What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

squistion said:
Hey Jeff -Got a flex and possible 2nd WR issue for the playoffs. PPR league. Injury bug has knocked out Gore, Collie and Giants Steve Smith (hurt his hammy last night).Starting McFadden, Bradshaw, Miles Austin. Second WR I have penciled in Johhny Knox @ Minn, seems the best of my options (others Jacoby Jones, Doucet, Burleson, Jacoby Ford)So, I got a flex position and my options are:Anthony Dixon @ San DiegoDarren Sproles v. SFOJacoby Jones @ TennEarly Doucet @ CarolinaNate Burelson @ TampaJacoby Ford v DenverAssuming you agree with Knox a my 2nd WR, who should I go with in the flex? The team I am up against has Hillis, Charles, Colston, plus Wayne and Tamme (Peyton Manning is my QB) so it is tough matchup and I am a slight underdog.I am leaning towards Sproles at this point since even with Tolbert and Mathews he seems to be part of the mix - although he has a hit or miss quality, so perhaps Dixon might be the better pick (although without the upside). Based on last night I might roll the dice with Jacoby Jones, but Owen Daniels muddles the picture and I don't know if I can count on another shootout.Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
I think I might go with the upside of Ford or Jacoby Jones. I might even prefer Dixon to Sproles. Sproles had a big role with the game out of reach last week and I would not want to bank on that going forward. Anything on the waiver wire?
Nothing - 30 man roster in 12 team league, picked over long ago. I think I might agree with you on Ford, I was a little soured on him as I started him in that same league last week (obviously made no difference in the final score). Do you like him better than Knox?
no, have to roll with Knox and hope to get lucky on a long one

Foureyes said:
Hey Jeff,You've helped get me this far. This is my "win and I'm in" the playoffs, lose and I go home week. Appreciate your help getting my best lineup in. All TD's 6 pts, 1/25 pass 1/10 run/rec, no PPR.My two QBs are Cutler @ Minn and Ben vs NYJ. Leaning toward Cutler (by a little bit).I need to play any four of...CJ2K vs Hou (obviously)Bradshaw vs Phil (must start unless he's out)VJax vs SF (can I trust him yet?)Austin vs Wash (great matchup...I've been playing him and he's been killing me)Bowe @ StL (can I trust him again?)MWilliams TB vs Det (in a slump, but good matchup)Blount vs Det (looks great until you remember what Detroit did to GB last week).I could also grab MFloyd who just became available, with the idea I would play him and VJax, knowing that one of them has to catch everything Rivers throws. Not sure I have to bother...Appreciate your input. Thanks again!!!
I think I would go with Ben with the way NYJ defense has given up production. Cutler has more upside, but is very risky.Johnson - for sureBradshaw - for suureBowe - great if cassel back in lineupAustin - could have big gameMike Williams next ...
You would start any of these three WR's (Austin, Bowe, Tampa Mike) over Blount? And I can't sell you on either of SD's WR's?

This is for the league and team in my signature.

First of all, I'll need to closely monitor the situation with Rodgers, but if he doesn't go this week, should I still risk rolling with Kyle Orton, or grab one of these FA QBs as a backup:

Josh Freeman (vs DET)

Jon Kitna (vsWAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (vsATL)

Jay Cutler (@MIN)

David Garrard (@IND)

Jason Campbell (vsDEN)

Sam Bradford (vsKC)

Kerry Collins (vsHOU)

Cutler or Kitna this week. Both are good matchups this week.

Secondly, there are some enticing WRs still available and mine seem to be anything but reliable. Holmes has a tough schedule coming up, so would you drop him and/or Collie for any of these guys? I have been hanging on to Collie, but at this point is it time to move on?

Kenny Britt

Malcom Floyd

Vincent Jackson

Mike Williams (SEA)

Jacoby Ford

Sidney Rice

I would only drop Collie if he does not practice Wed. If not, dump him for Floyd or Britt.

If Gates is I no-go on Thursday. I am thinking that Boss may be my best TE option, but who do you like? I'd have to drop someone though, who is first on the chopping block?

Kellen Winslow (vsDET)

Rob Gronkowski (vs GB)

Kevin Boss (vsPHI)

Owen Daniels (@TEN)

Zach Miller (vsDEN)

I like Winslow or Daniels (he looked great last nite)

I was planning on starting SD (vsSF) this week at D and then the Jets (@CHI) next week. Should I drop one or both of them for any of the following WW options? One advantage of consolidating to one defense for both weeks is that would open up a roster spot to get a backup TE. I could also just start the Jets both weeks (@PIT this week) or SD (@CIN in week 16).

Dallas (vsWAS, @ARI)

Arizona (@CAR, vsDAL)

New England (vsGB, @BUF)

Tampa Bay (vsDET, vsSEA)

Miami (vsBUF, vsDET)

Love SD this week

Lots of questions I realize. I would certainly appreciate any help! Thanks!
good luck
Alright, so you figure I should just sit tight until we know more about the status of Rodgers, Collie, and Gates. No waiver wire moves for me then, haha! Thanks. If Collie plays this week would you start him? Which 3WRs should I be starting? Calvin, Austin, then one of Collie/Holmes/Marshall I assume?If I do end up need to pick up a backup TE and/or QB, who should I be dropping? Thanks to Yahoo, only droppable options are: Holmes, Moreno, Bradshaw, Collie, Marshall, then the kicker and Ds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foureyes said:
Hey Jeff,You've helped get me this far. This is my "win and I'm in" the playoffs, lose and I go home week. Appreciate your help getting my best lineup in. All TD's 6 pts, 1/25 pass 1/10 run/rec, no PPR.My two QBs are Cutler @ Minn and Ben vs NYJ. Leaning toward Cutler (by a little bit).I need to play any four of...CJ2K vs Hou (obviously)Bradshaw vs Phil (must start unless he's out)VJax vs SF (can I trust him yet?)Austin vs Wash (great matchup...I've been playing him and he's been killing me)Bowe @ StL (can I trust him again?)MWilliams TB vs Det (in a slump, but good matchup)Blount vs Det (looks great until you remember what Detroit did to GB last week).I could also grab MFloyd who just became available, with the idea I would play him and VJax, knowing that one of them has to catch everything Rivers throws. Not sure I have to bother...Appreciate your input. Thanks again!!!
I think I would go with Ben with the way NYJ defense has given up production. Cutler has more upside, but is very risky.Johnson - for sureBradshaw - for suureBowe - great if cassel back in lineupAustin - could have big gameMike Williams next ...
You would start any of these three WR's (Austin, Bowe, Tampa Mike) over Blount? And I can't sell you on either of SD's WR's?
I expect one of the SD WRs to put up good numbers ... but which one? As for Blount, the tough matchup will not help, plus he could be wearing down (rookie wall). I guess the same could be said about MW, but easier for WRs.

This is for the league and team in my signature.

First of all, I'll need to closely monitor the situation with Rodgers, but if he doesn't go this week, should I still risk rolling with Kyle Orton, or grab one of these FA QBs as a backup:

Josh Freeman (vs DET)

Jon Kitna (vsWAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (vsATL)

Jay Cutler (@MIN)

David Garrard (@IND)

Jason Campbell (vsDEN)

Sam Bradford (vsKC)

Kerry Collins (vsHOU)

Cutler or Kitna this week. Both are good matchups this week.

Secondly, there are some enticing WRs still available and mine seem to be anything but reliable. Holmes has a tough schedule coming up, so would you drop him and/or Collie for any of these guys? I have been hanging on to Collie, but at this point is it time to move on?

Kenny Britt

Malcom Floyd

Vincent Jackson

Mike Williams (SEA)

Jacoby Ford

Sidney Rice

I would only drop Collie if he does not practice Wed. If not, dump him for Floyd or Britt.

If Gates is I no-go on Thursday. I am thinking that Boss may be my best TE option, but who do you like? I'd have to drop someone though, who is first on the chopping block?

Kellen Winslow (vsDET)

Rob Gronkowski (vs GB)

Kevin Boss (vsPHI)

Owen Daniels (@TEN)

Zach Miller (vsDEN)

I like Winslow or Daniels (he looked great last nite)

I was planning on starting SD (vsSF) this week at D and then the Jets (@CHI) next week. Should I drop one or both of them for any of the following WW options? One advantage of consolidating to one defense for both weeks is that would open up a roster spot to get a backup TE. I could also just start the Jets both weeks (@PIT this week) or SD (@CIN in week 16).

Dallas (vsWAS, @ARI)

Arizona (@CAR, vsDAL)

New England (vsGB, @BUF)

Tampa Bay (vsDET, vsSEA)

Miami (vsBUF, vsDET)

Love SD this week

Lots of questions I realize. I would certainly appreciate any help! Thanks!
good luck
Alright, so you figure I should just sit tight until we know more about the status of Rodgers, Collie, and Gates. No waiver wire moves for me then, haha! Thanks. If Collie plays this week would you start him? Which 3WRs should I be starting? Calvin, Austin, then one of Collie/Holmes/Marshall I assume?If I do end up need to pick up a backup TE and/or QB, who should I be dropping? Thanks to Yahoo, only droppable options are: Holmes, Moreno, Bradshaw, Collie, Marshall, then the kicker and Ds.
First drop is NYJ defense with SD having a great matchup. If Collie is out, I like Marshall against Buffalo. Holmes against his old team might be asking too much.

Quick TE question....PPR LEAGUE

I had Owen Daniels and J Finley at the start of the season...lost both.

Picked up various guys now I have Kevin Boss. He came up BIG for me on Monday, but......

Owen Daniels is back and he got a lot of looks from Schaub...

Would you DROP Boss for Daniels????

Boss v PHI

Daniels @ TEN

Thanks Jeff!

OK Jeff.....off to a GreAAT start in playoffs.....seems like a bit of a theme on your threads. 1qb,2rb,2wr,1wr/rb,1te,1k,1def

Vick, Kolb start one

McCoy,Stewart, Blount...leaning

Bradshaw, Westy,Harrison maybe hard to sit Bradshaw?

Megatron,Colston,S. Moss. M. Williams(tb) need two start two wr and two rb and 1 flex rb/wr

Lewis,Winslow

Hartley Buehler and Brown on wire

Chargers

THanks as ALWAYS

Hi Jeff, PPR league.

1. Which two wide receivers: B. Marshall, K. Britt, J. Maclin, M. Williams (Seattle)?

2. Which tight end: Z. Miller (Oakland), O. Daniels?

Thanks!

Hey Jeff......I hate to ask for roster help so soon but I have some possible players for tomorrow nights game!

PPR LEAGUE

QBs (1)

Mike Vick @ NYG - Hot Hand---Gotta start him!

Jon Kitna v WAS- Safer game/match-up?

RBs (2)

LeSean McCoy @ NYG -- Gotta team him up with Vick, right?

Reggie Bush @ BAL -- Back & Catches a lot of passes

Fred Jackson @ MIA -- Mr. Steady?

Ryan Torain v DAL -- Will he repeat last week?

WRs (3)

Hakeem Nicks v PHI-- He's back, right?

Mike Williams (TB) -- SCARY SLUMP!

Pierre Garcon v JAX -- Solid Start!

Robert Meachem @ BAL -- ZERO last week....HERO this week?

Vincent Jackson v SF -- This is all about TRUST? Worth the Risk, during playoffs????

TE (1)

Kevin Boss v PHI (It's basically him & Nicks out there to catch balls---Stand pat or Drop him?)

***Or do I grab OWENS v TEN (Looked GREAT!)

K

Josh Scobee @ INDY -- Any other option I should look at?

DEF (1)

Chargers v SF ( They SHUT DOWN KC, can they do that to the Niners I saw last week? )

Cowboys v WAS ( I picked them up for their wk 15 & 16 match-ups---Are they the SAFER play?)

THANKS JEFF!!!!

This is the TEAM I am playing.....Do I have a shot?

QB

Jason Campbell vDen (Maybe RODGERS if he gets cleared)

WR

Dwayne Bowe @StL

Brandon Lloyd @Oak

Greg Jennings @NE

RB

Rashard Mendenhall vNYJ

Jonathan Stewart vAri

TE

Jacob Tamme vJac

K

Adam Vinatieri vJac

DEF

Chicago@Min

THANKS AGAIN!

0.5 per comp

-0.25 per inc

-3 per int

6 per TD

1/10 rush

Waivers: Kerry Collins, Joe Webb, Chad Henne, Patrick Ramsey

My team: Kyle Orton

I have TB Mike Williams at flex, with Roddy and AJ at WR. Here are my dilemmas:

1. Orton has really sucked the last 2 weeks. I need a win. Do I start Collins over him playing the worst secondary in the league? Webb?

2. Williams has Detroit, but hasn't been doing a whole lot lately. I could pick up Joe Webb to start over him, as he is WR eligible. If Webb plays QB, then even a poor QB performance (around 12-15 points) would be a strong flex performance.

3. Blount or Maurice Morris are my RB2/other flex options. Pick one? Pick both?

I'm really lost here. My team is falling apart everywhere but WR and K and after being the #1 seed I fear I'm headed for a dreadful first round exit against Peyton Manning and the NYJ Def with great matchups, not to mention Witten on a hot streak with my Tamme performing poorly recently.

Jeff - looking for your advice in an obviously critical week. Semis this week, SB WK16.

0.5PPR 1/10 rush/rec 1/20 pass/return -2pt FL, -3pt INT

6pt for all TD, 3pt bonus for 30yd+ TD on offense

1pt sack (2pt bonus for 5 sacks), 2pt DFR, 3pt INT, 4pt SFTY, 3pt blocked kick/punt, 10pt for <7pt allowed scale down to -2pt for 36pt+ allowed

Start QB+2RB+3WR+TE+DEF+RB/WR/TE flex

Lost Rodgers last week, lucky to be on a bye.

Current starters:

QB Kitna vs WAS

RB1 Blount vs DET

RB2 McCoy @ NYG

FLX Torain @ DAL

WR1 Britt vs HOU

WR2 Colston @ BAL

WR3 Nicks vs PHI

TE Watson @ CIN

DEF Dolphins vs BUF

Current reserves:

Rodgers @ NE

Woodhead vs GB

Goodson vs ARI

Bess vs BUF

S. Moss @ DAL

M. Wallace vs NYJ

Jets @ PIT

Available FA auction players of note:

QB Campbell, Collins, McNabb, Bradford, A.Smith

RB Dixon, Morris, Best, Ivory, Jennings, C.Taylor

WR Royal, Bennett, Benn, Armstrong, Gibson

TE Winslow, Daniels, Gronkowski, Fasano

DEF OAK, ATL, TB, CLE, CAR, ARI

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron

Quick TE question....PPR LEAGUE

I had Owen Daniels and J Finley at the start of the season...lost both.

Picked up various guys now I have Kevin Boss. He came up BIG for me on Monday, but......

Owen Daniels is back and he got a lot of looks from Schaub...

Would you DROP Boss for Daniels????

Boss v PHI

Daniels @ TEN

Thanks Jeff!
daniels this week with boss having a tough matchup

OK Jeff.....off to a GreAAT start in playoffs.....seems like a bit of a theme on your threads. 1qb,2rb,2wr,1wr/rb,1te,1k,1def

Vick, Kolb start one

McCoy,Stewart, Blount...leaning

Bradshaw, Westy,Harrison maybe hard to sit Bradshaw?

Megatron - esp if shaun hill is back,Colston,S. Moss. M. Williams(tb) need two last one is tough, thinking Santana. He plays well vs Dallas start two wr and two rb and 1 flex rb/wr

Lewis,Winslow

Hartley Buehler and Brown on wire

Chargers

THanks as ALWAYS

Hi Jeff, PPR league.

1. Which two wide receivers: B. Marshall, K. Britt, J. Maclin, M. Williams (Seattle)? Britt vs terrible HOU secondary & either Marshall or Maclin. Thinking Maclin ... just a hunch even tho Marshall has a GREAT matchup

2. Which tight end: Z. Miller (Oakland), O. Daniels? Daniels

Thanks!

Hey Jeff......I hate to ask for roster help so soon but I have some possible players for tomorrow nights game!

PPR LEAGUE

QBs (1)

Mike Vick @ NYG - Hot Hand---Gotta start him!

Jon Kitna v WAS- Safer game/match-up?

Vick

RBs (2)

LeSean McCoy @ NYG -- Gotta team him up with Vick, right?

Reggie Bush @ BAL -- Back & Catches a lot of passes

Fred Jackson @ MIA -- Mr. Steady?

Ryan Torain v DAL -- Will he repeat last week?

McCoy & Torain

WRs (3)

Vincent Jackson v SF -- This is all about TRUST? Worth the Risk, during playoffs????

If Floyd does NOT play on Thurs, start Vjax. I would order them Nicks & Garcon ... then Meachem if not VJax

TE (1)

Kevin Boss v PHI (It's basically him & Nicks out there to catch balls---Stand pat or Drop him?)

***Or do I grab OWENS v TEN (Looked GREAT!)

Daniels

K

Josh Scobee @ INDY -- Any other option I should look at?

Janikowski & Buehler this week

DEF (1)

Chargers v SF ( They SHUT DOWN KC, can they do that to the Niners I saw last week? )

Cowboys v WAS ( I picked them up for their wk 15 & 16 match-ups---Are they the SAFER play?)

like both, but SD more

THANKS JEFF!!!!

good luck

This is the TEAM I am playing.....Do I have a shot?

QB

Jason Campbell vDen (Maybe RODGERS if he gets cleared)

WR

Dwayne Bowe @StL

Brandon Lloyd @Oak

Greg Jennings @NE

RB

Rashard Mendenhall vNYJ

Jonathan Stewart vAri

TE

Jacob Tamme vJac

K

Adam Vinatieri vJac

DEF

Chicago@Min

THANKS AGAIN!

0.5 per comp

-0.25 per inc

-3 per int

6 per TD

1/10 rush

Waivers: Kerry Collins, Joe Webb, Chad Henne, Patrick Ramsey

My team: Kyle Orton

I have TB Mike Williams at flex, with Roddy and AJ at WR. Here are my dilemmas:

1. Orton has really sucked the last 2 weeks. I need a win. Do I start Collins over him playing the worst secondary in the league? Webb? Have to roll with Orton unless Kitna is available.

2. Williams has Detroit, but hasn't been doing a whole lot lately. I could pick up Joe Webb to start over him, as he is WR eligible. If Webb plays QB, then even a poor QB performance (around 12-15 points) would be a strong flex performance. Go with Webb since he has similar upside. I do think MW will be ok, but Webb is the play.

3. Blount or Maurice Morris are my RB2/other flex options. Pick one? Pick both? Blount easy

I'm really lost here. My team is falling apart everywhere but WR and K and after being the #1 seed I fear I'm headed for a dreadful first round exit against Peyton Manning and the NYJ Def with great matchups, not to mention Witten on a hot streak with my Tamme performing poorly recently.
good luck this week

Jeff - looking for your advice in an obviously critical week. Semis this week, SB WK16.

0.5PPR 1/10 rush/rec 1/20 pass/return -2pt FL, -3pt INT

6pt for all TD, 3pt bonus for 30yd+ TD on offense

1pt sack (2pt bonus for 5 sacks), 2pt DFR, 3pt INT, 4pt SFTY, 3pt blocked kick/punt, 10pt for <7pt allowed scale down to -2pt for 36pt+ allowed

Start QB+2RB+3WR+TE+DEF+RB/WR/TE flex

Lost Rodgers last week, lucky to be on a bye.

Current starters:

QB Kitna vs WAS

RB1 Blount vs DET

RB2 McCoy @ NYG

FLX Torain @ DAL

WR1 Britt vs HOU

WR2 Colston @ BAL

WR3 Nicks vs PHI

TE Watson @ CIN

DEF Dolphins vs BUF

Current reserves:

Rodgers @ NE

Woodhead vs GB

Goodson vs ARI

Bess vs BUF

S. Moss @ DAL

M. Wallace vs NYJ

Jets @ PIT

Available FA auction players of note:

QB Campbell, Collins, McNabb, Bradford, A.Smith

RB Dixon, Morris, Best, Ivory, Jennings, C.Taylor

WR Royal, Bennett, Benn, Armstrong, Gibson

TE Winslow, Daniels, Gronkowski, Fasano

DEF OAK, ATL, TB, CLE, CAR, ARI

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron
Hey Byron, I think you have a shot. If you feel like you need an upside WR, Santana is an option. His best games as a pro have been vs Dallas.

WAIVER WIRE UPDATE----QUESTION

****I checked tonight and Kenny Britt is on the WW....

Who, if any, would you DROP for him?

Britt faces the Texans this week, a nice matchup!

EVERYTHING I read says to start him, are you a believer?

I feel solid with Nicks & Garcon, its the #3 that causes me concern....

******HERE IS MY PREVIOUS POST & YOUR ADVICE******

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRs (3)

If Floyd does NOT play on Thurs, start Vjax. I would order them Nicks & Garcon ... then Meachem if not VJax

Hey Jeff, I need some advice for this week especially on my 3rd WR and Flex. Non-PPR standard league. Is Armstrong or M. Thomas better options this week especially instead of Crabtree?

Current Linup:

QB - Kitna vs WAS

WR1 - Britt vs Hou

WR2 - Nicks vs Phi

WR3 - Crabtree @ SD (Thinking of benching him against the though SD Def but not sure my other options are much better)

RB1 - MJD @ Ind

RB2 - S. Jackson vs KC

TE - Kellen Winslow (If Gates doesn't play which is seems that's the case)

FLEX - Pierre Thomas @ Bal (Not a good matchup either)

K - Kaeding vs SF

DEF - TB vs Det (Is TB the play here this week instead of Dal right?)

Bench:

WR - Armstrong @ Dal

WR - Mike Thomas @ Ind

TE - Gates

QB - Bradford

DEF - Dal

WW Options:

Obomanu vs Atl

Breaston @ Car

Thanks in advance Jeff, appreciate it.

Hey Jeff,

Quick question (PPR scoring).

Flex (starting Andre Johnson, S Moss, and Arian Foster)

Hightower at CAR

Garcon vs JAX (assuming Collie DOES play)

On bench: Mathews vs SF, P Thomas at BAL, M Williams vs DET, S Rice vs CHI

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jeff,

PPR, RB/WR 10 yds per point, bonus for long TDs and 100YD games:

Lineup:

Vick

Turner

McCoy

A Johnson

Nicks

Witten

FLEX:

Bradshaw (or Jacobs) VS PHI OR

Marshall VS BUF

Thanks!

Hey Jeff. Standard scoring, non-ppr.

Do I risk a trip to Revis Island with Mike Wallace, my usually flex or go with a gimpy Macolm Floyd instead.

WAIVER WIRE UPDATE----QUESTION

****I checked tonight and Kenny Britt is on the WW....

Who, if any, would you DROP for him?

Britt faces the Texans this week, a nice matchup!

EVERYTHING I read says to start him, are you a believer?

I feel solid with Nicks & Garcon, its the #3 that causes me concern....

******HERE IS MY PREVIOUS POST & YOUR ADVICE******

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRs (3)

start vjax

Hey Jeff, I need some advice for this week especially on my 3rd WR and Flex. Non-PPR standard league. Is Armstrong or M. Thomas better options this week especially instead of Crabtree?

Current Linup:

QB - Kitna vs WAS

WR1 - Britt vs Hou

WR2 - Nicks vs Phi

WR3 - Crabtree @ SD (Thinking of benching him against the though SD Def but not sure my other options are much better)

RB1 - MJD @ Ind

RB2 - S. Jackson vs KC

TE - Kellen Winslow (If Gates doesn't play which is seems that's the case)

FLEX - Pierre Thomas @ Bal (Not a good matchup either)

K - Kaeding vs SF

DEF - TB vs Det (Is TB the play here this week instead of Dal right?)

Bench:

WR - Armstrong @ Dal

WR - Mike Thomas @ Ind

TE - Gates

QB - Bradford

DEF - Dal

WW Options:

Obomanu vs Atl

Breaston @ Car

Thanks in advance Jeff, appreciate it.
I think you have to start Crabtree ... Armstrong is second choice

Hey Jeff,Quick question (PPR scoring).Flex (starting Andre Johnson, S Moss, and Arian Foster)Hightower at CARGarcon vs JAX (assuming Collie DOES play)On bench: Mathews vs SF, P Thomas at BAL, M Williams vs DET, S Rice vs CHIThanks in advance!
I like both Hightower and Garcon, but would lean toward Garcon w/ Jax DBs so bad

TexanFan said:
Hey Jeff,PPR, RB/WR 10 yds per point, bonus for long TDs and 100YD games:Lineup:VickTurnerMcCoyA JohnsonNicksWittenFLEX:Bradshaw (or Jacobs) VS PHI ORMarshall VS BUFThanks!
Bradshaw ... I think he gets several receptions

Hi Jeff – Hoping I can get your opinion for this weekend.

QB: Ben, Eli, or Collins? Passing TDs = 4 pts, 25 yards passing = 1 pt.

RB/WR: NON-PPR, TDs = 6 pts, 10 yards rushing/receiving =1 pt, start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR flex.

RBs are Rice, Bradshaw, Blount, Javarris James. WRs are Calvin, Britt, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Blair White. Which five do you like?

Thanks for the help Jeff.

RB/WR: NON-PPR, TDs = 6 pts, 10 yards rushing/receiving =1 pt, start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR flex.

RBs are Rice, Bradshaw, Blount, Javarris James. WRs are Calvin, Britt, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Blair White. Which five do you like?

Jeff Tefertiller said:
football newbie said:

thx. qb? toughie?

Hey Jeff,Quick question (PPR scoring).Flex (starting Andre Johnson, S Moss, and Arian Foster)Hightower at CARGarcon vs JAX (assuming Collie DOES play)On bench: Mathews vs SF, P Thomas at BAL, M Williams vs DET, S Rice vs CHIThanks in advance!
I like both Hightower and Garcon, but would lean toward Garcon w/ Jax DBs so bad
This just got a bit more complicated w/ McNabb being benched. I need to pick 2 of the following (PPR).S Moss vs JAX (Grossman at the helm)Hightower vs CARGarcon vs JAX (assuming Collie does play)M Williams vs DETThanks again!

Ok Jeff....

PPR

4 RBs----NEED to START 2

*McCoy *Torain *F Jackson * Reggie Bush

McCoy & Torain were my starters

Today i heard the news that McNabb has been demoted to QB3 and Grossman will start after taking his first snaps today!

Am I right to think that this will have a negative effect on the Skins running game?

I know the Cowboys are horrible at Run D, but now they only have to worry about that without McNabb.

------

I started the Chargers as advised but now I think the Cowboys are going to crush the Skins at home.

------

So----who should I start as my #2 back?

*Stay with TORAIN

*Fred Jackson scares me, the Phins are tough vs the run in the red zone

**Is Reggie Bush a possibility?

WR's

Starting Nicks / Garcon .....

Need 1 more -TB Mike -Meachem -Kenny Britt

**Worried about TB Mike's slump

K's

I have Scobee @ INDY (High scoring game?)

Should I drop him for Suisham v JETS (Weather an issue?)

THANKS JEFF!

thx. qb? toughie?
yes, sorry I missed it. I am one to play the best player in a bad matchup over a sorry one in a great matchup. So, I say Ben.

This just got a bit more complicated w/ McNabb being benched. I need to pick 2 of the following (PPR).S Moss vs JAX (Grossman at the helm)Hightower vs CARGarcon vs JAX (assuming Collie does play)M Williams vs DETThanks again!
Garcon for sure. Never know when he has a huge game. The other one should be a WR now that I see Wells is playing. Go with Santana if you are ok with GROSSman, Williams if not.

Ok Jeff....

PPR

4 RBs----NEED to START 2

*McCoy *Torain *F Jackson * Reggie Bush

McCoy & Torain were my starters

Today i heard the news that McNabb has been demoted to QB3 and Grossman will start after taking his first snaps today!

Am I right to think that this will have a negative effect on the Skins running game?

I know the Cowboys are horrible at Run D, but now they only have to worry about that without McNabb.

------

I started the Chargers as advised but now I think the Cowboys are going to crush the Skins at home.

------

So----who should I start as my #2 back?

*Stay with TORAIN

*Fred Jackson scares me, the Phins are tough vs the run in the red zone

**Is Reggie Bush a possibility?

WR's

Starting Nicks / Garcon .....

Need 1 more -TB Mike -Meachem -Kenny Britt

**Worried about TB Mike's slump

K's

I have Scobee @ INDY (High scoring game?)

Should I drop him for Suisham v JETS (Weather an issue?)

THANKS JEFF!
At RB, I stay with the two; Reggie Bush is best at home on turf, not away on grass. Fred Jax is risky but not the upside of Torain. Would go with Britt at WR. Great matchup. At kicker, Scobee is a good choice.

Hi Jeff!

I am especially hurting at RB this week with AP dinged up facing CHI. I must start 2 RBs out of the following options:

A.Peterson vs CHI

J.Starks @ NE

B.Jackson @ NE

T.Choice vs WAS

T.Gerhart vs CHI

B.Wells @ CAR

10 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 yds

Waiver Wire options:

Woodhead vs GB

Morris @ TB

Jennnings @ IND

D.Brown vs JAX

Not very pretty. :kicksrock:

Having Vick has covered a lot of warts this year. ;)

Thanks again.

Ben

Hi Jeff!I am especially hurting at RB this week with AP dinged up facing CHI. I must start 2 RBs out of the following options: A.Peterson vs CHIJ.Starks @ NEB.Jackson @ NET.Choice vs WAST.Gerhart vs CHIB.Wells @ CAR10 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 ydsWaiver Wire options:Woodhead vs GBMorris @ TBJennnings @ INDD.Brown vs JAXNot very pretty. :deadhorse: Having Vick has covered a lot of warts this year. ;) Thanks again.Ben
Hey Ben, have to start AP if he plays. For the other one, I would play Choice ONLY if Barber is out. If not, go with Woodhead. He and Morris are probably the safest plays.

Still sticking with Webb over Mike Williams or Santana?

-3 for Ints, -2 for fumbles scares me a bit for Webb, and TB Mike has Detroit's ugly secondary. Santana always seems to explode on Dallas, so I've got a heckuva dilemma here.

Thanks Jeff-

PPR, 1/10, 6 td all, point per comp, 1/20

QB: (1)

Flacco, Orton, Kitna

RB: (2)

Rice, Torain, Blount, Goodson (FA: Choice, Bush(both), Woodhead, James, Ricky)

WR: (3)

Nicks, Bowe, Jennings, Breaston, M Thomas

DEF: (1)

BAL, NYG

Thanks man, appreciate everything.

Hi Jeff!I am especially hurting at RB this week with AP dinged up facing CHI. I must start 2 RBs out of the following options: A.Peterson vs CHIJ.Starks @ NEB.Jackson @ NET.Choice vs WAST.Gerhart vs CHIB.Wells @ CAR10 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 ydsWaiver Wire options:Woodhead vs GBMorris @ TBJennnings @ INDD.Brown vs JAXNot very pretty. :2cents: Having Vick has covered a lot of warts this year. :lmao: Thanks again.Ben
Hey Ben, have to start AP if he plays. For the other one, I would play Choice ONLY if Barber is out. If not, go with Woodhead. He and Morris are probably the safest plays.
What if Peterson is OUT? Its the Monday game, so I would have to put in Gerhart, I suppose? edit to add: Am I goofy to be even thinking about Donald Brown? THANKS!!

Still sticking with Webb over Mike Williams or Santana?-3 for Ints, -2 for fumbles scares me a bit for Webb, and TB Mike has Detroit's ugly secondary. Santana always seems to explode on Dallas, so I've got a heckuva dilemma here.
I can see why. Both wrs have good matchbox and Chicago will be tough in nasty weather

I like kitna rice torain nicks bowe Jennings nyg Good luck

Thanks Jeff-PPR, 1/10, 6 td all, point per comp, 1/20QB: (1)Flacco, Orton, KitnaRB: (2)Rice, Torain, Blount, Goodson (FA: Choice, Bush(both), Woodhead, James, Ricky)WR: (3)Nicks, Bowe, Jennings, Breaston, M ThomasDEF: (1)BAL, NYGThanks man, appreciate everything.

Gerhart if adp sits, brown is decent with a good matchup

Hi Jeff!I am especially hurting at RB this week with AP dinged up facing CHI. I must start 2 RBs out of the following options: A.Peterson vs CHIJ.Starks @ NEB.Jackson @ NET.Choice vs WAST.Gerhart vs CHIB.Wells @ CAR10 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 ydsWaiver Wire options:Woodhead vs GBMorris @ TBJennnings @ INDD.Brown vs JAXNot very pretty. :ptts: Having Vick has covered a lot of warts this year. :) Thanks again.Ben
What if Peterson is OUT? Its the Monday game, so I would have to put in Gerhart, I suppose? edit to add: Am I goofy to be even thinking about Donald Brown? THANKS!!

Hi Jeff,

Rough time picking this week. What are your suggestions?

1/10 yards, 6/TDs

Pick 2 WRs:

Megatron (@TB)

Branch (vs. GB)

Lloyd (@OAK)

Bowe (@STL)

Fitz (@CAR)

Pick 2 RBs:

Mendenhall (vs. NYJ)

Forte (@MIN)

SJax (vs. KC)

(JStewart and Felix Jones also available on waivers)

Thanks Jeff!

Hi Jeff,Rough time picking this week. What are your suggestions?1/10 yards, 6/TDsPick 2 WRs:Megatron (@TB) - dont like him with stanton at qbBranch (vs. GB) - like him a lotLloyd (@OAK) start him if not boweBowe (@STL) if cassel starts, start himFitz (@CAR) - not with skeltonPick 2 RBs:Mendenhall (vs. NYJ)Forte (@MIN)SJax (vs. KC)(JStewart and Felix Jones also available on waivers)SJax and Stewart at RBThanks Jeff!

Users who are viewing this thread