What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (6 Viewers)

WR2 and flex help needed.

***I play in a 12 team ppr. 2rbs, 2wrs and a flex (wr/rb/te)***

My starting rbs are Ray rice and Jamaal Charles...help me pick my Flex.

Cj spiller vs Miami

or

Arian Foster vs Indy

***My Wr1 is Miles Austin....help me pick a wr 2 from this pile***

Johnny Knox vs Detroit

MSW vs Denver

Gaffney at Jax slimly over Knox

Berrian at NO

thanks in advance for any input

Lineup - QB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, FLEX, TE Scoring - PPR, .10 per yard for both RB & WRNot used to 2 Flex spots, a lot more decisions: RB - TurnerWR - AJWR - MarshallNeed 2 from:Best @ CHIMcCoy vs GBBush vs MINBradshaw vs CARNicks vs CARKnox vs DETGaffney @ JAXEvans vs MIAThanks!
I would want two RBs: Best and either McCoy or Bradshaw ...

Hi JeffI am torn between which of these 2 WR's to start this week. This is a Non-PPR league with standard scoring.Do I go with:Malcolm Floyd WR SD orJeremy Maclin WR PHIThank you for your help.Bring on the start of the football season. :thumbup:
I would go with Floyd .. more stable of QB situation and is definite WR1

Jeff,

Who should I start opposite of Calvin Johnson this week

Crabtree vs Sea

Gaffney vs Jax

Dez Bryant vs Wash

It's a 1 PPR/6 pts per TD/1 pt per 10 yds receiving league scoring setup.

My gut says Gaffney, is it right or is it just indigestion?

Thanks,

-Eric

Hi Jeff.

Got a week 1 WDIS question for ya.

The position in question is my flex position (rb/wr).

Scoring is 1 pt./10 rushing or receiving yards...1/2 ppr...6 pts/td

My options are:

Gaffney

Welker

Jerome Harrison

Fred Jackson

LT

Mike Williams (sea)

Chester Taylor

Thanks for the help!

(Just noticed..team in sig is not up to date..disregard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,Who should I start opposite of Calvin Johnson this weekCrabtree vs SeaGaffney vs JaxDez Bryant vs Wa####'s a 1 PPR/6 pts per TD/1 pt per 10 yds receiving league scoring setup.My gut says Gaffney, is it right or is it just indigestion? Thanks,-Eric
Gaffney or Crabtree, leaning toward Gaffney

Hi Jeff.Got a week 1 WDIS question for ya.The position in question is my flex position (rb/wr).Scoring is 1 pt./10 rushing or receiving yards...1/2 ppr...6 pts/tdMy options are:GaffneyWelkerJerome HarrisonFred JacksonLTMike Williams (sea)Chester TaylorThanks for the help!(Just noticed..team in sig is not up to date..disregard)
Gaffney, Welker, or Harrison. Tough decision. Probably lean toward Harrison with hopes he has a big game.

Jeff, Standard scoring no ppr

Whats your gut say with McCoy and Bradshaw? I can play either this week. I know the experts on football guys have Bradshaw projected a little higher, but very close.

Thanks!

Standard yahoo 10 man except 25 return yards/point

went 9th. How can I trade to get some value out of this team?

QB: Rodgers, Rothies, Smith

RB: Mendenhall, Charles, Tomlinson

WR: Ward, Boldin, Moss, Royal

WR/RB: McCluster

TE: Celek/Shiancoe

K: Kaeding

Def: Dallas

Post week one, I think I need to do some serious improvements to my team because my bench is pretty terrible. My WRs are especially lacking and I don't have a truly top end RB, just banking on sleepers. I thought I could gimp along for 5 weeks then add in a top WR. I'll try to trade out Shiancoe now. Do you think I could survive with Alex Smith at QB for 4 weeks and go for a Rodgers trade after this week's games? Who should I be looking to trade Shiancoe for?

What about a Rodgers/Mendenhall trade for a better WR/decent RB? Trades along those lines that would work with what other people have would be Miles Austin/Jonathan Stewart (Schaub/Orton at QB) or Larry Fitz/Shonne Green (he has Cutler/Favre at QB).

Thanks for your time, please let me know if you would like any more information.

Jeff, Standard scoring no ppr Whats your gut say with McCoy and Bradshaw? I can play either this week. I know the experts on football guys have Bradshaw projected a little higher, but very close.Thanks!
I have to think the Eagles will try to establish the run to keep the pressure off of Kolb against the Packers. It is a toss up to me.

Standard yahoo 10 man except 25 return yards/pointwent 9th. How can I trade to get some value out of this team?QB: Rodgers, Rothies, SmithRB: Mendenhall, Charles, TomlinsonWR: Ward, Boldin, Moss, RoyalWR/RB: McClusterTE: Celek/ShiancoeK: KaedingDef: DallasPost week one, I think I need to do some serious improvements to my team because my bench is pretty terrible. My WRs are especially lacking and I don't have a truly top end RB, just banking on sleepers. I thought I could gimp along for 5 weeks then add in a top WR. I'll try to trade out Shiancoe now. Do you think I could survive with Alex Smith at QB for 4 weeks and go for a Rodgers trade after this week's games? Who should I be looking to trade Shiancoe for? What about a Rodgers/Mendenhall trade for a better WR/decent RB? Trades along those lines that would work with what other people have would be Miles Austin/Jonathan Stewart (Schaub/Orton at QB) or Larry Fitz/Shonne Green (he has Cutler/Favre at QB). Thanks for your time, please let me know if you would like any more information.
Welcome to Footballguys. How many do you start at each position? If you only start one QB, I would look to trade Ben since you have Rodgers. By the way, I would keep Rodgers and not look back. He gives you an advantage every week. Your two top RBs are strong. I think the one WR I would look to trade (if you can sell high) is Boldin. He worries me this year. I would also look to sell Shiancoe after his huge game Thursday OR Celek. Move one for a WR upgrade. Something like TE and Boldin for a Top 10 WR.

Ok, I have Randy Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant and Bernard Berrian in a PPR league.

Berrian didn't do anything Thursday night.

I think I am going to have to wait a few weeks to see where Dez Bryant fits into the Cowboys offense.

So, I want to dump Berrian for one of the following guys......

Mike Williams (Bucs)

Mile Williams (Seattle)

Jabar Gaffney (Den)

Laurent Robinson (Rams)

-----------------------------------------

Thanks and Good Luck to you this weekend!

Scoring is very basic 1 pt every 10yds for rushing/recieving 6 pt Tds and 1 ppr for everyone.

I am definitely starting CJ but I need two more out of:

K. Moreno vs Jac (not sure how many carries he will get even though he is probable)

J. Stewart vs NYG (Same as moreno and splitting with Williams)

D. Bowe vs SD (QB Concerns)

F. Taylor vs Cin (Starting for NE but with Bellicheck you never know about their RBs)

Thanks I really appreciate it if you can get to it before the games that would be awesome but if you cant no biggie I know it is totally last minute. Thanks again

Hey Jeff,

Good luck to you this season in any and all leagues you're in.

Quick one for you...

Start

Romo @ WAS or

Stafford @ CHI

for this week?

Thanks,

Ok, I have Randy Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant and Bernard Berrian in a PPR league.

Berrian didn't do anything Thursday night.

I think I am going to have to wait a few weeks to see where Dez Bryant fits into the Cowboys offense.

So, I want to dump Berrian for one of the following guys......

Mike Williams (Bucs)

Mile Williams (Seattle)

Jabar Gaffney (Den)

Laurent Robinson (Rams)

-----------------------------------------

Thanks and Good Luck to you this weekend!
Mike Williams TB or Gaffney

Thanks Jeff, I grabbed Mike Williams TB

My QB's are Romo and Kolb.

Based on Kolb's performance before he was injured should I drop Kolb for Vick?

I need to decide before another owner grabs him. I can't keep them both.

I don't plan on using anyone but Romo until his bye week-but I need to be prepared.

My other question has to with my Defense. I had both the Bears and Pats.

I dropped the Pats to pick up Mike Williams. The Pats did much better than the Bears this week.

The Bears face the Cowboys next week.

The Pats play @ the JETS.

Which matchup do you like better? Stay with the Bears or drop them for the Patriots?

Also, the Colts and Giants defenses are available and they play each other next week in Indy?

Too many options.....glad to have your opinion! :goodposting:

Thanks again for your help! I hope your teams did well...did you see my Saints defeat the Vikings again?

10-team, 5-keeper league. Keeping a player costs a draft pick one round better than where the player was selected (so you can't keep a 1st round pick, keeping a 3rd rounder pick costs you a second and keeping him for another successive year then costs you a first).

Both are teams are pretty good, league is in its 14th year so there's some good keepers.

He has proposed trading me Andre Johnson (1st round pick, can't be kept) for Frank Gore (I kept him, for the 3rd straight year, for my 2nd round pick so keeping him next year would cost me a first). Since there are 50 keepers, this year's first round included AJ, Steven Jackson, Peyton Manning, and then guys like Ryan Mathews and Joseph Addai - so Gore for a late 1st rounder (assuming both he and I will be playoff teams) is actually very appealing.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE and it's not PPR (passing TDs are 4, otherwise standard scoring)

My Team (parenthesis indicates draft pick next year to keep player)

QB: Peyton Manning (NA), Alex Smith (12), Vince Young (17)

RB: MJD (6), Gore (1), Moreno (2), Arian Foster (3), Leon Washington (11), Buckhalter (13), Brandon Jackson (19)

WR: Colston (5), Santana Moss (4), Crabtree (9), Evans (8), Maclin (7), Celek (15), Louis Murphy (16), Sidney Rice (10)

2010 keepers: MJD, Gore, Moreno, Colston, Crabtree

His Team

QB: Brady (2), Rivers (3), Eli Manning (8)

RB: Turner (13), Ryan Grant (7), Greene (9), Bradshaw (5), Fred Taylor (18), Dwyer (19)

WR: Andre Johnson (NA), Miles Austin (9), Hakeem Nicks (13), Steve Smith CAR (1), Terrell Owens (4), T Gonzalez (6), Eddie Royal (11), Jacoby Jones (12), Crayton (16)

2010 Keepers: Turner, Grant, Greene, Austin, Nicks

My thoughts: straight-up, it's fair. However, Gore has a little more value due to his keeper ability for 2011. It also leaves me a little thin at RB with Moreno/A Foster (not sold 100% on him, but week 1 helped) at RB2 given how strong some rosters in this format are. However, it upgrades my WRs immensely to start Andre Johnson. I'm deep at WR with lots of WR3-type guys, but a stud WR1 would help. You might notice that he has Ryan Grant (who was injured) and I have Brandon Jackson - there's an opportunity there as well, but I am somewhat hopeful that Jackson gets a chance to be the starter next year, so Jackson is more than just a "throw in", especially only costing a 19th round pick to keep, in my mind.

Is it worth it, in your opinion?

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:

Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:

: I am naturally concerned about the qb position

Kolb Start 1

Staffford

Williams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flex

Megatron, Start 2

Colston

Floyd

S. Moss

Carlson

Tynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch

Chargers

Thanks!! :confused:

WEEK TWO

I crashed and burned week one this year, don't usually do WDIS, but needing a win do I sit my #3 WR Randy Moss against Revis in favor of Mike Williams against the Carolina defense that absolutely sucked against the pass? I feel like they will run all over TB and then Tampa can actually get pretty productive throwing in quarters 2-4. Plus Revis factor...

I gotta start Spiller with Bradshaw again, unless I put in Bernard Scott...............yeah. Missing out on Foster/Bush/Bush in the 7th of my draft really screwed me over at RB.

Philly QB situation sucks for me, I really need Kolb to be definitely out or definitely in with the whole concussion issue...or I can start Henne. I have Vick and Kolb and Henne.

tate516 said:
Thanks Jeff, I grabbed Mike Williams TB

My QB's are Romo and Kolb.

Based on Kolb's performance before he was injured should I drop Kolb for Vick?

I need to decide before another owner grabs him. I can't keep them both.

I don't plan on using anyone but Romo until his bye week-but I need to be prepared.

My other question has to with my Defense. I had both the Bears and Pats.

I dropped the Pats to pick up Mike Williams. The Pats did much better than the Bears this week.

The Bears face the Cowboys next week.

The Pats play @ the JETS.

Which matchup do you like better? Stay with the Bears or drop them for the Patriots?

Also, the Colts and Giants defenses are available and they play each other next week in Indy?

Too many options.....glad to have your opinion! :lmao:

Thanks again for your help! I hope your teams did well...did you see my Saints defeat the Vikings again?
I would keep Kolb for now. He is the starter. As far as defenses, I think I would go with matchups. who is available? I am not really a fan of the four you mentioned.

10-team, 5-keeper league. Keeping a player costs a draft pick one round better than where the player was selected (so you can't keep a 1st round pick, keeping a 3rd rounder pick costs you a second and keeping him for another successive year then costs you a first).Both are teams are pretty good, league is in its 14th year so there's some good keepers.He has proposed trading me Andre Johnson (1st round pick, can't be kept) for Frank Gore (I kept him, for the 3rd straight year, for my 2nd round pick so keeping him next year would cost me a first). Since there are 50 keepers, this year's first round included AJ, Steven Jackson, Peyton Manning, and then guys like Ryan Mathews and Joseph Addai - so Gore for a late 1st rounder (assuming both he and I will be playoff teams) is actually very appealing.We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE and it's not PPR (passing TDs are 4, otherwise standard scoring)My Team (parenthesis indicates draft pick next year to keep player)QB: Peyton Manning (NA), Alex Smith (12), Vince Young (17)RB: MJD (6), Gore (1), Moreno (2), Arian Foster (3), Leon Washington (11), Buckhalter (13), Brandon Jackson (19)WR: Colston (5), Santana Moss (4), Crabtree (9), Evans (8), Maclin (7), Celek (15), Louis Murphy (16), Sidney Rice (10)2010 keepers: MJD, Gore, Moreno, Colston, CrabtreeHis TeamQB: Brady (2), Rivers (3), Eli Manning (8)RB: Turner (13), Ryan Grant (7), Greene (9), Bradshaw (5), Fred Taylor (18), Dwyer (19)WR: Andre Johnson (NA), Miles Austin (9), Hakeem Nicks (13), Steve Smith CAR (1), Terrell Owens (4), T Gonzalez (6), Eddie Royal (11), Jacoby Jones (12), Crayton (16)2010 Keepers: Turner, Grant, Greene, Austin, NicksMy thoughts: straight-up, it's fair. However, Gore has a little more value due to his keeper ability for 2011. It also leaves me a little thin at RB with Moreno/A Foster (not sold 100% on him, but week 1 helped) at RB2 given how strong some rosters in this format are. However, it upgrades my WRs immensely to start Andre Johnson. I'm deep at WR with lots of WR3-type guys, but a stud WR1 would help. You might notice that he has Ryan Grant (who was injured) and I have Brandon Jackson - there's an opportunity there as well, but I am somewhat hopeful that Jackson gets a chance to be the starter next year, so Jackson is more than just a "throw in", especially only costing a 19th round pick to keep, in my mind.Is it worth it, in your opinion?
I would keep Gore. He is worth more and it is non-PPR, making wrs worth less than rbs

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:: I am naturally concerned about the qb positionKolb Start 1StafffordWilliams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flexMegatron, Start 2ColstonFloydS. MossCarlsonTynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch ChargersThanks!! :lmao:
I would drop Stafford for Vick in a non-PPR. He has a GREAT matchup next week vs Detroit. At RB, Bradshaw, Williams and McCoyAt WR, Calvin and either Colston or FloydYour team is not bad and you can rebound this week. Just pick up Vick

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:: I am naturally concerned about the qb positionKolb Start 1StafffordWilliams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flexMegatron, Start 2ColstonFloydS. MossCarlsonTynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch ChargersThanks!! :thumbdown:
I would drop Stafford for Vick in a non-PPR. He has a GREAT matchup next week vs Detroit. At RB, Bradshaw, Williams and McCoyAt WR, Calvin and either Colston or FloydYour team is not bad and you can rebound this week. Just pick up Vick
THANKS!!

WEEK TWOI crashed and burned week one this year, don't usually do WDIS, but needing a win do I sit my #3 WR Randy Moss against Revis in favor of Mike Williams against the Carolina defense that absolutely sucked against the pass? I feel like they will run all over TB and then Tampa can actually get pretty productive throwing in quarters 2-4. Plus Revis factor...I gotta start Spiller with Bradshaw again, unless I put in Bernard Scott...............yeah. Missing out on Foster/Bush/Bush in the 7th of my draft really screwed me over at RB.Philly QB situation sucks for me, I really need Kolb to be definitely out or definitely in with the whole concussion issue...or I can start Henne. I have Vick and Kolb and Henne.
I think i would sit Moss since he totaled just 24 and 34 yards against the NYJ last yr. I love Bradshaw this week vs Indy. Vick is a good start this week vs Detroit.

Need to figure out what to do with my QB spot (see team in sig).

Should I drop Kolb for Vick/Young/Hasselbeck/Orton/Anderson until Big Ben gets back?

Also...any thoughts on who I should drop for Brandon Jackson? Or should I not pick him up.

I'd like to pick up Nate Washington or Michael Clayton but I don't see anybody on my team I should pick him up for.

Hi Jeff,

I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. Would you drop Bush for any of these RB's on the waiver wire? B. Jackson, P. Hillis, D. McCluster, F.Jackson, D. Sproles, F. Taylor, C. Buckhalter

Also I noticed Celek was not mentioned in the Upgrade/Downgrade column today. Would you pick up H. Miller as a replacement for him due to Kolb's struggles/injury? By the way dropping a D is not an option for me as our league awards alot of pts. for defenses. Thanks for any help.

QB: Brees, M. Ryan

RB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, M. Bush

WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, J. Knox

TE: B. Celek

DEF: Niners, Patriots

K: doesn’t matter

IDP: J. Vilma

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:: I am naturally concerned about the qb positionKolb Start 1StafffordWilliams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flexMegatron, Start 2ColstonFloydS. MossCarlsonTynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch ChargersThanks!! :D
THANKS!!
So don't worry about any bu qb's for now or wire def. I Alway's appreciate your help! Also hear Jackson may be the starter now for packers? Would have to drop Huggins.Wow Guess my priority is Vick Hmmmm.

Hey Jeff,

I'm in a similar situaiton to others at QB. I have Kolb and Roth. I have the #1 WW spot. Can either grab Vick with #1 WW or wait and probably grab one of Orton/Garrard/Hass & keep #1 WW. The rest of my team is solid so the #1 WW does not factor in as much as normal.

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks!

Jeff,

Is Mark Clayton (10 catches for 119 yds for the Rams) worth picking up for Jabar Gaffney?

My WRs are:

Calvin Johnson

Dez Bryant

Crabtree

Gaffney

1 PPR

6 pts per TD

1 pt per 10 yds receiving

Thanks,

-Eric

WDIS week 2

16 team dynasty IDP team

just looking for advice on offensive part

1 PPR for RB/WR

1.5 PPR for TE's

starting lineups:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE

I'm thinking:

Rivers

ADP/McFadden

Marshall/MWTB/Aromashodu

Clark

Tomlinson

Daniel, Chase NOS QB - 10

Rivers, Philip SDC QB 24.42 10

Young, Vince TEN QB 19.16 9

Bell, Kahlil CHI RB - 8

Buckhalter, Correll DEN RB -0.50 9

Dixon, Anthony SFO RB ® 0.00 9

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB ® (Q) - 4

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB 2.20 5

Huggins, Kareem TBB RB 0.00 4

McFadden, Darren OAK RB 27.00 10

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 13.10 4

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 7

Sutton, Tyrell CAR RB (Q) - 6

Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 9.80 7

Aromashodu, Devin CHI WR 12.10 8

Collie, Austin IND WR 31.30 7

Driver, Donald GBP WR 14.00 10

Evans, Lee BUF WR 7.40 6

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR (S) - 7

Marshall, Brandon MIA WR 13.30 5

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 3.70 10

Tate, Golden SEA WR ® - 5

Williams, Mike TBB WR ® 14.00 4

Clark, Dallas IND TE 30.50 7

Daniels, Owen HOU TE (P) 2.40 7

King, Jeff CAR TE 0.00 6

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE ® 0.00 8

Hey Jeff....

I still have Kolb but I picked up Vick because I need a QB for my team week 4 when Romo is on his bye.

I dropped Bernard Berrien for him so that was no biggie and Kolb looked bad before he got hurt so Vick is a little insurance.

MY DEFENSE OPTIONS

TB @ CAR

PATS @ JETS

KC @ CLE

CARDS @ ATL

CAR v TB

DET v PHI

GIANTS @ INDY

INDY v GIANTS

Right now I have the BEARS @ COWBOYS

Do I stand pat with the Bears or drop them for a one of the options above?

I dropped the Pats but I never expected them to play like they did this week.

So I am leaning towards the Pats @ Jets but tempted by the Chiefs @ Cleveland...I need your help :no:

Thanks again!!!

Need to figure out what to do with my QB spot (see team in sig).Should I drop Kolb for Vick/Young/Hasselbeck/Orton/Anderson until Big Ben gets back?Also...any thoughts on who I should drop for Brandon Jackson? Or should I not pick him up.I'd like to pick up Nate Washington or Michael Clayton but I don't see anybody on my team I should pick him up for.
I would cut Kolb for Vick and Caddy for Jackson.

Hi Jeff, I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. Would you drop Bush for any of these RB's on the waiver wire? B. Jackson, P. Hillis, D. McCluster, F.Jackson, D. Sproles, F. Taylor, C. BuckhalterAlso I noticed Celek was not mentioned in the Upgrade/Downgrade column today. Would you pick up H. Miller as a replacement for him due to Kolb's struggles/injury? By the way dropping a D is not an option for me as our league awards alot of pts. for defenses. Thanks for any help.QB: Brees, M. RyanRB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, M. BushWR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, J. KnoxTE: B. CelekDEF: Niners, PatriotsK: doesn’t matterIDP: J. Vilma
Hey, I would not target HMiller until Ben gets back ... which is a similar timeline to Celek/Kolb. I think you have to give it another week.

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:: I am naturally concerned about the qb positionKolb Start 1StafffordWilliams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flexMegatron, Start 2ColstonFloydS. MossCarlsonTynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch ChargersThanks!! :confused:
THANKS!!
So don't worry about any bu qb's for now or wire def. I Alway's appreciate your help! Also hear Jackson may be the starter now for packers? Would have to drop Huggins.Wow Guess my priority is Vick Hmmmm.
I would target Vick ... and if you can get BJackson, go for it.

TexanFan said:
Hey Jeff,I'm in a similar situaiton to others at QB. I have Kolb and Roth. I have the #1 WW spot. Can either grab Vick with #1 WW or wait and probably grab one of Orton/Garrard/Hass & keep #1 WW. The rest of my team is solid so the #1 WW does not factor in as much as normal. What would you do in this situation?Thanks!
wait and get Orton or Vick ... You might consider using the #1 priority on brandon jackson if he is available

Jeff,Is Mark Clayton (10 catches for 119 yds for the Rams) worth picking up for Jabar Gaffney?My WRs are:Calvin JohnsonDez BryantCrabtreeGaffney1 PPR6 pts per TD1 pt per 10 yds receiving Thanks,-Eric
Hey Eric, this is a close one. I watched the game and Bradford targeted Clayton on half of his throws. I think I would do it, even with Clayton's healthy history, or lack thereof

WDIS week 216 team dynasty IDP teamjust looking for advice on offensive part1 PPR for RB/WR1.5 PPR for TE'sstarting lineups:1 QB2 RB3 WR1 TE1 RB/WR/TEI'm thinking:RiversADP/McFaddenMarshall/MWTB/AromashoduClarkTomlinsonDaniel, Chase NOS QB - 10Rivers, Philip SDC QB 24.42 10Young, Vince TEN QB 19.16 9Bell, Kahlil CHI RB - 8Buckhalter, Correll DEN RB -0.50 9Dixon, Anthony SFO RB ® 0.00 9Gerhart, Toby MIN RB ® (Q) - 4Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB 2.20 5Huggins, Kareem TBB RB 0.00 4McFadden, Darren OAK RB 27.00 10Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 13.10 4Smith, Kevin DET RB - 7Sutton, Tyrell CAR RB (Q) - 6Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 9.80 7Aromashodu, Devin CHI WR 12.10 8Collie, Austin IND WR 31.30 7Driver, Donald GBP WR 14.00 10Evans, Lee BUF WR 7.40 6Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR (S) - 7Marshall, Brandon MIA WR 13.30 5Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 3.70 10Tate, Golden SEA WR ® - 5Williams, Mike TBB WR ® 14.00 4Clark, Dallas IND TE 30.50 7Daniels, Owen HOU TE (P) 2.40 7King, Jeff CAR TE 0.00 6Pitta, Dennis BAL TE ® 0.00 8
If Mike Bush is back healthy, I might consider Collie as flex since both RBs would be sharing time.

Hey Jeff....

I still have Kolb but I picked up Vick because I need a QB for my team week 4 when Romo is on his bye.

I dropped Bernard Berrien for him so that was no biggie and Kolb looked bad before he got hurt so Vick is a little insurance.

MY DEFENSE OPTIONS

TB @ CAR

PATS @ JETS

KC @ CLE

CARDS @ ATL

CAR v TB

DET v PHI

GIANTS @ INDY

INDY v GIANTS

Right now I have the BEARS @ COWBOYS

Do I stand pat with the Bears or drop them for a one of the options above?

I dropped the Pats but I never expected them to play like they did this week.

So I am leaning towards the Pats @ Jets but tempted by the Chiefs @ Cleveland...I need your help :confused:

Thanks again!!!
I would go with either TB or KC defense ...

Jeff, Pretty Standard scoring:Here's my team, and I hate to start out like this, but Too many goose eggs yesterday:: I am naturally concerned about the qb positionKolb Start 1StafffordWilliams,McCoy,Hightow., Barber,Buckhalter,Bradshaw,Huggins Start 2 plus a wr/rb flexMegatron, Start 2ColstonFloydS. MossCarlsonTynes ///// Anderson,Vick,Hass,Smith,cassel a few on wire? ouch ChargersThanks!! :lmao:
THANKS!!
I would target Vick ... and if you can get BJackson, go for it.
Vick's mine then!!!! THank you Jeff!!!

Hi Jeff, I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. Would you drop Bush for any of these RB's on the waiver wire? B. Jackson, P. Hillis, D. McCluster, F.Jackson, D. Sproles, F. Taylor, C. BuckhalterAlso I noticed Celek was not mentioned in the Upgrade/Downgrade column today. Would you pick up H. Miller as a replacement for him due to Kolb's struggles/injury? By the way dropping a D is not an option for me as our league awards alot of pts. for defenses. Thanks for any help.QB: Brees, M. RyanRB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, M. BushWR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, J. KnoxTE: B. CelekDEF: Niners, PatriotsK: doesn’t matterIDP: J. Vilma
Hey, I would not target HMiller until Ben gets back ... which is a similar timeline to Celek/Kolb. I think you have to give it another week.
O.K. thank you Jeff. What about the Rb's I listed though. Would you drop Bush for any of them?

O.K. thank you Jeff. What about the Rb's I listed though. Would you drop Bush for any of them?
Brandon Jackson is only one to consider and I would keep Bush since neither is a starter and Bush is more talented

With 1st waiver priority, in a 16 team PPR league (1 pt per reception). Vick or Clayton?

QB

Drew Brees

Josh Freeman

WR

Randy Moss

Pierre Garcon

Bernard Berrian

Dexter McCluster

Anthony Gonzalez

RB

Joseph Addai

Jahvid Best

Clinton Portis

Donald Brown

Kareem Huggins

TE

Jermichael Finley

K

Neil Rackers

DEF

Oakland

Houston

I'm in a TD-only league (8-teamer) where I have #1 waiver priority.

Lost Grant, but I do have a million RBs. (ADP, MJD, MB III, S JAX, DeAngelo) The thing is, I can start all 3 flexes as RB (thus 4 RBs can play!)

I basically go 1 WR all year and have Nicks and DeSean to usually pick from - I also have S Moss and V Davis.

At QB, I have the 3-headed monster of Ryan, Palmer, and Favre.

I trust that even with Kuhn in a vulture role that B Jax is the no-brainer here?

Do I bother roster Kuhn at the expense of say, Santana Moss?

I did get a trade offer where I was offered Boldin for Nicks and the #1 (presumably B Jax). I said a flat no.

Anyhow, is there any reason to go anywhere but B Jax with this one?

-QG

Hi Jeff – received a trade offer, and would like your thoughts.

Offer: I give LT and McCluster. He gives Donald Brown, Mike Sims-Walker, and Jeff Reed.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team:

QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Bradshaw, R Bush, M Bush, LT

WR: Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Chad Ochocinco, Mason, McCluster

TE: Keller, Hernandez DEF: Mia K: Rackers

His Team:

QB: Brady, Vince Young

RB: Ryan Mathews, Pierre Thomas, Forte, Donald Brown, Choice

WR: Mike Wallace, Mike Sims-Walker, Knox, Mike Williams (Sea)

TE: Gonzalez DEF: Dallas, SD K: Akers, Reed

RB: For me, LT looked pretty good last week. On his team, Forte went absolutely nuts, Pierre also had a good week, and D Brown did nothing behind Addai.

WR: My McCluster had a pretty exciting MNF, but he’s not gonna play much with Calvin, Brandon, and Ochocinco on my team, since I can only start 3 WR (using one for my RB/WR flex). McCluster was one of my “swing for the fences” guys, so I’d swap him out for value…

His MSW was held without a catch by Denver, so had a very poor first week.

I’d like to upgrade at RB and TE, but don’t think D Brown is it, and he only has Gonzo at TE so probably won’t budge there. Do either Pierre or Forte have enough potential based on one week to try to swap for one of them?

Maybe counter with something like his Knox and Forte (that’s a lot of Bears!), for LT and McCluster? That doesn't seem like much improvement, kinda just swapping out comparable pieces?

Or maybe his Forte for McCluster and Mason, since his WRs are pretty weak?

Does any counter offer jump out at you?

Users who are viewing this thread