What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Hey Jeff - Have a trade offer on the table I'd love your opinion on.

12 team PPR dynasty/contract league. 4 pts per passing TD. Start QB / 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 Flex

QBs: Newton, Schaub

RBs: Peterson, Moreno, Ellington, Gerhart

WRs: Bryant, Blackmon, Smith, Marshall, Nicks, Patterson, Hunter

TEs: Gates, Eifert, Daniels

2014 Picks: 4 x 1st round, 1 x 2nd round

Offer:
I get: Aaron Rogers, Trent Richardson
He gets: Newton, Moreno, Nicks, 2 x 2014 1st round picks

My thoughts: An obvious upgrade at QB (and Rodgers has a good contract locking him up for 6 years). I don't need Nicks with my depth at WR. I am selling low on Newton but it puts me in a good position now. I'd still have two 1st round picks left, although giving away two 1sts is a lot. I guess a lot comes down to your opinion on Richardson.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much! :thumbup:
I do not like it. Your picks are worth more than that and this is time of year they are worth the least. Richardson will likely not outproduce Moreno the rest of the way, you will get a better deal in offseason. If you want better production from QB, see if you can get Vick for a 2nd.
Thanks, Jeff.

So I'm guessing you're not that high on Richardson long term?
I am high on him but think the 2014 and 2015 draft classes are full of stars.

Hi Jeff,

PPR dynasty league, 1PPR

I would receive:

Justin Blackmon WR JAC

I would give:

Julio Jones WR ATL

Seems to me that this offer is a low offer. I'm sure the Blackmon owner is trying to get me to sell low with the news of Jones especially knowing that I'm in a win now mode and having Blackmon would help alot no doubt, especially if Jones is out for the year. However, like I said a straight up trade of Blackmon and Jones seems like a bad deal for me even if Julio is injured for the season or not. Do you agree or is Blackmon and Jones closer in value than I think. Do you think I should consider this deal if I can get more back? If so what more should I ask for? Rookie draft pick, if so what round, a 2nd rounder possibly or more?

TIA Jeff, I appreciate the work you do during the season answering all these questions.
Thank you for the kind words. I like Blackmon a lot and was the highest (by 30 spots) on him in the preseason rankings. Still, he is no Julio Jones and you are playing dynasty leagues for the future. Keep your star WR with a great QB.

my QB are

Matthew Stafford @ Cle

M Vick not playing this week

WW

P Rivers ve Ind

J cutler Vs IND

should i stick with Stafford ( no for sure if CJ dont play) . but are the other two a better play

If i pick one on ww i will have to drop Vick

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

Need to start any 4 of these, including at least one RB. No ppr.

Cruz @ chi

VJax vs Phil

DWilliams @ Minn

BPowell vs Pitt

JThomas vs Jax

VDavis vs Ariz

Thanks again!!

my QB are

Matthew Stafford @ Cle

M Vick not playing this week

WW

P Rivers ve Ind

J cutler Vs IND

should i stick with Stafford ( no for sure if CJ dont play) . but are the other two a better play

If i pick one on ww i will have to drop Vick
I would stick with Stafford unless Calvin does not play. The only issue is that Cutler plays Thursday night. If Calvin does not practice, Thurs/Fri, then I would make the transaction for Rivers.

Hey Jeff - thanks for all the help

10 team, standard scoring league except ppr after 5 catches and bonuses for long TD's:

Amendola, Blackmon, or Shorts at WR3 - starting behind Andre and Cruz.

Thanks

Hello Jeff,

Below is my starting lineup, do you agree with it? NE havent given any score to WR since week 2 so i'm benching Colston. Also, is McGahee the better starter than Z. Stacy? Standard scoring. Non-ppr. 12 team

QB: T.Brady

WR: B. Marshall, T.Y. Hilton

RB: J. Charles, R. Bush

TE: G. Graham

Flex: W. McGahee

D. Akers

KC D/ST

Bench

M. Colston

M. Wallace - bye

J. Bell

Z. Stacy

K. Rudolph

NE D/ST

Thanks Jeff

Lineup Starters PPR

QBS (1)

BREES @ NE

RIVERS V INDY

RBS (2)

FORTE V NYG

A MORRIS @ DAL

J BELL @ CLE

LACY @ BAL

WRS (3)

WELKER V NO

J NELSON @ BAL

D JACKSON @ TB

EDELMAN V NO

RANDLE @ CHI

D HOPKINS V STL

TE(1)

J GRAHAM @ NE

J CAMERON V DET

FLEX - 1 RB / WR / TE

*I WOULD PREFER A TE OR WR, WHO DO YOU GIVE THE START TO?

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!

Jeff,

You earlier mentioned that 2014-2015 draft are full of stars. Can you list a couple outside of Watkins and Lee? I have 2 1sts in a 10 team dynasty league and have the chance to trade one of them (the lower of the pick in the 8-10 range), Ellington, and Jacquiz for Wilson but I am curious to see if I should hold my two 1sts and build my RB core via draft.

Thanks

Hello Jeff,

Below is my starting lineup, do you agree with it? NE havent given any score to WR since week 2 so i'm benching Colston. Also, is McGahee the better starter than Z. Stacy? Standard scoring. Non-ppr. 12 team

QB: T.Brady

WR: B. Marshall, T.Y. Hilton

RB: J. Charles, R. Bush

TE: G. Graham

Flex: W. McGahee

D. Akers

KC D/ST

Bench

M. Colston

M. Wallace - bye

J. Bell

Z. Stacy

K. Rudolph

NE D/ST

Thanks Jeff
I agree on the RBs ... and think Hilton vs Colston is close. Might as well go with the upside of Hilton

Lineup Starters PPR

QBS (1)

BREES @ NE

RIVERS V INDY

RBS (2)

FORTE V NYG

A MORRIS @ DAL

J BELL @ CLE

LACY @ BAL

WRS (3)

WELKER V NO

J NELSON @ BAL

D JACKSON @ TB

EDELMAN V NO

RANDLE @ CHI

D HOPKINS V STL

TE(1)

J GRAHAM @ NE

J CAMERON V DET

FLEX - 1 RB / WR / TE

*I WOULD PREFER A TE OR WR, WHO DO YOU GIVE THE START TO?

cameron .... lacy next

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!

Jeff,

You earlier mentioned that 2014-2015 draft are full of stars. Can you list a couple outside of Watkins and Lee? I have 2 1sts in a 10 team dynasty league and have the chance to trade one of them (the lower of the pick in the 8-10 range), Ellington, and Jacquiz for Wilson but I am curious to see if I should hold my two 1sts and build my RB core via draft.

Thanks
qb is loaded, beginning with Teddy Bridgewater

rb has yeldon, gordon, seastrunk, carey wilder, thomas

wr evans, richardson, moncrief

this is only a few and I know this list is not exhaustive.

Thanks Jeff! Would you make the deal I mentioned above? I guess, is Wilson the better bet to turn it around or should I hold on to Ellington? Or look to make a better deal without including a draft pick?

Thanks Jeff! Would you make the deal I mentioned above? I guess, is Wilson the better bet to turn it around or should I hold on to Ellington? Or look to make a better deal without including a draft pick?
I would hold off. Wilson will not help you now that he is out for a few games. This is the time of year picks are worth the least

Jeff,

In a ppr Redraft I have Rivers and Luck at qb. Would you offer either of those for RG111??

Allen or Wright in PPR?

Thanks

Jeff,

Hate to ask kicker questions?

Anyone you really like now and the near future

Succop seems to be having a great year and I figure should have the chances. Here are some more choices:

Akers,Henry,Folk,Gould.....How do you pick these usually.

Thanks

Jeff,

I too want to THank you as your Always so Very helpful on here!

TE for Week 7 for by week choices: Cumberland,Eiert,Fauria,Miller,Chandler,Walker,Kendricks,Harbor

Thanks

Hi Jeff, I must sit one of these players: Nelson, Garson, Gordon, Blackmon or Spiller. I am really tempted to sit Spiller of all these.

What do you think?

Also, in another league: Macgahhee, Levion Bell or Chris Johnson--pick one please.

Desean Jackson or James jones?

Thanks again Jeff!

Jeff,

If I can trade Spiller and a 1st round pick in next year's dynasty draft for Trent, would you pull the trigger? If everyone has Trent as the top 2 future back, I have to make this deal, right? I have those 2 1st rounders to use as bait.

My WRs are killing my team. Who should I drop for Allen? I'll be 3-3 after this week.

10 team redraft yahoo league. non-ppr, throwing TDs=6 pts. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 2 Flex, K, D
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Bryce Brown, Roy Helu, Andre Ellington
WR: Andre Johnson, Marques Colston, Eric Decker, Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Alshon Jeffery
K: Flex
D: Bengals

Hey Jeff - A bit more of a general question on trading Nicks.

12 team PPR dynasty/contract league. 4 pts per passing TD. Start QB / 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 Flex

My team:

QBs: Newton, Schaub

RBs: Peterson, Moreno, Ellington, Gerhart

WRs: Bryant, Blackmon, Smith, Marshall, Nicks, Patterson, Hunter

TEs: Gates, Eifert, Daniels

2014 Picks: 4 x 1st round, 1 x 2nd round

I obviously have pretty good depth at WR. I plan on using my picks to upgrade my RB position next year in the draft. Since I am very deep at WR would you trade a WR (thinking Nicks but could also trade Marshall) for an upgrade at QB or try to get a top TE (although Gates is doing pretty well for me)?

If so, what kind of player do you think I should go after? I know it's a bit hard to answer since you can't see everyone else's roster, but looking for a tier of player at other positions that you think Nicks (or Marshall) should be able to get me.

Thanks!

Thanks as always! :thumbup:

Hi Jeff, My roster is team 1 below, it's non-ppr. Should I give Sproles, Stacy and Miles Austin for Romo, TorreySmith and Donald Brown?

I like torrey Smith over Sproles at flex but am I giving up too much depth? Spiller and McCoy have same bye so ny RBs that week are weak. Romo I guess is a small upgrade and I can play matchups vs Cam.

I dont mind rolling with Gordon, Decker, Smith for WRs. Im trying to do Sproles for Smith straight up but not getting it...yet

I may get Broncos instead of DBrown but it only helps week 8 bye for Texans or as matchup plays

thanks

Hey Jeff,

I'm in a 14 team, 4-keeper, PPR league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 flex...

Through some strong keepers, good drafting, great trading, and frankfully, a hell of a lot of good luck, I end up with this roster:

QB: Stafford (solid, but not great)

RB: McCoy, Forte, Arian, Spiller, Moreno, McGahee, Mendenhall

WR: Calvin, AJ, Marshall, Blackmon, Harvin, Terrance Williams

TE: Heath Miller, Jordan Reed

Obviously, I'm stacked at RB/WR, but weak at TE, and average at QB. I'm going for the championship with this team, so would like to shore those positions up.

Who do I go after, and with what? I'm willing to give up draft picks as I can trade some of my keepers at end of season to get some back.

For instance, do I trade a RB/WR for Jordan Cameron? Jimmy Graham's owner loves him, so may be hard to pry away. He also has Gronk (I traded him Gronk for Spiller), but he is hesitant to take a hit on him. I've tried to get Julius, but his owner hasn't shown interest yet.

What about at QB?

Jeff,

Would you trade Martin for Richardson in ppr redraft.

Or would A. Green,Trent for Martin and White be fair.......Id get Green and Trent.

Thanks

Jeff,

Who's the pu from Dallas....thinking Dunbar maybe? or Ogbonnaya? I had finally dropped Dunbar because he was injured.

Michael Floyd, Manningham available as well. If Calvin and A. Johnson going to be back to there top form?? may not need a wr.

Who would be your Top Two most likely guys the are available this week? Either at Rb or Wr

Sadly I would've won if I started Allen over Calvin this week....guess should of benched Calvin except that he was Active.

Choices....Dunbar,Ogbonnaya,Manningham,Floyd.....Who do you like out of these? And is Olsen worth Rostering after Gozo gets back?

Thanks

Need a RB or two bad which one of these would be a upgrade ( be low is my RB)

No PPR

My RB

Alfed Morris - like he starting to show sign of life

Darren Sproles - like

Doug Martin - killing me

LeVeon Bell -

WW

Pierre Thomas

Stevan Ridley

Jolque Bell

D woodhead

Benjarvis Green Ellis

Joseph Randle

Jeff,

12 team ppr te. Mandatory

Offered kapernick and Gonzalez. For Newton and Finley.

I would get Gonzalez.

I have brees. Is gonzo enough of an upgrade to make this deal?

Hey Jeff

Need some help please at WR. Standard PPR league.

My WR are: A. Brown, Bowe, Shorts (hurt), Randle, Douglas, Givens We start 2 WR and flex 2 (WR/RB/TE)

Would you drop Givens for Terrance Williams (Dallas) or not? Thanks

NEED A BYE WEEK DEFENSE-----WHICH OFFERS ME THE BEST MATCHUP?

SD @ JAX

MIA V BUF

CLE @ GB

DAL @ PHI

CAR V STL

STL @ CAR

THANKS!!!!

Hey Jeff,

I play in a 14 team 1/2 PPR keeper league. I'm 1-5 and looking to sell some studs for keeper value since we can only keep two people. I've received three very strong trade offers and I'm having trouble deciding. It's an auction draft so to give you an idea of how much players went for in this year's draft ($175 budget):

Charles - $66

Gore - $44

Vernon Davis - $19

Fitzgerald - $30

Brees - $62

Romo - $18

With that in mind, my options are to trade for the following guys with keeper value adjusted since I'm being sent draft budget in all 3 trades:

Adrian Peterson - keep for $34

Jimmy Graham - keep for $1

Alfred Morris - keep for free plus get $19 on top.

McCoy is a guaranteed free agent this year and I'm guessing I can get him for $75 if I don't keep AP. My instincts are saying to take Graham although I think the Morris trade gets me the best pure value. At the same time turning down AP for that low price feels insane too. If it helps, I will likely have Gio ($11) and Cobb ($7) as my other keeper options. I appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks!

Jeff, Looking a sig....ppr

Let me re visit

Drop Cumberland,Olsen, Hunter for any of these guys:

Dunbar,Obonnaya,Manningham , Michael Floyd....

I'm feeling better at Wr now , but I know guys in our league need both Wr's and Rb's

thanks

Jeff,

Who's the pu from Dallas....thinking Dunbar maybe? or Ogbonnaya? I had finally dropped Dunbar because he was injured.- >Joseph Randle

Michael Floyd, Manningham available as well. If Calvin and A. Johnson going to be back to there top form?? may not need a wr. -> I would pick up Floyd if you can . I like Johnsons to come back to full health soon

Who would be your Top Two most likely guys the are available this week? Either at Rb or Wr - > Randle, Floyd of the choices listed

Sadly I would've won if I started Allen over Calvin this week....guess should of benched Calvin except that he was Active.

Choices....Dunbar,Ogbonnaya,Manningham,Floyd.....Who do you like out of these? And is Olsen worth Rostering after Gozo gets back? no

Thanks

Need a RB or two bad which one of these would be a upgrade ( be low is my RB)

No PPR

My RB

Alfed Morris - like he starting to show sign of life

Darren Sproles - like

Doug Martin - killing me

LeVeon Bell -

WW

Pierre Thomas

Stevan Ridley

Jolque Bell

D woodhead

Benjarvis Green Ellis

Joseph Randle
pick up Ridley for Bell

Hey Jeff

Need some help please at WR. Standard PPR league.

My WR are: A. Brown, Bowe, Shorts (hurt), Randle, Douglas, Givens We start 2 WR and flex 2 (WR/RB/TE)

Would you drop Givens for Terrance Williams (Dallas) or not? Thanks
yes. you might also check GB/NE options on waiver wire after the injuries of late

Hey Jeff,

I play in a 14 team 1/2 PPR keeper league. I'm 1-5 and looking to sell some studs for keeper value since we can only keep two people. I've received three very strong trade offers and I'm having trouble deciding. It's an auction draft so to give you an idea of how much players went for in this year's draft ($175 budget):

Charles - $66

Gore - $44

Vernon Davis - $19

Fitzgerald - $30

Brees - $62

Romo - $18

With that in mind, my options are to trade for the following guys with keeper value adjusted since I'm being sent draft budget in all 3 trades:

Adrian Peterson - keep for $34

Jimmy Graham - keep for $1

Alfred Morris - keep for free plus get $19 on top.

McCoy is a guaranteed free agent this year and I'm guessing I can get him for $75 if I don't keep AP. My instincts are saying to take Graham although I think the Morris trade gets me the best pure value. At the same time turning down AP for that low price feels insane too. If it helps, I will likely have Gio ($11) and Cobb ($7) as my other keeper options. I appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks!
I like all three. Love Graham at that value and Morris is solid RB2. You will be set with Gio and Cobb, too. I would also target Julio and other injured guys.

Jeff,

If I can trade Spiller and a 1st round pick in next year's dynasty draft for Trent, would you pull the trigger? If everyone has Trent as the top 2 future back, I have to make this deal, right? I have those 2 1st rounders to use as bait.
Bump

NEED A BYE WEEK DEFENSE-----WHICH OFFERS ME THE BEST MATCHUP?

SD @ JAX

MIA V BUF

CLE @ GB

DAL @ PHI

CAR V STL

STL @ CAR

THANKS!!!!
Miami coming off a bye

Unfortunately, someone got to them before you were able to get to me ...2nd choice? Thanks again Jeff I appreciate the assist!

Users who are viewing this thread