What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

The Jonathan Stewart owner has said he is available for a mid-level WR.Here is his teamQB Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB) RB Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) RB Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) W/T Brandon Lloyd (NE - WR) W/T Steve Smith (Car - WR) P W/T Vernon Davis (SF - TE) W/R C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) W/R Ryan Mathews (SD - RB) K Matt Prater (Den - K) DEF Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF) BN Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) Q BN Lance Moore (NO - WR) BN Ronnie Brown (SD - RB) BN LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB) BN Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR) BN Robert Turbin (Sea - RB) My team:QB Matt Ryan (Atl - QB) RB Frank Gore (SF - RB) RB DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB) W/T Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) W/T A.J. Green (Cin - WR) W/T Julio Jones (Atl - WR) W/R Dez Bryant (Dal - WR) W/R Andre Brown (NYG - RB) K Dan Bailey (Dal - K) DEF Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) BN Dexter McCluster (KC - WR,RB) BN Matt Forte (Chi - RB) BN Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB) BN Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB) BN Mikel LeShoure (Det - RB) BN Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB) I am thinking Dez, but I think I should get more in return. Thoughts? Available WRs include Simpson, Little, Avery, and Hartline.We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, K, D. Non-ppr scoring with all TDs = 6 pts.EDITSo that owner sent me that trade (Dez for Stewart), but also indicated he was interested in Green.What about his Matthews and Lloyd for my DeAngelo and Green?
I think Dez has a chance for a big week this Sunday. I do like your counter for you ... especially since I am not a huge DWill fan

Hi Jeff,

In standard scoring, no PPR league, need to start 4 from this group:

ADP vs SFJCharles @ NO

BMarshall vs StLHarvin vs SF

TSmith vs NE

Bowe @ NOMFloyd vs Atl

Which Giants RB do you like better long term, Brown or Wilson (or is it too early to tell)?

Who do you like better as a pickup for this week and beyond, Amendola or Lafell?

Thanks for help!
Brown for this season, Wilson 2013

1) Start CJ2K vs DET or Deangelo Williams vs NYG - PPR League - If you would start cj2k then would you start williams over Amendola @ CHI? CJ and Amendola, anti-DWill2) Start Lafell vs NYG or McGahee vs HOU? Non PPR McGahee3) Start Martellus Bennett @ CAR or Tony Gonzalez @ SD? Non PPR Too late for Bennett. Both decent this week4) Start Kevin Smith @ TEN, Jon Stewart vs NYG, Eric Decker vs HOU or if bradshaw is out Andre Brown @ CAR? (if you say brown then please list a second option in case bradshaw somehow plays) Non PPR Sorry for not getting to this earlier. Would have said Brown. I do like Decker over Kevin SmithThanks

Jeff,FJackson going forward...needing your thoughts on him. Can he be dropped if you feel you have the rb's. I see a FJax/Spiller split when healthy. I even thought about packaging him with Charles to try to get MJD in one league. I like that move if you have the RB depthAlso need your Thoughts on Dwyer vs Redman going forward? Do not like either with Mendenhall coming back after the Pitt week 4 byeThanks

Jeff,Would you want Simpson or Avery long term this year - Like SimpsonStarks status?? been holding but wasn't sure --- Do not like. He will be back soon, but still not great optionWould you pu Ringer or V. Ballard and would need to drop Brown?? I know it might be a swing for the fence. --- I like both over Brown, but Ringer has upside with way Johnson has playedREdraftThanks

'tate516 said:
PPR LEAGUE

I want to make a move to improve my WR options:

My WRs are:

Steve Smith (CAR)

D Amendola

E Decker

S Holmes

Titus Young

James Jones

I am concerned about the bottom 2, Young has the talent but continues to make mistakes on and off the field.

James Jones I expected more from him especially with Greg Jennings out.

AUSTIN COLLIE is available and playing this week. I know that he is one concussion from possible retirement but when he plays he is there #2

-Andrew Hawkins is there with 2 other CIN targets

-Aldrick Robinson is one of many Skins targets only bc GARCON is out but will be returning soon

-Alsohon Jeffery did nothing last week. I don't trust Cutler.

SO, WOULD U STAND PAT WITH WHAT I HAVE OR PICK UP AUSTIN COLLIE?

IF I PICK UP COLLIE , DO I DROP JAMES JONES OR TITUS YOUNG?

======================================================================================================

My RB's are

DeMarco Murray

Reggie BushDonald Brown

David Wilson

DO I KEEP DAVID WILSON STASHED ON THE BENCH OR GRAB KENDALL HUNTER OR TOBY GERHARDT? - > Wilson for now

There isn't anyone else on the WW that is a starter.

What do u think?
Stay put on the WRs

Jeff,FJackson going forward...needing your thoughts on him. Can he be dropped if you feel you have the rb's. I see a FJax/Spiller split when healthy. I even thought about packaging him with Charles to try to get MJD in one league. I like that move if you have the RB depthAlso need your Thoughts on Dwyer vs Redman going forward? Do not like either with Mendenhall coming back after the Pitt week 4 byeThanks
Would Redman and Dwyer packaged together be worth much in a trade?And Colston or Austin this weekThanks again Jeff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need 2 from Sproles, A.Morris, and D.Murray

5 point bonuses for every 5 recepts, 20 carries, 100 rush yards, or 100 rec. yards

1 point for each 10 yards rush or rec.

Currently I am leaning towards Morris and Murray because they seem more consistent and Sproles is based on how much he is involved in the pass game since he won't be running.

Question: Your thoughts on McCluster, Collie, and Hankerson?

This is non-PPR, 16 players, 12 owners, so there is always some potential on the waiver wire, maybe not so much at RB, but usually something at QB, WR, and TE.

We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 flex RB/WR, and 1 TE.

My RBs are Mathews and Charles, who I plan to start this weekend, and Jacquiz Rodgers, Ryan Williams, and Jonathan Stewart.

My starting WRs are LaFell, who I played on Thursday, and Lloyd, with bench players McCluster, Simpson, and Nicks, because Nicks and Simpson are out this weekend.

So I'm trying to figure out my flex.

Option 1 - McCluster. I was planning on going with McCluster at New Orleans, and even though it’s an away game, that may be the right choice. Between Charles and McCluster, and hoping for a shootout against the Saints, maybe I can get lucky between those two and rack up some points.

But I see that McCluster has been limited in practice all week with a shoulder, and is listed as questionable.

Dodds has him projected for 5.6 points in our league format.

The odds makers show a loss for KC, but with a lot of points scored.

Option 2 - Austin Collie. Collie is on our waiver wire. He has practiced this week and is probable.

So two positives. One is that Collie will probably play, and if he’s 100%, which he should be to be playing, then he’s a very decent WR3, probably with some upside. And two is that it’s an Indianapolis home game against Jacksonville, which is also a positive.

Dodds has him projected for 4.3 points in our league format.

The odds makers show a win for Indy, with medium points scored, which may put Indy more in a running mode than a passing mode.

Option 3 – Hankerson. Finally, I keep hearing about Leonard Hankerson from the Redskins. Pierre Garcon is doubtful, according to FBG.

Again according to FBG, this is a Great matchup, and an advantage for Washington:

(vs Cincinnati Bengals (Great matchup) This looks like an excellent matchup for Griffin and company - advantage, Washington.)

Dodds has him projected for 7.8 points in our league format.

A Washington home game against Cincinnati, which is also a positive.

The odds makers show a win for Washington, with lots of points scored, which may put Washington more in a running mode than a passing mode.

So I’m tending toward Hankerson right now. He may only be a one week wonder, but Dodds has him rated fairly high, and he’s at home. Collie is also at home, but who knows how much he’ll play. McCluster has an away game, and has a shoulder concern.

If Collie is indeed back, he’s the obvious choice, not only because he’s shown he can do it, but because he’s probably the better player over the season…but only if his concussion symptoms don’t rear their ugly head.

Unless someone beats me to the punch, I think I’ll grab Hankerson off the waiver wire, dropping Ryan Williams, and put him into my lineup for Sunday.

Any suggestions? And thanks!

'bighead2000 said:
Would Redman and Dwyer packaged together be worth much in a trade?And Colston or Austin this weekThanks again Jeff!
I would get what you can for the Redman/Dwyer combo with Mendenhall coming back next game (week five). I like both Colston and Austin this week. Both have great matchups.

Need 2 from Sproles, A.Morris, and D.Murray5 point bonuses for every 5 recepts, 20 carries, 100 rush yards, or 100 rec. yards1 point for each 10 yards rush or rec.Currently I am leaning towards Morris and Murray because they seem more consistent and Sproles is based on how much he is involved in the pass game since he won't be running.
I think Murray is the given. The only advantage Sproles has is playing the Chiefs this week, but as you said, they should have the lead. Might as well play Morris since he has a better shot at hitting the bonuses and scoring.

Question: Your thoughts on McCluster, Collie, and Hankerson?This is non-PPR, 16 players, 12 owners, so there is always some potential on the waiver wire, maybe not so much at RB, but usually something at QB, WR, and TE. We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 flex RB/WR, and 1 TE.My RBs are Mathews and Charles, who I plan to start this weekend, and Jacquiz Rodgers, Ryan Williams, and Jonathan Stewart. My starting WRs are LaFell, who I played on Thursday, and Lloyd, with bench players McCluster, Simpson, and Nicks, because Nicks and Simpson are out this weekend. So I'm trying to figure out my flex.Option 1 - McCluster. I was planning on going with McCluster at New Orleans, and even though it’s an away game, that may be the right choice. Between Charles and McCluster, and hoping for a shootout against the Saints, maybe I can get lucky between those two and rack up some points. But I see that McCluster has been limited in practice all week with a shoulder, and is listed as questionable. Dodds has him projected for 5.6 points in our league format.The odds makers show a loss for KC, but with a lot of points scored.He did not practice much this week and is very risky. The situation could shape up for him, but very risky. Option 2 - Austin Collie. Collie is on our waiver wire. He has practiced this week and is probable.So two positives. One is that Collie will probably play, and if he’s 100%, which he should be to be playing, then he’s a very decent WR3, probably with some upside. And two is that it’s an Indianapolis home game against Jacksonville, which is also a positive.Dodds has him projected for 4.3 points in our league format.The odds makers show a win for Indy, with medium points scored, which may put Indy more in a running mode than a passing mode.Option 3 – Hankerson. Finally, I keep hearing about Leonard Hankerson from the Redskins. Pierre Garcon is doubtful, according to FBG. Again according to FBG, this is a Great matchup, and an advantage for Washington: (vs Cincinnati Bengals (Great matchup) This looks like an excellent matchup for Griffin and company - advantage, Washington.)Dodds has him projected for 7.8 points in our league format.A Washington home game against Cincinnati, which is also a positive.The odds makers show a win for Washington, with lots of points scored, which may put Washington more in a running mode than a passing mode.So I’m tending toward Hankerson right now. He may only be a one week wonder, but Dodds has him rated fairly high, and he’s at home. Collie is also at home, but who knows how much he’ll play. McCluster has an away game, and has a shoulder concern. If Collie is indeed back, he’s the obvious choice, not only because he’s shown he can do it, but because he’s probably the better player over the season…but only if his concussion symptoms don’t rear their ugly head. Unless someone beats me to the punch, I think I’ll grab Hankerson off the waiver wire, dropping Ryan Williams, and put him into my lineup for Sunday.I have been a big Hankerson fan since he was at Miami. He should be the Skins top WR if Garcon is out (likely). He is the one I would target since he has more upside than the other two and is developing. One of these weeks, he is going to break out in a big way.Any suggestions? And thanks!

Hello all, I am trying to get to these as best I can. I apologize for the timeliness. As with last week, I am usually not around Saturday nite or Sunday morning.

Jeff,

Which Three of these you like best ppr?

Harvin,Thomas ,Austin,Colston,Sproles

Thanks

Jeff,

I'm about to make a trade offer in a 10 team, PPR league. We only start 1 RB, plus 3 WR, 1 QB, 1 TE, a kicker and a defense. WRs get 5 pts for TDs, QBs get 4, and RB/TE get 6. I'm 2-0 but not feeling great about my WRs and want to upgrade. I made the following trade offer...

My team:

QB: Matt Ryan, Jake Locker

RB: McFadden, Ridley, Bradshaw, David Wilson

WR: Welker, Amendola, Jordy Nelson, Maclin, Malcom Floyd, Bess, Jon Baldwin, Hartline

TE: Pettigrew, Rudolph

K: Akers, DEF: Bears

Another owner with the following RBs: Chris Johnson, Andre Brown, Donald Brown, Daryl Richardson, Jacquiz Rodgers. And these WRs: Julio Jones, Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Blackmon, Devery Henderson.

I offered McFadden and Amendola for Julio Jones. Sound good? Seem fair?

Hi Jeff,

I’m 2-1, but have some RB depth issues that lead to RB bye issues. Another owner is 1-2, and has expressed an interest in talking about a possible trade. Nothing specific so far, but he has depth at RB, and also has bye issues. I play him week 11.

He has previously expressed an interest in Lloyd/9, so maybe that’s a place to start, since Lloyd certainly hasn’t taken off so far.

During week 7, I have RBs Mathews, Charles, and Jacquiz all off, leaving me with just Stewart and McCluster, who is RB/WR in this league. But it sounds like McCluster may have gotten injured this weekend...so I may be toast on that weekend unless I figure out something. I dropped Ryan Williams earlier this week, so maybe he’s a WW option.

During week 5 he has McFadden and Martin off.

So I’m kind of trying to figure out if anything here will benefit me. Charles took off this weekend, so that feels better, and although Mathews didn’t do much, I think he’s got the potential. With Michael Turner’s good day, Jacquiz is probably an afterthought, and it’s really hard to depend on Jonathan Stewart.

Before this weekend, I was thinking that a swap of my Charles/7 for his Martin/5 might be good for both of us, to mitigate his bye week 5 issues and my bye week 7 issues. After Charles went off though, I’m not so hot on that idea!

So I’m kinda stuck, and can’t see anything obvious that would help me with the byes, but not be a detriment over the full season.

I wonder if with his need at WR, and strength at RB, maybe something like Doug Martin/5 for Lloyd/9 or Nicks/11? He gets a stud WR and I get a stud RB, and both are helped with bye weeks? I'd be thinner at WR, but if Simpson or LaFell work out, might that be a better team?

Does anything jump out at you? Thanks Jeff!

This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Vick/7, Ben/4

RB: Mathews/7, Charles/7, Jacquiz/7, Jonathan Stewart/6

WR: Nicks/11, Lloyd/9, Simpson/11, LaFell/6, Hankerson/10, McCluster/7

TE: Hernandez/9, Bennett/11 DEF: Az/10 K: Kaeding/7

His Team: QB: Romo/5, Flacco/8

RB: McFadden/5, Peterson/11, Martin/5, Gerhart/11, Hillman/7

WR: Wallace/4, Decker/7, DeSean Jackson/7, Holmes/9, Alshon Jeffery/6

TE: Witten/5, Cook/11 DEF: Broncos/7 K: Walsh/11

Hello Jeff,

How do you see some of these guys. Just tryin to get some of your thoughts after the games this weekend.

PU Choice with Spiller Hurt?

Futures of: Ringer,Daniel Thomas,Choice,Miller,Jackson,V. Ballard,Redman,Brown,Hunter,Battle,......got Ballard and Ringer in one league, but trying to figure out who to roster going foward. Who do you Like out of these sort of rating them.

You may have someone else you say to keep an eye on.

Nice call on Charles, and How do you see him going forward??? Figure his value just went up.

Thanks,

Rob

Jeff,

I'm have some concerns about Vick getting hammered this year. Have Schaub backing him up.

Also have Rivers on some of my teams. RG11 been starting on one.

Any chance I should look to another Qb?

Dalton and Ponder on Wire in a couple of leagues. Just looking for your opinion.

Thanks

Jeff, Gotta drop one. Standard scoring, no PPR. Who goes?

Amendola, MFloyd, TSmith,Denarius Moore. These guys are for depth, byes and upside because my three top WRs are listed below.

Also...can you rank these three for this week, same league:

BMarshall @ Dallas; Harvin @ Detroit; Bowe vs SD.

Thanks for help.

Hey Jeff, trying to work a trade for Mickel Leshoure in a 16 teamer. Start 2RB and 3 WRs. Standard PPR scoring. My RBs are D.Murray, D. Martin, Ingram and K. Hunter. I'm trying to shore up a bye week starter. My WRs are Crabtree, T.Smith, S. Johnson, Hartline, and Lafell. Do you think T. Smith or Lafell and Ingram for Leshoure would be a good offer?

Jeff,I'm about to make a trade offer in a 10 team, PPR league. We only start 1 RB, plus 3 WR, 1 QB, 1 TE, a kicker and a defense. WRs get 5 pts for TDs, QBs get 4, and RB/TE get 6. I'm 2-0 but not feeling great about my WRs and want to upgrade. I made the following trade offer...My team:QB: Matt Ryan, Jake LockerRB: McFadden, Ridley, Bradshaw, David WilsonWR: Welker, Amendola, Jordy Nelson, Maclin, Malcom Floyd, Bess, Jon Baldwin, HartlineTE: Pettigrew, RudolphK: Akers, DEF: BearsAnother owner with the following RBs: Chris Johnson, Andre Brown, Donald Brown, Daryl Richardson, Jacquiz Rodgers. And these WRs: Julio Jones, Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Blackmon, Devery Henderson.I offered McFadden and Amendola for Julio Jones. Sound good? Seem fair?
\It is a fair offer but I would hold tight with Maclin back this week. Losing McFadden could hurt your RB corps more than expected

Hi Jeff, I’m 2-1, but have some RB depth issues that lead to RB bye issues. Another owner is 1-2, and has expressed an interest in talking about a possible trade. Nothing specific so far, but he has depth at RB, and also has bye issues. I play him week 11.He has previously expressed an interest in Lloyd/9, so maybe that’s a place to start, since Lloyd certainly hasn’t taken off so far. During week 7, I have RBs Mathews, Charles, and Jacquiz all off, leaving me with just Stewart and McCluster, who is RB/WR in this league. But it sounds like McCluster may have gotten injured this weekend...so I may be toast on that weekend unless I figure out something. I dropped Ryan Williams earlier this week, so maybe he’s a WW option.During week 5 he has McFadden and Martin off. So I’m kind of trying to figure out if anything here will benefit me. Charles took off this weekend, so that feels better, and although Mathews didn’t do much, I think he’s got the potential. With Michael Turner’s good day, Jacquiz is probably an afterthought, and it’s really hard to depend on Jonathan Stewart. Before this weekend, I was thinking that a swap of my Charles/7 for his Martin/5 might be good for both of us, to mitigate his bye week 5 issues and my bye week 7 issues. After Charles went off though, I’m not so hot on that idea!So I’m kinda stuck, and can’t see anything obvious that would help me with the byes, but not be a detriment over the full season. I wonder if with his need at WR, and strength at RB, maybe something like Doug Martin/5 for Lloyd/9 or Nicks/11? He gets a stud WR and I get a stud RB, and both are helped with bye weeks? I'd be thinner at WR, but if Simpson or LaFell work out, might that be a better team?Does anything jump out at you? Thanks Jeff! This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Vick/7, Ben/4RB: Mathews/7, Charles/7, Jacquiz/7, Jonathan Stewart/6 WR: Nicks/11, Lloyd/9, Simpson/11, LaFell/6, Hankerson/10, McCluster/7 TE: Hernandez/9, Bennett/11 DEF: Az/10 K: Kaeding/7His Team: QB: Romo/5, Flacco/8RB: McFadden/5, Peterson/11, Martin/5, Gerhart/11, Hillman/7 WR: Wallace/4, Decker/7, DeSean Jackson/7, Holmes/9, Alshon Jeffery/6 TE: Witten/5, Cook/11 DEF: Broncos/7 K: Walsh/11
Nothing immediately jumps out and I would look to hoard the RBs in the non-PPR league. Your WRs will be ok, and you can fill the bye week at that time. There will be new players (like Andre Brown, Tashard Choice, etc) who emerge between now and then.

Hello Jeff,How do you see some of these guys. Just tryin to get some of your thoughts after the games this weekend.PU Choice with Spiller Hurt? Only if Fred Jackson limited in practice this weekFutures of: Ringer(hold with CJ playing poorly),Daniel Thomas (prefer L Miller),Choice (see above),Miller (love for future, but limited opportunities),Jackson,V. Ballard (should start by week 9 or 10),Redman (worthless with Mendenhall back),Brown Andre? Like as Bradshaw has not played well this season),Hunter (like him,but SF uses Gore much more),Battle (do not like),......got Ballard and Ringer in one league, but trying to figure out who to roster going foward. Who do you Like out of these sort of rating them.You may have someone else you say to keep an eye on. Nice call on Charles, and How do you see him going forward??? Figure his value just went up. Like Charles as long as healthy. Might pic up Draughn as his handcuff if worried about injuriesThanks,Rob

Jeff,I'm have some concerns about Vick getting hammered this year. Have Schaub backing him up.Also have Rivers on some of my teams. RG11 been starting on one.Any chance I should look to another Qb?Dalton and Ponder on Wire in a couple of leagues. Just looking for your opinion.Thanks
I like Ponder as a QB2 more than Schaub. Texans play conservatively too often and limits his fantasy #s. I am rolling with Rivers/Ponder in some leagues

Jeff, Gotta drop one. Standard scoring, no PPR. Who goes?Amendola, MFloyd, TSmith,Denarius Moore. These guys are for depth, byes and upside because my three top WRs are listed below.Also...can you rank these three for this week, same league:BMarshall @ Dallas; Harvin @ Detroit; Bowe vs SD.Thanks for help.
Not an Amendola fan in non-PPR so I would dump him. Expect Denarius to take off soon and explode one of these games. Even though I like Marshall a lot, he should be third of that list just due to matchup. I like the other two a lot this week

'Detroit Revival said:
Hey Jeff, trying to work a trade for Mickel Leshoure in a 16 teamer. Start 2RB and 3 WRs. Standard PPR scoring. My RBs are D.Murray, D. Martin, Ingram and K. Hunter. I'm trying to shore up a bye week starter. My WRs are Crabtree, T.Smith, S. Johnson, Hartline, and Lafell. Do you think T. Smith or Lafell and Ingram for Leshoure would be a good offer?
I think your offer is giving too much with torrey Smith (but like it with LaFell better), but RBs are worth a ton in 16 team leagues.

Hey Jeff,

So I need some running back depth (McCoy, MJD, Deangelo, and Powell is all I got) and someone in my league has cedric benson and is weak at TE, which I am strong in with Bennett and Pitta. Which one would you try to send the other way? Oh yeah and I'm playing him this week so I will be playing against whoever I trade...Bennett @Phi and Pitta at home against Cle.

Jeff,

Drop Hill for Kerley?? or Hankerson? or Hartline?

Lafell or D. Moore? What's the deal with Nelson and Bryant this year?

Simpson over any of those WR's this week?

Colston or L. Moore....normally Colston I know

Thanks

Hello Jeff,How do you see some of these guys. Just tryin to get some of your thoughts after the games this weekend.PU Choice with Spiller Hurt? Only if Fred Jackson limited in practice this weekFutures of: Ringer(hold with CJ playing poorly),Daniel Thomas (prefer L Miller),Choice (see above),Miller (love for future, but limited opportunities),Jackson,V. Ballard (should start by week 9 or 10),Redman (worthless with Mendenhall back),Brown Andre? Like as Bradshaw has not played well this season),Hunter (like him,but SF uses Gore much more),Battle (do not like),......got Ballard and Ringer in one league, but trying to figure out who to roster going foward. Who do you Like out of these sort of rating them.You may have someone else you say to keep an eye on. Nice call on Charles, and How do you see him going forward??? Figure his value just went up. Like Charles as long as healthy. Might pic up Draughn as his handcuff if worried about injuriesThanks,Rob
Would you Drop Hillis for some of those guys......like ballard or Hunter for instance.....Pitta or Rudolph?Ponder over Vick or Rivers this week? and is Vick gonna make it thru the year injury wise(not sure if what he might bring in a trade)

Hi Jeff -

I was offered Ced Benson, Dwayne Bowe and 2013 2nd rd rookie pick for

Green-Ellis, Eric Decker and a 2nd rd pick.

Do you think the upgrade to Bowe is worth the downgrade from Lawfirm to Benson? The picks are a crap shoot, so I'm not factoring those in.

12 team non-ppr dynasty.

Hey Jeff,So I need some running back depth (McCoy, MJD, Deangelo, and Powell is all I got) and someone in my league has cedric benson and is weak at TE, which I am strong in with Bennett and Pitta. Which one would you try to send the other way? Oh yeah and I'm playing him this week so I will be playing against whoever I trade...Bennett @Phi and Pitta at home against Cle.
Trade Pitta and it is a good deal for you. Bennett has played well

Jeff,Drop Hill for Kerley??-> no or Hankerson? maybe (only good while Garcon out or Hartline? -> no wayLafell or D. Moore? D Moore What's the deal with Nelson and Bryant this year? I have think jordy has a big week .... Dez is a tough guy to rely uponSimpson over any of those WR's this week? - I might risk Simpson as wr3Colston or L. Moore....normally Colston I know Colston, just now back from foot injuryThanks

Would you Drop Hillis for some of those guys......like ballard - no or Hunter - yes. for instance.....Pitta or Rudolph? - > RudolphPonder over Vick or Rivers this week? and is Vick gonna make it thru the year injury wise(not sure if what he might bring in a trade)

Hi Jeff -I was offered Ced Benson, Dwayne Bowe and 2013 2nd rd rookie pick for Green-Ellis, Eric Decker and a 2nd rd pick.Do you think the upgrade to Bowe is worth the downgrade from Lawfirm to Benson? The picks are a crap shoot, so I'm not factoring those in.12 team non-ppr dynasty.
I like it for you with Bowe. The RBs are close to a wash with Benson having more 2012 production but a few years older. I like it for you, especially since it helps you this year.

Hey Jeff,

Vick or Ponder this week.....very worried about Vick's health ?

Bench Bryant for Lafell?

Brown or Morris?

Jeff, When is the best time to ask a question(think I'm probably asking to many)

Thanks Very much

Hi Jeff, giant running back dilemma! I have to choose ONE out of Fred Jackson, Spiller, Leshoure or Ridley. Leaning toward Ridely because he's the only healthy one I got. But then who knows with BB?

I could also play Randall Cobb in place of my second RB. Not very keen on that though...

And Daniels or Rudolph at TE. Leaning toward Daniles due to matchup.

TIA!

Hi Jeff, I am one of those woeful people who drafted Chris Johnson and I also have MJD, Pierre Thomas and Lamar Miller (whom I picked up after dropping Kevin Smith)

I have Aaraon Hernandez and Pierre Garcon also tying up space on my bench along with Schaub and Boldin. We have a short 6 man bench - this includes CJ and Miller at the moment.

So, my question is what to do about CJ? I see Ringer is finally healthy. Do I pick him up preemptively in case CJ is benched. Do I hold Miller and hope the Bush and D.Thomas stink and give him an opportunity? So I guess it is really a two part question. What to do long term and what to do this week?

10 pts per TD and 1 pt per yard offense. 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te

Thanks again.

Ben

10 team league start 3WR 2RB 1QB 1flex 1TE

2 keepers per team league....

The scoring categories are yahoo default

I was offered:

I get megatron and chris johnson

I give rg3 antonio brown and forte

I have cam newton as my backup qb right now....

I make the deal I would have

Cam

welker

calvin johnson

garcon

foster

chris johnson

finley

bradshaw

I would then have foster and megatron as keepers ....

Should I make the move?

Jeff,

Need a bye week QB for week 6. Standard scoring, 6 pts for all TDs. My options include:

Bradford @ Miami

Kolb vs Buffalo

Tannehill vs StL

Freeman vs KC

Thinking Kolb or Tannehill but interested in your thoughts...thanks!

Jeff,

Drop Hill for Floyd az,Hixon or Roberts? Heard holmes on IR

Battle seems to be gaining steam.....drop Ringer,Hunter,Ballard for him. And what about B. Powell<bolden,Bell??

Is Brown worth holding on?

Thanks

Hey Jeff-

Believe it or not, somebody dropped Hartline last week and I'm in need of some consistent, serious help at WR.

This is a 12 team PPR RETURN league. (1 for 25 on returns and 6TD)

Who would you drop to pick Hartline up of the following:

RB- Hillis, ABrown, DWilliams

WR- RCobb, LMoore, DMoore

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex. My locked in starters are always:

RB - ADP, Foster

WR - BMarshall, NEED

Flex - NEED

Obviously I need WR help and my guys aren't terrible but just not must-starts yet each week. Thinking I need to dump one of the RBs but who has least amount of upside? Hillis has really been pissing me off lately and is now banged up as well. This is an auction keeper league, everyone I'd drop ( or pick-up) cost the same.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hey Jeff-

Sorry for the seperate post, just have a quick sit/start for the early game this week.

Need 2 RBs in a PPR.

SJax, FJax, AMorris, BJGE.

Thinking BJGE and either Morris or SJax. SJax plays early against a tough Arizona def while FJax has the vaunted Niners run def. Morris isn't in a stellar situation but is he my best bet?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Jeff! Colossal dilemmas this week: DMC off. Can start 1 RB and 3 WRs or 2 RB and 2 WRs. Harvin and Nelson are in. Must play one or two between Ridley, Fred Jackson and Spiller. Could also play Antonio Brown or James Jones.

Have Daniels and Rudolph at TE. Need one but could play both if I used in place of one of the guys above.

TIA!

Hey Jeff!

This is more of a website question... and I have not yet formulated the breakdown myself but like a lot of people in FF enjoy looking for the big waiver wire gem more than almost anything. And not just that but finding a good solid reliable WR2 or WR3 or RB2 or that Top 5 TE is great too.

Last year you had a couple great posts, I think one was about 'The Next Peyton Hillis' (obviously about RBs) and another was 'The Next Brandon Lloyd' or something similar.

You had a breakdown of the teams with the best passing/receiving possibilities and you came up with the Steelers, Raiders and Rams (IIRC).

Sooo... I'm wondering what you think this year.

I'm starting to believe in Philbin, Sherman and the Dolphins passing game. (The Steelers are still great but people are on to them now (except for Sanders, who I still think is extremely talented)). Looking for WW or trade-for WR possibilities here.

Thanks.

Hi again Jeff,

I’m 2-2, and have been offered a trade by an owner with RB needs.

He’s also 2-2, and has offered Reggie Wayne for Ryan Mathews.

When I first read the offer on my phone, I thought he was offering Wayne for Ryan Williams. With my week 7 bye concerns at RB, I was thinking that Wayne for Williams was a really fair offer, but I still wasn’t sure if it would fit well for me. Now that I’ve realized he wants Ryan Mathews, I’m positive I don’t want to do that one, but if I could come up with a counter offer, I always like to have options. I play him week 6.

During week 7, I have RBs Mathews, Charles, and Jacquiz all off, leaving me with just Stewart and Williams. If I traded Williams for Wayne, I’d have to pick up an RB off the WW, and for that one week 7 I wouldn’t mind giving that a shot. I play our weakest owner that week, so would hope to get a win, but one never knows how the fantasy games will shake out.

He’s very strong at WR, with Wayne, Andre, Bowe, and Britt.

At RB I really only have Charles and Mathews, backed up just barely by Williams, Rodgers, and Stewart, so I’m not dying to give up an RB. I keep hoping that one of my WRs, maybe Simpson, will take off, since Hankerson and LaFell are not startable at all.

So what do you think of his Wayne for my Williams? I have no idea if he’d take it, but it is an option, so I thought I’d get your valued opinion. Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Vick/7, Ben/4

RB: Mathews/7, Charles/7, Ryan Williams/10, Jacquiz/7, Jonathan Stewart/6

WR: Nicks/11, Lloyd/9, Simpson/11, LaFell/6, Hankerson/10

TE: Hernandez/9, Bennett/11 DEF: Az/10 K: Praeter/7

His Team: QB: Stafford/5, Kolb/10

RB: McCoy/7, Tate/8, Jacobs/9, K Smith/5, Best/5

WR: Bowe/7, Wayne/4, Andre Johnson/8, Britt/11

TE: Pettigrew/5, Chandler/8 DEF: Eagles/7, Falcons/7 K: Hanson/5

Users who are viewing this thread