What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

Hey Jeff,

Keeper auction league question,

I won the league last year but with injuries and losing my rookie picks to trades last year I'm in last place this year. As of now, I have the first overall rookie pick for next year. I know the rookie class is not looking all that good next year and my question is should I trade it for Julio Jones? I have 2 first round rookie picks next year(second is in 10-12 range). i offered my second first round pick but the owner isn't biting. Rookies are key in this league as first rounders only have a salary of $10 and can be kept for 5 years. Julio can be kept for 3 more years after this one and could be franchised. Should i offer the first overall pick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

What is Cobb's value now? Redraft

I have Green,Jennings,Ballard,Charles,Murray,Morris,Hunter, on one team....may let ballard and jennings go for julio

Would you try to move one of those for maybe a Julio or Cobb? The MJD owner has those two guys, and I could use another Wr

Kerley or Hill going forward

Thanks,

Rob

Thoughts on what I should do with my team? Sitting 4-2, but I'd like another #1/#2 RB as I expect Gore to slow down as the season progresses.10 team redraft yahoo league, non-ppr scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, K, DQB: Matt Ryan, Big BenRB: Forte, Gore, Mendenhall, Leshoure, Alex Green, DeAngelo WilliamsWR: Megatron, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez, James Jones, Danny AmendolaK: LegatronD: Seattle
Can you move DWill for Hunter? Another option would be to package Gore and James Jones for a RB like Murray and wait until he is healthy. You could use the same package for possibly Lynch, Fred Jackson (or Spiller), MJD, or any RB who has disappointed of late. You have the depth to wait a couple of weeks for the rebound.
What are your thoughts on sending Dez Bryant for Jonathan Stewart? With Jennings out for 6+ weeks James Jones has extended use, and if/when Jennings comes back I can slide in Danny Amendola who I just picked up.Another option would be Dez Bryant and Alex Green for Jonathan Stewart and Brandon Lloyd.Thoughts on either trade? Preference?

Hi Jeff, I’ve got another trade idea that I’d appreciate your perspective on. I lost Burleson and Fred Davis this week, got Broyles and Fasano off the WW, and I’m trying to strengthen my lineup for the rest of the year. What about my Vick OR Luck, Spiller, Turner, and Broyles, for his Cutler (or maybe Ponder/Weeden?), Charles, Wells, and Thomas? (Edited to add: What if I simplified it to just Spiller and Turner for Charles and Thomas? Do you like that better?)I’d get Jamaal Charles and Demaryius Thomas, potentially an upgrade over Spiller and Turner. I’d also get Chris Wells as a backup whenever he returns, and lose a bit of depth at QB since I’ll lose either Vick or Luck, and will get Cutler (or Ponder or Weeden?) back. I’m assuming that Charles is the real deal, and along with McCoy, that would be a nice starting RB pair. And then since we can start 4 WRs, I’d have Welker, Thomas, Austin, and Britt/Simpson.We’re both 3-4, so I’m treading water hard and hoping to start the win machine rolling!1. Overall, is Charles the real deal, and worth trading for?2. Does this trade make sense and improve my team?3. Do you like Cutler, Ponder, or Weeden in return, and if you could choose, would you keep Luck or Vick?Thoughts or suggestions?Thanks again Jeff!This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Tanner/5 (lottery) WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11 TE: Pitta/8, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4His Team: QB: Cutler/6, Ponder/11, Weeden/10RB: Charles/7, Richardson/10, Chris Wells/10WR: Calvin/5, Dem Thomas/7, Malcom Floyd/7, Boldin/8, LaFell/6, Shorts/6, Golden Tate/11, Meachem/7, Donald Jones/8 TE: Pettigrew/5, Myers/5 DEF: Packers/10, Broncos/7 K: Akers/9
I do not like givining the QBs, but love getting Charles/Thomas (esp with Thomas' great matchup this week)

Hey Jeff,Keeper auction league question,I won the league last year but with injuries and losing my rookie picks to trades last year I'm in last place this year. As of now, I have the first overall rookie pick for next year. I know the rookie class is not looking all that good next year and my question is should I trade it for Julio Jones? I have 2 first round rookie picks next year(second is in 10-12 range). i offered my second first round pick but the owner isn't biting. Rookies are key in this league as first rounders only have a salary of $10 and can be kept for 5 years. Julio can be kept for 3 more years after this one and could be franchised. Should i offer the first overall pick?
I would only make that offer if you are close enough to competing. The extra two years may be of help. That pick will grow in value over the next few months as people get excited for the draft

Jeff,What is Cobb's value now? RedraftI have Green,Jennings,Ballard,Charles,Murray,Morris,Hunter, on one team....may let ballard and jennings go for julioWould you try to move one of those for maybe a Julio or Cobb? The MJD owner has those two guys, and I could use another Wr -> I like getting Julio with so many people down on himKerley or Hill going forward -> I like HIll long term, but Kerley is the answer for 2012Thanks,Rob

Thoughts on what I should do with my team? Sitting 4-2, but I'd like another #1/#2 RB as I expect Gore to slow down as the season progresses.10 team redraft yahoo league, non-ppr scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, K, DQB: Matt Ryan, Big BenRB: Forte, Gore, Mendenhall, Leshoure, Alex Green, DeAngelo WilliamsWR: Megatron, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez, James Jones, Danny AmendolaK: LegatronD: Seattle
Can you move DWill for Hunter? Another option would be to package Gore and James Jones for a RB like Murray and wait until he is healthy. You could use the same package for possibly Lynch, Fred Jackson (or Spiller), MJD, or any RB who has disappointed of late. You have the depth to wait a couple of weeks for the rebound.
What are your thoughts on sending Dez Bryant for Jonathan Stewart? With Jennings out for 6+ weeks James Jones has extended use, and if/when Jennings comes back I can slide in Danny Amendola who I just picked up.Another option would be Dez Bryant and Alex Green for Jonathan Stewart and Brandon Lloyd.Thoughts on either trade? Preference?
I do not like Stewart near that highly. He is equal to Alex Green for me, meaning you would be overpaying

Hi Jeff

Been about a year since a I asked anything, how have you been?

Bad record this year 2-5, but im in a PPR league, and I have for WR's Roddy White, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith (bye this week) Donnie Avery, Jerome Simpson. The Vikes already played, and so I cant drop Simpson, but Brian Hartline was dropped by another guy in the league and I could drop Avery for him, is that a good idea? I have to start one of the two. Avery is the second option on a team with a better QB, but has been quiet for 3-4 weeks, whereas Hartline is the #1 option on his team. I was leaning toward Hartline. Sound like a good idea for long term too, not just this week?

Thanks

Scott

aka PYROboy

Hi JeffBeen about a year since a I asked anything, how have you been? Bad record this year 2-5, but im in a PPR league, and I have for WR's Roddy White, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith (bye this week) Donnie Avery, Jerome Simpson. The Vikes already played, and so I cant drop Simpson, but Brian Hartline was dropped by another guy in the league and I could drop Avery for him, is that a good idea? I have to start one of the two. Avery is the second option on a team with a better QB, but has been quiet for 3-4 weeks, whereas Hartline is the #1 option on his team. I was leaning toward Hartline. Sound like a good idea for long term too, not just this week?ThanksScottaka PYROboy
Hey Scott, life is well for me. Hope all is well for you. I would make the move that gives you the best chance for this week ... which is Avery, but would make the move for Hartline next week. Avery has a much better matchup. Good luck. Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have been in trade talks with an owner would like t get your thoughts. For background, this is a 12 team, salary cap league where we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 flex (RB/WR//TE). Total cap is $150. Players values increase by $2 each year for players under $10 and by 10% for those over $10. Rookies start at $2. We have a blind bidding system on free agents sp having cap room is nice.

My team is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers $22, Ryan Tannehill $2

RB: Trent Richardson $2, Chris Johnson $61, Rashard Jennings $20, Daryl Richardson $3 and Robert Turbin $1

WR: AJ Green $2, Julio Jones $2, Justin Blackmon $2, James Jones $1

TE: Antionio Gates $10

I also have 2 early and 2 late first round picks (4 total) and on my college roster I have Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen and Johnathan Gray

His team:

QB: RG3 $2

RB: Arian Foster $35, Alfed Morris $2, Andre Brown $2, Felix Jones $5

WR: Brandon Lloyd $16, Josh Gordon $1, no one else really

TE: Rob Gronkowski $3, Jason Witten $7

No 1st round pick

The deal I am thinking on is: Aaron Rodgers $22 and AJ Green $2 for RG3 $2 and Gronk $3.

As a Pats fan I am partial to Gronk. And the salaries would be better. But I have cap room now to keep Rodgers for 5 years if he stays good. The deal would let me keep both Gronk and RG3 for their entire careers. Other factors are I am likely to make the playoffs. The other thing long term is I have two top college WRs in Allen and Watkins. And there are always good WRs in the auction every year but no one parts with elite TEs or QBs or RBs for that matter.

Thoughts? Thank you!

G

Jeff,

My bench WR's are currently Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, Kendall Wright and Pierre Garcon. Looking forward to weeks 12-16 which 3 would you keep going forward in a standard non-ppr league?

TIA

PPR, 1PT PER 10 YARDS RUSH/REC 5PTS BONUS OVER 50 YARDS.

Do I trade MARTIN for Roddy White?

We start 1rb 1wr 2 flex

I normally start Martin, Sproles, AJ, Marshall

Sproles gets 1 pt per 25 punt/kick return yards.

The top 250 going forward has Martin 11th (rb9) with 138 points and Roddy 19th WR5 (153 PTS)

While 153 > greater than 138 Martin

I have no backup RB to Sproles if he gets hurt, Still its a shallow league (4 bench spots) I'm sure I'd find a flex starter.

Do you make this trade, Or stay put in case atl clinches homefield in week 14-15-16

Hey Jeff,

I can't decide if I should flip a RB for a WR in my 12-team PPR redraft. Here's what I have:

RB: DMC, Martin, Spiller, Jennings, Hillman

WR: Julio, Dez, D.Moore, T.Young, Givens

Start 2RB, 3WR, and a flex. I guess my receivers are passable but my two 'studs' have not been studs at all. I may be able to get ahold of Calvin for DMC, which is probably a no brainer eh? Other targets could be Bowe or Demaryius.

A more broad question would be how do you rank my top 3 RBs going forward? I can't figure out which one to offer, as they all seem about even in terms of upside.

Also.. I have Vick and Freeman at QB. Might it be wise to make a preemptive pickup on Foles? I'd have to punt either Hillman or Givens.

Thanks.

10 team Redraft league. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX

Scoring System:

10 points per TD

1 PPR

1 Point per 10 yards rushing/receiving

My Team:

QB: Arron Rodgers, Tony Romo

RB: Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Robert Turbin

WR: AJ Green, Wes Welker, Denarius Moore, Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins

TE: Jason Witten, Greg Olsen

I've been shopping Ridley pretty hard for another WR1 type before our trade deadline at game time on Thursday. I was just offered Adrian Peterson and Ben Tate for Marshawn Lynch and Steven Ridley. Would you make the trade? Adrian Peterson is this guys only RB that starts for his team, so he is extremely RB needy. Without posting his entire roster, what tier of player as a throw in would it take to tip the trade to my side if you wouldn't do it.

Hi Jeff,

Tough call for me this week. Need to start any 4 of these in standard scoring, non PPR league. Charles killed me last week, but I have a feeling if I sit him he'll go off.

ADP @ Seat

BMarshall @ Tenn

RJennings vs Det

Harvin @ Seat

DMoore vs TB

JCharles @ SD

Thanks for help!

Hey Jeff,

I have a trade question for you...

It's a 14 team redraft IDP league. I'm only listing the guys on Offense...

My Roster:

QB - Brees, Schuab

RB - McCoy, Steven Jackson, Joique Bell, Chris Rainey

WR - Hakeem Nicks, Randall Cobb, Denarious Moore, Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson, Vincent Brown

TE - Pettigrew

His Roster:

QB - Stafford

RB - Foster, Charles, Dwyer, Ridley, William Powell, Daniel Thomas

WR - Anquan Boldin, Leonard Hankerson, Donnie Avery, Stephen Hill, Pierre Garcon

TE - Vernon Davis, Jermaine Gresham

We start :

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

2 WR/RB Flex

1 TE

Scoring:

6pts for all TDs

1 pt for 30 passing yards, 10 bonus points for 400 yards passing, 5 bonus points for 450 yards

1 pt for 20 receiving yards, 10 bonus points for 150 yards receiving, 5 bonus points for 200 yards

1 pt for 10 rushing yards, 10 bonus points for 120 yards rushing, 5 bonus points for 170 yards

1 pt for 30 return yards, 10 bonus points for 150 return yards, 5 bonus points for 200 yards

.25 pts per completion

-3 per INT

-1 per sack

1 pt per reception

He is offering up Jamaal Charles for Steven Jackson and Stevie Johnson. At first glance I said that's a slam dunk trade, I never end up playing Stevie Jonson and Jackson gets me 5 points a game. I would most likely replace the voided roster spot with Dexter McCluster or a second defense for Arizona's bye week. But Charles has struggled lately and now Peyton Hillis is back in the mix. So do I need to counter with something, I was thinking about asking for Garcon as well, hoping he will recover from his foot injury. But I already have Vincent Brown stashed away in hopes that he will return as well...

So now I have second guessed myself and don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jeff,

-Eric

Hi Jeff,I have been in trade talks with an owner would like t get your thoughts. For background, this is a 12 team, salary cap league where we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 flex (RB/WR//TE). Total cap is $150. Players values increase by $2 each year for players under $10 and by 10% for those over $10. Rookies start at $2. We have a blind bidding system on free agents sp having cap room is nice. My team is:QB: Aaron Rodgers $22, Ryan Tannehill $2RB: Trent Richardson $2, Chris Johnson $61, Rashard Jennings $20, Daryl Richardson $3 and Robert Turbin $1WR: AJ Green $2, Julio Jones $2, Justin Blackmon $2, James Jones $1TE: Antionio Gates $10I also have 2 early and 2 late first round picks (4 total) and on my college roster I have Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen and Johnathan GrayHis team:QB: RG3 $2RB: Arian Foster $35, Alfed Morris $2, Andre Brown $2, Felix Jones $5WR: Brandon Lloyd $16, Josh Gordon $1, no one else reallyTE: Rob Gronkowski $3, Jason Witten $7No 1st round pickThe deal I am thinking on is: Aaron Rodgers $22 and AJ Green $2 for RG3 $2 and Gronk $3. As a Pats fan I am partial to Gronk. And the salaries would be better. But I have cap room now to keep Rodgers for 5 years if he stays good. The deal would let me keep both Gronk and RG3 for their entire careers. Other factors are I am likely to make the playoffs. The other thing long term is I have two top college WRs in Allen and Watkins. And there are always good WRs in the auction every year but no one parts with elite TEs or QBs or RBs for that matter.Thoughts? Thank you!G
Yes, I would do that deal, but tough to give up Rodgers and Green, two of the better players in NFL. After this move, I would look to move Gates for either a 1st + or for a young WR at good price (someone like Denarius Moore, etc).

PPR, 1PT PER 10 YARDS RUSH/REC 5PTS BONUS OVER 50 YARDS.Do I trade MARTIN for Roddy White?We start 1rb 1wr 2 flexI normally start Martin, Sproles, AJ, MarshallSproles gets 1 pt per 25 punt/kick return yards. The top 250 going forward has Martin 11th (rb9) with 138 points and Roddy 19th WR5 (153 PTS)While 153 > greater than 138 MartinI have no backup RB to Sproles if he gets hurt, Still its a shallow league (4 bench spots) I'm sure I'd find a flex starter.Do you make this trade, Or stay put in case atl clinches homefield in week 14-15-16
I would stay put given RBs are harder to find than WRs in shallow leagues. Might pick up Amendola or Garcon a week before they come back instead of this deal

Hey Jeff,I can't decide if I should flip a RB for a WR in my 12-team PPR redraft. Here's what I have:RB: DMC, Martin, Spiller, Jennings, HillmanWR: Julio, Dez, D.Moore, T.Young, GivensStart 2RB, 3WR, and a flex. I guess my receivers are passable but my two 'studs' have not been studs at all. I may be able to get ahold of Calvin for DMC, which is probably a no brainer eh? Other targets could be Bowe or Demaryius.A more broad question would be how do you rank my top 3 RBs going forward? I can't figure out which one to offer, as they all seem about even in terms of upside.Also.. I have Vick and Freeman at QB. Might it be wise to make a preemptive pickup on Foles? I'd have to punt either Hillman or Givens.Thanks.
I would look to move Jennings for a WR )and keep your top three). Target the MJD owner first. I like your WRs and would keep that group intact. I LOVE Givens, but drop him for Foles.

'bleachercreacher said:
10 team Redraft league. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEXScoring System:10 points per TD1 PPR1 Point per 10 yards rushing/receivingMy Team:QB: Arron Rodgers, Tony RomoRB: Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Robert TurbinWR: AJ Green, Wes Welker, Denarius Moore, Josh Gordon, Andrew HawkinsTE: Jason Witten, Greg OlsenI've been shopping Ridley pretty hard for another WR1 type before our trade deadline at game time on Thursday. I was just offered Adrian Peterson and Ben Tate for Marshawn Lynch and Steven Ridley. Would you make the trade? Adrian Peterson is this guys only RB that starts for his team, so he is extremely RB needy. Without posting his entire roster, what tier of player as a throw in would it take to tip the trade to my side if you wouldn't do it.
I like the deal for you a lot since it upgrades your starting lineup. Starting Rodgers, Foster, ADP, Mathews, AJG, Welker, and Witten is a great lineup.

'Foureyes said:
Hi Jeff,

Tough call for me this week. Need to start any 4 of these in standard scoring, non PPR league. Charles killed me last week, but I have a feeling if I sit him he'll go off.

ADP @ Seat

BMarshall @ Tenn

RJennings vs Det

Harvin @ Seat

DMoore vs TB

JCharles @ SD

Thanks for help!
Charles versus Jennings is close, but Charles has more upside while Jennings is safer

'zspikes68 said:
Hey Jeff,I have a trade question for you...It's a 14 team redraft IDP league. I'm only listing the guys on Offense...My Roster:QB - Brees, SchuabRB - McCoy, Steven Jackson, Joique Bell, Chris RaineyWR - Hakeem Nicks, Randall Cobb, Denarious Moore, Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson, Vincent BrownTE - PettigrewHis Roster:QB - StaffordRB - Foster, Charles, Dwyer, Ridley, William Powell, Daniel ThomasWR - Anquan Boldin, Leonard Hankerson, Donnie Avery, Stephen Hill, Pierre GarconTE - Vernon Davis, Jermaine GreshamWe start :1 QB2 RB2 WR2 WR/RB Flex1 TEScoring:6pts for all TDs1 pt for 30 passing yards, 10 bonus points for 400 yards passing, 5 bonus points for 450 yards1 pt for 20 receiving yards, 10 bonus points for 150 yards receiving, 5 bonus points for 200 yards1 pt for 10 rushing yards, 10 bonus points for 120 yards rushing, 5 bonus points for 170 yards1 pt for 30 return yards, 10 bonus points for 150 return yards, 5 bonus points for 200 yards.25 pts per completion-3 per INT-1 per sack1 pt per receptionHe is offering up Jamaal Charles for Steven Jackson and Stevie Johnson. At first glance I said that's a slam dunk trade, I never end up playing Stevie Jonson and Jackson gets me 5 points a game. I would most likely replace the voided roster spot with Dexter McCluster or a second defense for Arizona's bye week. But Charles has struggled lately and now Peyton Hillis is back in the mix. So do I need to counter with something, I was thinking about asking for Garcon as well, hoping he will recover from his foot injury. But I already have Vincent Brown stashed away in hopes that he will return as well...So now I have second guessed myself and don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff,-Eric
I would do that deal as is, but I really like adding a little to get Garcon, too. He and Amendola are great adds for the stretch run.

Jeff -

What to do with JC this week and the quick turn around on Thursday night? I have him in two leagues and face start/sit questions in both:

(1) Standard scoring except .5ppr - JC v. Lynch at RB2? Lynch typically plays better at home and feels like the safer play. Although JC could turn in a big performance if the KC feeds him the ball after last week. Just question that offense in KC.

(2) Standard scoring, bonus for long TD: JC v. Mathews v. Martin at RB2? Due to my depth in this league, I've missed more often than hit on starting the right guy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Jeff,

I hope you and your family are doing well!

I need to know who you like best out of some of these this week?

Morris,Charles, Jennings,Green,Ballard,Murray......need three

Would you offer any of these to the MJD owner? Wondering about Charles going forward after last week.

Rudolph or Bennet?

Thanks

Jeff -What to do with JC this week and the quick turn around on Thursday night? I have him in two leagues and face start/sit questions in both:(1) Standard scoring except .5ppr - JC v. Lynch at RB2? Lynch typically plays better at home and feels like the safer play. Although JC could turn in a big performance if the KC feeds him the ball after last week. Just question that offense in KC. -> I think I would roll the dice with Charles in this situation(2) Standard scoring, bonus for long TD: JC v. Mathews v. Martin at RB2? Due to my depth in this league, I've missed more often than hit on starting the right guy.-> I think I would go with Martin and avoid the Thursday nite game ... but riskyAny thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Jeff,

I hope you and your family are doing well!

I need to know who you like best out of some of these this week?

Morris,Charles, Jennings,Green,Ballard,Murray......need three Charles has more upside than the others

Would you offer any of these to the MJD owner? Wondering about Charles going forward after last week. ->> Hrd question, but would not trade a healthy Charles for an injured MJD

Rudolph or Bennet? -> Bennett

Thanks

Jeff,

Drop Ponder for,Palmer, Locker,Smith or Foles? My main Qb is Rivers.

I know Palmer may be a good play this week.

Austin or Spiller this week in PPR?

Thanks

Jeff, I hope that you are doing well buddy.

OK, so the league is a 12 team 3 keeper league, standard scoring plus bonuses over 100 yards rush/receive and 300 yards passing.

9 starters (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1K) and 5 bench (short benches).

Second league year. The way the keepers works is you can protect up to 3 players and draft them (keep them) indefinitely at the round where you drafted them previously. You cannot, however, keep any players drafted in rounds 1-3. For example, Foster went 1st overall, he cannot be kept. VJax was drafted in the 4th, he can be kept. WW additions can be kept as last round draft picks indefinitely, so they are very valuable.

My team (keepers from year 1 indicated with round value):

QB: Matty Ice (6th-Kept from 2011)

RB: DMC (1), Leshoure (FA), Don Brown (3) , Mendy (7), D Richardson (FA), Ballard (FA)

WR: VJax (4), Cobb (FA), Jennings (2 -Acquired via Trade for Antonio Brown ), Shorts (FA)

TE: Graham (FA - Kept from 2011)

D/ST: Dolphins

K: Hartley

So I was just offered and accepted ADP for a 4th in 2013. I'm definitely good with keeping Matty Ice and Graham until the wheels come off as per the keeper rules, and use the rest of the season to determine the 3rd keeper. Also survived no 2nd round pick due to a 2011 trade and 12th/36th overall as my first 3 round picks to arrive with above team at 5-3. So I don't feel in over my head here.

This trade was still a steal based upon keeping this team above intact, not ruining 2013, and the value I'm getting in a potential HOF RB for 2012, right?

Thanks in advance Jeff and take care.

Jeff,

I have another trade question in a different league:

My Team:

QB - Big Ben, Schuab

RB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, LeShoure

WR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre Roberts

TE - Pettigrew, Gresham

His Team:

QB - Rivers, Flacco

RB - McCoy, Sproles, Dwyer

WR - Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd

TE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett

We start:

QB - 1

RB - 2

WR - 2

TE - 1

It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception for all positions

6 pts for all TDs

-2 per INT

-2 per fumble

He really wants Percy Harvin...still. I'm in first place with the league lead in total points as well, he is in last place.

He has offered up:

Percy and DMC

For

Roddy and McCoy

Schuab and Percy

For

Rivers and Roddy

Percy and any RB

For

McCoy and any WR

My team has been solid all year but Percy has been the only constant scorer, everyone else has been up and down.

I like McCoy in the second half of the year as their schedule gets easier, but I'm not sure it's worth gambling on a sure thing with Harvin.

Any suggestions...? Last time you suggested "I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first. " but that was before the season started...what are your thoughts now that you've seen half the season?

Thanks Jeff,

-Eric

Jeff, I hope that you are doing well buddy.OK, so the league is a 12 team 3 keeper league, standard scoring plus bonuses over 100 yards rush/receive and 300 yards passing. 9 starters (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1K) and 5 bench (short benches). Second league year. The way the keepers works is you can protect up to 3 players and draft them (keep them) indefinitely at the round where you drafted them previously. You cannot, however, keep any players drafted in rounds 1-3. For example, Foster went 1st overall, he cannot be kept. VJax was drafted in the 4th, he can be kept. WW additions can be kept as last round draft picks indefinitely, so they are very valuable.My team (keepers from year 1 indicated with round value):QB: Matty Ice (6th-Kept from 2011)RB: DMC (1), Leshoure (FA), Don Brown (3) , Mendy (7), D Richardson (FA), Ballard (FA)WR: VJax (4), Cobb (FA), Jennings (2 -Acquired via Trade for Antonio Brown ), Shorts (FA)TE: Graham (FA - Kept from 2011)D/ST: DolphinsK: HartleySo I was just offered and accepted ADP for a 4th in 2013. I'm definitely good with keeping Matty Ice and Graham until the wheels come off as per the keeper rules, and use the rest of the season to determine the 3rd keeper. Also survived no 2nd round pick due to a 2011 trade and 12th/36th overall as my first 3 round picks to arrive with above team at 5-3. So I don't feel in over my head here.This trade was still a steal based upon keeping this team above intact, not ruining 2013, and the value I'm getting in a potential HOF RB for 2012, right?Thanks in advance Jeff and take care.
Hey, I like the deal for you since it boosts your starts this year. You have a very good shot at winning the title as long as you can remain injury-free.

Jeff,I have another trade question in a different league:My Team:QB - Big Ben, SchuabRB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, LeShoureWR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre RobertsTE - Pettigrew, GreshamHis Team:QB - Rivers, FlaccoRB - McCoy, Sproles, DwyerWR - Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon LloydTE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett We start:QB - 1RB - 2WR - 2TE - 1It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleHe really wants Percy Harvin...still. I'm in first place with the league lead in total points as well, he is in last place.He has offered up:Percy and DMCForRoddy and McCoySchuab and PercyForRivers and RoddyPercy and any RBForMcCoy and any WRMy team has been solid all year but Percy has been the only constant scorer, everyone else has been up and down.I like McCoy in the second half of the year as their schedule gets easier, but I'm not sure it's worth gambling on a sure thing with Harvin.Any suggestions...? Last time you suggested "I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first. " but that was before the season started...what are your thoughts now that you've seen half the season?Thanks Jeff,-Eric
To be honest, I would not trade Harvin unless you beenfit mroe than these offers. These are all assuming White and Harvin are valued closely, but Roddy has cooled off some. So, I would not move him unless you can upgrade your starters in a deal like: Harvin/Pettigrew for Brown/Graham

At qb would you start Eli vs PIT or Josh Freeman @ OAK? Currently have freeman in since the steelers have the #1 pass d

I need 2 players out of this list one of who has to be an rb - FJAX @ HOU, Spiller @ HOU, Britt vs CHI, Titus Young @ JAC, Josh GOrdon vs BAL

Thanks

At qb would you start Eli vs PIT or Josh Freeman @ OAK? Currently have freeman in since the steelers have the #1 pass dI need 2 players out of this list one of who has to be an rb - FJAX @ HOU, Spiller @ HOU, Britt vs CHI, Titus Young @ JAC, Josh GOrdon vs BALThanks
I think i would roll the dice with Freeman the way he has been playingI like Titus Young if Calvin misses or is limited ... and would go with Spiller for the other given Houston should have a nice lead early.

Jeff,I have another trade question in a different league:My Team:QB - Big Ben, SchuabRB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, LeShoureWR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre RobertsTE - Pettigrew, GreshamHis Team:QB - Rivers, FlaccoRB - McCoy, Sproles, DwyerWR - Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon LloydTE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett We start:QB - 1RB - 2WR - 2TE - 1It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleHe really wants Percy Harvin...still. I'm in first place with the league lead in total points as well, he is in last place.He has offered up:Percy and DMCForRoddy and McCoySchuab and PercyForRivers and RoddyPercy and any RBForMcCoy and any WRMy team has been solid all year but Percy has been the only constant scorer, everyone else has been up and down.I like McCoy in the second half of the year as their schedule gets easier, but I'm not sure it's worth gambling on a sure thing with Harvin.Any suggestions...? Last time you suggested "I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first. " but that was before the season started...what are your thoughts now that you've seen half the season?Thanks Jeff,-Eric
To be honest, I would not trade Harvin unless you beenfit mroe than these offers. These are all assuming White and Harvin are valued closely, but Roddy has cooled off some. So, I would not move him unless you can upgrade your starters in a deal like: Harvin/Pettigrew for Brown/Graham
Jeff,So the guy has since dropped Darren Sproles, he's on waivers and I have the 6th priority. I think there is one other guy ahead of me that would consider picking Sproles up. Of my 4 backs:McFadden - Possible High Ankle SprainRyan MathewsChris JohnsonMikel LeShoureWbo would I drop to pickup Sproles now that reports are suggesting only a 1 to 2 week layoff instead of the 4-6 weeks they were originally diagnosing? I can only carry 4 RBs. I guess I will have time to hear what the Diggy Diggy DOC has to say on the Waiver Wire podcast about Sproles' Injury and McFadden's injury.Thanks,-Eric

Hi Jeff,

I’m considering another idea, and hope you have the time to comment.

I’d offer Turner for Jamaal Charles, assuming that he’s tired of Charles’ carry limitations in KC.

I’ve perked up a bit after a couple of the trades you’ve coached me on, so am now 5-4. He’s also 5-4.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4

RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Forsett/8 (lottery), Tanner/5 (another lottery)

WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11

TE: Pitta/8 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4

His Team: QB: Cutler/6, Weeden/10

RB: Charles/7, Richardson/10, Ronnie Brown/7, Chris Wells/10

WR: Calvin/5, Dem Thomas/7, Malcom Floyd/7, Boldin/8, Golden Tate/11, Shorts/6, LaFell/6, Meachem/7

TE: Pettigrew/5, Myers/5 DEF: Packers/10, Broncos/7 K: Akers/9, Barth/5

Hi Jeff,

Here’s another one I’m noodling over.

This owner started out 8-0, but has been doing it with smoke and mirrors, at least as far as I can tell. He lost this weekend to go to 8-1, so he’s certain to make the playoffs. But he may be willing to trade to strengthen his team for the playoffs.

I play him in week 11 though, so don’t want to do anything that hurts my chances of beating him that weekend!

He's weak at RB, having lost McFadden, at least for the time being, but has great depth at TE. Although we can play a TE flex, his strength there might mesh with my weakness at TE, and perhaps his need at RB.

So I’m thinking of offering him his choice of Reece, Woodhead, Andre Brown, Forsett, or Tanner, for Vernon Davis.

I’ve perked up a bit after a couple of the trades you’ve coached me on, so am now 5-4.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4

RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Forsett/8 (lottery), Tanner/5 (another lottery)

WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11

TE: Pitta/8 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4

His Team: QB: Newton/6, palmer/5

RB: McFadden (injured?), Daryl Richardson/9, Hunter/9, Ingram/6, Ivory/6, David Wilson/11

WR: Dez/5, Antonio Brown/4 (injured?), Hilton/4, Blackmon/6, Manningham/9, Wright/11, Hankerson/10

TE: Gronkowski/9, Vernon Davis/9, chandler/8 DEF: Texans/8 K: Janikowski/5

Jeff,

Who do you like as my last starter this week? My first three are ADP, BMarshall and RJennings. Standard scoring, no PPR...

DMoore @ Balt

JCharles @ Pitt

Bowe @ Pitt

MFloyd @ TB

TSmith vs Oak

Thanks for help!

12 team ppr league

6 per td,

Ive traded all year and ended up with

Ryan

Foster

R. Rice

Marshall

Julio

Hernandez

Flex: Desean Jackson or Stewart

Should I trade Julio Jones and Jonathan Stewart and desean jackson for AJ Green and Stevie Johnson He may do it.

I have Ryan do I break up my QB-WR combo?

PPR I give Rice or Foster and Hernadez I get Graham and AJ Green

12 team PPR league

start 2RB 2WR- 1TE 1 FLEX

Jonathan Stewart would then be my 2.

2 for 2

My lineup now:

Ryan

Foster

Rice

Julio

Marshall

Hernandez

Desean Jackson/Jon stewart

or Ryan

Foster

Stewart

Aj Green

marshall

Graham

Julio Jones

Hey Jeff,

12 team h2h keeper auction league

$200 salary

general scoring

Keep 3 players for 3 years. Can also keep unlimited rookies from rookie draft(salary depends on the round they were drafted and you can keep 1st rounders for 5 years, 2nd for 4 years and 3rd for 3 years)

My team absolutely sucks after winning it all last year(lost rodgers, megaton, adrian peterson to FA) and injuries have hurt me(Jennings, garçon)

Possible keepers for me after this year would be denarious Moore at $7(can keep him for 2 more years after this one). Pierre Garcon for $11(can keep him for 2 more years after this one). Rivers at $34( 2 more years after this one), Shane Vareen $1 (2 more years ...), Greg Jennings $50(3 more years), Celek $6(3 more years), Donald Brown $21(3 more years), and Mike Williams(rookie Keeper) $5 at 2 more years... I also have Jahvid Best at $10 and 2 more years.. I was just offered David Wilson at $10 and he hasn't been activated from rookie squad yet. Once he is he can be kept for 5 years. The owner is looking for Mike Williams in return and my 2nd round rookie pick(likely will be the first pick in round 2). I think i will have the first pick overall next year and a late 1st round pick as well. Should I try to get his 2nd round pick thrown in(which will be a late 2nd round pick) or should i accept the trade. Thanks

Here's one for ya'll...

Who's the TE to own the ROS: Miller or Hernandez?

Miller is starting to come into his own in the PIT short game, and has the backing of his QB. Always a RZ target and the offense is moving the ball.

Hernandez is coming off of injury and has to timeshare with Gronk. But Brady spreads the ball around well, and Hernandez is more of a WR in a TE body. Can easily get the YAC and makes up for any loss of TDs. But does this injury slow him down?

Right now I'm leaning towards Miller, but looking for some input from the collective minds here. What are your thoughts?

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this

1) My Willis McGahee and Titus Young for his Reggie Bush and Steve Smith. Non keeper non ppr.

Oops I defecated Gold

QB - Breesus

RB - DMC, MJD, Willis McGahee, Rashad Jennings, Alfred Morris

WR - Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Maclin, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Titus Young

TE - Aaron Hernandez, Greg Olsen

K - Greg Zuerlein

D- Seahawks

is my full team and other players of interest on his team are AP, Gronk and Owen Daniels if you think I should make a counter. We can't play tight ends at flex.

2) My Matt Ryan for his Randall Cobb. This is a keeper that keeps 5. My full team is

Northern Enders

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan,

RB - Fred Jackson, Kevin Smith, Cedric Benson, William Powell, Dexter McCluster, Travaris Cadet

WR - Welker, Lance Moore, Manningham, Jon Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins

TE - Kyle Rudolph

Kicker - Greg Zuerlein

D - Lolphins

Other players of interest on his team are Forte, AJ Green, Percy Harvin, Hartline and Alfred Morris if you think I should counter

Users who are viewing this thread