What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff,Down to nut cutting time and I need help at WR3.PPR performance league with bonus at 100 yards and extra points for longer TDsAll I have at WR3 is Curry and A. Davis.With A. Johnson back, Davis is done.I'm not too disappointed in Curry's year (I got him very late) but he's tapered off and has two tough ones with IND and JAX coming up.Free agents available include:Gaffney vs. NYJ and MIA - nice matchups and he's been hot but he's #4 on the Pats (#6 when you count Faulk and Watson)B. Johnson and Urban for AZ at NO and vs. ATL - one hit wonders?Both Gage and R. Williams for TEN are available - @KC and vs. NYJA. Battle (ques.) v. CIN and TBR. Williams @ PIT and v. OAK - two pretty tough matchupsM. Jenkins v. TB and AZHelp me out man...I've over-analyzed this thing to death.
Battle and Gaffney are two best options. I like Arnaz best if he is playing. He is the only decent wr on the 9ers.
This got a little more interesting.I've not made a move yet so, I didn't pick up Battle.However,Cotchery @ NE and @ Pitt is now availableAs is S. Moss @NYG and @ Minn.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help last time!

I need to pick between Boldin and MJD. WRs get 1pt/rec, 1/10 yds. RBs get .5pts/rec and 1/10 yds.

Boldin is playing with an injured toe. MJD is playing the Steelers Rush D in bad weather.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Jeff what do you think i am down by 7.14 and he is done and i have Rice vs Chi

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Hey Jeff,

We have a 2 wk playoff, and I've already won my game. I would play the winner of the other two teams. They have tied their game though. Does that mean we should let them play again in week 16, and I would play that winner in wk 17. THis has never happened before in this league.

Hey Jeff,We have a 2 wk playoff, and I've already won my game. I would play the winner of the other two teams. They have tied their game though. Does that mean we should let them play again in week 16, and I would play that winner in wk 17. THis has never happened before in this league.
I have never seen that exactly. Usually, the rules include a provision of bench points or a pre-designated player to be the tie-breaker. Congrats on the win.

Is any of these guy below worth picking up for my final game (i have grant, K smith, Graham,S Young. Edge, Dayne we can play four RB

A Stecker vs PHI

D Sproles vs DEN

D Rhodes @ JAX

Which def should i play this week

TB @ SF

JAX vs OAK

BAL @ SEA

IND vs Hou

I saw ARI def on ww and thay ar playing ATL

ARI vs ARI

Is any of these guy below worth picking up for my final game (i have grant, K smith, Graham,S Young. Edge, Dayne we can play four RBA Stecker vs PHID Sproles vs DEND Rhodes @ JAXWhich def should i play this week TB @ SFJAX vs OAKBAL @ SEAIND vs Hou I saw ARI def on ww and thay ar playing ATLARI vs ARI
After last week, it would be hard not to think of the Arizona defense as a top five since they are facing the Falcons and Redman. Stecker, depending on whether Bush plays, would be the only one worth picking up.

Got a tough one in my 8 teamer final, I have to sit one of:

M Barber @ Car

R Grant @ Chi

W Parker @ St Lou

J Lewis @ Cin

I know conventional wisdom is go with the sure thing (non time share RB's), but I just don't want to miss one of Barber's big games against an opponent they should get plenty of chances to run.

Got a tough one in my 8 teamer final, I have to sit one of:

M Barber @ Car

R Grant @ Chi

W Parker @ St Lou

J Lewis @ Cin

I know conventional wisdom is go with the sure thing (non time share RB's), but I just don't want to miss one of Barber's big games against an opponent they should get plenty of chances to run.
I look up the Carolina defense and they are great against the run. Check out these numbers. They only average 3.71 yards per rush and have given up only 12 rushing touchdowns on the season.The other three defenses are horrible against the run.

Should I add either TB or Min as my def instead of Seattle both are on the waiver wire someone just dropped Min Def or is Seattle a better choice then either of them.

Should I add either TB or Min as my def instead of Seattle both are on the waiver wire someone just dropped Min Def or is Seattle a better choice then either of them.
Minny and Seattle are producing top fantasy numbers. I was not happy with the way the Seattle defense rolled over against Carolina last week. For that reason, I think I would go with Minny. It is very close and both are good options. I am just miffed at how poor Seattle played last week.

Jeff,

I like some help with my starting roster for my championship game. We start the following: QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, flex RB/WR/TE, K, and D/ST

Here's my roster:

QB -- Hasselbeck, Warner

RB -- Portis, Maroney, KJones, RBush, SYoung, KSmith, DSproles

WR -- Owens, Fitzgerald, AJohnson, CHenry, RWhite, SHolmes, Calvin Johnson

TE -- Winslow

K -- Folk

D/ST -- Tennessee

Scoring is 1 pt/20 yds passing; 4 pts/TD pass; 1 pt/reception; 1 pt/10 yds rush/receiving; 6 pts/rush/rec TD; typical kicking scoring and defensive scoring.

#1 -- Who would you start?

#2 -- Would you pick up and start Bironas (vs. NY Jets) to start him over Folk (@ Carolina) this week?

#3 -- Would you pick up and start the NY Giants (@ Buffalo) or Arizona Cardinals (vs. Atlanta) over Tennessee (vs. NY Jets)?

Thanks in advance!

Oh well....Romo & Anderson cost me a shot at the Championship in both leagues. I lost by 3pts in one and 5 in the other.

So, I am trying to get excited about grabbing the number 3 spot.

I sure hope that you faired better and are going for the big win this week.

Team 1

WR(3)

Wayne v HOU

Housh v CLE

Gaffney v MIA

Roydell Williams v NYJ

Crayton @ CAR

RB(2)

Stecker @ PHI

Maroney v MIA

Sproles v DET

Peterson(CHI) v GB

TE(1)

Gonzo @ DET

Miller @ STL

Billy Miller @ PHI

DEF

Colts v HOU

Cowboys @ CAR

TEAM 2

WR(3)

Wayne v HOU

Welker v MIA

Branch v BAL

R White @ AR

K Curtis @ NO

RB(2)

SJax v PIT

Grant @ CHI

SYoung @ SD

MLynch v NYG

KJones v KC

Flex WR/RB

--Please select from the leftovers above--

TE(1)

ODaniels @ INDY

Scheffler @

DEF

Vikings v WAS

Steelers @ STL

Thanks again Jeff!

Jeff,

I like some help with my starting roster for my championship game. We start the following: QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, flex RB/WR/TE, K, and D/ST

Here's my roster:

QB -- Hasselbeck, Warner

RB -- Portis, Maroney, KJones, RBush, SYoung, KSmith, DSproles

WR -- Owens, Fitzgerald, AJohnson, CHenry, RWhite, SHolmes, Calvin Johnson

TE -- Winslow

K -- Folk

D/ST -- Tennessee

Scoring is 1 pt/20 yds passing; 4 pts/TD pass; 1 pt/reception; 1 pt/10 yds rush/receiving; 6 pts/rush/rec TD; typical kicking scoring and defensive scoring.

#1 -- Who would you start?

Hasselbeck only on the hope the Seahawks rebound off of the sorry performance last week.

Kevin Jones

TO, Fitz, AJ

Flex= either Roddy White or Homes ... Portis has a bad matchup

Winslow

Folk

AZ

#2 -- Would you pick up and start Bironas (vs. NY Jets) to start him over Folk (@ Carolina) this week? I would stick with Folk

#3 -- Would you pick up and start the NY Giants (@ Buffalo) or Arizona Cardinals (vs. Atlanta) over Tennessee (vs. NY Jets)? Arizona only because of how bad Atlanta was last week

Thanks in advance!
good luck

Oh well....Romo & Anderson cost me a shot at the Championship in both leagues. I lost by 3pts in one and 5 in the other. Sorry.

So, I am trying to get excited about grabbing the number 3 spot.

I sure hope that you faired better and are going for the big win this week.

Team 1

WR(3)

Wayne v HOU

Housh v CLE

Gaffney v MIA

Roydell Williams v NYJ

Crayton @ CAR

wayne, housh, crayton

RB(2)

Stecker @ PHI

Maroney v MIA

Sproles v DET

Peterson(CHI) v GB

Stecker and Peterson (only change would be Sproles if LT is not playing)

TE(1)

Gonzo @ DET

Miller @ STL

Billy Miller @ PHI

Gonzo

DEF

Colts v HOU

Cowboys @ CAR

Cowboys

TEAM 2

WR(3)

Wayne v HOU

Welker v MIA

Branch v BAL

R White @ AR

K Curtis @ NO

Wayne, Welker, Branch

RB(2)

SJax v PIT

Grant @ CHI

SYoung @ SD

MLynch v NYG

KJones v KC

Grant and KJ

Flex WR/RB

--Please select from the leftovers above--

SJax

TE(1)

ODaniels @ INDY

Scheffler @

Scheffler only because SD is bad against TEs and Indy is good.

DEF

Vikings v WAS

Steelers @ STL

Vikings

Thanks again Jeff!

Hey Jeff,

In the big game bro!! Two years in a row!! Need some help with my TE and Def this week.

I have Clark and Boss right now, starting Clark. Scheffler is on the WW, do you think I should pick him up and start him over Clark?

I have Dallas, Chicago, and Tenn. Went with Tenn last week, both Chi and Dal scored higher :confused: Won anyway though. I'm thinking Dallas this week. What do you think??

Thanks for your help and support this year!! Without you, I don't get paid $$ :thumbup:

Which def this week should I start?

TB @ SF

BAL @ SEA

ARI vs. ATL

Which 4 Rb should I play to go with Owens and Wayne?

Grant @ CHI

K Smith @ DET

E Graham vs. SF

S Young @ SD

Edge vs. ATL

Dyane @ IND

Stecker vs. PHI

I will get back with you fri thing my change by then

Hey Jeff, In the big game bro!! Two years in a row!! Need some help with my TE and Def this week. I have Clark and Boss right now, starting Clark. Scheffler is on the WW, do you think I should pick him up and start him over Clark?I have Dallas, Chicago, and Tenn. Went with Tenn last week, both Chi and Dal scored higher :thumbup: Won anyway though. I'm thinking Dallas this week. What do you think??Thanks for your help and support this year!! Without you, I don't get paid $$ :)
congrats on making it this far. I think I would still go with Clark. Scheffler is a good option, but Clark is more consistent. Of the defenses, I like Dallas playing against the rookie and Carolina. Good luck.

Which def this week should I start?TB @ SFBAL @ SEAARI vs. ATLWhich 4 Rb should I play to go with Owens and Wayne?Grant @ CHIK Smith @ DETE Graham vs. SFS Young @ SDEdge vs. ATLDyane @ INDStecker vs. PHII will get back with you fri thing my change by then
I might be too high on the AZ defense but Atlanta is a bad offense on a team that has been through so much. on the RBs:Grant has a great matchupGraham has a decent matchup (SF run defense has played well last two weeks)The last two are close for me. I like Edge and think they should run, but he has had trouble scoring TDs. Kolby gets a decent matchup against a bad defense. Stecker faces the Eagles, who shut down the cowboy RBs last week. Also, FYI, Dayne had a HUGE game against Indy last year. I would probably go with Dayne and Kolby. But it is very close.

Jeff,

Dynasty question, do you think it is worth keeping Warner for next year?

12 team-22 player roster-1QB start

Also on my roster- Schaub, Leinart, A. Rodgers

What RB do you think would be the best dynasty pickup, PPR league.

M. Moore- Minn

Snelling-Atl

Russell- Pit

dmac37 said:
Jeff,Dynasty question, do you think it is worth keeping Warner for next year?12 team-22 player roster-1QB startAlso on my roster- Schaub, Leinart, A. RodgersWhat RB do you think would be the best dynasty pickup, PPR league.M. Moore- MinnSnelling-Atl Russell- Pit
I would prefer Warner, since you have Leinart, over those RBs.

dmac37 said:
Jeff,Dynasty question, do you think it is worth keeping Warner for next year?12 team-22 player roster-1QB startAlso on my roster- Schaub, Leinart, A. RodgersWhat RB do you think would be the best dynasty pickup, PPR league.M. Moore- MinnSnelling-Atl Russell- Pit
Sounds good, but I still have at least one spot to give up for one of these RB's, who has the most value?

dmac37 said:
Sounds good, but I still have at least one spot to give up for one of these RB's, who has the most value?
Mewelde because he is a free agent. Two other guys I like are Sproles and Michael Robinson if either are available.

Hey Jeff,

I just wanted to thank you again for all the great advice this year. I hope you have a great holiday next week. THis is for the championship in this league. :mellow:

Need one:

Garrard vs Raiders leaning

Sage @ INdy

Kitna vs CHiefs

Need TWo:

Jackson vs Steelers

Peterson vs Redskins

Lewis @ Bengals

Dayne??

Need three:

Wayne no brainer.....does he play whole game though.

Buress @ Bills

Branch vs Ravens

Cotchery @ titans

Gaffney vs Dolphins

Henry vs Browns

Holmes @ st Louis

Witten

Vikes or Buccaneers

Hi Wannabee,

I'm competing for the championship this week! Thanks for your advice in the past. My question today is looking ahead to next year. We're instituting a salary cap league where the cap will be $125 next year, then dropping to $110 and $95 in the next two years.

My keepers at the $125 cap are:

Carson Palmer $20

Steven Jackson 15

Larry Johnson 14

Marshawn Lynch 13

Law. Maroney 9

Michael Turner 4

Darren McFadden 3

Jonathan Stewart 3

Steve Smith 11

Roy Williams 10

Calvin Johnson 9

Lee Evans 8

Antonio Gates 14

Total $135 (so I'm actually over my cap right now)

My question is when you consider the cap for next year and the decreases thereafter, how would you allocate funds per position? I have an offer to swap Larry Johnson ($14) for Larry Fitzgerald ($14) straight up. Given that I'm less deep at WR and factoring the cap decreases, does this make sense? I'm leaning towards doing it because I currently have 7 RBs and only 4 WRs. We start 1 QB, 3 RBs, and 3 WRs. So being deep at RB is huge. But I could use the upgrade at WR.

The other question is just cap management for this year and going forward?

Any advice is appreciate. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIA Jeff,

Drop any of the following for Demetrius Williams in a dynasty? I would then have MaClayton and Williams, just in case.

-Jacoby Jones

-Darius Walker

-Jeff Garcia

McNabb, Kitna, Garcia

Parker, Portis, RBrown, Chatman, Booker, FJackson, Washington, Walker

Burress, Cotchery, MaClayton, SMoss, Stallworth, VJackson, DJackson

Gates

Gostkowski

Colts

TIA Jeff, Drop any of the following for Demetrius Williams in a dynasty? I would then have MaClayton and Williams, just in case.-Jacoby Jones-Darius Walker-Jeff GarciaMcNabb, Kitna, GarciaParker, Portis, RBrown, Chatman, Booker, FJackson, Washington, WalkerBurress, Cotchery, MaClayton, SMoss, Stallworth, VJackson, DJacksonGatesGostkowskiColts
I would drop Walker for Demetrius. The Texans will draft a top RB or sign Turner, imo

Gandalf said:
Hi Wannabee,I'm competing for the championship this week! Thanks for your advice in the past. My question today is looking ahead to next year. We're instituting a salary cap league where the cap will be $125 next year, then dropping to $110 and $95 in the next two years.My keepers at the $125 cap are:Carson Palmer $20Steven Jackson 15Larry Johnson 14Marshawn Lynch 13Law. Maroney 9Michael Turner 4Darren McFadden 3Jonathan Stewart 3Steve Smith 11Roy Williams 10Calvin Johnson 9Lee Evans 8Antonio Gates 14Total $135 (so I'm actually over my cap right now)My question is when you consider the cap for next year and the decreases thereafter, how would you allocate funds per position? I have an offer to swap Larry Johnson ($14) for Larry Fitzgerald ($14) straight up. Given that I'm less deep at WR and factoring the cap decreases, does this make sense? I'm leaning towards doing it because I currently have 7 RBs and only 4 WRs. We start 1 QB, 3 RBs, and 3 WRs. So being deep at RB is huge. But I could use the upgrade at WR.The other question is just cap management for this year and going forward?Any advice is appreciate. Thanks.
I would try to have/keep a stud QB. Then, I would try to allocate 60-75% for RBs considering you have no PPR and start 3 RBs each week. I always feel WRs are easier to find cheap. Guys like Shaun McDonald, Stokely, Furrey, Galloway, etc. For WRs, I would look at the distribution of having one stud, one medium steady producing guy and a few lower end guys ... some safe and some upside guys. I would prefer three stud RBs to three stud WRs.

bighead2000 said:
Hey Jeff,

I just wanted to thank you again for all the great advice this year. I hope you have a great holiday next week. THis is for the championship in this league. :banned:

Need one:

Garrard vs Raiders leaning

Sage @ INdy

Kitna vs CHiefs

Garrard is safest.

Need TWo:

Jackson vs Steelers

Peterson vs Redskins

Lewis @ Bengals

Dayne??

Lewis .. remember how he chewed them up in the past? Then, SJax or Peterson. I think I would lean towards Jackson with the way the Jax RBs tore the Steelers up last week.

Need three:

Wayne no brainer.....does he play whole game though.

Buress @ Bills

Branch vs Ravens

Cotchery @ titans

Gaffney vs Dolphins

Henry vs Browns

Holmes @ st Louis

Wayne, Branch and either Burress or Holmes (whichever is healthier)

Witten

Vikes or Buccaneers Love the Vikes this week

Hey Jeff~

I'm in a bind in my WR dept. Who would you start, I need three of them

Colston~ He is a lock to play

Ward~ Has the least favorable matchup. Do you think Ben's shoulder is bothering him enough to keep the throws out of Holmes' hands to much? (Playing for a playoff spot)

Galloway~ Has a great matchup, but have the 49's figured out how to play football?

Gonzalez~ Has a great matchup. I have Clark starting at TE though.

Driver~ I'm not really considering this option, in a TD heavy league with no ppr, he just isn't the man this year.

Holmes~ Same matchup as ward, and could be a legit deep threat if Ben's shoulder is ok. (also playing for playoffs)

So basically 2 of those 5.

Also have Westbrook and AD starting with Kolby Smith on the bench. It's crazy to think of starting Smith over AD right?

Oh, and one more thing. So many Questions! McNabb, Westbrook, and Colston all in the same game.....is that risky?

My team and scoring are in my sig, and this is for all the marbles!!!! Thanks man!

Hey Jeff~ I'm in a bind in my WR dept. Who would you start, I need three of themColston~ He is a lock to playWard~ Has the least favorable matchup. Do you think Ben's shoulder is bothering him enough to keep the throws out of Holmes' hands to much? (Playing for a playoff spot)Galloway~ Has a great matchup, but have the 49's figured out how to play football?Gonzalez~ Has a great matchup. I have Clark starting at TE though.Driver~ I'm not really considering this option, in a TD heavy league with no ppr, he just isn't the man this year.Holmes~ Same matchup as ward, and could be a legit deep threat if Ben's shoulder is ok. (also playing for playoffs)So basically 2 of those 5.Also have Westbrook and AD starting with Kolby Smith on the bench. It's crazy to think of starting Smith over AD right?Oh, and one more thing. So many Questions! McNabb, Westbrook, and Colston all in the same game.....is that risky?My team and scoring are in my sig, and this is for all the marbles!!!! Thanks man!
No worry on all of the players in same game as long no weather issues. I like Gonzalez agains the Texan secondary and I like Ward as a TD guy.

Jeff, I'm having a hard time with the luxury of either Sjax or Peterson already having Lewis plugged in. I'm a little afraid Peterson could go off while on my bench. :whistle:

Jeff, I'm having a hard time with the luxury of either Sjax or Peterson already having Lewis plugged in. I'm a little afraid Peterson could go off while on my bench. :lmao:
Maybe sit SJax versus Pitt tonight. I can tell you Lewis is the 6th ranked RB by FBG. I only like Lewis on the hunch of what he has done to the Bengals. Earlier this season, Lewis was 27 rushes for 216 yards and one TD. I can totally understand not trusting Lewis and the Browns offense. I could see it has a pass-fest. But, the Bengals are soft versus the run.

Jeff, I'm having a hard time with the luxury of either Sjax or Peterson already having Lewis plugged in. I'm a little afraid Peterson could go off while on my bench. :shrug:
Maybe sit SJax versus Pitt tonight. I can tell you Lewis is the 6th ranked RB by FBG. I only like Lewis on the hunch of what he has done to the Bengals. Earlier this season, Lewis was 27 rushes for 216 yards and one TD. I can totally understand not trusting Lewis and the Browns offense. I could see it has a pass-fest. But, the Bengals are soft versus the run.
I agree with you. I wish they could all play. I don't understand why AP's much higher than Jackson in FBG

I would try to have/keep a stud QB. Then, I would try to allocate 60-75% for RBs considering you have no PPR and start 3 RBs each week. I always feel WRs are easier to find cheap. Guys like Shaun McDonald, Stokely, Furrey, Galloway, etc. For WRs, I would look at the distribution of having one stud, one medium steady producing guy and a few lower end guys ... some safe and some upside guys. I would prefer three stud RBs to three stud WRs.
Thanks. I'm definitely keeping Palmer so that's my stud QB. With the 60-75% I could actually keep all my potential keeper RBs (SJax, LJ, Lynch, Maroney, Turner, McFadden and Stewart), that would leave me with the rest to allocate between the WRs and Gates. Steve Smith and Roy Williams are definite keepers for me. However, that brings me to one last strategy decision: do I keep Gates ($14) or Lee Evans ($8) and Calvin Johnson ($10)? I have to cut $11 so this is the final decision to be made. I guess a lot can happen between now and the time I need to cut down though as it should be several months away.

Thanks. I'm definitely keeping Palmer so that's my stud QB. With the 60-75% I could actually keep all my potential keeper RBs (SJax, LJ, Lynch, Maroney, Turner, McFadden and Stewart), that would leave me with the rest to allocate between the WRs and Gates. Steve Smith and Roy Williams are definite keepers for me. However, that brings me to one last strategy decision: do I keep Gates ($14) or Lee Evans ($8) and Calvin Johnson ($10)? I have to cut $11 so this is the final decision to be made. I guess a lot can happen between now and the time I need to cut down though as it should be several months away.
Well, I will be around all offseason ...

Thanks Jeff......as I went with your first choice, and my first round draft pick in Jackson. I'm up by 17 or so already starting Holmes as well. Sorry for any second guessing!!!

Would you pick up Sproles and play him over T. Henry or S. Young and if not who would you play between Henry & Young. We do get PPR.

Which def this week should I start?TB @ SFBAL @ SEAARI vs. ATLWhich 4 Rb should I play to go with Owens and Wayne?Grant @ CHIK Smith @ DETE Graham vs. SFS Young @ SDEdge vs. ATLDyane @ INDStecker vs. PHII will get back with you fri thing my change by then
I might be too high on the AZ defense but Atlanta is a bad offense on a team that has been through so much. on the RBs:Grant has a great matchupGraham has a decent matchup (SF run defense has played well last two weeks)The last two are close for me. I like Edge and think they should run, but he has had trouble scoring TDs. Kolby gets a decent matchup against a bad defense. Stecker faces the Eagles, who shut down the cowboy RBs last week. Also, FYI, Dayne had a HUGE game against Indy last year. I would probably go with Dayne and Kolby. But it is very close.
Jeff do you still like Grant K Smith E Graham Dyane Over Edge vs. ATLStecker vs. PHI

Jeff do you still like Grant K Smith E Graham Dyane Over Edge vs. ATLStecker vs. PHI
Dayne looks to be a game time decision, which is rough. Given that, I might sub one of the other two in for Dayne. FBG has Edge over Stecker, even though Stecker has played well as of late. Edge has not scored in over a month and Stecker had two TDs last week.

Alright Jeff, I've got a 20 point lead with Jackson and Holmes. 1pt per 15yds ru/rec. 6/tds

Now I choose between Lewis or AP. Love the Lewis match up, but I really love Ap's upside. Maybe just keep Lewis in since Taylor takes some carries. AP just seems like he can break one any minute. And I got him in the fourth round this year...redraft.

And is Plax more valuable with Shockey out?. I have branch in for him right now.

Hi bee,

I have somewhat of a dillema that my coin flip is split on also for the Championship this week.

I am allready in a hole because I started FWP and he got injured the 1st time he touched the ball.

My dillema:

I can play Dallas Clark IND TE vs Texans Sun 1:00 p.m. The Texans are 18th in the league vs. the pass so middle of the pack. They have some injuries in their secondary. Clark has been a great play and I have been starting him almost all season. However the last 2 games (coinciding with the emergence of Gonzalez) he only has 2 catches for 24 yards. Thats 2.4pts in my league. I get no points for catches 6pt for a TD.

Dungy has said he will play the starters in this game and that he wants Manning to be able to work on chemistry with the younger players (Gonzo). Any TE can have some down weeks if they are not named Gates or Gonzalez when the recievers are doing the damage the TE can get forgotten. However there may be more to this that just a couple down weeks.. this may be a trend.. I am not sure.

My other option is Vernon Davis at home vs. the Bucs who have the 2nd best defense vs. the pass right now. Davis has done decently the last 4 weeks catching 6 for 45 1TD, 1 for 19 (vs. Carolina) 5 for 42, 5 for 46 1TD. The high number of catches is what is most appealing as he is clearly getting targets whereas Clark may not. Although Tampa has a better pass defense the Tampa 2 they run is most vulnerable to the TE. Davis's success has coincided with him becoming healthy and change from QB Smith to Hill.

I have Dallas Clark starting. He has been the man for me all year until just recently. I see matchup and QB being in his favor. But I would like your opinion on if you think I should pull Clark for Davis?

FWP putting me in a hole has me nervous about squeeking every point I can out of my lineup.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Jeff,

Last minute check on your thoughts about these guys.

Clark or Scheffler~

Clark has tapered off these last few weeks, but has a great matchup vs Texans. Last time he played the Texans went 4/58 1TD. Problem I have is Dungy talking about some rest for starters and the emergance of Gonzalez.(Who I also have and might start). Utech practiced this week too, so his shoulder problem won't hold him out.

Scheffler also has a great matchup. Last time he played the Chargers he went 3/66 2TD's, GREAT numbers for a TE.

Galloway or Gonzalez~

Galloway is a stud receiver and is going up against SF this week. Have they some how figured out how to play football? Last time they met up he went 8/149 and a TD.

Gonzalez is a great emerging WR and is clicking with Manning. I don't think he will sit with the other starters because Harrison should be back for the playoffs. Last time they met up Harrison was still playing, but neither one got a TD.

Thanks!!

Alright Jeff, I've got a 20 point lead with Jackson and Holmes. 1pt per 15yds ru/rec. 6/tdsNow I choose between Lewis or AP. Love the Lewis match up, but I really love Ap's upside. Maybe just keep Lewis in since Taylor takes some carries. AP just seems like he can break one any minute. And I got him in the fourth round this year...redraft.And is Plax more valuable with Shockey out?. I have branch in for him right now.
Since you have a lead, might as well swing for the fences with Peterson. He could have a huge game .. leaving you in great shape. Starting Lewis is safe and he should have decent production.

Hi bee,I have somewhat of a dillema that my coin flip is split on also for the Championship this week.I am allready in a hole because I started FWP and he got injured the 1st time he touched the ball.My dillema:I can play Dallas Clark IND TE vs Texans Sun 1:00 p.m. The Texans are 18th in the league vs. the pass so middle of the pack. They have some injuries in their secondary. Clark has been a great play and I have been starting him almost all season. However the last 2 games (coinciding with the emergence of Gonzalez) he only has 2 catches for 24 yards. Thats 2.4pts in my league. I get no points for catches 6pt for a TD.Dungy has said he will play the starters in this game and that he wants Manning to be able to work on chemistry with the younger players (Gonzo). Any TE can have some down weeks if they are not named Gates or Gonzalez when the recievers are doing the damage the TE can get forgotten. However there may be more to this that just a couple down weeks.. this may be a trend.. I am not sure.My other option is Vernon Davis at home vs. the Bucs who have the 2nd best defense vs. the pass right now. Davis has done decently the last 4 weeks catching 6 for 45 1TD, 1 for 19 (vs. Carolina) 5 for 42, 5 for 46 1TD. The high number of catches is what is most appealing as he is clearly getting targets whereas Clark may not. Although Tampa has a better pass defense the Tampa 2 they run is most vulnerable to the TE. Davis's success has coincided with him becoming healthy and change from QB Smith to Hill.I have Dallas Clark starting. He has been the man for me all year until just recently. I see matchup and QB being in his favor. But I would like your opinion on if you think I should pull Clark for Davis? FWP putting me in a hole has me nervous about squeeking every point I can out of my lineup.Thanks for the help.
I like Clark and here is why:Houston is the fourth worst against TEs according to FBG. They give up an average of: 5 catches for 53 yards and .4 TDs a gameTB is second best against TEs. They give up 3 for 31 and .2 TDs. TB is a hungry team and Houston is not.

Users who are viewing this thread