What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (5 Viewers)

Jeff, this is my first post here . Just joined FBG this year. I see you referenced Zealots leagues in another post. I have a Zealots team with good young offensive talent except at RB. Have a 1.12 pick I could try and trade for a McGehee,Lynch,Bush Sproles etc. Would you pursue that , if possible, or hold the pick for a flyer RB prospect.

Jeff, this is my first post here . Just joined FBG this year. I see you referenced Zealots leagues in another post. I have a Zealots team with good young offensive talent except at RB. Have a 1.12 pick I could try and trade for a McGehee,Lynch,Bush Sproles etc. Would you pursue that , if possible, or hold the pick for a flyer RB prospect.
I hope you like the FBG boards. No way would I give the pick for McGahee or Sproles. It might be too much for Bush, too. Lynch is intriguing. He is an eye of the beholder guy. Lynch is only 23 and some think he can turn things around. Others have given up on him from his issues. To me, I think Lynch is worth the gamble just because of his age and two good seasons in 2007 and 2008 where he was RB12/15. To me, the best move is to have both he and Fred Jackson, if you can get him cheaply. Jackson is 29 years old, iirc, so I would not overpay. Lynch is younger than many of the incoming rookie class. You may have to wait for him to re-emerge but there is plenty of upside given his past. If you could get a decent fantasy RB2 for the pick, it is a steal.

I hope you like the FBG boards. No way would I give the pick for McGahee or Sproles. It might be too much for Bush, too. Lynch is intriguing. He is an eye of the beholder guy. Lynch is only 23 and some think he can turn things around. Others have given up on him from his issues. To me, I think Lynch is worth the gamble just because of his age and two good seasons in 2007 and 2008 where he was RB12/15. To me, the best move is to have both he and Fred Jackson, if you can get him cheaply. Jackson is 29 years old, iirc, so I would not overpay. Lynch is younger than many of the incoming rookie class. You may have to wait for him to re-emerge but there is plenty of upside given his past. If you could get a decent fantasy RB2 for the pick, it is a steal.
I do like the forums. Thanks for the advice.

Jeff,

I'm interested in Gates, I'm in a win now mode while the Gates owner is in more of a rebuild mode. He also has Finley and I also own Winslow and Daniels.

We have talked about Gates for his choice of Winslow or Daniels plus another player? Also who should I trade Winslow or Daniels, he thinks they are equal?

What player would make this deal close? He could use a RB more than WR

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR

Hey, I think I would prefer Daniels. Winslow played well last season but TB had few options. I think I would try to start with Benson or Bradshaw plus Winslow. You may have to add Cotchery. When I look at your team, I would keep the nucleus of Rice, ADP, Driver, Fitz, AJ, and Nicks. All other players are expendable. Gates is only a couple points a game better than OD/Winslow so I would not overpay too much. Jeff

dmac37 said:
Jeff,

I'm interested in Gates, I'm in a win now mode while the Gates owner is in more of a rebuild mode. He also has Finley and I also own Winslow and Daniels.

We have talked about Gates for his choice of Winslow or Daniels plus another player? Also who should I trade Winslow or Daniels, he thinks they are equal?

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR

Zealots ZFAC (Auction Contracts league with $5000 salary cap), I've been offered

RB Darren McFadden $285 2010R

RB Michael Bush $160 2010R

For the 2.01 pick

Those contracts expire after 2010, but since they're original rookie ® contracts, they go up for bidding and I get to match any bid, or let them walk and if the price is high enough I get draft pick compensation.

They haven't shown much, but McFadden has the pedigree - should I roll the dice or go with the #13 pick instead?

My other RBs are Moreno, Wells, Hightower, Choice and garbage (but I am in total rebuild mode, as I mentioned)

Zealots ZFAC (Auction Contracts league with $5000 salary cap), I've been offered RB Darren McFadden $285 2010RRB Michael Bush $160 2010RFor the 2.01 pickThose contracts expire after 2010, but since they're original rookie ® contracts, they go up for bidding and I get to match any bid, or let them walk and if the price is high enough I get draft pick compensation.They haven't shown much, but McFadden has the pedigree - should I roll the dice or go with the #13 pick instead?My other RBs are Moreno, Wells, Hightower, Choice and garbage (but I am in total rebuild mode, as I mentioned)
since you are in rebuild mode and neither RB will help you get their, the only question is whether you will be able to get those two cheap long term or get compensation equal to the picks. I think the 2.01 suits your team more since neither is a starter for you

Hey, I think I would prefer Daniels. Winslow played well last season but TB had few options. I think I would try to start with Benson or Bradshaw plus Winslow. You may have to add Cotchery. When I look at your team, I would keep the nucleus of Rice, ADP, Driver, Fitz, AJ, and Nicks. All other players are expendable. Gates is only a couple points a game better than OD/Winslow so I would not overpay too much. Jeff

dmac37 said:
Jeff,

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR
Well I put the ball in his court and he offered me Gates for Daniels and Brandon Jackson, I took it and feel great about it. Gives me top studs at all positions as I also have Rodgers and Schaub at QB. Still trying to figure out how I lost in the championship with this lineup:Rodgers

AD

R. Rice

Benson

AJ

Fitz

Driver

Winslow

Thanks for the patience to keep hearing me out.

Jeff,

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR
Well I put the ball in his court and he offered me Gates for Daniels and Brandon Jackson, I took it and feel great about it. Gives me top studs at all positions as I also have Rodgers and Schaub at QB. Still trying to figure out how I lost in the championship with this lineup:Rodgers

AD

R. Rice

Benson

AJ

Fitz

Driver

Winslow

Thanks for the patience to keep hearing me out.
great deal for you, congrats. You have a nice nucleus.

Where do you value:

Josh Cribbs (CLE-WR)

Steve Slaton (HOU-RB)

Jeremy Maclin (PHI-WR)

2.5PPR

.1 pt per Return Yard

.1 pt per Receiving Yard

.143 pt per Rushing Yard

Keep-10 League

Where do you value:Josh Cribbs (CLE-WR)Steve Slaton (HOU-RB)Jeremy Maclin (PHI-WR)2.5PPR.1 pt per Return Yard.1 pt per Receiving Yard.143 pt per Rushing YardKeep-10 League
I would order them:MaclinSlatonCribbs. Maclin is a good looking young wr. Slaton could rebound but has uncertain situation. Cribbs will not be startable many weeks. Not enough return yards many weeks to offset other WRs getting 2.5 PPR and .1

Zealots auction/contract (ZFAC) - this one I AM rebuilding (I think you're familiar with Zealots, let me know if you're not, i.e., "R" contracts expire and they're RFAs where you can keep them but have to match bid, if you don't, you get draft pick compensation, etc... - adds a lot of complexity, probably too much for me to expect you to read through on ZFAC type trade offers). Thanks so much for your insight....My team as it will look going into next year (took this team over before 2009 and am TOTALLY rebuilding it, hoping to be somewhat competitive in 2010 and a factor in 2011 - I was 1-12 this year)QB: Brady Quinn, Sage Rosenfels, Nate Davis (i.e., don't have one yet)RB: Knowshown Moreno, Beanie Wells, Tashard Choice, Tim Hightower (all 4 of these are on my taxi squad right now)WR: Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, Eddie Royal, Antonio Bryant, Steve Breaston, Brandon TateTE: John Carlson, Dante Rosario, Travis Beckummy IDP's are horrendous.I have the 1.01, 2.01, 2.06, 3.01, 3.03 and a pick in rounds 4-6 each.I am only at 40% of the salary cap so will be pretty active in FA, but plan to Taxi Squad the 1.01 and hit it full force in 2011.
Offer made to me is:Rookie Picks 1.09, 1.10forTim Hightower, 3.01While Hightower makes a great handcuff to Beanie, I'm rebuilding and have lots of holes to fill. Out of Beanie and Hightower, I figure Beanie could be a stud someday, Hightower doesn't have that much upside. If Hightower wins the battle, neither are really much more than an RB3 so I might as well roll the dice gven the possible upside of two top-10 picks. I think the 3.01 + Hightower is fair for 1.09 and 1.10. Note that Hightower is on my PS so he will be signed to a 3-year (2012) rookie contract at $45 (very good deal). If I did this deal, I'd have the 1.01, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.06 and 3.03 - that's 3 top-10s and 5 top-20 picks. Pair that with my last year's 3 first rounders of Moreno, Wells and Harvin and maybe this team starts to look like something.Am I placing too much value on these late firsts and am I viewing Hightower's situation wrong?

Zealots auction/contract (ZFAC) - this one I AM rebuilding (I think you're familiar with Zealots, let me know if you're not, i.e., "R" contracts expire and they're RFAs where you can keep them but have to match bid, if you don't, you get draft pick compensation, etc... - adds a lot of complexity, probably too much for me to expect you to read through on ZFAC type trade offers). Thanks so much for your insight....My team as it will look going into next year (took this team over before 2009 and am TOTALLY rebuilding it, hoping to be somewhat competitive in 2010 and a factor in 2011 - I was 1-12 this year)QB: Brady Quinn, Sage Rosenfels, Nate Davis (i.e., don't have one yet)RB: Knowshown Moreno, Beanie Wells, Tashard Choice, Tim Hightower (all 4 of these are on my taxi squad right now)WR: Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, Eddie Royal, Antonio Bryant, Steve Breaston, Brandon TateTE: John Carlson, Dante Rosario, Travis Beckummy IDP's are horrendous.I have the 1.01, 2.01, 2.06, 3.01, 3.03 and a pick in rounds 4-6 each.I am only at 40% of the salary cap so will be pretty active in FA, but plan to Taxi Squad the 1.01 and hit it full force in 2011.
Offer made to me is:Rookie Picks 1.09, 1.10forTim Hightower, 3.01While Hightower makes a great handcuff to Beanie, I'm rebuilding and have lots of holes to fill. Out of Beanie and Hightower, I figure Beanie could be a stud someday, Hightower doesn't have that much upside. If Hightower wins the battle, neither are really much more than an RB3 so I might as well roll the dice gven the possible upside of two top-10 picks. I think the 3.01 + Hightower is fair for 1.09 and 1.10. Note that Hightower is on my PS so he will be signed to a 3-year (2012) rookie contract at $45 (very good deal). If I did this deal, I'd have the 1.01, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.06 and 3.03 - that's 3 top-10s and 5 top-20 picks. Pair that with my last year's 3 first rounders of Moreno, Wells and Harvin and maybe this team starts to look like something.Am I placing too much value on these late firsts and am I viewing Hightower's situation wrong?
I think it is a great deal for you. I would suggest you be open to moving those picks one at a time when it gets closer to your draft. The picks will increase substantially over the next few months.

Now that I made it, the guy with the 1.03 is talking to me. Is 1.09 + 1.10 a fair deal for the 1.03? I think it makes sense for me, as 9 and 10 are much more of a crapshoot than 1.03, although the odds on hitting ONE of them is decent. Plus, the salaries of the 1.09 and 1.10 are $180, whereas the 1.03 salary will be $270 - but if I have 1.01 and 1.03, I should have 2 more building blocks for this rebuilding team.

If he won't take 1.09 + 1.10, how much more should I offer, if any?

I started off with an offer of 1.09 + 2.01 for his 1.03, which I think is too little but not embarrassing.

Now that I made it, the guy with the 1.03 is talking to me. Is 1.09 + 1.10 a fair deal for the 1.03? I think it makes sense for me, as 9 and 10 are much more of a crapshoot than 1.03, although the odds on hitting ONE of them is decent. Plus, the salaries of the 1.09 and 1.10 are $180, whereas the 1.03 salary will be $270 - but if I have 1.01 and 1.03, I should have 2 more building blocks for this rebuilding team.If he won't take 1.09 + 1.10, how much more should I offer, if any?I started off with an offer of 1.09 + 2.01 for his 1.03, which I think is too little but not embarrassing.
I know many would say 1.09/1.10 is not enough for 1.03, but I would not give more. You have enough holes to fill that I would continue to add pieces. Also, you can always move the picks independently for proven players you like

Hi Jeff,

This is a Non-PPR dynasy league.

In this league it is set-up too were QB's and RB's are what you want most, because for the most part they are what score the most points, except for the occasional elite WR like Larry Fitzgerald.

We can start a variety of combinatons in our lineups. For example we can start 3RB's, 3WR's, 1TE, or 2RB's 4WR's, 1TE, or 2RB's 3WR's, 2TE's. Since RB's score a lot of points in this league most teams try and get enough good RB's to start 3 RB's each week.

Would this trade help me or hurt me do you think? Kevin Smith will have a serious knee injury going into next season so would I be able to pick up someone at the 1.04 that can help me out and is it worth losing my best TE for also?

I was offered:

Rookie Pick 1.04

Rookie Pick 3.04

I would give:

Kevin Smith RB Lions

Greg Olsen TE Bears

These are my current QB's, RB's, WR's, and TE's

Philip Rivers

Carson Palmer

JaMarcus Russell

Ray Rice

Matt Forte

Kevin Smith

Willis McGahee

Justin Forsett

Laurence Maroney

Jason Snelling

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith (NYG)

Mike Wallace

Santana Moss

Jeremy Maclin

Pierre Garcon

Braylon Edwards

Malcom Floyd

Mike Thomas

Malcolm Kelly

Dwayne Jarrett

Greg Olsen

Jeremy Shockey

Fred Davis

Tony Scheffler

Dante Rosario

TIA Jeff

Hi Jeff,This is a Non-PPR dynasy league.In this league it is set-up too were QB's and RB's are what you want most, because for the most part they are what score the most points, except for the occasional elite WR like Larry Fitzgerald.We can start a variety of combinatons in our lineups. For example we can start 3RB's, 3WR's, 1TE, or 2RB's 4WR's, 1TE, or 2RB's 3WR's, 2TE's. Since RB's score a lot of points in this league most teams try and get enough good RB's to start 3 RB's each week.Would this trade help me or hurt me do you think? Kevin Smith will have a serious knee injury going into next season so would I be able to pick up someone at the 1.04 that can help me out and is it worth losing my best TE for also?I was offered:Rookie Pick 1.04Rookie Pick 3.04I would give:Kevin Smith RB LionsGreg Olsen TE BearsThese are my current QB's, RB's, WR's, and TE'sPhilip RiversCarson PalmerJaMarcus RussellRay RiceMatt ForteKevin SmithWillis McGaheeJustin ForsettLaurence MaroneyJason SnellingGreg JenningsSteve Smith (NYG)Mike WallaceSantana MossJeremy MaclinPierre GarconBraylon EdwardsMalcom FloydMike ThomasMalcolm KellyDwayne JarrettGreg OlsenJeremy ShockeyFred DavisTony SchefflerDante RosarioTIA Jeff
I would do that deal in a heartbeat. I am unsure as to whether Smith will be back at all next year. You might try to negotiate two "throw ins" if the other owner has to drop two. Try to find guys you like and are better than what is on the waiver wire. This seems like a small part of the deal, but could help in long run.

non-PPR dynasty league:

I would get:

Aaron Brown DET RB

Chris Johnson TEN RB

Reggie Wayne IND WR

I would give:

Donald Brown IND RB

Dwayne Bowe KCC WR

Marques Colston NOS WR

2010 1.03

2011 1st

2011 2nd

Start 1/2/3/1/1 flex

My players of note:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Donald Brown, Moreno, Sproles

WR - Bowe, Colston, Anthonly Gonzalez, Steve Smith (CAR), Welker, Roddy White

Should I stay with what I have or mortgage the farm?

I think that is a great deal for you if, and only if, you think Johnson will be a stud for several more years (ala Tomlinson in his prime).

non-PPR dynasty league:I would get:Aaron Brown DET RBChris Johnson TEN RBReggie Wayne IND WRI would give:Donald Brown IND RBDwayne Bowe KCC WRMarques Colston NOS WR2010 1.032011 1st2011 2ndStart 1/2/3/1/1 flexMy players of note:QB - Peyton ManningRB - Donald Brown, Moreno, SprolesWR - Bowe, Colston, Anthonly Gonzalez, Steve Smith (CAR), Welker, Roddy WhiteShould I stay with what I have or mortgage the farm?

Hey Jeff,

I am trying to work out a trade for Roddy White. Do you think this is a fair offer?

I give Jason Campbell, Braylon Edwards, *Derrick Mason and rookie pick 1.8.

I receive Roddy White and rookie pick 1.6

Couple more details 16 team league we keep10 players and these are his projected keepers:

Delhomme or Matt Moore

Cadillac Williams

Jerome Harrison

Derrick Ward

Roddy White

Austin Collie

Mario Manningham

Tony Gonzalez

Zach Miller

For his last spot he is looking at guys like Kevin Walter, Willie Parker, Nate Washington, Jeff Fisher or Ken Whisenhunt.

*When Mason retires his owner will receive a supplemental pick at the end of the 1st round of veteran draft.

If you don't think my offer is enough what tweaks would you make I also have Arian Foster or Laurent Robinson I could add to the deal?

Hey Jeff,I am trying to work out a trade for Roddy White. Do you think this is a fair offer? I give Jason Campbell, Braylon Edwards, *Derrick Mason and rookie pick 1.8.I receive Roddy White and rookie pick 1.6Couple more details 16 team league we keep10 players and these are his projected keepers: Delhomme or Matt MooreCadillac WilliamsJerome HarrisonDerrick WardRoddy WhiteAustin CollieMario ManninghamTony GonzalezZach MillerFor his last spot he is looking at guys like Kevin Walter, Willie Parker, Nate Washington, Jeff Fisher or Ken Whisenhunt.*When Mason retires his owner will receive a supplemental pick at the end of the 1st round of veteran draft.If you don't think my offer is enough what tweaks would you make I also have Arian Foster or Laurent Robinson I could add to the deal?
I do not think it is enough. Maybe add Foster and take away the picks. Getting a stud like White is worth giving up misc. pieces. I would love it for you. I am not high on B Edwards, but some are. Love the move to trade average receivers for a stud.

Jeff, what are your thoughts about the Giant's RB's 3-5. I am talking about A. Brown, G. Johnson and D. Ware. I own these guys in Zealots. I do not have much cost in these guys. Brown was a late 2nd round pick, Johnson was a mid-third and Ware was a FA. Are any of these guys going to make a name for themselves?

Jeff, what are your thoughts about the Giant's RB's 3-5. I am talking about A. Brown, G. Johnson and D. Ware. I own these guys in Zealots. I do not have much cost in these guys. Brown was a late 2nd round pick, Johnson was a mid-third and Ware was a FA. Are any of these guys going to make a name for themselves?
Brown's injury was nasty so I would not have high hopes.Ware looked ok in limited duty, but it seemed the coaches had no confidence in himJohnson was one of my favorites from last year's bowl game vs Fresno St. He had a monster game. But, he too saw little playing time. I would try to hang onto Ware/Johnson as long as possible. If you get a chance to trade Brown and the other two, you might consider it. If not, wait it out. Jacobs and Bradshaw are not durable backs. I just do not know how much faith I have in Ware/Johnson for ability or Brown to come back healthy.

Hi Jeff,

This is a Non-ppr dynasty Zealots league.

I have been offered two trades and was wondering if any of them look like a good deal for me or should I sit tight with the two rookie picks.

Current relevent players on my team:

Carson Palmer QB Bengels

Philip Rivers QB Chargers

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Laurence Maroney RB Patriots

Justin Forsett RB Seahawks

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

1st trade offer:

I would give:

rookie pick 1.04

rookie pick 1.06

I would recieve:

Joseph Addai RB Colts

Steve Smith WR Panthers

What team would look like after trade 1:

Carson Palmer QB Bengels

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Joseph Addai RB Colts -New addition with trade

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Steve Smith WR Panthers -New addition with trade

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

2nd trade offer:

I would give:

Rookie Pick 1.04

Rookie Pick 1.06

Jason Snelling RB Falcons

I would recieve:

Jonathan Stewart RB Panthers

Rookie Pick 2.06

Rookie Pick 3.03

Team after 2nd trade offer:

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Jonathan Stewart RB Panthers - New addition after trade

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

+ rookie picks 2.06 & 3.03

I am slightley leaning towards the Jonathan Stewart deal but both seem fair too me. What do you think Jeff, or would I be better off holding tight with the two rookie picks and see who is there?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,

This is a Non-ppr dynasty Zealots league.

I have been offered two trades and was wondering if any of them look like a good deal for me or should I sit tight with the two rookie picks.

Current relevent players on my team:

Carson Palmer QB Bengels

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

1st trade offer:

I would give:

rookie pick 1.04

rookie pick 1.06

I would recieve:

Joseph Addai RB Colts

Steve Smith WR Panthers

What team would look like after trade 1:

Carson Palmer QB Bengels

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Joseph Addai RB Colts -New addition with trade

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Steve Smith WR Panthers -New addition with trade

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

2nd trade offer:

I would give:

Rookie Pick 1.04

Rookie Pick 1.06

Jason Snelling RB Falcons

I would recieve:

Jonathan Stewart RB Panthers

Rookie Pick 2.06

Rookie Pick 3.03

Team after 2nd trade offer:

Ray Rice RB Ravens

Matt Forte RB Bears

Jonathan Stewart RB Panthers - New addition after trade

Willis McGahee RB Ravens

Greg Jennings WR Packers

Steve Smith WR Giants

Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles

Santans Moss WR Redskins

Mike Wallace WR Steelers

Braylon Edwards WR Jets

Mike Thomas WR Jaguars

Pierre Garcon WR Colts

+ rookie picks 2.06 & 3.03

I am slightley leaning towards the Jonathan Stewart deal but both seem fair too me. What do you think Jeff, or would I be better off holding tight with the two rookie picks and see who is there?

TIA
I like both deals for you. I do not expect Addai to have another huge year but he adds a good young RB to your team. Smith might be a little old for your team mix. Stewart is a tough one for me. Some (many) think he is worth at least the 1.01, but he is polarizing for many. I like his talent, but the injuries and poor situation make me leery of a long career as a top fantasy RB. You have plenty of good, young talent so I would not be in a hurry to make deals. Both are decent value. Comes down, imo, to your views of Stewart and Addai ...

Jeff,

12 team PPR I have a lot of #2 type WR's but no true #1WR. I have 2 trades in the works, do you like either or both- I'm a huge R. Rice fan.

I was offered:

R White for Harvin & MSW

I also sent another offer to a different team:

AD, S. Smith NYG & H. Ward for R. Rice & Fitz

My WR's

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Smith, Steve NYG WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

Jeff,12 team PPR I have a lot of #2 type WR's but no true #1WR. I have 2 trades in the works, do you like either or both- I'm a huge R. Rice fan.I was offered:R White for Harvin & MSWI also sent another offer to a different team:AD, S. Smith NYG & H. Ward for R. Rice & FitzMy WR'sCotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Garcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR Smith, Steve CAR WR Smith, Steve NYG WR Ward, Hines PIT WR
I love the Rice trade for you. But, I do not like the other. You have decent WRs without trading two good young ones for an older pass catcher.

Would you make this trade?

Donald Brown, Marques Colston and a 2011 1st (should be mid to low) for Jonathan Stewart.

Zealots league. The team with Colston has other options at WR. This would be to get an elite RB in Stewart.

Would you make this trade?Donald Brown, Marques Colston and a 2011 1st (should be mid to low) for Jonathan Stewart.Zealots league. The team with Colston has other options at WR. This would be to get an elite RB in Stewart.
I think that is high, but admittedly, I am not as high on Stewart as many others are. Stewart has looked great when given the opportunity but is limited by injury history and situation. Will you have to depend on him next year when DeAngelo is back healthy? If not, then it is a decent deal for the future. If you would be relying on Stewart, I might pass and offer a similar deal for Gore, etc

Indianapolis Colts proposed a trade with Houston Texans:

Indianapolis Colts will give

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR

Nelson, Shawn BUF TE

Brown, Everette CAR DE

Year 2010 Round 2 Draft Pick from Indianapolis Colts

To Houston Texans for

Morris, Maurice DET RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Year 2010 Round 4 Draft Pick from Houston Texans

I'm the Texans, just made this deal. Whatcha think? I am still pretty desperate at RB, own the 1.01, Lesean McCoy, Leon Washington...yeah...

Indianapolis Colts proposed a trade with Houston Texans:Indianapolis Colts will giveHolmes, Santonio PIT WRNelson, Shawn BUF TEBrown, Everette CAR DEYear 2010 Round 2 Draft Pick from Indianapolis ColtsTo Houston Texans forMorris, Maurice DET RBSmith, Kevin DET RBWelker, Wes NEP WRYear 2010 Round 4 Draft Pick from Houston TexansI'm the Texans, just made this deal. Whatcha think? I am still pretty desperate at RB, own the 1.01, Lesean McCoy, Leon Washington...yeah...
I like it in that you dumped Kevin Smith. Holmes => Welker. Also, I am a huge fan of Nelson. I think you did ok. Holmes' value will soon take off, imo

Jeff,12 team PPR I have a lot of #2 type WR's but no true #1WR. I have 2 trades in the works, do you like either or both- I'm a huge R. Rice fan.I was offered:R White for Harvin & MSWMy WR'sCotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Garcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR Smith, Steve CAR WR Smith, Steve NYG WR Ward, Hines PIT WR
I love the Rice trade for you. But, I do not like the other. You have decent WRs without trading two good young ones for an older pass catcher.
Ok Jeff, would you trade Harvin & Garcon for R. White. My concern is I will have a nightmare each week trying to decide what WR's to start if I keep my current group. White would give me a true #1WR.

Jeff,12 team PPR I have a lot of #2 type WR's but no true #1WR. I have 2 trades in the works, do you like either or both- I'm a huge R. Rice fan.I was offered:R White for Harvin & MSWMy WR'sCotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Garcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR Smith, Steve CAR WR Smith, Steve NYG WR Ward, Hines PIT WR
Ok Jeff, would you trade Harvin & Garcon for R. White. My concern is I will have a nightmare each week trying to decide what WR's to start if I keep my current group. White would give me a true #1WR.
I would not do that deal. With the two Smiths and Ward, you should have WR1/2 each week. Add in Garcon and Harvin's upside, and I think you should stay the youth course.

I would not do that deal. With the two Smiths and Ward, you should have WR1/2 each week. Add in Garcon and Harvin's upside, and I think you should stay the youth course.
Thanks Jeff, I value your opinion but I already decided to make the deal. I just thought I needed a true #1 to plug in each week and I still should have enough depth, time will tell. I'm concerned that Harvin will have more value in NFL more so than FF because all the other targets, Favre either gone or one more year, and Harvins migrane/spine situation.

Thanks Jeff, I value your opinion but I already decided to make the deal. I just thought I needed a true #1 to plug in each week and I still should have enough depth, time will tell. I'm concerned that Harvin will have more value in NFL more so than FF because all the other targets, Favre either gone or one more year, and Harvins migrane/spine situation.
I share your concern on Harvin. My only thought is that you Have Smith (Car) and Ward that are up there in years and are taking on White (who is 29 this yr, iirc). I do believe that White and Matt Ryan will rebound with very nice seasons in 2010

Hi Jeff. Need your help in a dynasty league (PPR). Our scoring is 1 pt for every 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts for TD, 1 PPR, -3 lost fumble.

Assuming I am ok at RB and WR...I have been offered Ray Rice and Miles Austin for Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Steve

Hi Jeff. Need your help in a dynasty league (PPR). Our scoring is 1 pt for every 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts for TD, 1 PPR, -3 lost fumble.Assuming I am ok at RB and WR...I have been offered Ray Rice and Miles Austin for Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin. What do you think?Thanks in advance for your help.--Steve
Hey Steve, I would do that in a heartbeat. I think the RBs are very close and you get a top flight WR out of the swap

I have been offered this trade for Chris Johnson. I did not have him on the block but the offers keep coming. The latest is Randy Moss, Donnie Avery & the 1.1 rookie pick for Johnson. SHould I consider this?

I have been offered this trade for Chris Johnson. I did not have him on the block but the offers keep coming. The latest is Randy Moss, Donnie Avery & the 1.1 rookie pick for Johnson. SHould I consider this?
not even close to me. there was news today that this will be moss' last year in NE and avery is not a fantasy starter, imo.

Jeff,

I'm considering offering mendenhall for the 1.1 and 1.9 pick. I already have the 1.3 pick.

12 team ppr 7 keeper league (no draft pick penalty for keepers) Start QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR,TE,K,DST

Current team

Romo

r.rice

mendenhall

j.stewart

d.brown

s.rice

b.edwards

r.meachem

I would take d.bryant @ 1.1 and most likely try to add the best rb available at 1.3 to add to the rb depth I lose by trading mendenhall. Owners hold on tight to WR studs so it is very difficult to trade for an established wr. What caliber of established wr would you be looking to get for mendenhall?

Your thoughts?

I would say he is worth any WR not named Calvin, Ftzgerald, Andre Johnson and Marshal. Marshall and Wayne are close for me. All depends on how your leaguemates value Mendenhall.

Jeff, I'm considering offering mendenhall for the 1.1 and 1.9 pick. I already have the 1.3 pick.12 team ppr 7 keeper league (no draft pick penalty for keepers) Start QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR,TE,K,DSTCurrent teamRomor.ricemendenhallj.stewartd.browns.riceb.edwardsr.meachemI would take d.bryant @ 1.1 and most likely try to add the best rb available at 1.3 to add to the rb depth I lose by trading mendenhall. Owners hold on tight to WR studs so it is very difficult to trade for an established wr. What caliber of established wr would you be looking to get for mendenhall? Your thoughts?

14 team PPR dynasty league

Because of yearly salary cap changes this league has a year to year redraft feel.

For 2009 only which lineup would you rather have. Bottom line is who has more value for my lineup Forte or R. Brown & Gates.

Start 1-3 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE – below starters in bold

A)

R. Rice, Harrison, R. Brown

Marshall, Calvin, MSW, Jacoby, Cribbs

V. Davis, Gates, Lewis

Gates can be used to start for either Harrison or Brown also would have better depth at TE & RB in case of an injury

B)

R. Rice, Forte, Harrison

Davis, Lewis

Forte > Harrison or Brown but less depth

I like Forte, but Brown and Gates should be the better play. Also, more value on that side

14 team PPR dynasty league

Because of yearly salary cap changes this league has a year to year redraft feel.

For 2009 only which lineup would you rather have. Bottom line is who has more value for my lineup Forte or R. Brown & Gates.

Start 1-3 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE – below starters in bold

A)

R. Rice, Harrison, R. Brown

V. Davis, Gates, Lewis

Gates can be used to start for either Harrison or Brown also would have better depth at TE & RB in case of an injury

B)

R. Rice, Forte, Harrison

Davis, Lewis

Forte > Harrison or Brown but less depth

PPR dynasty start 2-3 RB & 3-4 WR

I'm thinking Benson is legit, would you move a WR - Smith (NYG), Cotchery, or MSW for Benson (maybe add a throw in)? IMO the Benson owner needs a WR. I value Cotchery high in PPR but do not think the average FF does so it would likely mean moving MSW or Smith which would cost me youth at WR.

My RB's & WR's:

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Morris, Maurice DET RB

Parmele, Jalen BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR (P)

Smith, Steve NYG WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR

I think you might be best to offer Smith (Car) for Benson and a mid/late pick. I think you should keep your young WRs and you need Ward/White. Smith and Ward are both older and produce similar numbers, so offer him and keep Ward. This still leaves you with White, Ward, Smith, and then either Cotch or MSW week to week. Good luck.Jeff

PPR dynasty start 2-3 RB & 3-4 WRI'm thinking Benson is legit, would you move a WR - Smith (NYG), Cotchery, or MSW for Benson (maybe add a throw in)? IMO the Benson owner needs a WR. I value Cotchery high in PPR but do not think the average FF does so it would likely mean moving MSW or Smith which would cost me youth at WR.My RB's & WR's:Forsett, Justin SEA RB Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Morris, Maurice DET RB Parmele, Jalen BAL RB Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Ringer, Javon TEN RB Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Crayton, Patrick DAL WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR Smith, Steve CAR WR (P) Smith, Steve NYG WR Ward, Hines PIT WR White, Roddy ATL WR Williams, Demetrius BAL WR

Hi Jeff, i need your wisdom once again.

I'm playing in a 16 Teams Dynasty League with both Contract Years and Cap Limit. (Max 3 Years for UFA and Tendered Players, Max 5 Years for Rookies). Scoring Format is: 1 for 10 Rec/Rush - 1 for 25 Pass - 4 Pass TD / 6 Rec & Rush TD - No PPR.

Starting: 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/2 OFF FLEX (No QB).

Here's My Team Roster So Far.

QB: Ryan/Vick

RB: McCoy/Felix

WR: Austin/Sims-Walker/Royal/Harvin

TE: Finley

UFA class is Weak, best options are:

QB - Favre, Young, Orton;

RB - Grant, Lynch, F.Jackson, T.Jones;

WR - R. Moss, Marshall, Jennings, Bowe

TE - Winslow.

So I Was Wondering if tryng to Buy a tendered Player could be a Good Idea.

Here are Tendered Players Prices:

2010 My Team First Round (1.01) + 2011 My Team First Round (Playing in the worst division, so i think it is going to be like 1.10) -> High Tender

2010 My Team Second Round Pick (2.01) + 2011 My Team First Round (See Above) -> Low Tender

And here is Tendered Players list:

High Tender -> Vincent Jackson, Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, Tom Brady, Cedric Benson, Eli Manning

Low Tender -> Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Micheal Turner.

It seems to me that paying 2.01 and a low first round 2011 for Turner can be a very Good Idea, even better than paying 1.01 (Matthews? Spiller? Dwyer?) for a stud like Ray Rice.

What is your opinion on that? Do You Think that adding Jennings/Moss + Turner/Rice can turn my team into a contender?

Thank you very much, and sorry for my "weak" english.

Hey, you have a good nucleus of young players. I would avoid the impulse to chase Turner. Rice is interesting and a player I would pursue. I think I would add some cheap UFAs: Favre (if very cheap), Lynch, FJax (esp if can get both cheap), Marshall (worth paying $$ for), Jennings. You should be in good shape. Hope this helps. Jeff

Hi Jeff, i need your wisdom once again.I'm playing in a 16 Teams Dynasty League with both Contract Years and Cap Limit. (Max 3 Years for UFA and Tendered Players, Max 5 Years for Rookies). Scoring Format is: 1 for 10 Rec/Rush - 1 for 25 Pass - 4 Pass TD / 6 Rec & Rush TD - No PPR.Starting: 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/2 OFF FLEX (No QB).Here's My Team Roster So Far.QB: Ryan/VickRB: McCoy/FelixWR: Austin/Sims-Walker/Royal/HarvinTE: FinleyUFA class is Weak, best options are:QB - Favre, Young, Orton;RB - Grant, Lynch, F.Jackson, T.Jones;WR - R. Moss, Marshall, Jennings, BoweTE - Winslow.So I Was Wondering if tryng to Buy a tendered Player could be a Good Idea.Here are Tendered Players Prices:2010 My Team First Round (1.01) + 2011 My Team First Round (Playing in the worst division, so i think it is going to be like 1.10) -> High Tender2010 My Team Second Round Pick (2.01) + 2011 My Team First Round (See Above) -> Low TenderAnd here is Tendered Players list:High Tender -> Vincent Jackson, Ray Rice, Andre Johnson, Tom Brady, Cedric Benson, Eli ManningLow Tender -> Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Micheal Turner.It seems to me that paying 2.01 and a low first round 2011 for Turner can be a very Good Idea, even better than paying 1.01 (Matthews? Spiller? Dwyer?) for a stud like Ray Rice.What is your opinion on that? Do You Think that adding Jennings/Moss + Turner/Rice can turn my team into a contender?Thank you very much, and sorry for my "weak" english.

Hi Jeff, this is a Zealots league - I like my team, except for my RBs (which is the worst thing to not like).

Team with the 1.03 said he's willing to trade down to the 1.09, and I'm looking at what would be a fair offer. His biggest need, IMO, is QB

My Team Core

QB: P Manning, Cutler, Gradkowski/Russell, T Edwards, Thigpen

RB: Forte, M Barber, Jacobs, R Williams, Ringer, K Jones

WR: De Jackson, Sims-Walker, E Royal, Housh, M Jones, Robiskie

TE: Shiancoe, E Moore, Shockey

DL: T Cole, R Mathis, W Smith, M Johnson, K Williams

LB: D Ryans, Dansby, Levy, Greenway, Urlacher, E Sims

DB: Marshall, Polamalu, Bethea, M Lewis, Flowers, Griffin

His Team Core

QB: Garrard, Quinn, D Anderson, Simms

RB: C Johnson, J Charles, Benson, W Parker

WR: Crabtree, Bowe, Hester, E Bennett, Caldwell, B Johnson