Give: Roddy, Schaub

Get: Bradford, Torrey Smith, AHernandez

I do not like at all. You have a good TE and do not need to overpay for a TE

Offer #2:

Give: Roddy

Get: DWilliams, JStewart

This is tempting, but hard to start either RB and both are under contract in 2012 so I would pass and hope for a better deal

Either offer worth accepting looking toward next year?

Jeff, The question that I will be asking myself for the rest of the season: Who will I start at WR this week?Pick 1 (standard scoring, non-PPR):Torrey Smith vs CLENate Washington vs BUFDwayne Bowe vs CHIMarques Colston vs DET
Bowe or Colston are the solid, conservative plays and would go with one of these two - prob Colston. If needing a huge game, would go with Smith and hope for a high risk high reward wr

Hey Jeff. I am looking to start Kevin Smith at flex but want to grab Burleson to fill in just in case Smith is a no go. I need to drop either Bengals or Titans D to clear a spot for him. Both D's have really nice week 15/16 matchups, especially the Titans with @IND and JAC. Bengals have @STL and ARZ. we score yards against, FR, INT, sack, TDs special teams TDs and shutout.Which to I drop? I also have the Pats but plan on usinf them vs IND this week
I think I would drop Cincy since you will start Tenn in wee 15 and Jac>AZ when kolb is back.

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hi Jeff,In first place and limping toward the finish line...Need to start 4 of these in performance scoring, no PPR league...RBush vs OakSSmith vs TBFinley @ NYGKSmith @ NOHillis vs BaltBowe @ ChiThanks for help!
Hillis, Bowe, Smith, Bush in no order
Thanks for your help, Jeff. One more WDIS in my second league, where I'm also in first place...Touchdown heavy scoring but small yardage bonus, no PPR...My last starter comes from one of these three...Kevin Smith @ NOBradshaw vs GBLance Moore vs DetInjury status makes this a tough call...Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again!

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hi Jeff,In first place and limping toward the finish line...Need to start 4 of these in performance scoring, no PPR league...RBush vs OakSSmith vs TBFinley @ NYGKSmith @ NOHillis vs BaltBowe @ ChiThanks for help!
Hillis, Bowe, Smith, Bush in no order
Thanks for your help, Jeff. One more WDIS in my second league, where I'm also in first place...Touchdown heavy scoring but small yardage bonus, no PPR...My last starter comes from one of these three...Kevin Smith @ NOBradshaw vs GBLance Moore vs DetInjury status makes this a tough call...Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again!
bradshaw if he plays. moore if not

Hey Jeff-

This is for the division title and a bye!

PPR, .5ppc, return league, 4 pass td, 6 other

Need a WR and Flex but re-assure me everything else looks good. Starters in bold.

Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex

QB-Stafford, Vick

RB-Foster, Gore, Gerhart, AP

WR-Wallace, VJax, Boldin, Moss, Little

TE-Graham, Dickson

WR

Do I stick with Vjax as my WR2 or go with Boldin, Moss or Little?

Flex

Do I roll with Gerhart or one of those WRs?

Dont love Boldin vs Haden, Moss vs Revis or Little vs BAL D. . . .thoughts?

Who to start here? Non-ppr, 1pt/10yds, tds=7. Need to win!

1 RB needed:

Ingram vs DET

Smith @ NO

Starks @ NYG

1 WR needed:

S Moss vs NYJ

T Young @ NO

Thanks.

Hi again Jeff - what are you hearing about Kevin Smith? I'd love to start him (NON-ppr), but am concerned that either he won't play, or will reinjure the ankle and not play much. I also have MoMo, but would probably start Ingram (same game) if he can't go...thanks!

Hey Jeff-

This is for the division title and a bye!

PPR, .5ppc, return league, 4 pass td, 6 other

Need a WR and Flex but re-assure me everything else looks good. Starters in bold.

Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex

QB-Stafford, Vick

RB-Foster, Gore, Gerhart, AP

WR-Wallace, VJax, Boldin, Moss, Little

TE-Graham, Dickson

WR

Do I stick with Vjax as my WR2 or go with Boldin, Moss or Little?

Flex

Do I roll with Gerhart or one of those WRs?

Dont love Boldin vs Haden, Moss vs Revis or Little vs BAL D. . . .thoughts?
I think I would go with VJax and Boldin over Gerhart and Moss. I think you picked the right starters. You have a good team. Good luck

Who to start here? Non-ppr, 1pt/10yds, tds=7. Need to win!1 RB needed:Ingram vs DETSmith @ NOStarks @ NYG1 WR needed:S Moss vs NYJT Young @ NOThanks.
tough decisions. I do not have faith in Smith with his injury and Starks does not get many carries or goal line carries so I would start Ingram and hope. Same goes for Santana. He should get plenty of targets even with Revis on the prown

Hi again Jeff - what are you hearing about Kevin Smith? I'd love to start him (NON-ppr), but am concerned that either he won't play, or will reinjure the ankle and not play much. I also have MoMo, but would probably start Ingram (same game) if he can't go...thanks!
I would start MoMo unless you feel good about Smith. The below was last I saw from a beat writer:https://twitter.com/#!/davebirkett/statuses/142729746709622784

Barring a setback, he should play. RT @d69metz: does your gut tell you Kevin Smith will be a full go on Sunday Night?

So due to some people losing I lost and can still get in the playoffs if I win.

On waivers I'm looking at McCluster, Marion Barber, Riley Cooper, and Demaryius Thomas

Droppable guys would be Hillis, Spiller, Helu, Damien Williams, Santana Moss

Also at RB2 - Helu, Spiller or Hillis

WR2 - Julio, Santonio, Williams, or Moss

Flex - One of the leftovers

If you think I should install one of the waiver guys in those spots let me know

Also after the debacle from yesterday would you still play Blount?

Jeff, PPR

Do any of these just jump out at you? or save waiver pos. I want need them until weeks 15,16 I'm on a bye week 14

Saine,Scott,Ware

D. Thomas,Roberts,k williams,Douglas,Kerley//////// any word on Owens lately catching on?

You know my Roster in this league in Red

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
'RAZRr1275 said:
So due to some people losing I lost and can still get in the playoffs if I win.On waivers I'm looking at McCluster, Marion Barber, Riley Cooper, and Demaryius ThomasDroppable guys would be Hillis, Spiller, Helu, Damien Williams, Santana MossAlso at RB2 - Helu, Spiller or HillisWR2 - Julio, Santonio, Williams, or MossFlex - One of the leftoversIf you think I should install one of the waiver guys in those spots let me knowAlso after the debacle from yesterday would you still play Blount?
I do not like any of the waiver guy better than who you have. Additionally, I would sit Blount since TB is not giving him enough carries to make a difference

Jeff, PPR Do any of these just jump out at you? or save waiver pos. I want need them until weeks 15,16 I'm on a bye week 14Saine,Scott,WareD. Thomas,Roberts,k williams,Douglas,Kerley//////// any word on Owens lately catching on?You know my Roster in this league in RedThanks .
I would hold tight. None are enticing

'bamtonio said:
Jeff, In a non-PPR standard scoring league, I'm having trouble deciding who to start.Pick 3: Murray vs NYGM. Bush @ GBC.J. Spiller (WR + RB eligible) @ SDColston @ TenShonn Greene @ KCL. Robinson vs NYGThe playoffs in my league are 2 week playoffs, by the way.
in non-ppr, I would side with Spiller, Bush, and Greene assuming Miles Austin is still out. If he is out, I would start Robinson over Bush.

12 team dynasty league, starters 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 k, 1 DEF, standard scoring no PPR

QB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, S. Vereen, D. McCluster, J. McKnight

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, D. Williams(Ten), M. Thomas, P. Burress, R. Cobb, A. Benn, E. Bennett,

TE's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks

K- J. Hanson

DEF- San Diego, Baltimore

So would you trade M. Forte for Benson and S. Smith(car). He also has Steve Johnson and a 1st round pick that will be somewhere bewteen 8-12. So would you do that trade or try to counter with something else or stay with what I have.

12 team dynasty league, starters 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 k, 1 DEF, standard scoring no PPRQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, S. Vereen, D. McCluster, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, D. Williams(Ten), M. Thomas, P. Burress, R. Cobb, A. Benn, E. Bennett, TE's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks K- J. Hanson DEF- San Diego, Baltimore So would you trade M. Forte for Benson and S. Smith(car). He also has Steve Johnson and a 1st round pick that will be somewhere bewteen 8-12. So would you do that trade or try to counter with something else or stay with what I have.
I would keep Forte. In fact, he is a player to buy for me. Forte is one of just a handful of elite RBs

QB - Tebow or Vick

RB1 and RB2 - Blount, Hillis, Spiller, Helu

WR2 - Julio, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, Damian Williams

TE - Jake Ballard or Brent Celek

Flex - One of the left over WRS or RBs

Also should I add malcolm floyd for one of the wrs?

No PPR, Standard Scoring - The scenario is that I'm in a 4 way tie for the last playoff spot - I'm second in the tie due to points scored - I'm 10 pts behind so I'll need a high scoring game to get the spot but I need to win as well so whatever balance between risk and success you think is good would be great

QB - Tebow or Vick

RB1 and RB2 - Blount, Hillis, Spiller, Helu

WR2 - Julio, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, Damian Williams

TE - Jake Ballard or Brent Celek

Flex - One of the left over WRS or RBs

Also should I add malcolm floyd for one of the wrs?

No PPR, Standard Scoring - The scenario is that I'm in a 4 way tie for the last playoff spot - I'm second in the tie due to points scored - I'm 10 pts behind so I'll need a high scoring game to get the spot but I need to win as well so whatever balance between risk and success you think is good would be great
not a huge Floyd fan this week. For the last spot, I would go with either Blount or Julio

1/2 point PPR - I need a WR and a Flex. Thoughts?

WR

Colston @ TEN

Nelson v. Oakland

A. Brown @ Cincy

FLEX

Colston

Nelson

A. Brown

Steven Jackson @ STL

So would you go Santonio or Santana at WR2? I have Mike Wallace as my WR1 - Also how much of a chance do you think there is that the Bucs will get behind enough to abandon the run?

Also at kicker would you stick with Janikowski or go with Hanson, Gostkowski, Barth, Gano, or Prater?

12 team dynasty league, starters 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 k, 1 DEF, standard scoring no PPRQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, S. Vereen, D. McCluster, J. McKnight WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, D. Williams(Ten), M. Thomas, P. Burress, R. Cobb, A. Benn, E. Bennett, TE's- J. Witten, L. Kendricks K- J. Hanson DEF- San Diego, Baltimore So would you trade M. Forte for Benson and S. Smith(car). He also has Steve Johnson and a 1st round pick that will be somewhere bewteen 8-12. So would you do that trade or try to counter with something else or stay with what I have.
I would keep Forte. In fact, he is a player to buy for me. Forte is one of just a handful of elite RBs
Just got this offer from another team Vick, J. Best E, Bennett for E. Manning, D. Sproles & Burress.Here is the other teamQB's E. Manning, M. Moore, K. Orton RB's F. Gore, MJD, D. Sproles WR's R. White, A. Boldin, P. Burress, A. Caldwell, D. Mason, L. Moore, K. WalterTe's T. Gonzalez, T. Rudolph So is there something here you might counter with if you do not like the trade above.

BRADSHAW AT DALLAS

SPILLER AT SD

BARBER AT DEN

ALSO

JAKE BALLARD AT DAL

OR OLSEN VS ATL

PPR 1PT PER 10 RUSH/REC

BONUS FOR 50 YARD TDS - WONT MATTER...

IF Peterson sits, and Bradshaw plays...

GERHART at denver

or

bradshaw at dallas

POINT PER YARD, 60 PER TD

3 PER CATCH (DOESNT FACTOR MUCH)

holmes vs kc

crabtree @arizona

santana moss vs ne

bench currently are

desean jackson vs miami (HEAVY BONUSES FOR TDS OVER 30-40-50-60-75 YARDS)

deion branch vs NE (HAVE BRADY)

POINT PER YARD, 60 PER TD, 3 PER CATCH

DO I HAVE the right three in?

thanks for all the help/opinion.

So would you go Santonio or Santana at WR2? I have Mike Wallace as my WR1 - Also how much of a chance do you think there is that the Bucs will get behind enough to abandon the run?Also at kicker would you stick with Janikowski or go with Hanson, Gostkowski, Barth, Gano, or Prater?
Janikowski as long as the weather is decent. Hanson second choice. I am having doubts on Blount given recent history ... riskyI like Holmes tops but still like Santana some

Just got this offer from another team Vick, J. Best E, Bennett for E. Manning, D. Sproles & Burress.Here is the other teamQB's E. Manning, M. Moore, K. Orton RB's F. Gore, MJD, D. Sproles WR's R. White, A. Boldin, P. Burress, A. Caldwell, D. Mason, L. Moore, K. WalterTe's T. Gonzalez, T. Rudolph So is there something here you might counter with if you do not like the trade above.
I do not like it for you given Vick's injuries and the possibility of Philly swapping coaches and possibly changing offensive schemes

Users who are viewing this thread